[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DCEU General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 6
File: BVS-FP-0510-1.jpg (420 KB, 2048x858) Image search: [Google]
BVS-FP-0510-1.jpg
420 KB, 2048x858
What are your hopes? Your expectations?
>>
No hopes since Snyder is in helm.
>>
>>80279902

I expect people to enjoy it and /co/ to pretend it's the worst movie ever.
>>
>>80279902

hoping not to be disappointed by keeping zero expectations
>>
Im excited for it, but if its another MoS ill stop caring about the series.
>>
>Hopes

Good movies

>Expectations

Not good movies.

On the subject, lay off with the shill threads, it's getting annoying.
>>
>>80279902
>What are your hopes?
For /tv/ to leave.

>Your expectations?
That /co/ will continue its downward spiral.
>>
>>80280133
Yeah, lets have another Kate Leth or Bendis thread.
Thread?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHN9mcpkEeo
>>
>>80280197
The fuck is this channel and how do they have such detailed pics of costumes?
>>
>>80280197
Cool.
>>
>>80279902
I hope Superman comes as likable. I want this movie to help fight the prejudice people have against him especially when comparing him to Batman.
I expect this movie to look great and make me feel I'm inside a DC comic.
>>
I hope it is basically a live-action version of the Justice league animated show.
>>
I hope we get a trilogy of Batman prequels.

One combining elements of Year One and Zero Year, to show Golden Age Batman, and Morrison's Batman & Robin to show Silver Age. Ends on a high note.
One influenced by the 70's Neal Adams and Denny O'Neil retooling, shows Batman's world becoming darker and more violent. A rift grows between Batman and Robin.
Finally a third movie where Batman is grittier and darker than ever before, partially inspired by Miller's Batman but not as edgy. Features Batman discovering Jason and starting to gain hope again, only for him to get killed at the end, setting up the jaded and cynical Batman we see in the TDKR inspired BvS.

No Red Hood horseshit of course.

It'll never happen though because audiences won't accept a progression of tone and will cry MUH DARK KNIGHT.

We'll never get a movie that acknowledges the entire history of a character.
>>
>>80280877

I'd love this. I'd love cape movies that play around more with the many different styles and tones that comics have to offer. I'm also sucker for any and all narrative that try to have everything that happened to Batman as canon.
>>
>>80280877
capekino
>>
>>80280877
>three Batman prequels
Eeeh, I don't know.
You might be able to put that all in one movie though. There are a lot of other movies that chronicle the life of a single character.
>>
>>80280133
>On the subject, lay off with the shill threads, it's getting annoying.

Were you not here for Green Lantern? There's always a ton of shill threads when a shitty movie is coming.

>>80281543
>>80280877
If they go the prequel route it means recasting Affleck or having a what, 45 year old man pretending to be decades younger for like 2 hours; if they have multiple prequels the choice is film them back to back (time consuming and a financial risk) or having a 47, then 49 year old pretending to be decades younger.

I don't know about you guys but when I look at Ben Affleck I don't see a 30 year old. He looks tired, he looks later in his forties than he really is.

Prequels ain't gonna happen until he's off the project.
>>
>>80280179
This.

When is Hiro going to fix this board?
>>
I want Solomon Grundy to appear somewhere down the line
>>
>>80280877
How about an intro a la Snyder's Watchmen showcasing tonally different eras of Batman's career until we get to the present?
It doesn't have to be directed by Snyder, by the way.
>>
>>80279902
I do expect Snyder to make it visually great, even viceral.
I hope it makes justice to the characters.
>>
>>80280197
Sweet.
>>
>>80279902
Disappointing castings and Director

Just Reboot this DC its not too late
>>
>>80279902
>What are your hopes? Your expectations?
For it to replace MoS as /co/'s go-to bitchfest.
>>
File: Acting Is Hard.jpg (34 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Acting Is Hard.jpg
34 KB, 480x270
>>80279902
I hope its good, I strongly expect it to be bad.

Snyder has made nothing but bad movies. I fully expect a very vocal chunk of /co/ to proclaim the inevitable mediocre to bad reviews as written by Donnerfags.

I also expect a particularly awful performance from Gal Godot.
>>
>>80291150
>Snyder has made nothing but bad movies
No just one. Sucker Punch.
DOTD is the 6th or 7th greatest Zombie movie ever.
Watchmen is a superficially faithful adaption of the book but a perfectly good superhero movie.
Mos is utterly phenomenal despite a few flaws.
>>
>>80291248
Yeah, no.

MoS is easily the worst thing I've personally seen in a theater. Watchmen was bad too. 300 I'm indifferent to.

The only one of his movies I would say isn't bad is DotD and honestly that doesn't even feel like a Snyder movie.
>>
>>80291150
>Snyder has made nothing but bad movies.

You really haven't seen many movies then. The only truly bad movie he's made was Sucker Punch and that was because he also wrote it and the studio let him do whatever he wanted so he just went full retard. MoS is at worst, just boring.
>>
>>80291319
>MoS is easily the worst thing I've personally seen in a theater.
You must be 18 or older to post on 4chan.
>>
>>80290498
It's too late for everything anon

They should have pressganged Nolan and Singer to make Batman Begins and Superman Returns the same universe
>>
I hope Captain Boomerang calls Amanda Waller an abbo and at least says strweth every now and then.
>>
>>80291150

Dawn of the Dead - 75%
300 - 60%
Watchmen - 65%
Legend of the Guardians - 50%
Sucker Punch - 23%
Man of Steel - 56%

Don't expect it to break 75%
>>
>>80291599
That would have been horrible.
>>
>>80291599
Here's what they should've done:

>never had gone through with Superman Returns; it was a bad idea
>instead, wait it out
>meticulously plan a cinematic universe as Nolan is directing his trilogy
>as soon as TDKR releases, announce a new Batman reboot and a new Superman reboot that'd take place in the same universe
>also Wonder Woman, the Flash, GL, and so on

Boom, that way we could've had Nolan's TDK trilogy, and while Marvel still would've had a head start on their cinematic universe, it wouldn't have been nearly as bad playing catch up.
>>
>>80292381
>>as soon as TDKR releases, announce a new Batman reboot and a new Superman reboot that'd take place in the same universe
That's basically what they did.
>>
>>80292381
But would DC even think about a cinematic universe if Marvel hadn't done it first?
At most I would expect a Superman vs. Batman movie like they had planned since the early 00s, but not something like the cinematic universe Marvel gambled.
>>
>>80292492
>But would DC even think about a cinematic universe if Marvel hadn't done it first?
They had one planned a decade ago. Miller's JL was supposed to spinoff into solo films for each member of the League, but the writers strike killed it.
>>
>>80292453
Not really. MoS was initially just going to be part of a standalone Superman trilogy. It was only after that movie released and they kinda/sorta finally realized that Marvel was definitely shaking things up and beating them to the punch with their cinematic universe, that they decided to spin MoS off into their own cinematic universe.

Besides, if that were basically what they did, we'd had gotten more DCEU movies aside from MoS by now.

>>80292492
The MCU was already well into its way by the time TDKR released in theaters. Shit, that was the same year the Avengers came out, right? I could understand being taken surprise initially, but by the time they first showed the Avengers, they should've realized they needed to get their shit together.
>>
>>80292381
In that scenario, whoever they cast for Batman would still feel the heat of not being Bale.

Superman Returns was going to be a reboot if not for Singer's Donner bonner. Say they started the universe with that. It would have beaten Iron Man to the punch.

>>80292543
>>80292492
But another problem is George Miller's JL had all the characters established except Wally who replaces Barry by the end, coming after the 2006-ish reboot
>>
>>80292543
Now I'm upset that this didn't happen.

>>80292607
>In that scenario, whoever they cast for Batman would still feel the heat of not being Bale.
True, maybe. How quickly are Bond actors replaced?

>Superman Returns was going to be a reboot if not for Singer's Donner bonner. Say they started the universe with that. It would have beaten Iron Man to the punch.
Definitely true. I think on the whole, Superman Returns just wasn't necessary in the least and I think most would agree. There wasn't any point to it, ultimately.
>>
>>80281443
>mfw capeshit will never, EVER be anything more than cheap popcorn flicks
>>
>>80293842
Nolan tried to change that and you all complained.
>>
>>80294072
By making a bit more serious cheap popcorn flicks?
>>
>>80292728
I don't quite see the point to MoS either other than WB keeping the rights. Remember, WB rushed that into production because of the siegel and shuster heirs.

Superman Returns was a nostalgiafag reboot/remake of Superman 1, but Man of Steel was an edgyfag reboot/remake of Superman 2.
>>
>>80294125
And now we don't have to worry about any of that shit and John Peters is finally gone, so we might actually get a good Superman movie for once.
>>
>>80294102
The Dark Knight getting snubbed at the Oscars caused the Academy to change how many films get nominated for Best Picture.
>>
>>80294424
>implying snyder hasn't become the john peters of this decade
>>
>>80280877
Better idea: when they inevitably do Darkseid in JL 1 or 2, have Batman captured at the end as a cliffhanger, then the Batman movie between that can be What the Butler Saw from Final Crisis, except expanded right out, and maybe include nods to the different Batmans of cinema as well. In fact then they could do SUperman: Beyond as well.
>>
>>80294575
Not even fucking close.
>>
>>80280100
This.
>>
File: jdoITwR[1].jpg (3 MB, 1972x8288) Image search: [Google]
jdoITwR[1].jpg
3 MB, 1972x8288
>>
I want a really good Aquaman and Flash movie, thats all I want. Hoping to see Black Manta and the Rogues somewhere down the line, maybe Boomerang cameoing in The Flash like a running gag
>>
No hopes whatsoever. I expect I'll still manage to be disappointed some how.
>>
>>80296504
Sounds like a self fulfilling prophecy. You'll find something to be disappointed about regardless of the quality of the movie.
>>
>>80279902
>What are your hopes?
That they fire Snyder

>Your expectations?
Nonsense overall plot. Pretty good Batman material. Yet another complete misunderstanding and lack of interest in Superman.
>>
>>80296619
The inverse is also true.
>>
>>80296447
Tracking is looking somewhere around or a bit above Man of Steel, which makes Aquaman and Flash solo movies less likely, but you never know. And at least you got a fun Flash TV show.
>>
>>80296926
We aren't getting the initial tracking numbers until Thursday.
>>
I hope its really good and not as divisive as MoS. Lots of people loved MoS, lots hated it.

All my friends are extremely hyped for this movie non comic book fans and comic book fans, I am afraid they are overhyping it and expecting it to be the best thing over and it will fall short and I'm going to look like a supes fag who likes shit movies.
>>
>>80297083
thought some prelims where saying 105-140 opening. MoS got 116.
>>
>>80297125
That was a 'report' clickbait article that rival studios were tracking it low. You won't know tracking numbers until this week at the earliest.
>>
>>80296760
Not pandering to the idea that he needs to be a flawless Mary Sue is not a god damn misunderstanding of the character you fucking prick.
>>
>>80294474
It was only Oscar worthy because Ledger died.
>>
>>80299938
Cool baseless assumption, anon.
>>
File: 132306208074.png (241 KB, 640x479) Image search: [Google]
132306208074.png
241 KB, 640x479
>>80279902
I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
>>
>>80279902
>Hopes
That it can be as good as good as the DCAU
>Expectations
About as shit as the stuff we've seen before in this movie universe.
>>
>>80279902
it will be fun, I will enjoy it.
>>
>>80280877
>No Red Hood horseshit of course
Sorry, casuals eat that shit up so we're getting it.
>>
>>80296248
>missed the kick
Bruce is fucked
>>
>>80296760
>and lack of interest in Superman.
>Entire movie revolves around him
>>
>>80296760
>Yet another complete misunderstanding and lack of interest in Superman.
I'm actually not too worried about this, since the entire conclusion of the conflict relies on Superman being so good of a person that even cranky, paranoid Batman ends up befriending him.
The trailers clearly show Batman to be in the wrong.
>>
>>80279902
Hope: solid 7 out of 10, held back only because WB is trying too hard to compete with Avengers.

Expectations: Bat-wank to the max. Bat-wank might even deliver something good, but overall shallow experience.
>>
>>80283008
BORN ON A MONDAY
>>
>>80296248
>all the vibrant colors in the comic turned into greyish blur
>>
>>80279902
I liked MoS (7/10) but I think Superman should be trying to save people. He did save the earth but he came off as cold and pragmatic. I guess Shazam could fulfil the role of the idealist on the team. If we don't get that we're going to have hundreds of clickbait articles because the JL didn't save every single person with a Deus Ex Machina the screenwriters pulled from their asses.
>>
>>80279902
I actually believe BvS will be good. NOT because of Zack Snyder but because of Fong, Terrio and Affleck along with a slew of other actors whose work I enjoy immensely. The biggest problem with MoS was the script, which was written by Goyer who is gone.

I want actual villains, not business men who go crazy half way through the film for no reason.

I want films that have unique tones. All the MCU films have the same tone. There is no reason Batman and Shazam/Flash should have the same tone. I like the route they're going with Aquaman.

Flashpoint. Its my favourite Flash story. Don't need it to completely change the universe. Just some MILF Joker, Aquaman vs WW, great Flash moments and killer Batman.

This is dumb but I'd love if in Shazam, Billy calls himself Captain Marvel but at the end its revealed that an unnamed mega corporation has trademarked the Captain Marvel name after hearing of his exploits and is going to make a movie about him but with a female protagonist.
>>
>>80291711
>Dawn of the Dead
Legitimately his best movie, but it's just a remake and his style just perfectly matched

>300
Followed the comics panel by panel and also matched his style

>Watchmen
Only reason it's any good is the source material

I don't expect BvS to be over 60%
>>
Zack Snyder is a genius, a Christlike figure sacrificing himself to bring the best movies this century

300 was a masterpiece - it took me 7 years to realize this
Watchmen was a masterpiece - it took me 5 years to realize this
Man of Steel was a masterpiece - it took me 2 years to realize this

Batman v Superman will be my first Snyder masterpiece experienced directly in theaters. Airbus IMAX in Chantilly thursday premier, would love to meet fellow /co/bblers. Okay, not really
>>
File: mask.jpg (310 KB, 1598x831) Image search: [Google]
mask.jpg
310 KB, 1598x831
>Bale's Batman
>gigantic lump on right eye corner
>Affleck's Batman
>gigantic lump on right cheek
Coincidence?
>>
>>80279902
>What are your hopes?
For it to not be shit.
>Your expectations?
For it to be shit.

Fuck Snyder, he's DC's Whedon except not even casuals eat his shit up.
>>
>>80307900
Whedon tapped out - couldnt handle it anymore
based Zack is literally being drained as we speak but he's still in it for the long haul
>>
>>80307352
Fuck off Snyder cultist
>>
>>80307352
>>80308021
Samefag
>>
File: or the villain.png (57 KB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
or the villain.png
57 KB, 260x260
It's going to be a bait and switch that meant to shift Supes' status quo among Batman-crazed audiences
>>
>>80303651
No other aspect of the character was ignored in MOS.
>>
>>80294588
>>80280877
Nah. I think Red Hood might work as a solo Batman movie - we still don't know if there'll be any Jason references in BvS/SS, so it still might work provided we get some solid grounding for the character. Personally, I think we need a Dickbats movie w/ either Tim or Damian - we've been getting Bruce Wayne for years now, and it's time to change things up a little. Have Bruce die at the end of JL part 2, Final Crisis style, and go from there.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.