[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the Luke Cage Netflix shown will be a serious drama >we
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: Luke-Cage-Hero-For-Hire-11.jpg (80 KB, 400x602) Image search: [Google]
Luke-Cage-Hero-For-Hire-11.jpg
80 KB, 400x602
>the Luke Cage Netflix shown will be a serious drama
>we will never get a Luke Cage 70s Kung-Fu blaxploitation detective show

This is the worst timeline
>>
>Black Dynamite style Luke Cage series.
Muh dick
Muh big black dick
>>
If Bendis claim to love Luke Cage so much, why did he make him into a completely different character?
>>
>>80364391
because we always hurt the ones we love...
>>
>>80364341
>This is the worst timeline
No it's not.
It could be much, much worse.
>>
File: cage.jpg (65 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
cage.jpg
65 KB, 720x405
We might be getting Genndy's lost Luke Cage series eventually. That looks like it will definitely be 70's inspired.
>>
>>80364391
The same reason every character changes.
>>
>>80364556
Genndy is washed up. He's from an era when directors had some control over their cartoons, now the producers and the tumblrites have the creative control.
>>
>>80364677
You're exaggerating, there's plenty of cartoons where the director has control.
>>
>>80364677
god shut the fuck up
>>
so am I crazy for thinking it can be both
>>
>>80364819
No. People have memed the idea that "blaxploitation" was just meant to be comedic shit. The best ones are serious crime movies with the funky style as a cherry on top.
>>
>>80364341
>the Luke Cage Netflix shown will be a serious drama
Source?
>>
The closest we'll probably come is a "retro" episode or sequence that would involve something like Luke infiltrating "70s Night" at a criminal club.
>>
>>80364341
>>the Luke Cage Netflix shown will be a serious drama

What the raw blue fuck.
>>
>>80364677
>the tumblrites have the creative control

Oh for fuck's sake.
>>
Seriously, Luke belongs to the funkified tie-dyed polyester bell-bottomed platform-shoe-wearing 70s. You can do "serious drama" in that setting, as long as the writers, actors, and directors play it straight, as opposed to a Keenen Ivory Wayans hamfisted satire.
>>
>>80366959
What else could it possibly be? Plus, Mr Colter was not here for 'Jive talk'.
>>
File: white kid.jpg (26 KB, 666x360) Image search: [Google]
white kid.jpg
26 KB, 666x360
Luke Cage's fandom is mainly white, right?
>>
>>80367337
Why do you think Marvel keeps changing the race and sex of main chars like Spider-Man or Thor instead of creating new characters?

Because minorities and women like normie-tier shit, not obscure characters who are like them or appeal to them. The only difference is this asian dude that I know who is a big Iron Fist fan.
>>
>>80367337
Comic fandom is mainly white.
>>
>>80367337
If they weren't white, they wouldn't want their favorite black character to be a complete joke.
>>
>>80368233
The idea with Luke Cage was to attract ghetto kids to comics. Nevertheless, Luke Cage made an impact mainly among suburban white kids wanting to live in da hood
>>
>>80370138
Luke Cage was not about da hood, it was about wild adventures and great
Captain America and the Falcon was about da hood and not very good
>>
>>80370285
I enjoyed it. Had a very apt message about the idiocy of extremist liberation movements.
>>
>>80364391
Because Bendis has never written anything remotely good since Ultimate Spiderman and Alias.
>>
>>80370285
Luke Cage was the 70s in comic form
>>
File: superman look.jpg (375 KB, 925x1388) Image search: [Google]
superman look.jpg
375 KB, 925x1388
>>80364653
>>
>>80373707
Superman is now wearing Superboy's post-90s costume?
>>
>>80373707
But it was Morrison that have him the T-Shirt and jeans look. An less it was an editorial mandate, but I highly doubt that.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.