[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Literally becomes a Captain Planet villain How did they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: 1444880186032.png (614 KB, 912x493) Image search: [Google]
1444880186032.png
614 KB, 912x493
>Literally becomes a Captain Planet villain

How did they fuck up the story this bad?
>>
WHEN THEY SHOWED HIS FUCKING FACE!

FUUUUUUUCK!
>>
File: the_simpsons.png (86 KB, 250x276) Image search: [Google]
the_simpsons.png
86 KB, 250x276
Borax: I am the Borax. I speak for the woods. But I've plastered my likeness on consumer goods.

Homer: Sellout!
>>
hey I remember this thread from 8 hours ago
>>
>>80372457
Nostalgia Critic made a video on it, and its one of the few where he was pretty on the nose with it.

https://youtu.be/sYwwgeP5Jms
>>
They didn't show his destructive nature as the byproduct of his capitalism, they showed him actively taking joy in it.
>>
I missed the scene in the first animated adaptation where the Onceler points out that closing his factory will mean costing tons of people their jobs, and the Lorax admits that he doesn't have a good answer for that. Decades ago, it had more awareness in seeing that the issue wasn't black and white.

But yeah original Onceler never enjoyed destroying shit, he just had a "great" idea that spiraled out of control and didn't consider the consequences of his actions.
>>
>>80373068
>>80372785
Exactly.
In "How bad I can I be" they have him

>Knowingly and happily polluting the skies and water
>Stealing food from starving animals
>Setting up fake charities
>>
>>80373214
One reason the book was good was Onceler was just an everyman, not an evil villain pig monster like in Captain Planet polluting on purpose for no reason. He just could be anybody and was everybody.
>>
>>80372730
yeah, his analysis of the Onceler's characterization was on the fucking spot
>>
>There will never be a good Lorax musical.
>>
>>80372457
They made the right move by humanizing him, then completely undid it and ruined everything by shifting his villainy onto other characters.

The Onceler is supposed to potentially be the audience. If it just becomes "It's all THOSE bad people's fault" then the point is missed.
>>
>>80372730
>Nostalgia Critic
That biased dick is still making shit?
>>
HOW
BAD
ME
BE
>>
>>80373275
I think think the original animated adaptation did a great job of making him sympathetic

>If I didn't do it, then someone else would
>>
File: HOWMEBADBE.png (93 KB, 538x549) Image search: [Google]
HOWMEBADBE.png
93 KB, 538x549
The fanbase for this movie is terrifying.
The fact that this movie even HAS a fanbase is terrifying.
>>
>>80375327

better song:

https://youtu.be/BpgUQYARIsw
>>
>>80375327
Those comments aren't even half as bad as the ones I usually see.

I would actually join a legit fanclub, if one existed. I still find the movie fascinating. But my experiences with fan groups never ends well.
>>
>>80375327
The main character looked like jason miraz before the fedora shit was becoming prevalent
>>
>>80375327
I didn't know there was still an active fanbase for this movie.
>>
>tfw you realize the actual book story ends after 2/3 into the movie and the last 30 mins is a fanfiction happy ending
>>
File: 1323552529895.png (22 KB, 696x552) Image search: [Google]
1323552529895.png
22 KB, 696x552
>>80375490
>they cut this
Never fails to piss me off.
>>
>>80373755
Yeah i never like it this guy, but his analysis of the original once-ler is perfect
>>
>>80375490
i never understand why they cut this
>>
>>80375269
>If I didn't do it, then someone else would

Yeah that's a great line, because it's such a common justification/rationalization that people use, especially for not being the best about the environment, also because honestly it's kind of true. It's easy to say "why worry about the environment when the things I do won't make a difference if everyone else is being wasteful" or whatever.
>>
>>80372457
thats what big business does to people. Fuck wallstreet
>>
File: Unless.jpg (637 KB, 1600x822) Image search: [Google]
Unless.jpg
637 KB, 1600x822
>>80375590

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."

Such a powerful line, such a powerful ending. And sadly prophetic.
>>
Zac Efron's character should have told Taylor Swift's character about the Onceler, she would have eaten that shit up.
>>
>>80373068
>>80373214
Still a good movie though.
>>
>>80377377
It's not catchy.
>>
>>80372457
By stretching it into a feature length film.
>>
>>80377377
It didn't fit the new tone of the movie.
>>
>>80372730
Nostalgia Chick did it better with no shitty skits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ltppl0Esjo
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.