[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
VIXEN SPINOFF MAYBE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 7
http://www.themarysue.com/vixen-spinoff-or-legends/

>The CW has not ruled out bringing Vixen back for more live-action installments or even giving her her own show. “Hopefully that character is going to spin itself out, if not, it can join Legends,” CW President Mark Pedowitz told Entertainment Weekly.
>>
Well I thought it was cool...
>>
She's nice in small doses, but I don't know if she has the staying power for a solo series. Wouldn't mind seeing her on Legends.
>>
File: rogue.jpg (8 KB, 219x194) Image search: [Google]
rogue.jpg
8 KB, 219x194
>linking to The Mary Sue
>>
>>80311620
>themarysue

/co/mblr leave
>>
>>80312022
you fall for bait easily do you not
>>
>>80311620
>something might happen

Your shitty clickbait isn't newsworthy, OP.

It's also not about comics or cartoons.
>>
>>80312015
yeah i agree. i can't imagine a 20 episode season with Vixen as the lead, as much as I like her appearances so far.

It would be cool to see her and Constantine on Legends next season though.
>>
I guess something has to replace arrow after it's cancelled
>>
>>80312015
Yeah she basically has nothing to work with, unless they just use her for a show about DC's magic side or copy Animal Man.
>>
>>80312194
agreed.
>>
>Pedowitz
heehee
>>
If they do make a spinoff, I hope they cut her hair. Every fucking heroine in the CWverse has longhair. Just one short haired woman, please.
>>
Doesn't anybody care that she's supposed to use an african totem but the actress is more latino than black?
>>
>>80312697
>latino
wut

Her dad is literally from Nigeria.
>Her last name Echikunwoke means "leader of men" and Megalyn is the granddaughter of a Nigerian tribal leader of the Igbo, which technically makes her African royalty.
>>
Atom or Animal Man, preferably.

Since they've had actual solo comics.
>>
File: riley-throws-chair.gif (3 MB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
riley-throws-chair.gif
3 MB, 320x213
>>80312784
>>80312697
inb4 dark vs light black fight
>>
I dunno man
Some part of her acting was really cringy
>>
>>80311620
>The Mary Sue

You might of well gone to Infowars, they're just as retarded.
>>
I'd watch a Vixen series, that actress is hot and had some talent.
>>
>>80312078
She literally is a comics character with a cartoon.

>>80312272
Eh, they more or less copied Batman for GA.
>>
>>80312697
No, people are too busy giving the Hawkgirl actress hate on social media for being mixed race
>>
Half-related to this thread, but in the latest Arrow episode they mentioned Constantine was in Hell, did I miss an episode or something ?
>>
>>80312697
are you saying people who aren't black can't use magical african totems?
>>
>>80313298
Nope, it was more of the writers explaining why he couldn't show up again.
>>
>>80313583
Alright, I hope we'll see more of him
>>
>>80313267
Seriously?
>>
>>80313683
She started an internet brawl when she said she's proud of her European ancestors as much as her African ones.

The US has a weird "one drop" mentality on both sides.
>>
>>80311620
Only if Arrow gets cancelled.
>>
>>80313875
>Only if Arrow gets cancelled.
I'm fine with this. The less Felicity the better.

>>80313775
>The US has a weird "one drop" mentality on both sides.
Oh dear god, that stuff. I try to avoid that insanity any chance I can.
>>
>>80313200
It's literally a thread about live-action tv shows.
>>
Like other have already said, she seems like a better fit for legends seasons 2.

Roster thread?

>Vixen
>Constantine
>Killer Frost
>Huntress
>Arsenal
>Cupid
>Mr. Terrific
>>
>>80315607

That's a pretty fuckin' cool roster, senpai. I'd also include Bronze Tiger because why the hell not.
>>
>>80311620
>Spinoff with a actress that can't even be bothered to look like the character
>>
>on legends
LEGENDS S2 ROSTER WHO DO YOU WANT IN ADDITION TO RIP?

Blue Beetle
Booster Gold
Vixen
Constantine
Zatanna
Nightwing
Trajectory
>>
>>80315607
>Felicity
>Vixen
>Constantine
>Huntress
>Arsenal
>Cupid
>Mr. Terrific

also it should be renamed to Felicity! and the Legends of Tomorrow
>>
>>80315607
>>80315768
oh wait fuck you beat me to it
>>
>>80311620
>The Mary Sue
>>
>>80315607
I want a magic season before the DCEU embargoes the very idea of magical heroes or something

>Constantine
>Vixen
Allows for Animal Man to show up and train her or something, connection to the Red
>Solomon Grundy
Connection to the Black
>Mr Terrific
For science purposes and to get him away from Felicity
>Zatanna?
For lightheartedness

Swamp Thing is probably too expensive to do all the time, but it'd be great for the finale if they'd make Arcane the big bad who's causing problems with the Black, the Red, and the Green.
And surely Spectre and Fate can show up at some points, and they can easily bring back either of the Hawks by having them connected to the Black too. Hopefully they'd be better at acting this time.
>>
>>80312194
>It would be cool to see her and Constantine on Legends next season though.
>It's a "Constantine sells his soul to a demon for power but goes back in time and kills it" episode
>>
>>80315867
They don't have to time travel, though I do like that about this show. It could just be a rotating ensemble; a proper magic heavy season could jumpstart a Vixen and/or Constantine show.
>>
>>80315607
>>Huntress
>>Arsenal
>>Cupid
Too many archers.
>>
>>80311620
Fuck you Vixen, Constantine deserves that spinoff more than you.
>>
>>80316590
He had his chance.
>>
>>80315607
Vixen
Constantine
Arsenal
Terrific

Then some new people. Animal Man, Stargirl, LOSH members(Dawnstar)?
>>
>>80315849
Wait a minute.... this looks a lot like my roster idea I posted a while ago.
>>
>>80316935
Because you have good taste anon
>>
>>80313345
Anon, it's 2016.
>>
>>80311620
Does that girl have a wolf for a stand?
>>
File: 17qht0zvfrorcjpg.jpg (69 KB, 640x343) Image search: [Google]
17qht0zvfrorcjpg.jpg
69 KB, 640x343
>Vixen
>Shaman

>Green Arrow
>Hunter

>Supergirl
>Warrior

>Constantine
>Warlock

>Canaries
>Rogues

What does that make Barry then? A sprinting Rogue?
>>
>>80317897
Feral Druid
>>
>>80313775
That's really depressing, especially since that's hardly ever said.
>>
>>80318315
I was going to call shenanigans, but he does cast wrath and hurricane a lot.
>>
>>80318485
That's boomkin.
>>
>>80315678
I heard he got killed off in a tie-in comic or something
Dang I'd completely forgotten about him
Back when arrow was good
>>
>>80313967

Based on comics

Cool so no more marvel movie threads then. Deal?
>>
>>80312697
She's not latino. She's literally Nigerian. What the fuck are you even talking about?
>>
File: 1435082931387.jpg (62 KB, 410x391) Image search: [Google]
1435082931387.jpg
62 KB, 410x391
>>80311620

Her acting was complete ASS

the one scene where she's saying goodbye to Oliver was one of the most cringe moments I've ever witnessed on Arrow. It was fucking terrible. You could see Amell dying inside as he tried to stay in character and carry the scene while she was shitting it up horrifically

she was kind of hot though and pretty large boobs

So I'm not sure how I feel on this one
>>
>>80315849
cool then they could bring back the guy who play Corrigan on Constantine since the plan was actually for him to become the spectre eventually until it was canceled
>>
>>80319930
Yeah, this. I especially loved the dead look on her face when she was referring to herself as a badass.

Not to mention every line she had felt like she was one of those people who tries to shoehorn their whole life story in everyday conversation.

>Without my totem, I'm just another fashion designer who lives with her foster father...."
>>
>>80317303
Yes, it's called Hungry Like the Wolf.
>>
If this means the spin-off includes Laurel and a better written Huntress just fucking shit up and kicking ass, then I'm in.

>>80319930
>he says with a picture of Danielle Panabaker.
>>
>>80320208
What was with those terrible lines? Her acting didn't bother me in the cartoon but here it was terrible. It's like she did a worst job playing her character on Arrow than an online webtoon short.
>>
>>80320378
>the spinoff is Vixen, Laurel and Thea girl team with Diggle as their Bosley Argus go between
>>
>>80320511
>Ollie's Angels
I'd tune in.
>>
>>80320511
I would be so here for that.

Bonus if Diggle's wife joins the fray too.
>>
File: RACE WAR.jpg (17 KB, 400x298) Image search: [Google]
RACE WAR.jpg
17 KB, 400x298
>>80312933
>>
>>80320511
Gentlemen we have our new birds of prey
>>
>>80320511
This would be good because I could just stop watching Arrow and not miss the decent characters.
>>
>>80322253
Ollie's a good character, or he was anyway.
>>
>>80320208
They had to shoehorn in her backstory for all the people who haven't seen the animated series. It was hamfisted but I guess there was a time-crunch.
>>
>>80322359
>>80322253
It saves as many as it can't. Not everyone can be saved the from Arrow.
>>
>>80322985
Actually, going back to it's S1 roots wouldn't be too bad. Just have Speed Weed write every episode so Felicity is helping instead of crying.

Part of Arrow's problem is their cast is so large.
>>
File: ebon static shock.jpg (5 KB, 261x193) Image search: [Google]
ebon static shock.jpg
5 KB, 261x193
Forget that, just make a Static Shock show. He's got a solid rogues gallery and supporting cast set up from a previous show, a solid origin story and fucking Ebon in live action would be the shit.
>>
Does Vixen have any notable runs?
>>
>>80323931
There was news of a web series but I dunno what happened with that and if it's still happening or not
>>
>>80312016
is this from that spanish doujin
>>
All I want is a longer animated miniseries
>>
>>80320469
shes a voice actor for a reason.

same with barry and ollie in the animated short. they sounded horrible. So stiff. They're not voice actors for a reason.
>>
Fuck, they should just make the Starman show
>>
>>80311620
Old news, they said they were aiming for the animation to turn into live action back before it was released.

Reminder that Vixen has her own animated mini-series that fits into the ArrowFlashverse for those that managed to miss it (like most of you)
>>
>>80320469
She sounded completely different too, I dunno what was going on in that recording booth
>>
>>80329807
>They're not voice actors for a reason.
Grant Gustin is a fucking singer...
>>
>>80323931
that is some Monkey paw's situation if i ever heard it. It was good. leave it be.
>>
>>80315607
I'd like it more themed to be honest. The mish-mash is interesting this series but I'd prefer -
>Legends of Darkness
With Constantine leading a magic themed team.
>>
>>80332295
It's a different technique. It's hard to act when you're in a booth by yourself.
>>
>>80311620
it was a cool cameo but I don't think she's good enough for a spin off.

I'd suggest other characters for a spin off but they're probably banned anyways.
>>
>>80315607
Constantine's exploits will only be off hand comments from Ollie from now on. It's kind of like Hal's story, just rumors and references.
>>
>>80332878

So what you want is Justice League Dark. The problem with this is last I checked even though Del Toro left the project DC still wants to make a movie of that and they already have a script even
>>
>>80319641
I want all /tv/ crap to fuck off, if it isn't a comic or a cartoon or directly related to comics or cartoons (like threads about creators etc...) then it shouldn't be allowed on /co/.
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.