[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shit /co/ I just remembered this show existed. God damn was that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6
File: disney_fillmore.jpg (96 KB, 642x479) Image search: [Google]
disney_fillmore.jpg
96 KB, 642x479
Shit /co/ I just remembered this show existed. God damn was that kid hard boiled
>>
>>80277830
ohh fuck ya he was
>>
>>80277830
There's an Asian girl with dyed hair
>>
Why was everyone on this show a tryhard? They literally tried too much everytime.
>>
FILMORE!
>>
>>80278529
Well, yeah. The driving joke of the show is that everyone takes everything completely seriously.
>>
>>80278764
Honestly that made the show for me. That's why it was so entertaining to watch. They lived in some fantastical middle school world where it was basically an autonomous community as diverse and populated as a city.
>>
1 of the best shows made by Disney
>>
>>80278764
I loved that. They wrote it like an actual cop show but just gave them bicycles.

"Your chicken? It was dry."
>>
Here it is. The greatest moment in the whole series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Tl0Tp3NgRU
>>
>>80278764
Which is a pretty accurate depiction of how young teens and preteens often view the world. When your whole life is just school and your home town, everything seems incredibly significant.

Recess and that horror-comedy Detention do this really well too. There's a great line in Detention where someone says a bomb is going to destroy the whole world, when someone else points out that it will only blow up the town, the kids agree that from their perspective there's no difference.
>>
File: Stumpy. I need your waxer.webm (2 MB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
Stumpy. I need your waxer.webm
2 MB, 512x384
>>80277830
>>
I fear there will never be another show like this
>>
I got a matrix, men in black type of vibes from this show at times.
I really wish I saw this show as a kid. Where was it?
>>
>>80279539
Disney and ABC iirc
>>
File: 1453143775949.jpg (3 KB, 119x133) Image search: [Google]
1453143775949.jpg
3 KB, 119x133
>that episode where a girl faked being crippled
>>
the fact that the dude who created this now runs the walking dead is still so bizarre to me like what a strange career, scott gimple
>>
>that Hannibal Lector kid in solitary detention who escapes with nothing but a mascara pen
>those insane scawls in his empty cell
That episode still manages to give me the creeps
>>
>>80279944
Flava sava
>>
>>80280060
Randal the Vandal
>>
>>80279944
I loved the guy from the pilot who pinned his crimes on his number two. Only perp to escape Filmore and Ingrid and they never used him again.
>>
>>80279022
Shit, that Kid is coooold.
and I love it
>>
>>80280364

I still think it's a waste they never used him again, he could have been the Lex Luthor to Filmore's Superman
>>
Damn shame this series didn't get more seasons.

The episode where Fillmore goes under cover playing Putt Putt was my favorite.
>>
>>80278764
>>80278920
>>80278997
>>80279061
The term is "larger-than-life" and it fucking made Fillmore as good as it was.
>>
>>80279621
Wat
>>
>>80279593
>That one episode where the girl faked her disappearance so she could ditch the cheerleaders.

Also

>Episodes that lampooned the fuck out of Fandoms and SJWs before they were a thing.

>Episode where Prince Zuko was a politician out to replace the Safety Patrol and a bike theft ringleader.

I liked that the threat of the Safety Patrol being disbanded was a near constant thing.
>>
>>80281993
That School was Epic. I can see Randy Cunningham being in the same county since that school was also Super Huge.
>>
>>80281372
They were probably saving him for the season 2 that never happened.
>>
>>80282087
That was a big thing in 70s cop shows, the protagonists never had the full resources that should be available to them because the civil government was always looking to shut down their task force/department.
>>
I loved that the middle school was larger and had more amenities than a fucking college campus.
>>
>>80283162
They had abandoned parts of the campus and whole areas we only heard about.

Also about Three known criminal syndicates and a number of dealers of the various contraband school items.
>>
Found a torrent of the series on PB, pray to god this works. It's shame it never got any kind of official release.
>>
>you will never be a student at X Middle School
>>
>>80283708
Here anon

https://mega.nz/#F!fkxFHJzQ!TRrb5gl6xmaKoPblJkzJFQ
>>
>>80283749
I think your URL is missing a few pieces.
>>
>>80283801
Thank you based anon.
>>
>>80283811
>>80283801
Fixed it
>>
>>80277830
Well, it was Eustace's love child from a famous R&B singer from the 1940's.
>>
>Fillmore's rap sheet includes "milk counterfeiting."
How the fuck does that even work?
>>
>>80284172
I'm hoping its just remarking Low Grade Skim as Chocolate. Else wise I don't wanna know.
>>
File: Genuine_Animal_Milk.png (167 KB, 443x338) Image search: [Google]
Genuine_Animal_Milk.png
167 KB, 443x338
>>80284172
>>
>>80278529
That was the idea basically, hall monitor = serious business desu.
>>
Did any of your schools even have safety patrols? What did they do? What kind of power could they possibly wield?
>>
>>80279621
>Gimple co-wrote the script of Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance alongside Seth Hoffman and David S. Goyer.

WEW
E
W
>>
>>80277830
It's like CSI for kids.
>>
Funny when i first watched the movie "Brick" i automatically thought of this show. I'm a sucker for the whole hardboiled detective/noir old chool cop show thing. This show did it surprisingly well too. Plus the characters had some cool sounding fucking names. Cornelius Fillmore, and Ingrid Third.
>>
>>80277830
What kind of fucking budget did that school have?
>>
File: 1368492664209.jpg (22 KB, 240x311) Image search: [Google]
1368492664209.jpg
22 KB, 240x311
>Ingrid
>>
>>80284702

He also wrote Simpsons comics
>>
>>80285648
More like CSI for adults. Shit's a lot smarter than CSI.

I liked that die hard episode, where a bunch of kids are trying to steal a maths answer sheet on a day when School X is closed due to snow. So it's fFllmore against 4 kids that desperately need a pass. He ends up convincing them to study because that's the honorable thing to do, and they all go home.

In the end of the episode, Filmore is leaving the math's classroom after sleeping there all night guarding the test and the teacher asks him if he learned anything during the day out and Filmore looks to the teacher with that cool 70's look and says:

>The Value of X is constant.

I fucking thought that was unironically the coolest most badass thing I had ever heard say when I was 9 or 10. I wish I had been older to truly appreciate it on my first watch.
>>
>>80284172
With Vitamin R
>>
>>80285648
Eh, more something like Miami Vice or Lethal Weapon.
>>
wasn't Ingrid in American Dragon?
>>
>"On February 17, 2016, Brown was arrested in Torrance, California, and charged with misdemeanor domestic battery, obstruction of justice, drug possession with intent to sell, and having contraband in jail."
Looks like Fillmore went back to being a delinquent.
>>
Filmore was great.
>>
This show is the literal definition of "Too smart for the intended audience"

Most kids just don't have the proper reference point to appreciate 80% of the jokes in this show, it seriously reads like it was written specifically for adults who would actually be able to grasp the running joke of "It's just like a crime-procedural, but with kids"

I want to lament that it didn't get more episodes than it did, but at the same time I don't know if I can say that it 'deserved' more episodes, I just don't think it could ever have been popular enough with kids to keep running.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.