[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinions on XKCD?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8
File: xkcd.png (15 KB, 592x330) Image search: [Google]
xkcd.png
15 KB, 592x330
Opinions on XKCD?
>>
it's trash

the earlier comics were okay i guess
>>
I read it every update even though I'm pretty sure I've hated it for years now. What If is pretty good though.
>>
NASA BOY
NASA BOY
NASA BOY
NASA BOY
Only worked 6 months at NASA
>>
http://xkcdsucks.blogspot.com/

>http://xkcd.com/746/
all you need to know
>>
>>80365877
http://www.isxkcdshittytoday.com/
>>
File: xkcd.jpg (338 KB, 900x1050) Image search: [Google]
xkcd.jpg
338 KB, 900x1050
>>80365877
>>
>>80365877
It's mildly funny and somewhat intelligent. In other words, xkcd is one of the best web comics of all time.
>>
>>80365877
Some strips are good. Some are boring. Some pretentious.

It's ok overall.
>>
>>80365877
pretty great whenever his fedora's off. which is the vast majority of the time. What If is usually awesome except when it's total nonsense. i certainly don't appreciate him indoctrinating kids with Common Era, let alone failing to take evaporation into account with filling a swimming pool with spit
>>
>>80366142
/thread
>>
>>80366939

Common Era is the most accurate way though.
>>
He tips his fedora so hard I think his scalp's red.
>>
>>80367577
Didn't his stick figure actually have a fedora before he caught on to the meme?
>>
File: wording.png (52 KB, 533x735) Image search: [Google]
wording.png
52 KB, 533x735
>>80367577
>>
>>80365877
i don't like it
i particularly don't like how normalfags use it in online arguments (especially as the comic generally isn't applicable in the given situation)
>>
File: it's not an edit.png (145 KB, 773x709) Image search: [Google]
it's not an edit.png
145 KB, 773x709
>>
File: a_bunch_of_rocks.png (199 KB, 675x1603) Image search: [Google]
a_bunch_of_rocks.png
199 KB, 675x1603
I was a freshman physics major when I first discovered it so I liked it a lot.
>>
Not nearly as bad as /co/ thinks it is. If you stop thinking of the web comic as a blatant comedy oriented comic and something more of a observational humor comic, it's a lot more enjoyable.

It also has a lot of cool concepts like that one time he created a giant panel to explore.
>>
He and the guy who makes The Oatmeal should fuck each other already and get it over with.
>>
>>80370270
I think in terms of interesting content, XKCD is way way better than The Oatmeal even if their subject matter is often the same
>>
>>80370178
That's actually pretty funny.
And now I'm upset with myself because I smiled at it, THANKS ANON.
>>
>>80370178
Isn't acting smug half the punchlines to this comic?
>>
Doesn't deserve the hate it gets, but it has tried my patience on occasion.

Particularly the one that ends in "There's the door."
>>
>>80370243

Go home Randall.
>>
>>80370354
It's about a smug person telling someone to not be smug
>>
its not even a webcomic, its like the thought of the day that pops up in shitty websites that think too high of themselves, it even carrys the same level of smugness
if you want actual smart and commentary in a comic go read dilbert
>>
Hit and miss, with generally more misses than hits. It would probably be much improved without a set m/w/f schedule, since it feels like he isn't very good at consistently figuring out 3 punchlines in a week.

Then again, some are really funny, some are really good/interesting without being funny, and the What If? blog thing is much more consistently entertaining.

I do feel like it gets shit on more than it deserves, probably because the comics that don't work frequently fail for being more than just a bad joke (smugness is a common culprit).
>>
>>80365877
it's terrible and so is anyone who likes it.
>>
>>80365877
It isn't good. People just read it because it updates regularly.
>>
It's okay. A bunch of bad comics, some decent ones, same as every webcomic. I can't hold the comic itself accountable for the terrible "I fucking love science", "if only everyone was as smart as us nerds" fanbase it has
>>
File: diacritics.png (29 KB, 261x243) Image search: [Google]
diacritics.png
29 KB, 261x243
This is XCKD's latest humour-based comic (I have no idea what the parallel duo one is meant to be about, and the pipe size stuff is basically wasted time).

Now look at this comic, and ask yourself:

Is it actually funny, in any conceivable way?
>>
It has some good points now and then, but it bleeds that redditish arrogance
>>
>>80365877
My brother has always liked the smell of his own farts, corrects people's grammar, and browse reddit.
This is his favorite webcomic. It's also reddit's favorite webcomic. I don't know if there is a correlation between that but it's an interesting thought.
>>
>>80370318
>>80370270
>The Oatmeal
Even shitty stick figures for everything is better than the hideous faces in The Oatmeal.
>>
>>80366939
Fedora guy and regular guy are different guys
>>
>>80371287
the parallel duo one has him swap famous pairs and the joke is imagining how wacky they'd be with these new pairings

also if i'm being completely objective that is funny in a conceivable way it's just really dry
>>
File: 1456090251456.jpg (25 KB, 470x599) Image search: [Google]
1456090251456.jpg
25 KB, 470x599
>>80372066
I'm not that other anon but thanks for clearing it up. I honestly thought fedora guy was his self insert, using the hat to distinguish himself
>>
File: ASDF - xkcd parody.jpg (103 KB, 674x789) Image search: [Google]
ASDF - xkcd parody.jpg
103 KB, 674x789
I hate it because it has characters insult others for being pretentious while being incredibly pretentious itself.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.