[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gambit Dead?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4
File: GambitWolvie3.jpg (19 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
GambitWolvie3.jpg
19 KB, 320x240
Fox’s GAMBIT is no longer scheduled for October 7, 2016 and is currently without a release date
>>
Tragedy.
>>
This better be a joke. Gambit is bes X-Men character.
>>
>>80303298

>That film that hadn't started filming isn't coming out in October

Good
>>
And may it never see the light of day again.
>>
Too bad they couldn't kill shitpool first.
>>
>>80303298
It's over. Fox is finished.
>>
Well I just googled it and OP is full of shit.

The film doesnt even come out until next year.
>>
theyre reworking it so its r rated and a team-up with deadpool.
>>
>>80303298
Proof, please
>>
https://twitter.com/BoxOffice/status/703824585028861953

Whoever the fuck pro.boxoffice.com is and why should we believe them...
>>
>>80303486
I thought it had a 2016 release date?
>>
>>80303298
There's a good chance they've just pulled it to have it retooled into a more Deadpool-like R-Rated movie.
It's almost certain that they're rewriting it so he gets a cameo somewhere.
>>
>>80303478
F4 rights to Marvel when?
>>
>>80303552
Fox wouldnt put out 3 superhero films in 1 year you dumb shits.

Deadpool is already out and apocalypse comes out later this year.

Gambit will be out next year. even says (2017) on imdb. Common sense guys.
>>
>>80303555
It is my theory that with Deadpool being a hit, they will finally wrap up the X-Men franchise and reboot it within the same universe and tone of Deadpool

Apocalypse will contend with BvS and Winter Soldier, and then after that they have a brand new way to re market X-Men as something different and more appealing for new audiences

But then, if Wolverine 3 is a hit they may keep the old franchise going, but didn't Jackman say he's finished after this anyway? Wouldn't be a bad place to end at all
>>
>>80303590
Also why the fuck would fox even cancel Gambit (fan favorite X-Men character) after the MASSIVE success of Deadpool.. I dont know how anyone can fall for this
>>
>>80303590
>>80303619
I guess now we wait for thread to 404.
>>
>>80303619
>Gambit
>fan favorite X-Men character
Pick one. The only fan favorite X-Men character is Wolverine.
>>
>>80303652
>underage detected
>>
>>80303652
>>80303677
it's obviously Cyclops, Magik or Boom Boom
>>
>>80303652
Nah man, Wolverine is most certainly the poster boy, and younger kids/young adults probably feel no which way at all about Gambit

But talk to anyone late twenties and early thirties, Gambit was definitely the Wolverine alternative, hell I know casual girls my age who still cream their pants over Gambit
>>
>>80303652
>I didn't grow up with 90's X-Men cartoon or comics
Gambit is extremely popular
>>
>>80303298
Money siphoned into Deadpool 2.
>>
>>80303703
fan favorite doesn't necessarily mean the most popular, but he has a huge following.
>>
there is a god
i hope it gets scrapped
>>
>>80303478

Deadpool going back to disney when?

R rated man Logan cancelled.
>>
>>80303478
>Fox is finished
deadpool just made more money than lots of other superhero movies
fox is doing just fine
>>
>>80303733
>snikt off bub, me and you
>>
>>80303298

Needs to have a R rating.
>>
>>80303738
>deadpool just made more money than lots of other superhero movies

No it didn't. It made a lot of money for being R rated. compared to other superhero films, it did okay.
>>
>>80303772
it has done better domestically than both captain americas and both thors on a much smaller budget and is still in theatres
>>
>>80303805
No it hasn't. Look it up.
>>
>>80303828
deadpool
$263,089,009

cap 1
$176,654,505

cap 2
$259,766,572

thor 1
$181,030,624

thor 2
$206,362,140

stats courtesy of box office mojo, using the domestic gross to date

and deadpool is still in theatres so it will only grow (albeit at this point, not by a whole lot)
>>
>>80303857
You're literally lying, there is no way a non Disney movie made that much. Nobody even likes FOX, is there a park called FOXLAND? No

Plus the movie is r rated, I didn't start to like super heroes because I wanted that, nor did any other decent human being, Disney is what saved super heroes by making them fun for the whole family and not just for nerdy freaks
>>
>>80303897
oh i see you are just acting like an idiot on the internet carry on then
>>
>>80303604

you are retarded
>>
>>80303733
>>80303733
>Deadpool going back to disney when?

When the whole x men rights go back, which could be decades
>>
>>80303298
Maybe they're retooling it to be more like the source material. i.e. "The Deadpool Effect"
>>
>>80303956
How so? Rather than throwing around ad hominem attacks it might make you appear to be intelligent if you offered criticism rather than behaving like a chimp like hillbilly shouting random insults
>>
>>80304000

Nice trips faget
>>
>>80304000
i am not that guy but here goes
they just spent a movie doing a soft reboot on the x-men franchise allowing them to take it pretty much wherever they want with the only constraints being what we saw at the end of days of future past; that is, everyone is working happily at the school

they are not likely to do another reboot when they just did one that leaves them plenty of wiggle room

they just hired a bunch of up and comers and i am certain they'd like to keep them for several movies. you may not have heard of them but ask anyone who follows non-mainstream films and they'll know tye sheridan (the new young cyclops) as an actor that has a pretty solid body of work. the new jean grey is sansa from game of thrones so she has a built in fanbase without being a big name. they have solid but relatively unknown actors, which is important for keeping budgets down. they won't want to recast if they can help it.

they have already planned several more movies, presumably within the continuity they have already laid out. new mutants and/or x-force spring to mind.

basically there is no reason for fox to reboot x-men because they already did and from here they can take it anywhere. if they want more r-rated stuff to follow on deadpool's and wolverine 3's heels, they have that option for x-force.
>>
>>80304104
That all makes sense assuming it would cause more damage to reboot than to not. If they can make more money with a reboot, why wouldn't they? You're forgetting that movie making is a business, not an art, and that Wolverine is by far the money ticket of the X-Men and they're about to lose their Wolverine
>>
Good, Im so sick of Marvel constantly throwing its shit at my face
>>
>>80303325
>Gambit is bes X-Men character
I can't believe there are people that actually think this.
>>
>>80304151
probably b8 but
sigh
the x-men family film rights belong to fox, not marvel studios
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 300x400
Good. Now Channing Tatum can be Shazam.
>>
File: 1347916038958.gif (2 MB, 324x219) Image search: [Google]
1347916038958.gif
2 MB, 324x219
>>80304218
>but sigh
>>
>>80303298
Let me tell you something about Channing Tatum, OP: Jupiter Ascending.

Never forget, never forgive.
>>
>>80304881
As valid as that is, it also removes Sean Bean and Mila Kunis from our pleasure spheres. And Eddie Redmayne, if you care about that. I don't.
>>
>>80304413

WB probably wont consider him as long as he is tied down by a contract with Fox
>>
>>80303430
You mean Skullshitl?
>>
>>80303652
That's not Nightcrawler.
>>
>>80304218
not talking about who gets to produce the movie or who owns the rights

but the entire Marvel roster or anything related to marvel

its like having cancer that you just want to remove
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.