[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /co/ think of F is for family? I personally enjoyed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: f-is-_s1_004_h-e1450126483289.jpg (130 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
f-is-_s1_004_h-e1450126483289.jpg
130 KB, 1200x675
What does /co/ think of F is for family?

I personally enjoyed it. I liked how it was a continuous story strung out across the season

I'm still hoping for a season 2 since Franklost his job and left the reaction on a cliff hanger
>>
I watched the episode where he took his son to work. Was pretty unfunny.
>>
Worth a watch.

The nazi was the best part.
>>
>>80287515
It's not hysterical but it's enjoyable to watch

You should watch them all in order though. When one episode ends the next one immediately take off from
>>
>>80287421

though that fucking wall
>>
>>80287515
I think it's in the same boat as Bojack where most of the jokes aren't spectacular, so you're gonna be watching it for the characters.
>>
>>80287421
I enjoy it I can see why people aren't wowed by it though. Regardless I hope it gets a season 2 at some point.
>>
>>80287663
Yep, it's pretty much the anti-Family Guy in that sense
>>
>>80287706
I would argue it's the antithesis to most major adult sitcom cartoons (South Park, Family Guy, etc.). The closest one to F is for Family would probably be King of the Hill or Bob's Burgers, and the tone of those is completely different to this show.
>>
>>80287421

good show

also it captures the 70s pretty well
>>
>>80287603
He's not a nazi.

He's a satanist.
>>
File: Elijah Wood.jpg (53 KB, 620x815) Image search: [Google]
Elijah Wood.jpg
53 KB, 620x815
>>80287663
Pretty much but Bojack handles the drama far better and while the jokes are hit and miss some jokes manage to absolutely hit the ball park.
>>
File: harvey is stressed.png (70 KB, 218x200) Image search: [Google]
harvey is stressed.png
70 KB, 218x200
You know that feeling when that one person enters the room and you can almost physically feel everyone else's moods instantly drop and become more tense? That's how the show made me feel.

Also the cussing was overdone. I'm fine with a moderate amount but there was so much it's almost like they were trying to fill a quota to win a bet.
>>
>>80288016
Swearing never bothers me. For me though it was the piss trough and the sex scene with the hairy balls that went too far.
>>
>>80288016
>Also the cussing was overdone.

I remember hearing complaints about this before watching, but really, the swearing felt pretty natural. Bill himself swearing was the only time it felt off.
>>
>>80288016
the excessive swearing is more an indication to me that they aren't overscripting the dialogue. it'd be ridiculous to plan that much swearing, but some people really do talk like that.
>>
>>80289820
>the excessive swearing is more an indication to me that they aren't overscripting the dialogue

That makes me think of amateur rappers who use "fuck", "shit", "ass", "bitch", and "nigga" a million times because they're not good enough writers to write lyrics that are on beat without using the same five filler words over and over.
>>
File: Link coffee.jpg (35 KB, 366x368) Image search: [Google]
Link coffee.jpg
35 KB, 366x368
>>80288016
>>80289820
>>80291593

>excessive swearing
My family talks like them the whole time.
>>
File: sad pie face 2.gif (994 KB, 245x275) Image search: [Google]
sad pie face 2.gif
994 KB, 245x275
>>80292339
>>
>>80287421
I thought it was okay. I didn't laugh too much, but the drama was decent.

I don't regret watching it, but I don't think I'll be watching season 2, if there is one.
>>
>>80287421
No he didn't. His reaction was "it's Christmas I can't tell them I was fired. Best go in aND save it for later because a real man doesn't burden his family on fuckiNG Xmas"
>>
>>80287421
I've heard a lot of people talk about this show,
But every time I see a screen cap of it, my brain immediately thinks; "Oh look, another suburban family animated sitcom".
I can't help it.
>>
>>80292339
your family is immature
>>
File: mrcoconut.png (820 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
mrcoconut.png
820 KB, 1334x750
Who was the best character, and why was it Mr. Coconut?
>>
>>80294951
Yea, it's pretty fucking great.
>>
>>80295060

but that's not Nazi Jesus.
>>
>>66451600
It works a whole. Watch from the beginning.
>>
>>80294951
Cursing in front of strangers or in a personal environment is immature.
Cursing with close ones in your own private home is fucking fine. In fact, it just says how comfortable people are with each other.
>>
>>80291593

my mom was on of THOSE one of those parents.
you know the parents that didn't want their kid to see or do anything violent or "inappropriate" yet she swore pretty much every time she spoke
>>
>>80298420
Or that they don't give a shit about each other.
>>
>>80287421
I enjoyed it. I hope it gets a second season as well.
>>
>>80294951
I bet they're immature for not going to country clubs as well

Seriously, I don't like this show, nor have I watched it, because fuck Bill Burr, but you obviously didn't ever live in a middle class to lower middle class environment if cussing is foreign to you

Either that or you came from the weird elitist christian household on the block who all the other families make fun of while getting drunk
>>
>>80304813
I lived in a family so lower class that they they legally were too poor to be expected to pay taxes in this country. My dad has like 40K in student debt and never in his life has been in a high enough income bracket that the state actually demanded he start repaying it, and he's currently in his 60's
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.