[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can he be fixed, /co/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
How can he be fixed, /co/?
>>
>>80368991

DANTE? SON OF SPARDA??
>>
>>80368991
If it was for me, they should keep the current super-weird direction and run with it. I always found preboot Tim pretty boring and I like the idea of him being this socially stunted asshole who ruined his entire family and awkwardly tries to make friends and fails. Right now he's an even sadder Batfailure than Jason. I like it.

Old Tim was the definition of flavorless to me, though admittedly I haven't read all his stuff.
>>
First fix his awful costume.

If we're keeping him a Titan, put actual good writers on it and develop him. I wouldn't mind seeing the YJ crew reunited and somewhat rehashed if it meant fixing Tim, Conner and hopefully Bart.

Make Jason a real villain and have him be Tim's antagonist. Probably not gonna happen when he brings in that edgelord money, but I can hope.

If we're gonna keep him older, maybe have him deeply resent Damian and Batman, and to keep with his prior fanboy status, have him be really critical of Batman and cynical of his mission but still feel obligated to work with him, as a stand-in for jaded older fans.

Finally make him gay.
>>
Whats wrong with him?
>>
>>80368991
Yumm!
>>
>>80368991
Get rid of him for good.
>>
>>80369415
I haven't read New 52 Tim after they fucked up his origin.

He's not gay for Superboy anymore?
>>
>>80369663
Anon...he's not even virgin anymore
>>
>>80369819
fuck. i wish i had some issues now just so i could throw them away
>>
>>80369663
No, he still gay
>>
Make Timkon canon.
>>
>>80368991
Put him and Superboy naked in the same room together and lock the door.
>>
>>80369958
He has the hots for Wonder Girl, though.
>>
>>80371514
You forgot to add turn off the lights and let us see what happens.
>>
You know, I have never read the Teen Titans (Young Justice?) stuff that starred Tim and Kon together, but judging by the comments I keep reading about it, the UST must have been off the charts.

I agree though, make Tim bi or gay. It'd set him apart and we'd have our first out Robin.
>>
>>80368991
First and foremost, DC has to want to care about him.

They care about Dick and Damian way more right now, especially if Damian is on Teen Titans like it's rumored. Jason is still kinda cared about more, in that he's had a book focused on him for the past 5 years, even if it is written by a writer that nobody likes.
Tim has had nothing but a book set in the future and a team book where he has to vie for attention. It's obvious they consider Tim Nightwing-lite right now, which is awful since Nightwing is often Batman-lite. So Tim is double redundant.

>change origin
>change outfit
>give him a solo with good writer who gets him
>change his personality to something less smug and arrogant
>have a focus on him and his family
>no Batman Jr or Batman tier shit like the end of Red Robin

Make him a detective or something since that's the only thing people remember about him.
>>
>>80371541
Donna's a dude
>>
>>80372914
I wonder if he could support a solo. Not shitposting, I really wonder, because he's never been a favorite for me, but I know a lot of people like him. And that BatBey thing seems to be doing all right, despite the fact that everyone was mad about Terry.
>>
>>80373033
He's supported like 200 issues worth of solo before the New 52 pretty damn well

If he can't now that's because DC fucked him up real bad
>>
File: uy3fhZbJi1qf8439.png (339 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
uy3fhZbJi1qf8439.png
339 KB, 500x375
>>80372432
They were really gay together. Good times.
>>
Double down on the idea of him as a detective. Make his stories like early 80's batman. It'd give him a unique feel that we don't see much of in comics nowadays.
>>
>>80369415

Can he have a relationship with Cullen?
>>
>>80373033
> make Cullen, Stephanie, and Harper his supporting cast.
> throw in guest appearances of Jason Bart, and Cass.
> bring back Marcus To

It could work.
>>
File: Red Robin Marcus To.jpg (954 KB, 2560x1965) Image search: [Google]
Red Robin Marcus To.jpg
954 KB, 2560x1965
>people didn't like this series

why even live?
>>
>>80375443
Tim's book was going in a really neat direction until they threw it all in the garbage.

>Awesome baldhottie short tempered sidekick
>interesting love interest thing going with Tam Fox
>Potentially neat Oracle-like character with Anarky guy
>>
>>80375443
It was okay until Yost left and Nicieza took over. Yost was doing a pretty good job rehabbing Tim and the shit he'd gone through, then Nicieza came in and turned him into King Keikaku Batman Junior. Also literally every girl in the book wanted his dick. It was pretty much "bitches love Robin" and a pretty drastic shift from what Yost was doing,
>>
>>80375552
>Also literally every girl in the book wanted his dick.
That was pretty normal for Tim at that point though, so you can't really fault the book for it. They were just sticking with canon.
>>
File: fixed.jpg (45 KB, 736x335) Image search: [Google]
fixed.jpg
45 KB, 736x335
>>80368991
You could turn him into a black man and give him metal wings.

That could spice things up a bit.
>>
>>80375552
Yeah, more or less this. I loved the first half of this series. And actually, I think the second half is all right, but I get people's problems with it. In the end, the Lil' Batman angle erased a couple things that set Tim apart, I guess. However, I never read his Robin stuff, so Red Robin is all he ever was to me, and it didn't bother me too much.
>>
>>80375552

Eh only one who wasn't thirsty was Cassandra. Until Gates of Gotham not by Nicieza.
>>
>>80375948
Gates of Gotham still pisses me off because I always felt their relationship was more platonic and sibling-like. They were great friends but it was nothing sexual, and it felt nice to see a male and female as friends and nothing more, you almost never get that. Also Kon was pretty in love with her before that whole evil Cass debacle and it feels wrong for Kon's best friend to be interested like that.

Then GoG happened and they were implied to fuck.
>>
>>80376066

Well given Cassie and Tim made out over Tim's failed Kon clones. Then I guess it's the least ill thing Tim's done with an ex of Kon.
>>
>>80376495
Also why I don't want Wonder Robin. It's creepy when you know the context.
>>
>>80375443
I didn't hate it, it was just kind of forgettable given all the other amazing Bat books coming out at the same time.
>>
>>80377339
I liked how it tied into Batman, inc and had Tim being the international liaison and handling the business side of setting it up. Wish they did more with it.
>>
>>80375443

I loved the series. why C2E2 will be extra special with To and Nicieza to sign their issues and trades.
>>
File: 1355352487177.jpg (112 KB, 500x527) Image search: [Google]
1355352487177.jpg
112 KB, 500x527
>>80369958
>>80371541
I'm pretty sure him and Jason want to fuck each other as well

>>80375443
As bad as his showgirl wings are I really hate that hood.
>>
>>80377625
It's possible. Suffice it to say their preboot relationship was....strange. To say the least.
>>
>>80368991
Fold him into one of the Robins that matter, probably Jason.
>>
>>80375639
That looks so horrible

no racial here
>>
Cyber ninja suites for the entire bat family

just make them more slick and less armory
>>
>>80377821
>Cyber ninja suites for the entire bat family
So you basically want Batman beyond?
>>
>>80377855
yeah sort of a prequel to that era and suit
Batman beyond needs some updating too
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.