[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Future Of Cartoons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5
File: images (1).jpg (15 KB, 512x287) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
15 KB, 512x287
Will Netflix ever become big like CN, Disney XD and Nickelodeon? Will new people in the animation industry be able to show and eventually make a big cartoon for example Avatar to appear in Netflix?
>>
>>80267204
Nothing will ever be as big as Disney
>>
They already produced the best cartoon of the last 5 years.
>>
>>80267270
And that is??
>>
>>80267397
Bojack Horseman
>>
>>80267204
only time will tell
>>
>>80267204
That's where I'll pitch my idea, I put a lot of faith in them
>>
They basically ARE bigger than all those. Kids watch Netflix way more than they watch TV these days.

The only thing they have over Netflix is a bigger pool of original content, but that's not gonna last long as the networks desperately rerun two or three shows all day long so nobody is gonna bother submitting anymore.

Netflix doesn't have the problem of shows having to compete with each other.
>>
>>80267204
I'am currently in a animation school. I have a very great idea for a cartoon in my head. Its a sci-fi show but because its gonna be an action show i doubt CN will pick it up. So i'll try and see if i can do it on Netflix. It doesn't need Tlok tier budget for animation. Maybe Young Justice level
>>
>>80267742
>young justice level
Good luck with that XD
>>
>>80267204
>XD
gb2reddit, faggot
>>
>>80267881
Who knows? Just recently Netflix ordered 12 episodes of a new original Anime.
>>
>>80267936
Obviously he was suggesting you take it to Disney XD!

:P
>>
>>80267204

I sincerely hope so, because network restrictions and demands are the cancer killing cartoons nowadays.
>>
>>80267204
Already has Dreamworks on the Hook for 300 plus hours of Content

Has MIR and Titmouse at hand producing shows. May revive a Liked but poorly executed DCNation show.

Has Earmarked Millions of Dollars per episodes for budgets going forward with plans to use Japanese Studios just like the 80s and 90s Networks did.

Writers have a free hand at writing more connected story lines due to batch release schedule as well as more open towards humor and subject matter with less stringent S&P

They are going to be the Next True Successor to Fox Kids.
>>
>>80267204
They need to diversify their animated content beyond adult comedies and adult kids.

Shows like Voltron, Trollhuters, that frog one, and maybe Stretch Armstrong might changed that. Young Justice too, if they end up getting the rights.
>>
>>80268035
I did hear that Netflix apparently pushed Bill Burr to make his show F is for Family more serialized and interconnected than he wanted, which is a shame if true.

I'm glad Netflix has allowed the overarching narrative to make a big comeback but it shouldn't be at the expense of episodic shows.
>>
That would be the best thing for cartoons at this point.

No longer would they live and die by toy sales or the stupid executive meddling.

>>80268047
>Young Justice too, if they end up getting the rights.

I think that would lead to a sorta renaissance for serialized action cartoons.
>>
>>80267204
For me Netflix is the future of Action Cartoons. If i ever make one myself i'll go and work with them
>>
>>80267408
Bojack is pretty terrible.
>>
>>80268242
Exactly, Young Justice is already very popular on Netflix with that 16-21 demographic. Serialized cartoons are dead on TV because you have to catch every episode and they'd have to give rerun space to it that they could be giving to Spongebob.

With Netflix embracing the whole "binge watching" trend more shows like YJ seem like a perfect fit, and YJ having an established fanbase now makes it more appealing than a totally new show.
>>
File: 1408075893218.jpg (18 KB, 259x240) Image search: [Google]
1408075893218.jpg
18 KB, 259x240
>>80267408
>>
>>80268336
Your taste is objectively shit.
>>
>>80268428
It's a typical middlebrow dramedy about a midlife crisis.
>>
>>80268242
>>80268379
I'll be up for it if it meant GL:TAS and even Beware would return as well.
>>
>CN wrote SBT off as a tax break so it can never ever be revived by Netflix
I'm still upset
>>
>>80269449
That's the reason I don't watch TV anymore
>>
>>80269343
See
>>80269449

It's with the tax reaper, though apparently that doesn't affect digital distribution (PSN, iTunes, etc.)

I actually wonder if there are more written shows than we know of.
>>
>>80269522
Sounds serious. Only quads can kill the Tax Reaper.
>>
>>80269522
You mean more written off shows?
>>
>>80269621
>>80269522
All of Canada.
>>
>>80269343
It can only help the chances for GLTAS.
>>
>>80267204
I hope so.

Some of their exclusives have already achieved the kind of popularity you would see on other networks, like Bojack Horseman.
>>
>>80269639
Yes

>>80269719
They'd have to actually put it back on Netflix first.

That's also assuming they didn't write off, but never told anyone. We only know about the others because we asked and they told us.
>>
>>80268242
They will pick up the Avatar franchise if that turns out to be a solid trend.Avatar was always solid numbers for them.
>>
>>80269921
They need to settle their shit with Viacom first.
>>
>>80270001
The new Viacom Chairman CEO Philippe Dauman is really into Digital so a deal likely can be struck between them.
>>
>>80270001
This. Viacom is a fucking nightmare to deal with on a legal basis.
>>
>>80270072
Also Leslie Moonves who is Director of the Bethesda parent company and the man who saved CBS and Canceled Enterprise

is now Chairman of CBS so maybe a Netflix CBS co production Fallout series.
>>
>>80267204
Maybe if they invested more into original content instead of the extremely low-budget sitcoms and rehashes of existing IPs they're doing now.
>>
So what are the actual chances that Netflix picks up Young Justice with Weisman's fans shilling for it 24/7 for the past few weeks?
>>
>>80267742
Should I tell him?

>>80267966
Gonna need a sauce on that.
>>
>>80270352
It depends solely on Warner Bros. on whether they want to make the rights accessible or not.

All I know for sure is that WB has a closer relationship with Hulu.
>>
File: 1394075011864.jpg (13 KB, 253x225) Image search: [Google]
1394075011864.jpg
13 KB, 253x225
>>80267742
>I'am currently in a animation school. I have a very great idea for a cartoon
>Its a sci-fi show
anon i'm so sorry
>>
>>80267742
>I'am currently in a animation school. I have a very great idea for a cartoon in my head.
Red flag here.

>Its a sci-fi show
Uh oh. I hope he's not...

>but because its gonna be an action show
Oh wow, he really is...

>i doubt CN will pick it up.
He really thinks it would make it to the pitch stage...

>So i'll try and see if i can do it on Netflix.
Oh God, this poor kid. He has to be underage.

>It doesn't need Tlok tier budget for animation. Maybe Young Justice level
And I thought it couldn't get worse.
>>
yeah I've got an idea for a cartoon.

it'll be the first western cartoon to make gratuitous use of animated nudity.

I'm talking tits
I'm talking ass
Maybe even a cock or two, who knows, we might surprise you.

The plot is inconsequential something about hip young adults living in the city. I've got a meeting with HBO already.
>>
>>80270756
>>80270681
You know what Netflix could do to crush the competition? Do what Mtv did, or used to. They used to be nothing but a music video channel, until, they gave a bunch of art students a chance to pitch a show, no matter how retarded, it could be about a two dangerous juvenile delinquent metalheads, it doesn't matter, we will air the pilot, if people like it we will run with it. CN, Nick, and Disney aren't hiring any new blood, I think Hirsch and the Star vs. chick are the only ones I can think of, everybody else comes from Adventure Time or is a veteran of the industry.
>>
>>80270876
That's what happens.

Craig was actually starting What a Cartoon Show back up at least in spirit before they fired him and the rest of those that hard started from that production vein.

Craig wanted others to come in the way he had Pitch the show have it animated into a short and see if it worked. But that was all killed in an attempt to get CNReal.
>>
>>80268047
>Stretch Armstrong
For fuck's sake why?
>>
To be honest i've not watched any of their original kids series yet, but they sure have a lot of them.

Though it's quite a leap to do a fully original series with toys and marketing too.
>>
>>80270681
Not the original anon, and I fully understand getting a show is impossible without connections or an absurd resume, but what is the struggle with sci-fi?
>>
>>80270357
Netflix is already testing the waters for commissioning anime originals with a sci-fi series from IG.
http://www.cartoonbrew.com/anime/netflix-announces-production-g-exclusive-anime-series-perfect-bones-137316.html

The cost to produce an anime series is a lot cheaper than a similar kind of western production, though.
>>
>>80271877
>CNreal
Sonofabitch...Snyder you crazy jew bastard. Although Craig could take that idea somewhere else, Netflix, Disney, or that one channel that airs MLP, they can't just ride on one show alone.
>>
>>80272625
My prediction is Netflix is going to partner with Sunrise for a weekly kids series that might fall into that weeb-normie sweespot and have simulcast + simuldubs in at least Japanese/english/French/Spanish and Portuguese
>>
>>80267742
>sci-fi show
>action
best bet, move to another country
>>
>>80272619

Do you really not see how it would be more difficult? With a suburban comedy duo, it's contemporary, assets and layouts are a snap. With sci-fi, you have to figure out sets and draw many different locales and props like spaceships and space stations to draw, plus the possibility of aliens and so on. A lot of time. Not happenin'.
>>
>>80272456
Money.

It's got one of the showrunners from Spectacular Spidey and Stretch Armstrong. It could be decent.
>>
>>80272766
Gotcha. At first I thought you were proposing that kids wouldn't watch sci-fi. I wasn't thinking about it from a logistical perspective, thanks.
>>
>>80272882
*and Mystery Incorporated
>>
File: BOJVCKHORSEMVN.png (709 KB, 1211x1211) Image search: [Google]
BOJVCKHORSEMVN.png
709 KB, 1211x1211
>>80268336
>>80268398
Take a look at these fags.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.