[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>obnoxious pop culture reference >annoying comic-relief
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4
File: Chicken_Little.png (348 KB, 394x912) Image search: [Google]
Chicken_Little.png
348 KB, 394x912
>obnoxious pop culture reference
>annoying comic-relief
>that inter-species romance
at first, I thought this was a Dreamworks production
>>
>>80307243
Chicken Little was a good movie, shut up
>>
>>80307281
I suppose you thought the Minions were hilarious, too.
>>
File: tumblr_nly1wvkA1t1rrqxuwo1_400.jpg (24 KB, 314x236) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nly1wvkA1t1rrqxuwo1_400.jpg
24 KB, 314x236
Work was done on a sequel. He was supposed to get a lamb girlfriend. It got cancelled.
>>
Would you believe me if I said I saw this movie three times?
>>
>>80307522
>He was supposed to get a lamb girlfriend
What about Ugly Duckling?
>>
>Caring about an interspecies romance

I want /tv/ to leave.
>>
>>80307587
So what, I saw it like 80 times

When The Hub was on it's last legs they used to spam this movie all week
>>
>>80307243

Worst Disney film ever.

The dad is the fucking worst.
>>
>>80307522
Anyone know why it got dropped?
>>
>>80307243
fuck you, interspecies romances are the best

but yeah that movie sucked
>>
>>80307948
because the first one wasn't a box office hit
>>
>>80307933
> child is the laughing stock of the town
He handled the situation better than 90% of fictional fathers.
>>
Reminder that the dykeish fox bully got mindfucked into being a subservient bimbo for the pig guy and despite the aliens offering to turn her back, everyone was fine with it.

Reminder that canonically she is being fucked by a greasy giant pig every night and somewhere in her mind she is screaming
>>
>>80307607
>What about Ugly Duckling?

Puberty kicked in.

>No one ever read nursery rhymes to you.

Bet the lambs name was named Mary too.
>>
>>80308116
...that's kinda hot
>>
>>80307933

>The dad is the fucking worst

I dunno. Imagine being the dad of the kid who literally shit himself in the middle of the supermarket while screaming about aliens. Now imagine it's in a small town so everyone knew about it and even a year later they keep bringing it up every time they see you.

That's probably how his dad felt.
>>
File: image.png (114 KB, 224x216) Image search: [Google]
image.png
114 KB, 224x216
>>80307933
Quiet Enter, we're trying not to regurgitated the same shit you've already said.
>>
>>80307243
This movie isn't amazing but it's still both fun and comfy.

Bolt was worse desu
>>
>>80307522
You mean the sequel had potental to git good?
Blast.
>>
>>80307607
>>80308155
Wonder how she would look.
>>
>>80308116
The worst part is that as bully characters go she was actually a pretty decent person who had friends and did her best in sports. Making her a bully for not being friends with the town autist isn't fair.
>>
>>80308290

Well, she was kind of an ass and made it a point to torment Little and his friends on a daily basis. It wasn't like she just ignored them. And then after Little hit the homerun and was running the bases she was begging him to throw the game just so she wouldn't look bad.

Still, her final fate was pretty fucked.
>>
>>80308360
I might be forgetting a lot of the movie since it's been a fucking decade, all I remember about it was thinking that she was good at sports and the protagonists were kind of a bunch of whiny losers
>>
>>80308399

She was your typical jock for the most part and during the gym class she rallied everyone against the "nerds" during dodgeball or whatever they were playing.

Her punishment wasn't proportionate to her offenses though. She was just your standard bully and it's never implied she gave a shit about them outside of school.
>>
>>80308175

I guess but I really can't sympathize with him.

>>80308217

I'm not Mr. Enter...I couldn't give a fuck who he is.
>>
>>80308458

I'll never understand people who put a serious context on movies/shows that are clearly not meant to be taken seriously....

The fox bitch being lobotomized was a gag, and these characters aren't real
>>
A shoddy attempt by Disney at hitching a ride at the Shrek train after Shrek 2; bad but certainly not as bad as some people make it out to be.
I remember having a load of fun watching it with my sister back when it came out so I guess it's not all bad to sit kids in front of.

Watching it nowadays, it's still pretty harmless. Bad but harmless. Over-analyzers gonna over-analyze, I guess.
>>
This movie shows why /co/ always complains about movies/shows being "mean-spiritied".

It is incredibly easy to write "mean" characters, and movies/shows that do it usually have shitty, untalented writers. Chicken Little displays this pretty well, as it is one of the worst Disney movies, and 95% of the characters are jerkoffs.
>>
back when disney was the pits
>>
Amazing how much the early CGI disney movies sucked
>>
Remember kids, if you don't like someone, its perfectly okay to have some aliens mindrape her into a completely different person for the sake of everyone else's happiness.
>>
>>80307243
Just a reminder that My Peoples/A Few Good Ghosts got canned for this movie because the executives thought it wouldn't do well
>>
>>80309292
>>80309504
I heard that this movie was more an attempt to replace Pixar, a plan B if you will. At the time Pixar movies were making a shit ton of box office money, it's high point being Finding Nemo, meanwhile Disney movies were tanking. As a result Pixar became Disneys main cash cow, but then a rift began with the two companies threatening to separate them. Disney freaked out and decided to strictly do CGI films, the first ones sucked, oddly enough now they make more money than Pixar's.
>>
>>80309504
>>80309948

it's weird how things changed.

I don't know which company i'd prefer to have the better movies...can't they both do well.
>>
>>80309901
Plus My Peoples was primarily a Florida project (like Mulan, Stitch and Brother Bear were before it) and Eisner wanted to have animation all back at Burbank again to better meddle with.
>>
>>80309948
why didn't they just go with princess movies in the first place? everyone already forgot about Punch-It Paul and BH6 again, it's all about Tangled and Frozen
>>
>>80307933
Hey, at least he is alive.
>>80308116
>>80308175
Yeah, it was a shitty town as well.
>>
>>80310323
After princess and the frog executives were trying to understand why it failed and thought of all the wrong thing (princess movie with "princess" in the name, 2D, animal based movie, her being black) instead of the fact that it had mediocre marketing and wasn't a great movie (which is the cause of most box office bombs)
Thats why the first 3D "princess" movies were white, human focused, and have ambiguous titles
>>
>>80307933

I'd judge him but I genuinely don't know what I was do if I was his father. But honestly in a realistic scenario people wouldn't bother the father or a 10 year kid for something that happened a year ago. Hell I'm sure if it was a small town of 600 or something people wouldn't knock it off pretty quickly. Shit gets old. Maybe bother us for like a month tops.
>>
>>80310011
I feel like it would have been better had they been separated. Pixar films went to crap as soon as Disney took complete control. It's as if someone took a gun to their heads and said , "Make moar Cars sequels." Disney does not treat it's properties right.
>>80310323
>>80310501
I think Princess movies have nothing to do with it nor does race. It's all about telling a compelling story. I remember people crying at every Pixar film, Disney films could barely get that kind of emotion. But those at the top were stupid and thought, "Well duh Pixar is only doing good because Le CGI." Frog and Princess was not supposed to be the last 2D film, that was meant for Home on the Range, a shitty comedy western, around the same time Pixar released The Incredibles, it was like showing up at a Mexican standoff with a wiffleball bat.
>>
I actually liked the father. It was pretty obvious, especially to himself, that he was a bad parent once his wife died and he tried to do what was right so that his son will not get ridiculed more than he already was. He said so himself that he was always proud of his son and, truly, he defended him from the calls and bullies as much as he could. It's was clear that both him and the main character evolved during the duration of the movie. Hell, I can even say that this was his father's movie just as well.
>>
>>80310501
>Chicken Little: 2005
>Princess and the Frog: 2009
PatF has nothing to do with this discussion
>>
>>80311404

Yes it does, the failure of PatF further conviced Disney executives to gut its 2D department.
>>
>>80311628
PatF and Winnie the Pooh which premiered the same time as Deathly Hallows Part 2.
>>
>Caring about anything Disney did after 2002
It's all trash desu senpai
>>
>>80309292

They definitely were unlikable characters but not in a fun way.
>>
>>80311628
this thread isn't about 2D, why does every thread about a 3D movie need some faggot crying over 2D
>>
>>80309504
Shrek's impact
>>
>>80307344

>stop liking what I don't like

That's your fucking argument. Reconsider your life, then suicide
>>
>>80308175

Well that, and clearly whatever accident that took his wife really left him a mess. Yet the film refused to ever say WHAT killed her, so he just came off as a jerk rather than a broken man worrying for the safety of what little family he has left.
>>
>>80309020

That, and all that happened was she is wound becoming nicer. It's not like she lost her entire personality.
>>
>>80309215
>Disney at hitching a ride at the Shrek train after Shrek 2; bad but certainly not as bad as some people make it out to be.

Wait, are you saying Shrek 2 was bad? Because it was marginally better than the original
>>
>>80308238

http://brainfreezeent.blogspot.com.au/2014/10/storyboards-from-chicken-little-2.html
>>
>>80307522

That's just weird. Though, I guess it could have been interesting, since you rarely ever see a romantic pairing not panning out and the two seeking new love interests.

Hell, the closest thing I can think of is Guybrush and Elaine from Monkey Island, back when the second game showed that their relationship from the first game wasn't meant to last. And although they hooked up for good in the third game, that was only because Ron wasn't around to write out the next chapter of their relationship, which probably would have just been big sis helping her little bro.
>>
>>80312676

Its important to whats being discussed, Chicken Little was the company's first foray into CGI animation.
>>
It wasn't a great movie, but it was hardly the worst thing Disney has done.

Its only real weak point is how the baseball game just seems get swept aside almost as quickly as it happened. Had they allowed for more time with CL to enjoy his newfound respect, or even had him winning the game sooner and then trying to convince people that MAYBE he wasn't crazy, it could have worked out better. Beyond that, the low points were how disrespectful the dad was being even though he's clearly clinging to his boy due to guilt over his wife's death.
>>
>>80307607
The heat of the moment died out and chicken little remembered that ugly duckling is ugly as fuck
>>
>>80314617
No. He's saying Disney wanted to capitalize off of Shrek 2's success with their own CGI flick.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.