[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Leak on the sequel to CN's hit "No Need For Greg"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 20
File: nnfg542.jpg (214 KB, 1904x1072) Image search: [Google]
nnfg542.jpg
214 KB, 1904x1072
I can't really say much about my identity, but for those of you who have kept up with "No Need For Greg", you might be happy to know a sequel series is being made. As you now, with Greg and Rose's wedding fast approaching, the series in about to hit an end, but fear not because the new series will pick up somewhat shortly after. The show is going to be called Steven Universe.

It centers around Greg and Rose's young son named Steven, the first human/gem hybrid. As well Greg, Garnet, Amethyst and Pearl will be returning along with their original VAs. Rose is only mentioned in passing on the reference material I read, and isn't listed amongst the main cast. More than likely, something happened to her between the two series that caused her disappearance. We can only hope it wasn't because of disputes with her VA.

The new series will put a greater focus on the gem homeworld, and put a real emphasis on the threat they could still pose to Earth. The fabled Yellow Diamond is actually slated to show up as a villain.

Here are some short notes on other new main characters you can expect.

>Connie - Steven's human friend and possibly a love interest. Concept art show her in a gi, indicating that she may fight alongside the gems at some point.

>Lion - A mysterious animal that takes a liking to Steven. He's got a pink color scheme, indicating that he probably has something to do with Rose.

>Peridot - A gem from the homeworld, serves as an Act I villain before joining the Gems later on in the series. Apparently the writers have big plans for her to be a fan favorite.

[1/2]
>>
File: Steven_Universe_logo.png (80 KB, 800x304) Image search: [Google]
Steven_Universe_logo.png
80 KB, 800x304
Pic related is the logo to the show.

In addition Vidalia, Billy Dewey and some of Beach City's other residents are slated to make a return, each having families of their own. Apparently, Garnet also has a secret that will be revealed in the series, supposedly it has something to do with that Ruby character who showed up in Season 2 when Garnet was kidnapped.

Go ahead and ask me questions, I'll try to answer to the best of my ability. I have some early screenshots, I may post some for you if they're relevant to anything I discuss.

[2/2]
>>
I still can't believe Greg is ending up with the worst Gem.

Greg x Pearl 4ever!
>>
none of this makes any sense at all
>>
peenus weenus!
>>
File: GregAndPearlPromo073.png (96 KB, 491x360) Image search: [Google]
GregAndPearlPromo073.png
96 KB, 491x360
>>79855434
Don't be so sure just yet. ;)
>>
such a strange meme
>>
>>79855434
GregxPearl is a total cliche. Something like GregxBarb would better. Hell, even GregxAmethyst would work better that Pearl.
>>
Too bad the new show probably won't have anything like the gem war flashbacks... Those were GOAT episodes.
>>
>>79855380
Who the fuck are you trying to fool?
>>
>>79855614
thank god, my ship didn't sink!

>>79855820
>GregxBarb
Bleh, another boring humanshipper, bet you think Rose x Pearl is otp too.

>GregxAmethyst
The whole 'oh, she's really thousands of years old' thing just doesn't jibe with me. Amethyst acts and looks like a kid. Its gross.
>>
File: SardonyxStevenPromo073.jpg (147 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
SardonyxStevenPromo073.jpg
147 KB, 1280x720
>>79855980
It's legit man, here have another screencap. This one is of Steven with Sardonyx.
>>
Mudercock
>>
>>79856007
Well Amethyst and Vidalia did start to hit it off with each other in the newer episodes, so she might "grow" a bit more mature in the new series.
>>
>>79855380
take your oc back to deviantart, cuck extraordinaire
>>
>>79856045
>They changed her design
I guess they might have changed the designs of the gems them self too?
>>
File: OnionVidaliaPromo073.jpg (61 KB, 560x595) Image search: [Google]
OnionVidaliaPromo073.jpg
61 KB, 560x595
>>79856117
Vidalia's going to have kids in this new series, here's her with one of them.

She didn't age so well
>>
>>79855380
what? is this some fake shit?
>>
File: SUBannerArt.png (345 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
SUBannerArt.png
345 KB, 636x358
>>79856150
All the gems have newer, more mature looking designs as opposed to the more childish looks they sported in NNFG. Here's a group shot for reference.
>>
>>79856185
That kid looks way to young to be the one who she was pregnant with. I guess it might be a second or third child? Doesn't look like it's Marty's though.
>>
>>79856240
>Pearl with out her bangs
It's shit!
Like Amethyst with long hair though.
>>
File: Steven&FriendsPromo073.jpg (109 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Steven&FriendsPromo073.jpg
109 KB, 1024x576
>>79856282
Kids. Plural. So yes, Vidalia has more than one child in the new series. She has an older one shown center-frame in pic related (presumably Marty's), as well as a younger one she had with her husband.
>>
I'm not liking Greg's son. He's way too winy and not proper protagonist material. Even in the early, pretimeskip episodes before the Gems were introduced, Greg was at least grown enough to carry the show. Watching a crybaby kid just won't be the same.
>>
>>79856007
And Pearl acts like a middle-aged spinster virgin. She's been pining over her best friend for thousands of years and has been nothing but a petty shithead to Greg, why the fuck would they hook up? GregxFryman has more setup than Greg and Pearl, and we haven't seen Fryman in almost half a season.
>>
>>79856240
What happened to Pearl's hair?!

But I like Amethyst's new design. Especially the hair. She looks much older.
>>
>>79856383
>as well as a younger one she had with her husband.
So she found another guy then. Good for her. Marty is an asshole anyway.
>>
>>79856471
It's one of the fisherman that showed up when Beach City was growing near the end of Season 2.
>>
>>79856471
I feel bad for Marty. I know he's supposed to be the jerk, but you can't help but feel for a guy who had dreams that never panned out and can only sit on the sidelines working with others achieve their dream of being a rockstar. It doesn't really help that they keep implying that if he ever got his head out of his ass he could be a pretty decent agent.
>>
I am from the future!
Greg will loose some of his hair, and own a carwash.
Rose is indeed gone and has given up her physical form by passing on her gem to Steven.
Pearl and Amethyst will grow more distant from each other and their current bond will be broken.
Garnet was actually a fusion this whole time.
There's a giant gem monster inside the earth, just waiting to burst out.
Yellow diamond will turn out to be a giraffe.
>>
>>79856784
Take your awful headcannon back to tumblr. We all know Greg's going to be a rockstar, and there's no way they'd kill off a MC like Rose.
And we all saw the episode where Pearl teaches Amethyst how fight less destructively by using grappling and hand to hand techniques instead of a whip or other weapon. No way they'd stop doing stuff together.
>>
File: steven_the_hutt_by_garabatoz.jpg (188 KB, 1062x751) Image search: [Google]
steven_the_hutt_by_garabatoz.jpg
188 KB, 1062x751
Here's some concept art from the new series.
>>
File: XS5LK.gif (883 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
XS5LK.gif
883 KB, 500x269
>>79855380
>No Need For Greg
>>
File: PeridotPromo073.jpg (107 KB, 1364x768) Image search: [Google]
PeridotPromo073.jpg
107 KB, 1364x768
I haven't posted anything about some of the new mains yet, so I might as well get that out of the way. Here's Peridot for starters.
>>
File: Lion&StevenPromo073.jpg (22 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Lion&StevenPromo073.jpg
22 KB, 500x281
>>79856988
This is Lion with Steven.
>>
File: ConniePromo073.png (251 KB, 599x389) Image search: [Google]
ConniePromo073.png
251 KB, 599x389
>>79857039
And here's Connie
>>
>>79856442
C'mon, Greg and Pearl are clearly a Sam and Diane hatefuck couple. Its a trope as old as television. They clash over their personality differences and that anger turns to passion.
>>
>>79857124
Sam and Diane actually got along and could banter. The only reason why Pearl associates with Greg is because she attaches herself to Rose.
>>
what are the chances we get fucked over and this becomes the next After M*A*S*H. I mean, how are you going to have Greg without Rose?
>>
>>79855380
if real, leaks or gtfo

also episodes when
>>
>>79857301
Greg's being shifted to supporting character, his kid is the main. Looks like the rest of the CGs are going to get more focus too.
>>
>>79857434
so it is After M*A*S*H
>>
>>79856383
Jesus Christ, their designs look like something out of a fanfic.
>>
Sounds like they're dropping the entire plot about Greg getting back to his music career in favor of bringing this "Steven" into the new show. Disappointing.
>>
File: Untitled.png (428 KB, 560x595) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
428 KB, 560x595
>>79856185
She's not too bad with a bit of makup and putting a bit of effort into her hair.
>>
time traveler here

saw the show, it was good, too much crying though, fanbase is full of shitheads

not gonna spoil don't worry
>>
why do autists like SU so much?
>>
>>79859839
Lore.
>>
>>79859839
There's a lot of autists on the GF fandom too though

Seriously, a friend of mine made a video about Gravity Falls and the comment section is full of Bill Cipher roleplayers that get mad when people don't follow their roleplays or kids who think Bill Cipher is real. I think people refuse to admit Gravity Falls fandom is as autistic as SU's because they like the show more.
>>
>>79856784
>Rose is indeed gone and has given up her physical form by passing on her gem to Steven
>Garnet was actually a fusion this whole time
>There's a giant gem monster inside the earth

What is this fanfiction shit?
>>
File: bestgrill.png (339 KB, 473x704) Image search: [Google]
bestgrill.png
339 KB, 473x704
>>79855380
>It centers around Greg and Rose's young son named Steven
So I guess it's confirmed that Grose is endgame. Dang, I was hoping best girl would come and save the day, but I guess she was too heart-broken after that dick move Greg pulled with the engagement invitation.
>>
I swear to God that if Rose isn't one of the main characters in the sequel I'm gonna drop this shit.
Even worse if she dies or something, fucking writers nowaday
>>
>>79860383 see >>79856784
I generally don't believe leakers but the absence of Rose so far worries me.
>>
File: misaka heh.jpg (102 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
misaka heh.jpg
102 KB, 1280x720
>>79855380

this thread is great.
>>
>>79856383
wait if the kid in pink is Greg and Rose's and the kid in the middle is Marty and Vidalia's. Who are the other 3?

The guy with the glasses kinda looks like Dewey, and with the black girl I guess she is either related to Mr Smiley or that Pizza guy, but I have no clue who the kid with the stretched ears is
>>
File: 1455455953563.jpg (49 KB, 655x560) Image search: [Google]
1455455953563.jpg
49 KB, 655x560
>>79855380
>>
File: 1436940340482.jpg (418 KB, 900x1149) Image search: [Google]
1436940340482.jpg
418 KB, 900x1149
>>79856240
wtf they ruined Amethyst

What happened to my adorable loli?
>>
I heard they might introduce a male gem? Fucking marketing exec meddling, shit, he'll probably be the main character and they'll make the whole story shift to revolve around him. This is why we can't have nice things, guys
>>
>>79855380
Autism the thread
>>
>>79855380
Bullshit. They should have just let the series end on a good note. Why the fuck would I want to watch some snot-nosed brat take center stage after spending 100+ episodes with such great characters?
>>
OP here, had to sleep for a while. Bedtime here in Burgerland and all that shit. Anyways...

>>79862011
From left-to-right
>Lars - New kid, he's really douchey and kind of the butt-monkey of the show, kind of a Squidward type.
>Steven - The new main character.
>Sour Cream - Vidalia's eldest son, presumably he's Marty's son as well.
> Jenny Pizza - One of Kofi Pizza's twin daughters. Hangs out with Sour Cream and Buck often.
>Buck Dewey - Bill Dewey's son, who very embarrassed by his dad. Remember that plotline about Bill wanting to follow in the footsteps of his father and become a great politician... yeah.

>>79856391
>>79862260
Steven's actually supposed to be a really, sweet and caring kid. He's going to take heavily after both of his parents. He's even musically inclined like Greg.
>>
>>79862132
>I hate fun and I want everyone to know it
Duly noted.
>>
>>79855380
>The new series will put a greater focus on the gem homeworld, and put a real emphasis on the threat they could still pose to Earth.
I'm worried about this. NNFG was primarily a down to earth and lighthearted show, with only the occasional gem-based weirdness.

Where the Gems come from isn't really the point of the show. They're these magical ladies from beyond the stars, and that's really all you need to know.
I hope the writers don't go into how they were born or what their culture is like or whatever...it would ruin the Gems for me.
>>
File: 1428780476757.jpg (56 KB, 655x700) Image search: [Google]
1428780476757.jpg
56 KB, 655x700
>>79855380
what's gonna happen to rose when she give birth?
they said gems can't have children unless they lose their physical form...
>>
>>79855380
my uncle who works in nintendo can confirm this.

>>79856045
this is just from the time sardonyx first appeared

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLoIQoz0kmY&ab_channel=StevenUniverseGo!

cap is at 2:25

at least try to put in any sort of effort
>>
>>79855380
Ahahaha this thread is so fucking autistic

Where did this supple new maymay come from?
>>
>>79855380
I love SU but this is some faggot shit
>>
>>79867795
it's a joke. Not a "maymay." Just a joke. I'm afraid that the only thing here that's autistic, is you.
>>
This sounds like it's going to have less focus on Greg. I hope to god they keep Greg/Amethyst and Pearl's Tom and Jerry bits. They're really the only funny parts of the entire series.
>>
>>79868111
Explain the joke to us anon, all I see are roleplaying autists
>>
>>79867795
>>79868037
This is nothing new, or specific to the SU fanbase. It's the same shit as that retarded EEnE MMO bullshit that pops up every once in a while.
>>
>>79868320
Except it's a joke people are aware of.
>>
>>79868364
Doesn't make it less "autistic" than this. That joke had to start some place too.
>>
>>79868277
Are you stupid? The joke is that Steven universe is a sequel to show about Greg, based of the that one flashback episode.
>>
>>79868412
Well at least this will be one thread. And I agree, the eeeonline threads are autistic.
>>
>>79868415
But that's not funny. Jokes are supposed to be funny anon. What is funny about pretending that a show used to exist, even going so far as to create imaginary episodes?
>>
Is this autism?
>>
>>79868492
No.

This is... Advanced autism.
>>
>>79868479
I don't know. Someone in here finds it funny one way or another.
>>
>>79867525
I've seen a leak, anon. In it rose poofs into a burst of pink light. which burns off Greg's hair. After the light goes away all that is left is a baby with black hair, which matches up with the other leaks. Pearl goes wide-eyed and begins having a complete mental breakdown. Greg just stands there in shock. That was all the leak had but it's pretty obvious what happens....
>>
>>79868479
It something that people have done for pretty much every show, and it has been a stable of /co/ for a long time. Not saying it's not stupid, but this is nothing new, and you should have stumbled across it before, unless you are new.
>>
File: image.png (469 KB, 663x701) Image search: [Google]
image.png
469 KB, 663x701
People calling this autistic are shitheads and will call anything autistic because they don't understand why someone will go through there way to have fun.
>>
>>79868617
Oh come on, creating an elaborate fictional prequel to SU is pretty autistic.

But who gives a shit? Embrace your autism and have a good time.
>>
>>79855380
this is why SU shit needs to be on trash.
>>
>>79868454
Fuck you those Edd ed n eddy threads are great. This is why /co/ is so shitty, no one can have fun without being called a buzzword.
>>
>>79868676
You're like those faggots who come into a thread with people talking about their favorite episodes of Saturday Morning Watchmen or who they like to main in King of the Hill: Rainy Street Fighter and getting rustled and whining about how they're not real.

The only autistic people in these threads are the ones who don't get the joke and get all butthurt about it.

Also - pocket sand combo confirmed for most OP move ever, Dalefags suck.
>>
This is the /v/ PARALLEL UNIVERSE meme accident all over again. People are calling the creators autistic cause they hate people with dedication to do something fun. I bet after this post, someone gonna make a meme out of this.
>>
>>79868815
bro, contain your autism. It's spilling everywhere.
>>
>>79868851
>RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEE

literally all you said. Why do you care so much if people think your autistic roleplaying is autistic?
>>
>>79868815
At least they don't make me sad about not having a fan mmo.
>>
>>79868871
This is pretty old actually. It started back when the creators joked that SU was a sequel to a show based around greg's life called no need for greg.
>>
>>79868930
I feel said that their joke is being called autistic roleplaying.
>>
>>79868978
But how else are you going to make a story without first knowing how the characters got the the starting point? As audiences we just go from start to middle to end. But as a creator of a story that actually holds up, they must know of the characters beyond the story told.
>>
File: Pearl_cash money.jpg (209 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Pearl_cash money.jpg
209 KB, 1000x1000
>>79855380
>caused her disappearance
>Rose ever leaving Greg
Sugar writing won't go so deep as to include divorce like that and I highly doubt she'd kill off Rose seeing how she's both the 2nd most important character and broken as all hell.
I'm calling BS on these leaks off of that tripe alone.
>>
>>79868479
The real question is why anyone who doesn't find it even slightly entertaining would come into the thread in the first place. There's lots of shows I hate but I don't go into their threads and shit up the place. And even for shows I like there are threads I just avoid for one reason or another. I don't go in demanding they justify their tastes to me or arguing with them about why their tastes are shit. On the whole I don't care if they like shitty things, and I know on the whole they don't care that I think the things they like are shitty. I don't know, it just makes sense to me not to go into threads for things I don't like. Maybe I'm the crazy one here.
>>
>>79869316
Not that guy but I came in because I had no idea what the fuck OP was talking about and wanted to know

its pretty retarded but w/e, keep on keeping on anons
>>
>>79869316
This. People who do this kind of thing, sickens me.
>>
>>79868815
The King of the Hill online threads are better. Then again it is a superior fan base with a superior game to play, than babby's first mmo
>>
>>79868581
the scene seems surreal anon
>>
>>79868676
But autists have no imagination. Are you tell me that people passing around an in-joke for fun is more autistic than the real autist screetching I DUN GET IT'S NOT FUNEE and having a meltdown just because they cannot share/enjoy it too? If anything the backlash seems far more autistic on the Hans Autism scale.
>>
>>79868908
Who the hell are you quoting? Your imaginary talking dick?
Stop being so autistic.
>>
>>79870062
It's no use anon. If people choose to shitpost, you can't stop it. Best ignore it like the shitposter's mother or father did to them
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.