[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /co/ feel about South Park?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: 1456591856134.gif (2 MB, 643x539) Image search: [Google]
1456591856134.gif
2 MB, 643x539
How does /co/ feel about South Park?
>>
>>80289885
Also the GIF does not relate to my feelings about South Park, South Park I my favorite cartoon
>>
>>80289885

It varies. A lot of episodes are hilarious, clever, and the satire spot on, and other times it falls flat with outdated cultural references or unworthy or just wrong targets for satire and it can be too obvious the script was written in 2 days.
>>
>>80289885
Past its prime.
>>
Not as good as it used to be but still surprisingly decent.
>>
Became complete shit not long ago.
>>
>>80289885
Like all good shows, it has great episodes and bad episodes.

Unlike most other good shows, when it has bad episodes it has really fucking bad episodes. It probably has to do with how rushed every episode is due to the nature of the show, as >>80289998 mentioned.
>>
>>80289885
It's really pushing boundaries, the creators themselves shown up at an event thing high-off of LSD and wearing womens clothing for some reason
>>
>>80289885
I like it
>>
I dislike the whole mentality behind the show, think it has a lot of undeserved respect and is the main problem behind this generation's attitude on a lot of issues.

Especially when they tackle stuff like "Safe space", or trans issues, or anything really - they always take a really shitty strawman of something.

Matt & Trey are sheltered edgy college libertarians that never grew up. They know fuck all about the world yet somehow they've become a major political influence. Places like here, reddit et. all are heavily influenced by it's humour and politics.

it used to be fun and different when it first launched. pretty much as soon as it got political it got shit.

It encourages a generation of dipshits to hide behind the concept of "satire" instead of educating themselves.
>>
>>80290495
Same can be said about the Daily Show. It's not the show or the creators fault people take t at face value and base their political leanings on them. Yes, it's all satire, what the fuck is wrong with satire? Why can't a comedy show make fun of something that the creators think is retarded?
>>
>>80289885
The last season was pretty great, tho the finale was dissapointing. The gun thing should have been its own episode separate from the culmination of the entire storyline, because otherwise it was pretty gold.
>>
>>80290495
Are you implying that there is a legitimate argument to be had for "Safe Spaces" on college campuses, for grown-ass adults?
>>
>>80290495
Hello tumblr.
>>
File: 1440620427361.jpg (180 KB, 517x768) Image search: [Google]
1440620427361.jpg
180 KB, 517x768
>>80290495
>Matt & Trey are sheltered edgy college libertarians that never grew up
>safe spaces are a legitimate solution for a legitimate problem
>>
>>80290953
I think the "safe space" thing is more for people who have legit mental illnesses like schizophrenia or PTSD, not for stuff like fat-shaming and bullying.
>>
>>80291357
Have you been on a two-year hiatus from the internet or are you just stupid?
>>
seasons need to be longer

also is season 20 confirmed?
>>
>>80291403
I haven't been to college in 10 years, that's just what I thought.
>>
show for 11 year olds that live in trailer parks with neglectful parents

nothing more
>>
>>80291467
3 more seasons confirmed.
>>
>>80289885
Still brilliant. OP pic season was almost GOAT
>>
>>80291489
>I never watch the show
>>
>>80289885
It's funnier if you're a libertarian.
>>
>>80291489
>>80290495
I want tumblr to leave.
>>
File: HardDay.jpg (46 KB, 600x549) Image search: [Google]
HardDay.jpg
46 KB, 600x549
Loved the entire season until the very last episode killed all my hopes. Jesus they fucked that up bad. I can't tell if that was intentional or if they just lost the writing steam at the very end.
>>
>>80290495
Stop taking the show seriously.
This show has only ever taken two political stances.
Freedom of speech
And making fun of the majority.
Last season really got back to their roots of making fun of the majority
>>
One thing I find kinda annoying is how they have episodes that contradict the moral of earlier episodes and they don't even comment on it. I get that the authors are allowed to change their minds, and I think that it's even better that they do make an episode about it instead of digging their heels, but they should at least have one character mention "I use to think X, but turns out I was wrong" or something.

Like they had a few global warming episodes and a few alcoholism episodes, as well as a few mental illness episodes that contradict each other and they just try to get each episode to stand on its own. It's annoying.
>>
It's had plenty of terrible episodes but it's still one of my all time favorite cartoons. I've been watching since I was like seven. But between SP, Simpsons and FG I did have tons of movies spoiled for me.
>>
>>80291686
South Park has pretty much consistently been libertarian. The kind of political irreverence that libertarianism affords is what makes South Park funny to an extent.
>>
>>80290086 Season 19 was the GOAT (except for the last episode)
>>
No but seriously, what is PC?
>>
>>80292593
politically correct
>>
>>80290495
People who say others don't know anything about the world raise so many red flags to me it's not even funny.

I cannot even pay attention to what you wrote anymore.
>>
The next videogame may be cool
>>
>>80290495
Actually, I find the idea of safe spaces wonderful
In that way, one may spot the social incompetent people that should be avoided like the plague
>>
>>80290495
Given the nature of this site, people are going to disagree, but I feel similarly. It's tough to say if it's the "biggest" cause of this apathy, but Matt & Trey's talent for comedy can often be at odds with their snap judgements.

First 6 or seasons are quite good though.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.