[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Marvel revives the "Timely Comics" brand as reprint label
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
File: Timely_Comics_Logo.png (167 KB, 1234x239) Image search: [Google]
Timely_Comics_Logo.png
167 KB, 1234x239
In June, Marvel will release the first batch of "Timely Comics" which are reprints of three-issues-in-one of select ongoings at $3.00.

>Steve's new shield used as logo
kek
>>
Here are the titles that will get the Timely Comics treatment:
>All-New, All-Different Avengers
>All-New Inhumans
>Carnage
>Daredevil
>Drax (#3's sales numbers according to Comichron are below the cancellation threshold of 20,000)
>Doctor Strange
>Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur (last issue sold lower than Drax)
>New Avengers
>Scarlet Witch
>Squadron Supreme
>Totally Awesome Hulk
>Ultimates
>Uncanny Inhumans
>Venom Space Knight
>Web Warriors
>>
>>80277323
>no x-men
I am not surprise anymore
>>
These reprints are content-wise half-TPBs. Here are the prices of the Vol. 1 TPBs of the listed titles, what the prices would have "normally" been if those TPBs were cut in half and the price difference with the Timely Comics ones:
>All-New, All-Different Avengers: $19.99 ($9.99, -$6.99)
>All-New Inhumans: $15.99 ($7.99, -$4.99)
>Carnage: $15.99 ($7.99, -$4.99)
>Daredevil: $15.99 ($7.99, -$4.99)
>Drax: $15.99 ($7.99, -$4.99)
>Doctor Strange [HC]: $24.99 ($12.50, -$9.50)
>Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur: $17.99 ($8.99, -$5.99)
>New Avengers: $15.99 ($7.99, -$4.99)
>Scarlet Witch [Amazon sauce]: $19.99 ($9.99, -$6.99)
>Squadron Supreme: $15.99 ($7.99, -$4.99)
>Totally Awesome Hulk [Amazon sauce]: $19.99 ($9.99, -$6.99)
>Ultimates [Amazon sauce]: $17.99 ($8.99, -$5.99)
>Uncanny Inhumans: $17.99 ($8.99, -$5.99)
>Venom Space Knight [Amazon sauce]: $19.99 ($9.99, -$6.99)
>Web Warriors: $15.99 ($7.99, -$4.99)
>>
File: Timely_Comics_Scarlet_Witch[1].jpg (125 KB, 650x987) Image search: [Google]
Timely_Comics_Scarlet_Witch[1].jpg
125 KB, 650x987
Marvel registered the "Timely Comics" trademark around May of last year.
>>
This is a good idea
>>
>>80277334
However, Marvel's second printing program (which can affect every title) will continue..
>>
File: 47146.jpg (70 KB, 248x252) Image search: [Google]
47146.jpg
70 KB, 248x252
>>
>>80277385
...unless someone is very new to Marvel.
>>
>>80277381
but still no x-men, for god sake they putting a new characters ( moon girl ) in the first printing program, and the mutants used to be the face of marvel.

>>80277408
well i am new to marvel, is this suposse to be a code or something ?
>>
>>80277334
No Vision either after pushing it so hard

You think theyre salty about King's exclusive?
>>
>>80277430
>but still no x-men
All #1s of ongoing X-Books (and most of the following issues) have second printings, but no Timely treatment.

>is this suposse to be a code or something ?
No, that's about physical reprints.
>>
>>80277486
Looks like Marvel has been canceling a lot of second printings, wonder if they plan to just do more Timely reprints

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02/26/marvel-cancel-more-second-prints-spider-man-spider-gwen-captain-marvel-captain-america-and-hulk/
>>
>>80277408
>>80277430
>new
Marvel Unlimited is still a better deal.
>>
>>80277475
with in a recent interview with CBR Axel Alonso say "is a shame, I was expecting vision to go on after issue 12 with Tom" and didnt mention anything if the comic is going to continue after issue 12
>>
>>80277314
>reprints of three-issues-in-one

So it's basically DC's 100 page reprint program with ongoing books. Are these meant to be merely samplers or will they keep collecting the series in this format? Because this sounds like a perfect way to kill sales on trades.
>>
>>80277314
Sweet, we already get this in the UK with Batman, Justice League, Wolverine & Deadpool, Spider-Man, Avengers and X-Men. They're a decent bit behind but you get a nice big chuck compared to floppies.

>>80277600
They don't replace Trades but they're good for younger kids who don't know where to start and don't have any local comic shops since you can find them supermarkets, magazine stores and corner shops.
>>
>>80277314
>In June, Marvel will release the first batch of "Timely Comics" which are reprints of three-issues-in-one
Cool

>select ongoings
Why?
>>
>>80277652
And also when people come in and want to buy backissues they don't get price gouged by the asshole retailers.
>>
This is a step in the right direction I believe. Solves the issue of not enough value in floppies for the price and doesn't cost Marvel anything since they are just reprints. I can see myself picking up a couple of these for books I'm not normally interested in.
>>
Here's the PR from Marvel:

>They’re the comics everyone is talking about, and now is your chance to hop on board before you get left in the dust! Marvel is proud to announce TIMELY COMICS, a new publishing initiative debuting this June! Timely Comics is a new imprint of titles specifically designed to get you caught up with hot new Marvel titles.

>Reprinting the first three issues of select titles at a suggested retail price of $3.00, TIMELY COMICS will take you on a path through the restored Marvel Universe! Whether it’s the formation of the Avengers, Daredevil’s fight for Chinatown, the birth of the Totally Awesome Hulk – TIMELY COMICS has it all and so much more!

>Look for these TIMELY COMICS coming to comic shops throughout the month of June: >>80277323

>The titles that sold out everywhere and burned up the charts are back, so don’t miss out on them now! Your favorite new series awaits, so get 72 giant pages of action, adventure and excitement with TIMELY COMICS – three issues for just $3.00!
>>
Well, this is actually bretty gud. Kudos to Marvel.
>>
>>80277716
>comic shops
See this is a problem. These should be going out to anywhere that stocks magazines or childrens magazines, like this anon said
>>80277652
>>
>>80277754
>implying those Timely reprints would be counted by Diamond as "collected editions"
>>
>>80277546
>someone saving Ike Perlmutter money
Someone's getting an extra minute added to their lunch break!
>>
>>80277652
Yeah, and they're not actually that far behind for us
Batman has Batman, B&R and Eternal
http://titanmagazines.com/t/batman/
Gotham Central(Formerly known as Batman Arkham and The Dark Knight) has Detective, back issues of Gotham Central and Arkham Knight
http://titanmagazines.com/t/batman-arkham/
Batman/Superman has Batman/Superman, Injustice and Superman/Superman unchained
http://titanmagazines.com/t/batman-superman/
Supergirl (currently Supergirl, BoP and Batgirl) to cash in on the series
http://titanmagazines.com/t/dc-universe/
Flash (with Harley Quinn weirdly enough)
http://titanmagazines.com/t/dc-super-heroes/
And Justice League which has a lotta Justice Leagues and other stories like GL and Wonderwoman
http://titanmagazines.com/t/dc-universe/
>>
>>80277323
>no X Men

lol
>>
>>80277314
>which are reprints of three-issues-in-one of select ongoings at $3.00.

Wowitsfuckingnothing
>>
>>80277314
That's pretty cool, anything that could get comics to people at a relatively cheap price is good.
>>
>>80277475
I doubt it's salt, more that the book simply isn't going to continue without him so no reason to invest in this, the collected version should be fine.

Feels like one of those books that should just end once King leaves, start a new Vision volume if you want another book. A relaunch to #1 would make sense there.
>>
This could've been a good opportunity to get kids and normies back into comics.

Good intention, but bad execution destined to fail.

>not bringing these $3 reprints back into news-stands
>oversaturation - should be only "core" books (that dont get cancelled after 2 issues): Cap, Iron-Man, Hulk, Avengers, Spidey, X-Men, Wolverine and Deadpool
>>
This is actually a really good idea, as some anon previously mentioned, this is perfect for kids. The 100-page spectacular reprints that DC puts out were my bread and butter when I was a kid. Lots of content for a little bit of money. That said, why current ongoings???
>>
>>80277716
wait so this is just a one time thing?

Like we get a Timely Comics Totally Awesome Hulk #1 (with the first 3 Hulk issues) but not a #2 (with 4-6) in hopes we jump on the trades or regular floppies?

fuck dis shit
>>
This is almost definitely a reaction to DC's Rebirth one-shot being 80 pages for $2.99.

Hell, when do these Timely Comics compilations come out? If they're timed to be released alongside the Rebirth one-shot, then that's definitely a dick move on Marvel's part.
>>
>>80279882
>Marvel
>dick move

News at 11
>>
>>80279882
>>80279957
Calm down kids, they're just reprints of the failed comics to makeup sales
>>
>>80277314
Think they'll come with digital codes?
>>
>>80277716
>>They’re the comics everyone is talking about, and now is your chance to hop on board before you get left in the dust!

Nice PR from the 1990's.
>>
File: successdexter.jpg (115 KB, 774x800) Image search: [Google]
successdexter.jpg
115 KB, 774x800
>>80277314
The end of the floppy meme is near us, my friends! Slow and steady we sail
>>
>>80279957
What did they not have enough variants or something
>>
>>80277587
I honestly doubt it was even planned out for more than 12
>>
Or they could like.. you know.. advertise their trades which they've already printed and stuff...
>>
I don't know why everybody's complaining about these not being released on newsstands. Marvel are the only comics I DON'T see at, say, on the stands at Barnes and Noble.
>>
>>80281344
That's because they used to do that and nobody bought them, so they stopped. I think it was such a waste of time and money that it literally took several months before anybody even realized that Marvel had stopped delivering their new issues to Barnes and Noble. That's how little anybody paid attention to then, let alone bought them.
>>
>>80277692
Which is funny because I haven't heard of anything that they're reprinting being sold out.
>>
>>80280067
Anyone?
>>
>>80279822
they're not going to cannibalize their trade sales and sour relationship with retailer by undercutting back issue sales

so yeah 1st 3 issues only, it just something to replace Marvel's not so popular True Believers reprint line with a similar priced item.
>>
> Moon Girl at 18k.

b-but diversity.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.