[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Wanted to join the army as a soldier >Didn't even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7
File: 1.jpg (37 KB, 940x626) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
37 KB, 940x626
>Wanted to join the army as a soldier

>Didn't even bulk up or train and had to be given a super soldier serum
Why do people respect this lazy slob?
>>
Heart, Osborne.
>>
>>80340296
The guy jumped on a grenade, what more do you fucking want?
>>
Steroids are the true American way.
>>
>>80340348
A lot of soldiers would do that irl
>>
>>80340382
And if any other one did it before Steve they might have become Captain America.
>>
>>80340296
2 razors out of 10
>>
File: SuperiorCaptainAmerica.jpg (37 KB, 293x500) Image search: [Google]
SuperiorCaptainAmerica.jpg
37 KB, 293x500
>>80340348
A real hero deserving of our respect.
>>
It was the 40's and it was DURING World War Fucking II.
Bulking would take time and he wanted to be helping his country in the now on top of military training not being as precise/rigorous as it is today.
>>80340382
I highly doubt that Sanchez or Jones in the USMC reserves gives enough of a shit about his squad to jump on a grenade.
>>
File: 1.jpg (226 KB, 900x1391) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
226 KB, 900x1391
Slades origin is even more heroic
>>
>>80340296
>Didn't even bulk up or train and had to be given a super soldier serum
>Why do people respect this lazy slob?
you suddenly realize Captain America is a metaphor for white privilege and imperialism.
>earns nothing
>expects everything
>takes everything
>self-righteous gullible patriot
>expects US to be worshiped
MCU Cap has been making fun of Americans the whole time
>>
>>80340296
If you knew jack shit about fucking anything in your life, you'd know that he literally couldn't bulk up, despite trying. He was in such poor health that the only way to be well again was to be pumped full of Super-Serums. You fucking idiot. You caveman.
>>
>>80340503
Yeah, kids. Just juice up. That's how you become a hero. Fuck yeah. America, Eagles and shit. Fuck yeah, man.

Cap is a terrible hero.
>>
>>80340296
>bulk up

>Spend years of my life honing myself into massive musclebeast in preparation of joining the army
>fall out halfway though a ruck march because cardio is what is really needed in the army
>>
Steve had legit medical conditions, I wouldn't be surprised if he DID try to bulk up and get fit. The issue was he was even in doing so he was still Military inadequate.
>>
>>80340296
Because he had polio.
>>
>>80340503
>Poor health

>I should join the Army!

He also joined to kill people
>>
>>80340296
As always, OP is a faggot.
>>
Why didn't he study hard to become a Manhattan Project scientist then? There are other ways to help the country other than shooting at nazis.
>>
>>80340671
No, he didn't.
>>
>>80340503
>>80340493
>>80340634

What medical problems faggot?
Why didn't rationing and health stop other soldiers?
>>
>>80340296
He has a big heart.
>>
File: 2059186-protocide4.png (2 MB, 700x976) Image search: [Google]
2059186-protocide4.png
2 MB, 700x976
>>80340419
>>
>>80340852
>What medical problems faggot?
being a skinny white beta cuck
>>
>>80340382
>A lot of soldiers would do that irl

No they wouldn't. Most soldiers are assholes. They were assholes before the service, and are even bigger assholes after completing it.

Seriously, I've known guys who enlisted and came out worse people than they were beforehand. They come out with heightened egos, thinking they are owed everything. And it doesn't help that they're trained to kill people as opposed to just beating folks like they use to.
>>
>>80341003
seriously this.

that's why i don't feel bad when they end up homeless.
>>
>>80340852
They did, Steve was classified as an invalid he was so shit.
>>
>>80341003
unfortunately this has been my experience as well. They were good people who came out jaded and quick to snap. And really just outright meaner.
>>
Anyone know guys that went into the army and got this ridiculous superiority complex where all they talk about is how much of a hero they are and they like army meme pages on Facebook and shit?
>>
>>80341355
>unfortunately this has been my experience as well. They were good people who came out jaded

If they were good people beforehand then it kinda isn't.

I'm talking about people who intolerable shits, and then the army, navy, marines, ect enabled them to be worse. Not because of some PTSD horseshit.
>>
>>80341479
Well it's the same in that the person becomes worse for it. My people became like the people you knew before they went in.
>>
>>80340382
But Steve did it because he had a death wish.
>>
>>80340296
It's nice that he wanted to help and admirable that he wouldn't give up, but did he never stop to consider that he would be putting himself and possibly others in danger due to his physical limitations?

By all accounts, he was not physically able to perform at the same level as normal soldiers and had numerous health problems, including asthma, that would cause him problems on the battlefield.

If not for the serum, he would've likely been KIA and possibly caused the deaths of others as they tried to protect or carry him out of the war zone. Not to mention he likely wouldn't have even killed a single enemy soldier, and thus accomplished nothing.

All in all, I can't fault Steve for wanting to help but at some point you have to ask yourself, "Am I really going to help anything?"
>>
File: 1455945395469.jpg (252 KB, 1000x1566) Image search: [Google]
1455945395469.jpg
252 KB, 1000x1566
>signed up to fight nazi scum
>heart of gold
>would kill self to save others
>got big in an experiment because otherwise physically incapable
>first thing he uses his newfound strength for is to prevent baddies from using the serum
>becomes a living paragon of liberty
>best friend dies
>alcoholic dad dies
>mom dies
>cap frozen, thawed decades later STILL fighting for freedom
>doesnt hide behind a mask, identity well known
>shield is to protect and serve
>gun is for the ladies

If you dont like the cap then you can go FREEDOM yourself, bud.
>>
>>80345139
That's what they said about Audie Murphy, son, and he wound up with the Medal of Honor, the Silver Star, Distinguished Service Cross, Legion of Merit, three Purple Hearts, and the French Legion of Honor.
>>
File: SteveRogers.jpg (194 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
SteveRogers.jpg
194 KB, 960x1280
>>80340645
And other awful shit, how wasn't he dead?
>>
>>80345139
Of it wasn't for the serum he would have been turned away permanently or given a position doing something else.

Steve just wanted to help, if he had helped in a significant way without doing combat he would have been fine with that, he just wanted to prove himself in bootcamp and they let him do that and without the serum he proved he could keep up even if it wasn't as best as the other guys.

Plus he showed he was smarter too so he could have ended being the guy who planned shit out even if he didn’t exactly fought in the frontlines.
>>
>>80346650
So pre-serum Steve is basically a younger RDJ?
>>
>>80340852
See >>80346650
>>
>>80346650
Steve is like a shonen protagonist in that he's got DETERMINATION and HEART so strong that he defies petty stuff that would make most people go, "Oh shit I'm literally dying."
>>
>>80346650
>100-yard dash 9.38s

Tch, while you were taking an ice-nap, we shattered that world record! Lazy ass.
>>
>>80341003
>And it doesn't help that they're trained to kill people as opposed to just beating folks like they use to.

....What time period are you thinking of where soldiers didn't kill people?
>>
>>80346843
Usain Bolt's record is 9.58. Cap is faster.
>>
>>80340499
other people made his muscles for him, all he had to do was sit down and wait
>>
>>80347082
He's saying that the people in question used to just beat people prior to joining the army.
Then the army trained them to kill.
>>
>>80347155
That's for 100 METERS, mathemagician.
>>
>>80345139
>It's nice that he wanted to help and admirable that he wouldn't give up, but did he never stop to consider that he would be putting himself and possibly others in danger due to his physical limitations?
World War II was some serious shit, man. There were tons of people who wanted desperately to help in any way they could.

Hell, my own great-grandfather was a WWI veteran and then lied about his age just so he could fight in WWII.
>>
>>80347338
Same. His bones are lying somewhere at the bottom of the Pacific.

Keep in mind, lying about your age to enlist was so common back then that it's now Bucky's 616 backstory.
>>
>>80347272
dude, a meter is only slightly longer than a yard. a meter is roughly 3.2 feet while a yard is precisely 3 feet.
>>
>>80347423
100 yards is 91.44 meters. Doing that in 9.38s means Caps pulling around 9.75 m/s. Bolt did 100m in 9.58s, for 10.44 m/s.
Bolt is faster.
>>
>>80346650
>Bench Press: 30 lbs
surely this isn't right. How could he even move around?

I know a guy who's literally so skinny his wrist is as thin as two of my (admittedly sausagelike) fingers and even he can manage 75 lbs.
>>
>>80347505
They probably did this calculation and decided "peak human" meant "contending with the world's fastest man, but maybe not quite exceeding."

>>80347580
The scoliosis probably kept him from lifting more than that without pain... still, seems a little light.
>>
>>80346650
It's important to note that even one of these things could have got him listed as 4F, and therefore unfit to serve.

Pre-Serum Steve isn't just 'You're just below the line of tolerance'. He's 'Oh god, what are you even doing in this office? Put your shirt back on, I'm afraid you might literally get pneumonia from that slight breeze and die, you weakling!'

Sending Rogers to even a fairly cushy job helping out way way way in the back would have still killed him in a week, just from how frail he was.
>>80347580
This will sound fairly stupid, but physical strength isn't the only factor there. I mean, 30 pounds is...well, fairly light, but I could imagine it. But in addition to being a weakling, he's got all the other ailments, which would leave him breathless and even weaker than your friend. Kinda hard to lift 75 lbs when your heart starts freaking out well before that.
>>
>>80347611
>contending with the world's fastest man
Honestly, even if he's not as fast I'd still give the edge to Cap. Sprinters train for an exact distance, and their speed falls of pretty sharply any point past that. Cap on the other hand has like, basically limitless endurance.

Not to take anything away from Bolt. Being able to outpace a superhero is pretty legit
>>
>>80347768
Indeedy, and I mean, being the fastest man is cool, but being the almost-fastest man AND able to throw an indestructible shield hyper-accurately AND being an extraordinary martial artist AND acrobat is more impressive.
>>
>>80347768
>Cap on the other hand has like, basically limitless endurance.

where did you got that? he gets tired at a slower rate, but he does get tired.
>>
>>80347768
>>80347611
Cap would have been the fastest man alive for the time period. 9.4 was the world record in the 30's, and that wouldn't be beat until 48, so a few years after Cap took his nap.

So for the time, Cap would be the world record holder. While Bolt would beat him out if they were to be compared straight up, remember that training and such has improved since then.

That, and unlike Usain Bolt, Cap doesn't actually train to be faster. That's just his peak speed after the serum. Imagine how fast he could be if he followed a strict routine, and devoted himself to smashing world records.
>>
>>80348085
He's too busy punching fascists for that, and America thanks him for it.
>>
>>80348144
Ohh the American pretty boy cannot throw the shotput as far as the average German? Is he too afraid to even show his face at our glorious games?

This is why the Aryan people are the true Master Race!
>>
>>80348245
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6sWmBh3jzI
>>
>>80348085
>peak speed after the serum imagine how fast he could be if he followed a strict routine
Now I keep imagining Cap almost smashing a bunch of world records with pansy form.
>>80347939
I guess basically sprinting for an hour straight and wasn't even tired in his morning workout.
>>
>>80348499
>Cap lifts with his back
>Still is crowned Mr Universe
>Destroys all run times while hopping
>Smashes swim times, despite doing doggy paddle
>>
>>80348587
I think it's not too secret that he's used a performance-enhancing drug.
>>
>>80348499
>I guess basically sprinting for an hour straight and wasn't even tired in his morning workout.

One hour? He can do that for an entire day and still be fine to fight batroc, just like any other peak human.

Cap doesnt suffer from FATIGUE. That's different than not getting tired. He gets tired, it just takes him waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer.
>>
>>80340671
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4C7IAmiUgs
you fucking what?
>>
>>80346650
Patriotism.
>>
>>80340499
>White privilege

Go back to Tumblr, you filthy Tumblie.
>>
>>80340671
He joined to fight bullies.
>>
>>80341003
it's like the BoJack episode summed this up perfectly
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.