[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have to point this out Litteretly noone complained that electro
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 1
File: images-3.jpg (7 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images-3.jpg
7 KB, 300x168
I have to point this out

Litteretly noone complained that electro although originally a pale white guy was acted by Jamie Fox a brown guy.

Where is the backlash like Johnny Storm?
>>
>>80256753
I dont want backlash but where is it?
>>
>>80256753
Virtually non existent because electro wasn't the brother of an incredibly white main character. Nobody gives a fuck about Samuel Jackson as Nick Fury either
>>
>>80256753
>>80256781
>>80256854
What the fuck are you talking about? Lots of people complained that he was black when he was first cast.
>>
There was the usual "backlash" when it was announced. Nobody gives a shit what these retards are mad about just like nobody gives a shit what SJWs are mad about, it's just them getting mad and then getting mad at the other for getting mad.
>>
>>80256753
a) No one gives a shit about Electro

b) He didn't have a sister who stayed white

c) No one gives a shit about ASM films
>>
>>80256927
I didnt care she was adopted, made sense to me.
>>
>>80256854
>incredibly white

Appart from standard white
>>
>>80256753
>black guy
>electric powers

Every comic fan knows they were just correcting their fuckup when they made him white.
>>
>>80256753
> Electro
Here's your answer.
>>
People complained about Johnny Storm being the wrong race for the same reason they complain about Batman's costume in the Nolan movies or the colors of Superman's costume in Returns; they just want to see the characters that they care about represented properly. Barely anyone gives a shit about Electro, so there wasn't much of an uproar when he was changed.
>>
>>80256753
Probably cause his race didn't matter. Most of the backlash for Torch was because his sister was white for no reason. Also Electro isn't big enough to make a big controversy for non comic book readers
>>
>>80256753
nobody likes electro, so nobody cares
>>
The issue was that Sue was white not that Johnny was black. If they were both black there wouldn't have been as much bitching but it feels like arbitrary tokenism.
>>
>>80260547
>>80256957
>>80256927

Another problem was the nigga who was cast as Johnny storm was only cast because he was friends with Trank the hack.

If he would have gone through a proper audition process, I would have had no problem with the casting.

Also Miles Teller, Worst reed richards... Fuck their pseudo science.
>>
>>80256753
People like Jamie Fox and people care less about Electro.
>>
>>80256753
>where was the backlash

There was none because everyone is too happy that we have a villain with the nickname Niggawatt
>>
>>80261631
Most directors hire actors that they're friends with/like to work with. It's nothing new. Look at how much Scorsese collaborates with Leo.
>>
>>80261758
Isn't that just every black character with Electricity powers?
>>
>>80256753
I don't care about spider-shit in general tbqh, casting a nigger was just a nail in the coffin.
>>
>>80256753
Are you new? When it was first announced people wouldn't shut up about it

It's just that by the time the movie came out everyone already didn't care because we knew the ASM movies sucked or they were too deep in denial convinced that it was going to be great (see current BvS posts)
>>
People definitely cared but they cared less about this casting than Johnny's. If only because it was fucking hilarious that they made another electric negro character with the racebend.
>>
Jaime Foxx isn't black though
>>
>>80256753
Because Electro was the best part of the movie.
>>
>>80256753
Considering how much went horribly wrong with that Fantastic Four movie, black Johnny Storm was the LEAST of those concerns.
>>
>>80262008
>because we knew the ASM movies sucked

This. It didn't matter because the movies were going nowhere and would soon be forgotten. Black Electro? Nobody cares because it was poorly done and won't mean anything in another few years.
>>
>>80256753
Because Electro doesn't marry a white woman.
>>
>>80256753
Because Electro's a fucking nothing character. Foxx's portrayal was the most personality he'd been given in dogs years.
>>
>>80262032
He's about as nigger as they come.
>>
>>80256854
People were divided about SamJack Fury, old school fans wanted original Fury while the Ultimates readers thought it was cool because Ultimate Fury was based on SamJack.

But it was for the best since we would have gotten George Clooney as Fury (Ennis Fury scared him off).
>>
>>80262032
>>80263920
I haven't seen AMS2 and I don't know who Jamie Foxx is but the guy in the OP is clearly blue.
>>
>>80256753
He was a bad casting choice through and through. Not because he is black (well maybe partially) but also because Jamie Fox can't play a character like that.
>>
>>80256996
Sue looks like she could be an Aryan Youth.
>>
>>80256753
>>Litteretly noone complained that electro although originally a pale white guy was acted by Jamie Fox a brown guy.
You can't just make shit up and try to pass it off as factual. I can write "OP's a fag", doesn't make it true. Oh, wait.
>>
>>80256753
>Electro
You answered your own question.
>>
>>80264174
Keep telling yourself that pol

You are just projecting your pol
>>
>>80257133
But theres nothing wrong with electro being paleskin

Btw what exactly was electro's personality anyway?
>>
>>80266188
In the movie, some loser engineer that was obsessed with Spider-man. He gets powers and sort of loses his shit when he learns Spider-man a dick.
>>
>>80256753
>Where is the backlash like Johnny Storm?

There was a bunch of backlash. It just died down well before the movie had come out because nearly a year had passed since the announcement and the internet had moved on to other things.
>>
>>80256753
Jamie Foxx is an actually good, established actor. Nobody complained much over Samuel L. Jackson, either.
>>
>>80269228
Samuel L. Jackson was playing Ultimate Nick Fury, who had always been black. It's a completely different character from white Nick Fury.
>>
>>80266188
>But theres nothing wrong with electro being paleskin

You missed anon's joke. The more well known black superheroes have a tendency towards electricity related powers (Black Vulcan/Black Lightning, Static Shock, Storm, Rapture).

>>Btw what exactly was electro's personality anyway?

He was a total pushover that everyone treated like shit. Spiderman saved his life and gave him a little chat, which made him think Spiderman was his special buddy. Later, after being bullied into performing a ridiculously dangerous activity that granted him his powers, he encounters Spiderman again, only this time, he thinks Spiderman and the cops are out to get them. He decides that he's tired of being a useless loser and wants to take down the grid so that everyone will suffer and he'll be all powerful.
>>
>>80269228
>Jamie Foxx is an actually good, established actor. Nobody complained much over Samuel L. Jackson, either.

That's because they complained way back when they made comic book Nick Fury black.

Just like the nerdrage about a Miles Morales Spiderman movie would be undercut by the fact that they already nerdraged about him when he was first introduced.

Once you get past that initial bout of trolling/they changed it now it sucks/fucking SJW's! then people stop giving a shit and the actual quality of the work is what matters.
>>
>>80269228

>Jamie Foxx is a good actor

That's pretty debatable m8.
>>
>>80269228
>Jamie Foxx is an actually good, established actor. Nobody complained much over Samuel L. Jackson, either.
Uh huh sure
>>
Because he played the role well and it was a movie no one cared about in the first place and a villian people cared even less about. For a nigger who sings about gold digging bitches he actually played a shy nerd with an unhealthy obssession really fucking well. Cant comment on whoever played johnny because I refused to even support a torrent of that abortion but I doubt he did as good a job and also his sister was fucking white. Literally no fucking common sense was used in the making of that movie
>>
>>80256894
I didn't complain that Johnny was black so much as I complained that Sue remained white for some unknown reason. If you're gonna racelift the Storm family then go all-in.
>>
>>80256753
Jamie Foxx is cool, that's why there is no backlash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vwNcNOTVzY
>>
>>80256753

>Litteretly
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.