[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT
>>
Some other folks might be a little bit smarter than I am
Bigger and stronger too
Maybe
But none of them
Will ever love you the way I do
It's me and you boy
>>
>pixar characters announcing movie made by pixar
woah what a fucking surprise
>>
>>80323207
Sure they can. It's not like the academy is rigged or anything.
>>
What happened?
>>
>>80323383
The Oscars aren't rigged, their just staggeringly incompetently run.
>>
Anybody have the pic of all the judges explaining that they voted for Frozen because it was the only movie they watched or because their kids liked it the most?

I feel like being infinitely mad.
>>
>>80325536
I think it was Big Hero 6 that had everyone voting because their kids liked it best.
>>
File: Oscars a shit.jpg (46 KB, 469x750) Image search: [Google]
Oscars a shit.jpg
46 KB, 469x750
>>80325536
>>80325615
>>
>still bitter about HTTYD2 not winning last year
>>
I just got here; who won, and why didn't "The Look of Silence" win Best Documentary?
>>
>>80325645
>the people who didn't watch all of them actually abstained like it would be fair to do

Is there more or is the whole situation just /co/ overreacting?
>>
>>80325645
Number one sounds like a fucking fun ruining faggot and a shitty father

Movie critics like that need to pull the fucking stick outta their asses, and their heads while their at it
>>
File: chinese things.png (71 KB, 766x428) Image search: [Google]
chinese things.png
71 KB, 766x428
>>80325733
This is just the tip of the iceberg.
>>
Like a horror fan needs more reasons to hate the academy
>>
>>80327179
See, now this is some shit I can get mad at
>>
>>80325645
Wait, so let me get this straight, Frozen won because of the mayority of votes were in blank because no one saw the animated films?

What kind of judges are that?
>>
>>80327179
must be paid by the word.
>>
>>80327179
This can't be real...I need a source. I don't want to believe such an ignorant cunt is making those kinds of decisions.
>>
>>80325615
It happened both years, and was equally upsetting.
>>
>>80325733
Overreacting a little, sure. But it is fucking stupid that four out of the seven votes couldn't be assed to actually watch the other nominations.
>>
>>80327179
To be fair they're right about The Lego Movie but not much beyond that.
>>
>>80325645
Why...why is the number one guy even a fucking judge? Was he forced into it? Does being an Oscar movie judge pay THAT much?
>>
>>80327179
Can we just...spam this to anyone who thinks the Oscars mean anything anymore ESPECIALLY in regards to Animated Feature? Like literally spam the shit out of THIS voter's blatant racist and ignorant as fuck statement

I've never wanted to strangle someone that wasn't a criminal more in my life.
>>
>>80325645
Is there any reason not to have different panels of critics specialized in each category? I mean, why aren't animation people judging this? Are these the same chucklefucks that judge sound mixing and other technical categories? How? They surely know nothing about it.
>>
>>80325645
>Won't even watch movies with his kid

What a shit
>>
>>80325695
>who won the Pixar Presents: Best Disney/Pixar Movie of the Year Award paid for and brought to you by the fine folks at Disney/Pixar
Who do you think?
>>
>>80323383
Not at all
They just don't care about animation, like most of the world
>>
File: 1451891091971.jpg (43 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1451891091971.jpg
43 KB, 500x500
>>80323207
Whatever. I'm just glad TFA didn't win any.
>>
>>80327765
Absolutely real, and the guy that said that is an Oscar nominee.

cartoonbrew dot com slash award-season-focus slash proof-that-oscar-voters-are-clueless-about-animation-109456
>>
>>80328072
People within the niche vote on the nominees, while the whole academy votes for the winner out of those nominees
So really getting on the list is the important part (not that oscars aren't archaic anyway)

>>80328102
You know the stereotype of the executive constantly on their phone ignoring their baby who is crawling into incoming traffic? It exists for a reason
>>
Pixar stealing the Oscar away is shitty but expected at this point.
The real crime is World of Tomorrow not getting Best Animated Short Film.
>>
>>80327374
>>80327967
>Frozen won because of the mayority of votes were in blank because no one saw the animated films?
>Does being an Oscar movie judge pay THAT much?
I'm not sure you understand how the academy Works. There are a fuckton of members. There isn't a small panel of judges. Those 5 people were 5 academy members who volunteered to have their responses published anonymously. What that tells you is that 5 people out of all the academy members, aren't that into animation, and just vote for Disney or Pixar, or ignore it. They're actors, directors, technical people, writers, most of them for live-action movies for adults, and they're being asked to judge children's cartoons. They do it with as little effort as they can.
>>
>>80329330

> Not having enough professionalism to at least watch all the entries to a specific catagory, even if they have no interest in it.

Even just that much would probably stop Disney getting horrifically unfair wins like this.
>>
The seemingly intentionally shitty animations they used came across as a very passive aggressive move.
>>
File: my joy.jpg (25 KB, 453x439) Image search: [Google]
my joy.jpg
25 KB, 453x439
>>80323207
ITT: Hipster tears
>>
It absolutely bizarre to see films like Persepolis being nominated in the same category as Surf's Up.
>>
>>80329559
Welcome to the real world where hacks get on top positions by having the right contacts and not merit.
>>
>>80329559
It's okay because literally nobody cares enough about animation anyway.
>>
Well, the only competition was.

>british kids shit. (who cares, its a fucking sheep)
>Chinese kids shit (who cares, its fucking japchina)
>BOO HOO IM SO DEEP (bullshit movie)
>BRAZILLIAN JUNK THATS HARDLY ANIMATED(LUL)
and finally
>one of the greatest animated films of the decade showing heartfelt emotions, a deep and heartwarming story, actually educational when it comes to understanding feelings (best film of the year, GTFO losers)
>>
>>80332011

That's the stupid thing about these threads. Arguably equal/better movies were getting snubbed for the past few years, but this year? No one's even arguing for the damn Kaufman film.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.