[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Say what you want about Ultron for the rest of the movie, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
Say what you want about Ultron for the rest of the movie, but when he limped into a champagne party like a fucking corpse telling everyone they're going to die it was pretty awesome.
>>
ultron pls
>>
>>80253956
Pretty good sequence I must admit. Too bad they fucked him up for the rest of the movie.
>>
Its because his face didnt fucking emote for one thing.
>>
>>80253956
Ultron's first and last scenes were fantastic. Everything else sucked.

>>80254020
WHY the fuck did they go with that? It was so stupid-looking.
>>
> Everything else sucked.
Wrong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJCbdvGC7JI

Almost everything he say is great.
>>
Anyone that isn't just meme'ing or hiveminding will tell you that the first ~30 minutes of the movie were good-- it just goes downhill from there.

Too much shit happening, too much speaking time spent on quips, executive meddling all led to a meh movie and a pretty disappointing villain.
>>
File: drunkard of sensible chuckles.jpg (34 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
drunkard of sensible chuckles.jpg
34 KB, 413x395
>>80254018
>tfw Ultron was more of a threat to the Avengers when he was in a fighter jet than in person

They dropped the ball so hard it left a fucking crater.
>>
>>80254119
>Executive meddling

This is borderline meme at this point.

There wasn't that much meddling. It's nowhere near "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" or "Green Lantern".
>>
>>80254119
Is it fair to say the first and third act were ok? At least in the third act we had Ultron get his shit together and say "Im just going to wipe out humanity" and then there was that moment with Vision in the woods
>>80254129
They could have least made his final form more effective by taking on all of the at once and not some boring montage with his drones
>>
>>80254119
>it just goes downhill from there.
Disagree. Will never understand the hate, but for me, the movie is great from start to finish.
>>
>>80254056
this 100%
>>
>>80254129
He never stopped being a threat.
>>
>>80254119
>Anyone that isn't just meme'ing or hiveminding will tell you that the first ~30 minutes of the movie were good

does that include the hydra base? because no
>>
>>80254454
You're right. Can't can't stop being a threat, when he wasn't one to begin with.
>>
After he got the animated facial expressions he honestly reminded me of Sterling Archer at times
>>
>>80253956
Say what you want about Quicksilver for the rest of the movie, but when he limped into a final fight sequence like a fucking corpse telling everyone "You didn't see that coming," it was pretty awesome.
>>
>>80254454
>>80254569
he never once even hacked iron mans armor to blast thor in the face.

im guessing there going to wait until thanos to break caps shield
>>
>>80254154
>there wasn't as much meddling as these other movies so that means it doesn't count
You seem like someone I definitely want to have a discussion with!
Hold that though, anon!

>>80254555
Yeah, that includes the Hydra base.
Problems with the unprecedented CGI aside it was a great way to start the movie and it was filmed and edited interestingly.

The first 30 minutes of the movie told us everything we needed to know about these 10 characters and their relationships better than I've seen some movies do with two characters in 2 hours.
>>
File: kek.png (40 KB, 117x204) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
40 KB, 117x204
>>80254596
>>
>>80254790
You just derided a guy for using other movies as an excuse and then do it.
The Hydra base is a good scene, but it has too many quips like the rest of the movie.
>>
>>80253956
This scene made me really mad that they decided to do the animated metal facial expressions thing after, because the creepy static face worked so fucking well with Spader's manic crazy voice work.
>>
>>80254191
>They could have least made his final form more effective by taking on all of the at once
I do wish he'd been that much of a badass. Would've been nice to see someone manhandle Hulk for a change.
>>
>>80254020
I didn't hate the emotive face as much as I expected, but goddamn the scenes without it were great. The voice acting and body movements sold it way more than any facial expressions.
>>
>>80255121
Agreed, he just became a goofy quiper for the rest of the movie.
>>
>>80254454
The second the twins defected he was suddenly on the defensive and had to flee the avengers. It makes it feel like his strength was only due to using the twins. Of course he was still some form of threat, but for the rest of the movie it felt like he was the one struggling and Ultron as a character, especially in a movie titled "Age of Ultron", should feel like a much bigger threat.

He should have been able to take them on more in a physical fight and his drones should have been more than tin cans for the Avengers to shoot down while they're doing other things.
>>
This is the exact thing what is wrong with this scene. It gave us a great sequence later fucked up by Whedon. Fucking...Man, I remember how /co/ was hyped as fuck for the first trailer.
>>
>>80255121
I hadn't seen much of anything with Spader before AoU, but I started watching The Blacklist this past year and god damn did Marvel waste his talent with Ultron. They really needed to use him more and build him up as more of a threat. Make the movie as much about him as the other characters.
>>
>>80255773
should have just been like 3 or 4 ultrons, each strong enough to fight Thor 1-on-1, or some shit. In the end they're made of Vibranium and the only way to kill them is for Vision to phase through and fuck with their brains. but vision is at the internet hub place burning Ultron out of the net first while the rest of the team is fighting a losing battle in the physical world trying to survive and keep Ultron busy long enough for Vision to come finish him.
>>
>>80254018
Everything was going smoothly until the scene with Klauh where he started to quip uncontrollably like a faggot. I remember me being in the theater, watching that scene and asking myself "Did ultron just tell a joke? What the fuck Marvel?"
>>
I wonder if that quippy personality will make it into the Comics. Is he still fused with Hank?
>>
>>80254106

A lot of his shit was empty "deep" sounding quotes and Bible references to make him seem more philosophical than he was.

>upon this Rock
>children replacing you when you get old is the same as me killing the Avengers
>muh strings

Only semi insightful thing he said was that Captain America can't live without a war to fight. Might have been interesting if that amounted to more than just a quip.
>>
>>80253956

That scene was great. I was pissed how goofy he became immediately afterward. What really irritates me is the entire marketing campaign played him off like he was going to be this dark ominous villain, then when you actually see the film he's Quipbot 5000.
>>
>>80257080
>. Is he still fused with Hank?

Yes
>>
>>80254106
I appreciate how nice he is in all his evil doing.
>>
>>80253956
yep, 10/10 entrance
>>
kill yourself
>>
>>80257804
why?
>>
>>80256313
Watch "Secretary".

THAT is what Ultron should have been like.
>>
>>80254106
>"This feels weird."
Something about him using the word "weird" hits the ear wrong. I thought he'd be more grandiose.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.