[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a treat for you /co/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7
File: stupidshit.jpg (307 KB, 600x3076) Image search: [Google]
stupidshit.jpg
307 KB, 600x3076
I have a treat for you /co/
>>
>>80273246
They do understand that the 60's Batman show was parody, right?

I wish I could say the same for Nolan Bats.
>>
>>80273246
LOL
>>
>>80273466

>the 60's Batman show was parody

Not really. It was camp, and Batman was a lot campier back in the '60s than you'd like to think he was. Also, Batman didn't gain his reputation as the brooding Caped Crusader until well after the '60s series ended.
>>
>>80273246
>Adam West Batman was too goofy
>Tim Burton Batman was too dark
>Schumacher Batman was too goofy
>Nolan Batman was too dark
Batfags are the worst and don't know what they want.
>>
>>80273246
>WAAAAHHHHH WHY DO SUOERHEROES HAVE TO EVER BE DARK! WAAAAHHH WHY CAN'T EVERYTHING BE GUNDROPS AND RAINBOWS WAAAAHHHH
Goddamn these faggots are annoying. And I actually love Batman '66. Between these babies and Kate Leth being triggered by every cape-related media not being G-rated, makes me fear for the future.
>>
>>80273604

And why do superheroes have to be dark and "adult"? Why can't we have more superhero books like the Marvel Adventures line?
>>
>>80273246
Adam West actually was fit, though, just not Mister Universe tier. The reason why he seems dumpy is the high waist on the briefs and the placement of the bat logo. It tricks the eyes.
>>
>>80273645
Superheroes don't have to be dark. Just like Superheroes don't have to be light-hearted. They can be whatever. But then we have people like you and Kate Leth who want to start campaigns to censor everything because it triggers you so much. You are like the Jack Thompson of this decade. Not everyone wants superheroes to be like my little pony like you. Some people like Invincible and Modnighter. And it's their right to enjoy that. But because those comics trigger you, you want to erase them.
>>
>>80273645
Because kids don't buy comics.
>>
>>80273246
Can't tell if they being ironic or went full retard mode.
>>
>>80273716
*Midnighter
>>
i just can't stand batman as a character. i can deal with adult stories. i can deal with violence and serious themes in comics. but it's so heavy-handed and unnecessary that it's almost patronizing?

if batman being 2edgy4me wasn't bad enough, he's written as ridiculously overpowered in situations that he absolutely should not be. and just because it's the norm now because he's one of the most recognizable and popular characters of all time, doesn't mean that it makes any narrative sense.

learn to take yourself a little less seriously
>>
>>80273466
There was nothing to parody back in those days, mate.

It was just camp.

Christ, it's a hallmark of 'camp.'
>>
>>80273716

jesus fucking christ, saying that "comics don't have to be edgy and grim!" isn't the same as wanting to censor them you mongloid. i like midnighter. it's an entertaining book. i don't like batman.
>>
>>80273246
yeah okay but I chuckled at the holy trinity church thing
>>
was there supposed to be a joke

this is just a series of statements in comic form
>>
>>80273716

>But then we have people like you and Kate Leth who want to start campaigns to censor everything because it triggers you so much.

...sumbitch, please. I ain't about censorship; fuck anyone who is. I'm all for publishers having the right to publish whatever they want. They wanna publish an "R-rated" Superman story? I can't stop 'em. The best I can do is criticize the decision to publish such a story.

I'd rather see a healthy middle ground where superhero stories can dip into serious subject while keeping a "light-hearted" tone or otherwise avoid going Full Edgelord. But that's personal preference, and it has no business becoming "the standard" for any given publisher.

And you'd do well to remember that I abhor censorship. Someone who champions censorship is someone who doesn't get on my good side.
>>
File: 1456133774764.jpg (28 KB, 493x310) Image search: [Google]
1456133774764.jpg
28 KB, 493x310
>>80273246
I dont understand.
Why they think that fat batman is better than greek god batman? Are they implying its bad? Why? Because it damages little womens safe zones or some shit?
Fuck this is such a bullshit.
And WHY they think that only Nolan made a muscled Batman?
Batman got ripped off even in pre 90s era.

THEN is quite retarded.
because THEN could be 80s too when Joker went crazy few times and Batman was having muscles.
Or 70s.
Why feminazies dont even read stuff they critisizing.
>>
>>80273246
I don't see how that's a treat
>>
>>80273246
>bottommost left panel

Ualuealuealeuale
>>
File: image.jpg (205 KB, 842x595) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
205 KB, 842x595
>>80273246
Don't forget about that lazy hack Grant Morrison.
>>
>>80273246
Both are fucking GREAT and I will fite anyone who says otherwise.
>>
>>80273554
We want live action Timmverse Batman
>>
File: 1447446463778.jpg (2 MB, 800x2650) Image search: [Google]
1447446463778.jpg
2 MB, 800x2650
is this what we're doing now?
>>
>>80273810
>Superhero says BRUSH YOUR TEETS
>it's better than
>Superhero being honest and fighting criminals + social drama and satire
I keep thinking that they are not actually that retarded. Just want to get more clicks/likes by using popular themes (social justice+modern western comic industry)
>>
>>80273795
>Feminists using logic
>being surprised when they take stuff out of context to fit their nazi agenda
These are the same seals that worship Anita Sarkeesian, who takes Hitman footage (stolen from other let's players) and twists it to say that it's brainwashing gamers into killing women.
>>
>>80273554
>Adam West Batman was too goofy
The only people who say this are homosexuals like you.

You homosexual.
>>
>>80273840
>SEXIST
>HOMOPHOBIC
>RACIST
im gay and i want to punch that retard in a face.
Every time i see another cuck using "this [thing] is HOMOPHOBIC" i want to do that. Because they just using popular problems to get attention like this >>80273850 person said.

Kinda the same shit that was happening when that crappy Adam Sandler movie "Pixels" came out. Some journalists were writing articles and calling this movie "Mysogynistic, Homophobic and Racist" while even if im gay and watched that and wasn't damn offended by anything homophobic in that movie. I havent even noticed any of that.
>>
>>80273716
Saying that you're an edgy manchild isn't censorship. By all means, you have the right to write, publish, and support whatever you want. But you need to understand that everyone else has a right to say that a thing is retarded and silly.

It has to go both ways. Everyone has a right to call everyone else retarded.
>>
>>80273246
I'm surprised Andrew Dobson didnt write this.
>>
>>80273880

Any actual offense you may have felt is irrelevant to the objective fact that some jokes in "Pixels" are rooted in sexism, racism, and homophobia. Such jokes receive criticism because they're lazy and cheap - any ass can make a "women, amirite" joke - and because they "punch down".

And before you bitch about the "punch down" terminology: no, I'm not retarded enough to believe all comedy has to "punch up" - but if you're going to "punch down", you better make goddamn sure that your jokes aren't lazy bullshit.
>>
>>80273880
To be fair, "Pixels" is offensive to everybody.
>>
>>80273883
you don't have the right to call anyone or anything retarded it is offensive and ableist

>>80273880
you actually watched Pixels? you retard
>>
>>80273924

>you don't have the right to call anyone or anything retarded

Actually, we do. Yay First Amendment!

What other people have is the right to call that terminology offensive, explain why it's offensive, and ask that you reconsider using it. Yay First Amendment!
>>
>>80273246
>posting Dorkly
They are kotaku-tier of clickbait. I'm surprised they didn't add the Joker/Batgirl cover in there.
>>
>>80273924
Stay mad kid.
>>80273903
It's a bad movie. That's pretty much it.
No need to crybaby about that. It's not like it raped your mom or something.
>>80273901
I don't even know if you b8-ting or was too blind to read what i wrote.
>>
>>80273948

I read what you said. And by the by, threatening - or using - violence to make people stop saying certain things? That's a form of censorship.
>>
DUDE THINGS WERE DIFFERENT HALF A CENTURY AGO LMAO
>>
>>80273948
he's not b8-ing he's just a retarded tripfag filter and move on
>>
>>80273246
>>80273554
It's amazing how quickly the wheel turns. One minute TDK is praised and loved by all. Next minute it's the holocaust of superhero films for not having a dance off.
>>
>>80273970
IKR XDDD

like for fucks sake. People who grew up with 60s batman dont even watch superhero movies anymore. Or dont even exist.
>>
>>80273246
>>80273935
somebody post the comic with the girl wanting to play a single player imported game with too guys
>>
>>80274018
>Girl wants to play
>with guys
Jesus, she might as well put a sign that says "RAPE ME". Women in gaming, what else to expect?
>>
>>80273246
>That's not how Ledger or Leto look
>comparing regular suit to armor
>Damian doesn't exist.
>>
>>80274044
go home gamer girl
>>
>>80273246
The Adam West series was the pinnacle of Batman as a franchise.
>>
>>80273246
the first batman had a gun(kille with that gun) and was emo as shit, he was dark because the entire comic emulated the noir format, the funny batman was just another version
>>
>>80274132
Comics are not related to Batman.
>>
Am I the only one that thinks both versions are good in their own right and that acting like only one or the other can exist is setting up a false dilemma? Dark and serious Batman's had actual artistic merit and those comics have been some of the most influential works, camp Batman is silly and that's fun. There's no need for either to compromise or become more like the other, no middle ground is necessary because both works can coexist just like all other fucking media.
>>
>>80273793
>Someone who champions censorship is someone who doesn't get on my good side.

kek, you for real?
filtered
>>
>>80273554

I'm a Batfag and I like all of them. Anyone who says that shit probably doesn't even read comics.
>>
>>80274281

You actually like Schumacher's Batman movies? Really?
>>
>>80274297

Yes. I saw them as a kid and loved them. I still do, I think they're both hilarious.
>>
>>80274297
Not that anon, but so bad it's fun?

George Clooney probably still practices apologizing for it in the mirror.
>>
>>80273795
>it was made by a woman (I had to check) therefore it must have a feminist agenda
>>
>>80273795

I'm pretty sure ripped/sexy Batman became a popular thing during O'Neil's run, which was in the 70s.
>>
>>80274399
but anon
YOU was made by a woman
>>
>>80273501
>>80273763
You guys really have no clue what you're talking about. You realize this show was 5 years after comics like Fantastic Four and Amazing Spider-Man had totally changed the direction comics were going tonally? The show was made as a sendup of 50's Batman. "Camp" was never taken seriously by anyone, it was all just for fun. That's why it has all those constant winks and nods to the audience and celebrity cameos.
>>
>>80273501
>>80273763
Leave it to a bunch of autists to not understand what a parody is.
>>
File: 1453792628362.jpg (46 KB, 800x530) Image search: [Google]
1453792628362.jpg
46 KB, 800x530
>implying camp bats and regular bats aren't separate continuities
>>
>>80274004
You've never heard of reruns?
>>
DON'T

RESPOND

TO

BAIT

FUCKING RETARDS
>>
File: 1448484649690.png (473 KB, 726x605) Image search: [Google]
1448484649690.png
473 KB, 726x605
Damian is the best Robin after Dick to be honest.
>>
>>80273933
....you...
ahem
You SAW the fact that he immediately called someone a retard right?
>>
>>80274321
Ugh...
I mean sure the whichever one had Riddler and TwoFace was fun and pretty cool but i was 6 when Batman and Robin came out and i though it was bad then.
>>
>>80273716
I like Superman, Batman, Invincible, Midnighter, as well as many other characters with conflicting ideologies that work best when they aren't written like tonal clones of one another.

I can laugh my ass off at Midnighter pulling out a goon's spinal chord, and be upset at Superman being written to only be able to save the day by snapping Zod's neck, because they are different characters. They operate differently and have different lines they are happy to cross and others they are not. Zack may have unintentionally not fucked up by having Clark's motivation for trying to stop Batman be that Batman crosses lines Clark feels shouldn't be crossed. That stylistic disagreement between how they operate has been a source of infighting whether significant or purely for humor for years. What that says to me is that if characters can disagree over being different than there is nothing wrong with minding a seeming effort to make them more similar, because they should be different.

Certain characters exist purely because writers were curious what other characters would operate like within different circumstances because whether the writer knew this, or an editor did, someone knew that certain characters doing certain things was out of character. The stories and premises were absolutely worth telling and exploring, just not with certain characters. So, instead of making Batman and Superman gay for each other, and willing and eager to kill, we get Midnighter and Apollo. Instead of Superman gets tired of humanity's bullshit and decides to destroy the world instead, we get Plutonian.

Personally, I wouldn't mind taking characters to different, even admittedly edgier places if not for the fact that there are already other characters better suited to explore those waters that do not come with as much red tape.
>>
>>80275479
Preach, brother.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.