[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What /co/ character has the most complicated origin story?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1083x1649) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1083x1649
What /co/ character has the most complicated origin story?
>>
>>80340854
Gotta go with Hawkman.
>>
>>80340883
Why?
What's his origin story?
>>
>>80340883
Yeah, he and Donna Troy.

Their fucked up origins are literally a big part of their characters, Donna especially.
>>
>>80340904
Well that depends on which Hawkman we're talking about.
>>
>>80340904
It alternates between being an alien cop and the reincarnation of ancient Egyptian. Sometimes he's both
>>
File: the hill.jpg (27 KB, 570x238) Image search: [Google]
the hill.jpg
27 KB, 570x238
>>80340854
Rob 'Box-Body' Liefield!
>>
>>80340854
cable isnt a bad choice but for sheer time fuckery

any one who only exist in the age of apocalypse like apocalypse's son.

in order for them to exist xaviers son has to go back in time to kill magneto but fail and kill xavier changing the time line
>>
>>80341049
still hard to believe there was a time when Liefeld's work was considered acceptable.
>>
>>80341154
>was considered acceptable.
You mean in demand
>>
>>80340883
>>80340973
These.
>>
>>80340854
Just logistically, shouldn't Hope then have a more complicated origin stort, as her origin story builds on top of not just Cable's origin stort, but also Bishop's, and House of M (which of course is dependent on the complicated stort of the Scarlett Witch)?
>>
>>80341278
How did I mistype story three times? Fuck me.
>>
>>80340854
I'm hoping the Deadpool movies cut a lot of the weight and just leave it at "mutant from the future."
>>
>>80340904
Does someone have the screencap?
>>
>>80341327
Or they can make a joke about home complicated it is.
>>
>>80340854
Hawkman. This is not even open to debate.
>>
>>80340904
That's what DC wants to know.
>>
>>80340883
Was gonna say "inb4 Hawkman" but he is of course the first reply.
It's basically a meme at this point.
>>
Amalgam Cable and Hawkman together and come up with an origin.
>>
>>80342089
Would still be less convoluted than actual regular Hawkman's origin.
>>
>>80341665
Thank you
>>
>>80340854
The Wall
>>
File: Lord English.png (6 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
Lord English.png
6 KB, 500x450
/co/ whether you like it or not
>>
File: Nate Grey.jpg (54 KB, 391x623) Image search: [Google]
Nate Grey.jpg
54 KB, 391x623
>>80340854
Nate Gray(X-Man), because his whole existence hinges on you knowing who Cable is, an understanding what the Age of Apocalypse was.
>X-Man is an alternate version of the regular Marvel Universe hero Cable, hailing from the "Age of Apocalypse" (Earth-295) reality. He is the biological son of his dimension’s Scott Summers and Jean Grey, born of genetic tampering by Mr. Sinister. His first name is derived from his creator; Mr Sinister's real name: Nathaniel Essex, and his last name from his genetic mother Jean Grey.[1] Due to not being infected by a techno-organic virus as Cable was, X-Man achieved vast telepathic and telekinetic powers (reflecting those that Cable would have had without the virus) and was one of the most powerful mutants in existence during his lifetime.
>>
Starhawk is one of my favorite Marvel heroes simply because I cannot keep straight exactly what his deal is. He's a surprise reveal every time I read him.

So from what I can recall, he and his sister are Arcturans, I think he was adopted, they were both mutants I think, and somehow or other they wound up in the temple of the Hawk God who fused them together into Starhawk.

Starhawk is the avatar of the Hawk God and has rather vaguely defined light control powers and can shoot lasers, fly at light speed, create hard light constructs, and turn himself into hard light strong enough to fight evenly with Thor. They could separate into themselves and sometimes fuse together differently so that Starhawk was female.

His major claim to fame was that he apparently kept reincarnating and living his life over and over, so he knew how events would play out and would just tell people, "Trust the word of one who knows." He was also a huge ass about this.

Then he and his sister separated and she had some kids but somehow he caused their deaths and then merged with her again to be Starhawk and basically kept her prisoner for some time, then she took over and started banging Vance Astro just to spite her brother. Then he came back and turned evil, or else he separated himself from her and without her he turned evil, or something.

I have no idea what happened to them or if Starhawk is still around but damn, I need a chart of some kind.
>>
>>80340854
I think that Longshot's time-travel origin is worse rhan Cable's.
>>
>>80342089
Future savior child Carter Summers was born with a unique mutation: every time he's killed, his soul reincarnates backwards in time. Each version of him further in the past fights a younger version of his arch nemesis, Vandal Apocalypse.
>>
>>80346190
>reincarnates backwards in time
you struck convolution gold there.
>>
Thanos
You're going to sound dumb explaining him
>>
File: fucked up story.jpg (230 KB, 950x1454) Image search: [Google]
fucked up story.jpg
230 KB, 950x1454
>>80346045
>I think that Longshot's time-travel origin is worse rhan Cable's.

There's just one single stupid twist in Longshots origin (he is, like, the son of his own clone or so).

Cable's story is a loooong series of insanity.
>>
>>80341665
What the actual fuck?
>>
>>80346423
That's 60 years worth of writers reinventing the wheel, my friend.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.