[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oscars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: Inside Out, that's what..jpg (293 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Inside Out, that's what..jpg
293 KB, 1600x900
Who's going to win the Academy Awards?
>>
>>80281992
whats that non-american cartoon doing there?
filling a quota?
>>
Before this thread delves into cancer, can we just take a moment to accept that even though Inside Out will win and the Academy doesn't care about animation, there's nothing we can do about it anyway? At least Inside Out is a decent movi.e., so it's not like Minions was nominated. Let's use today's thread as an excuse to talk about the movies that are nominated, and then when tomorrow comes around there will be threads bashing the winner.

Prologue and We Can't Live without Cosmos were so fucking hype. Latter is online in HD if you haven't seen it.
>>
>>80282588
Just like the academy itself, no one on /co/ has seen any of the nominees other than the Disney ones. There simply aren't enough shallow waifus to grab their attention.
>>
>>80282588

I can't wait for Kubo and the Two Strings to lose to Finding Dory. Can't fucking wait...
>>
>>80281992
As long as TFA doesn't win any.
>>
>>80281992
I don't even know what has been nominated, and why should I give a shit if Disney/Pixar is going to win anyway
>>
>>80282588

tfw won't see amolisa

i just wanna see the puppets
>>
>>80282819
Inside Out
Shaun the Sheep
When Marnie was There (Ghibli)
Anomalisa
Boy & the World

You shouldn't. The Oscars are all complete bs now. They used to actually go to solid movies, but now they go to whichever one strokes off Hollywood the most.
>>
File: ANOMALISA-008R.jpg (104 KB, 1401x788) Image search: [Google]
ANOMALISA-008R.jpg
104 KB, 1401x788
Hands down the best film of 2015
>>
>>80282867
Has anyone seen When Marnie was There? Is it any good?
>>
>>80282905
No and since it isn't directed by Miyazaki I don't actually expect much from it.
>>
>>80282684
I LOOK AT THE FLOOR AND I SEE IT NEEDS SWEEPING
>>
Inside Out for Feature and hopefully World of Tomorrow for Short.
>>
>>80282962
>hopefully World of Tomorrow for Short

For a fleeting moment i thought you were talking about Tex Avery's MGM cartoon.
>>
We all know Inside out will win, let's talk about something more productive:

Which one was the best animated film of the year for you? Why?
>>
>>80282880
God no.

>>80282905
It was okay. Better than Inside Out.
>>
>reading http://www.cartoonbrew.com/ideas-commentary/the-6-most-unforgivable-animation-oscars-37422.html
>look at the comments
>see pic related

It's not really him, is it?
>>
>>80283130
I would like to see Boy and the World win. That movie is so pretty and I'm a sucker for nonverbal storytelling.
Trailer for those unfamiliar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqdrwu0NvY8
>>
>>80283130
Boy and the world for me,I have weak spot for environmentalism, kids fighting something sad and simplistic art styles.
>>
>>80283130
Boy and the World edged out for me. Inside Out and Marnie fall shortly behind. I loved Anomalisa, but just not as much. Shaun was fucking hilarious. The nominees this year were solid. They were honestly the best choices the Academy could have made >inb4 Peanuts
>>
>Kubo could easily win next years Oscars
>is going up against both a Pixar and a Disney movie

Fuck everything.
>>
>>80282949
kek
>>
>>80285797
Do you think Boy and the Beast will get nominated?
>>
>>80285859
>foreign
>2D animated

Maybe in a dream.
>>
I remember when Rango won an Oscar, and Tintin won a Globe before it.

Only because Cars 2 was nominated.
>>
>>80282905
Extremely mediocre, in my honest opinion. It's a very safe movie that emulates the least interesting parts of Miyazaki's films but isn't directed by Miyazaki himself. Even though I didn't like it much, Princess Kaguya was a much better and much more artistic entry from Ghibli.
>>
>>80285931
Are you a moron? 2D foreign films have been nominated every year for the last 7 years, except for 2012. And even before then it was every other year.

But nope, I guess you're right. The Academy animation branch is biased. Silly me.
>>
>>80286118
>The Academy animation branch is biased.

Yes, it is.
>>
>>80282947
>What is Kaguya
>>
>>80282588
Animation was fucked when the Academy gave Walt Disney 7 little statues presented by Shirley fucking temple
>>
>>80282867
Why isn't Peanuts nominated? I thought it was a pretty well received film and the animation was cool
>>
>>80286132
They snub more popular mainstream animated films like Peanuts and Minions to nominate obscure foreign films, with traditional animation instead. Let alone the shorts, which never get discussed. The animation branch is one of the only things in the Academy that shares a genuine interest in their respective medium.

I don't think you know how the Oscars work. They only nominate the movies. Everybody and their mother gets to vote, which is why it's usually the safest choice. Same thing with every other nominee.
>>
>>80286251
Because they can only nominate 5, and Peanuts was probably placed 6th or 7th? Something has to miss the cut.
>>
>>80286546
noms mean nothing
>>
>>80286883
That was his question though. And don't tell me noms mean nothing when it's free prestige to slap on their DVD cover, and convince more people to check it out.
>>
File: 56754.jpg (113 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
56754.jpg
113 KB, 612x380
I'm rooting for The Big Short even though it doesn't deserve it and I know it is not going to win.
>>
>>80287289
The awards also mean nothing, but they mean something to most other people.

>>80287308
>>>/tv/
>>
>Boy and the World

No thanks, I've read the communist manifesto in high school.
>>
>>80282905
it falls flat in some aspects but excels in others.
the way they treat the teenage physique in depression is really good. But you can spot some laziness here and there.
>>
>>80287289
>>80287407
>>80286883
noms actually mean a lot, to get even pre-selected from outside united states you have to get a bunch of awards. Also the nominations are actually made by carefully selecting which movie fits better within the academy's standards (technique and ideology)
the prize itself means much less than a nomination as the judges for animation awards usually have no criteria
>>
>>80282867
they literally systematically got three movies that comment on depression (inside out, anomalisa, marnie) one movie about corporativism and poverty in the third world (Boy and the World) and three movies that explore unusual techiniques (Boy and the World, Anomalisa and Shawn the Sheep)

Marnie came from a studio that doesn't support the oscars at all with two directors that refused being part of the academy and criticized its ways.

I think you completelly missed the point here.
>>
>>80282867
Inside out will win
>>
>>80283134
>Better than Inside Out.
Jesus fuck Kill yourself contarian
>>
>>80285859
Fuck no
>>
>>80282905
I enjoyed it but it's definitely not one of Ghibli's best films.
>>
>Only /co/ related film I saw last year was The Peanuts
Man I really need to catch up.
>>
>>80289151
>How dare you not like Pixar
>>
>>80289151
Do people really think Inside Out is such hot shot that saying one thing is better makes you a current_buzzword?
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.