[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHAT ARE THEY DOING?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 5
File: civilwar-capvsironman-promo.jpg (774 KB, 1500x801) Image search: [Google]
civilwar-capvsironman-promo.jpg
774 KB, 1500x801
Civil War comes out next month in some countries, yet we've only had a trailer that debuted 3 months ago and a measly 30 second superbowl ad

What's happening?

8 more weeks until release, and we've basically seen nothing.
>>
In the one month leading up to the release, expect to see a ton of new TV spots and that kind of thing

I remember that's how it went with Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, Fantastic Four, Deadpool, etc. I expect around April they'll start shitting promotions out of the sky
>>
>>80367904
>>>/tv/
>>
Marvel is very late with pormotion for their movies in the last years in general, it happened with Guardians and Ant-Man too.

Basically you'll get bombarded with tons of TV spots and marketing only in the last month.
>>
>>80367978
>>80368023
This, also BvS is in hyper promotion mode since there's less than a month. I would expect them to go heavier after that's released.

Then X-Men will take their turn.
>>
>>80367904
That's perfect, though. The less we see of it, the better the experience will be, regardless of movie quality.

Next trailer will probably be at the AoS premiere.
>>
>>80367904
Second trailer of GotG only came out in late May, so two months before release. There are still 9 weeks till Civil War, so I'm expecting the new trailer to drop this week or next one.
>>
I expect a trailer for Civil War to be attached to BvS and released online the week of.

It'd be dumb for marvel to not attach a new trailer to one of the biggest movies of the year.
>>
>>80368193
Can they attach it if they're a rival company?

Nah, it's probably going to drop next week when AoS premieres. Give that shitty show a slight boost in viewers.
>>
>>80368239
Why would they not attach it? It's promotion for both.
>>
>>80368239
Theaters pick what to attach. Sometimes a film comes with specific directions to attach a trailer.

They don't really care about rival companies because it's still money.
>>
>>80368239
Explain BVS trailer in Start Wars : TFA then?
>>
>>80368239

The studio can usually decide to attach two trailers, in BvS case it will be prolly Suicide Squad or WW and Fantastic Beasts.
The other trailers are decided by the theater, the studio has no control about it.
>>
Playing tons of trailers for a movie that isn't out yet is kind of dumb. You're telling people about a product that's not even available yet. You want to do the majority of the advertising once it's actually in theaters.

>>80368239
In movies, they're not rivals. The success of their movies doesn't effect the sales of the others' movies. BvS and Civil War are a slightly different story because they're releasing while the other is still in theaters, but generally they have no reason to want the others' movies to fail.

It's why the console warz thing is so fucking stupid, even the companies don't care which one you prefer, as long as you see their movie they couldn't give a fuck if you see the other one.
>>
Getting kind of bored of these superhero movies. Not a big comic book fan either so I don't know how on earth does Captain America have a chance against Iron Man? From what I've seen so far from the movies C. America is just stronger than the average human but Stark has suits as strong as a Norse God ad Hulk.

How is this fair? Will they nerf Iron Man?
>>
>>80367904
They learned from the BvS trailer not to spoil too much
>>
>>80367904
first trailer already spoiled half the movie
what more do you want?
>>
File: Jonah.jpg (94 KB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
Jonah.jpg
94 KB, 400x250
>>80368744
>what more do you want?

FUCKING

SPIDER

FUCKING

MAN

MAN
>>
>>80368239
>Can they attach it if they're a rival company?

Kimmel just yesterday promoted BvS and the channel he's on is owned by Disney, console wars on /co/ and /tv/ do not represent how these companies work
>>
>>80367904

They know 2016 is DC's year, so why bother?
>>
>>80368744
Cap dies at the end
But every geek already knows this from the comics.
>>
>>80368538
They can send out (traditionally speaking, these would be attached to the same roll of film, but today they're just files sent out by the same digital distribution) whatever trailers they want in the hope that theaters will show them, but whether they get shown or not is the theater's/chain's decision. If they can get more money from another company, they will - that's just business.

Part of the reason the last X-Men movie was trailed after the last Amazing Spider-Man was that FOX were determined to get their trailer shown with what was, even in decline, a much bigger rival franchise, and that appears to have paid off.
>>
>>80368788
I feel like I'm the only one that doesn't give a shit about Spider-Man in this. He feels so shoved in
>>
>>80368643
>The success of their movies doesn't effect the sales of the others' movies.

It absolutely does, which is why BvS was moved from the CW date it originally had.
>>
>>80367904
What is happening is that they are not revealing the whole stories before it comes out.
>>
>>80368833
Pretty much. I get why they did it, but it's not something I'm hyped for.

>>80368828
>implying they care about the comics
>implying Iron Man lives
>>
>>80368833

I would rather have the "shoved in" character be Spider-Man instead of some OC like Coulson or Jane Foster's best friend, Tits McGee, or Tits McGee's boyfriend, or female korean scientist
>>
File: 6nzYzZ6.gif (146 KB, 400x324) Image search: [Google]
6nzYzZ6.gif
146 KB, 400x324
>>80367904

>8 more weeks until release, and we've basically seen nothing.

THIS IS A GOOD THING
>>
Why are you even complaining about this? Isn't it good that they aren't shoving a bunch of stuff?

Less is more and all that?
>>
>>80367904
>oh please mister hollywood man i want to see the movie naow
>>
>>80368890
I think that Helen Cho is about as close to Amadeus as you're going to get. The fact that she is used to Banner's Lab probably means that she's genderbent Amadeus Cho, like Jeri Hogarth and the Ancient One. Or the fact that Hope is the de facto Wasp, as far as the movies are concerned.
>>
>>80368930

Actually its poor advertisement
>>
>>80369094
It's more likely that Helen is Amadeus' mom.
>>
>>80369121
Buy five seats then.
>>
>>80368861
Which is why I said "BvS and Civil War are a different story"
>>
>>80369142
Yeah, but if he doesn't show up (these movies will eventually stop), and until further re-writing, she'll be the functional Cho of the universe, aka, one of the smartest people on the planet that nobody really cares all that much for.
>>
File: 1428437096302s.jpg (4 KB, 250x186) Image search: [Google]
1428437096302s.jpg
4 KB, 250x186
>>80369121
>I want the move spoiled for me now so i have 8 weeks to piece together all the footage and form unfounded shitty opinions to start my troll threads from.
>>
I'm actually glad we haven't seen much. I'm extremely hyped for BvS because not only will we get to see BvS and Batfleck in all his glory, after BvS comes out, we've all got a one-way ticket to Civil War Town.

My body is ready for this movie and Phase Three as a whole.
>>
>>80367904
You're already hyped enough to want more, why should they bother? The ad campaigns have done their job
>>
>>80368023
It's kind of a good way to go about it, thinking on it.
Seeing a good trailer gets me hyped, but it can die down when I see that the movie comes out in time for my funeral. Finding out a good movie that I'm hyped about is coming out that soon would probably get me to see it.
>>
>>80367904
That's because Marvel knows its not a piece of shit so they don't have to ram advertising and trailers down our throat to get us to go see it. If you're trying to sell a steamy pile of shit to someone you have to go all out with the ads and do whatever you can to get people interested in it. Trying to sell a nice piece of pie you just crack open the window so people get a scent and watch em walk right up
>>
>>80369917
Yeah, big franchise blockbusters are already sold. The people that are going to see captain america 3 don't need a lot of footage to go see it. You already have the establishing shot of the teams.

Newer and riskier movies need it to draw people in. This and BvS only really need one trailer and a bunch of reminder TV-spots. Like Star Wars did.
>>
>>80367904
A better question is hats going on with the Female Ghostbusters? At least CACW and BvS actually had trailers release awhile back. Female Ghostbusters hasn't had a trailer for YEARS despite being in development. They only recently released a commercial for the upcoming trailer.
>>
>>80367904
I'm actually quite happy with this. A lot of it will be a surprise, and from the looks of it, Spidey won't be revealed until after the film comes out.

This is one of those movies that I don't want to be totally spoiled on. Whoever managed to keep Star Wars under wraps must have been brought over to help Marvel with this, cause we didn't know about Luke until a few weeks before the release, and I got a feeling Spidey won't leak until then either, if at all.
>>
>>80370474
They made a mistake turning that into a reboot. Don't care that they are women, but it feels like it's going to be a retread.
>>
>>80371080
I don't care that it's all women, it's just that's the gimmick. That's all the marketing and announcement so far. No 'modern' ghostbusters, not ghostbusters in space, but ghostbusterettes, now with tits®!

Too statement-y and not enough good movie-y.
>>
>>80368493
Also, The Dark Knight Rises with The Avengers.
>>
>>80370474
My guess would be that they don't know how to market it. Is it comedy? Is it action? Should we focus on the vagina power? Would that make the male audience/nostalgiafags mad? Would not focusing on vagina power make feminists mad instead?
I mean, that fucking teaser, it was so uninspiredly serious-toned, only showing police and military with the usual PUAAAAAAAAAAWWWW Inception noise

Either that or some Fant4stic shit is going on, where the producers aren't really happy with how the movie is turning out and don't know what to do with it

But it's all speculation, really
>>
File: scarlet_waifu.jpg (101 KB, 604x601) Image search: [Google]
scarlet_waifu.jpg
101 KB, 604x601
Easy fellas. It's getting there.
>>
>>80368239
BvS was attached to Deadpool, either they don't care or the theaters control the trailers I guess.
>>
>>80371495
Fucking nice.

I love her new costume.
>>
Why doesn't everything just fucking debut on the same damn day.

Captain America civil war opens in the uk almost a week before it opens in the us.
>>
>>80367904
They're waiting for BvS to finish blowing its load, then they're gonna go wild.
>>
>>80367904
They honestly built no hype compared to BvS which aside from the doomsday trailer stumble has brought forth enough hype that sales projections are pretty high

Civil War on the other hand had an amazing first trailer and showed slightly altered versions of it every time. It's boring at this point.

If they want to recapture any hype and have a chance at beating BvS they need to show Spider-Man.
>>
Starting get worried this movie may be a clusterfuck. Not much has been shown and the little has been shown has been bland. To many characters and plots to cram in a movie let alone a trailer.
>>
>>80370474
>A better question is hats going on with the Female Ghostbusters?
Literally no one cares

I don't mean that as an insult to you, I'm saying nobody gives a fuck about it and because of that they have no idea how to sell it to people
>>
>>80372239
>>80372412
Do you guys forget how the month before these movies there's like a huge marketing push? It happened with GOTG and Ant-Man

I am legit shocked that people are complaining about not being shown enough
>>
>>80372475
>I am legit shocked that people are complaining
kek
>>
If this movie is anything like age of ultron I'm going to have to skip it. AoU was such a let down.
>>
>>80367904
See one MCU movie you seen them all, nothing different about them. I guess Guardians is the exception. Very little interest in this movie. Especially knowing hulk is not in it. Fuck that
>>
Dead movie is dead
>>
>>80367904
They realized they don't need advertising.
>>
>>80371495
I wish I could draw.
>>
>>80372768
Actually there's a rumour Hulk could be in the movie. Some guy that wrote an article about the movie (can't remember who) namedropped Ruffalo when praising the performances, and those Coca-cola cans they made for the movie also have Hulk among the other characters (although to be fair others like Scarlet Witch are missing so they could just be random). Some theorized it could be about an after-credits scene to enstablish Hulk going into space so his presence in Ragnarok could make more sense
>>
>>80368828
>>80368833
>talking with coworker about this
>he says "I hear they're gonna kill somebody in this one"
>"I wonder if it'll be Spider-Man, they showed a shot of him all beat up and mangled"
Yes, I'm sure they'll kill off the character they're hyped to get back in his first in-universe appearance and not the guy whose death actually made Civil War memorable in the first place.
This guy typically knows his shit, so I was even more incredulous than if a casual had said it.
>>
reboot when?
>>
>>80374379
Well, gotta make room for the fan-favourite spider-character, Miles Morales!
>>
>>80374447
Honestly, I wouldn't mind that just because I'm tired of watching Ben die for the nth time, but damn that would be a clumsy way of doing it.
He'd have no legacy worth picking up and they might as well have started with Miles in the first place.

But I do think MM would gel well with the MCU.
>>
>>80374497
Miles Morales should disappear

I'm not the kind of guy that gets mad about legacy characters, they're standard and can be done right, but in all these years i still see no reason for Miles to exist other than "muh black people" and because Bendis is somehow still relevant
>>
>>80374497
Feige already said that Spiderman is already a stablished superhero, and he's sort of a urban legend in New York, and that the Spiderman movie wouldn't be an origin movie.
>>
>>80374598
so where was he during all the destruction in Avengers?
>>
>>80374725
Feige said that seeing them on TV saving the city inspired him to eventually make use of his powers.
>>
>>80374725
Junior high? There's a significant time skip between Avengers and AoU.
>>
>>80374379
>beat up and mangled
oh, they are doing that scene.
>>
>>80374565
I agree he hasn't been used well, but he has potential in my opinion, potential the MCU could very well capitalize on.

>>80374598
In that case I'm tired of the Flash Thompson/MJ/gee it sucks being a nerd paradigm all over again. Frankly, I'll probably still watch another Parker movie just because I'm a big sucker, but it'd be nice to see a change.

>>80374725
Helping people maybe?
>>
>>80374768
makes sense, he is a lot younger this time around right?
>>
>>80374766
Haha, good one.
>>
>>80374725
He's had his powers for six months to a year.
>>
>>80368657
>Getting kind of bored of these superhero movies. Not a big comic book fan either
So fuck off to /sug/ or /svtfoe/ or whereever the fuck you cartoon cancers like to shitpost.
>>
>>80371495
Cute.
>>
>>80374820
What scene?
>>
I kind of admire that Marvel is playing this one close to their chests. I mean, this is supposed to be their big film this year, and they haven't been showing it to you over and over. I got kind of tired of all the BvS stuff happening weekly over a 3 year period.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.