[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Trailer #1: The Superman Trailer This trailer is for the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 13
>Trailer #1: The Superman Trailer
This trailer is for the guy who understands that the idea of Batman vs. Superman isn't about who wins. It's about a clash of morals and ideology. The people who understand Superman is a hero, and to them the real conflict of the movie is how the world learns to accept him. This trailer paints Batman as a psychopath, and shows hints of his pathos, and has Alfred loudly denouncing his actions. It shows some powerful imagery of Superman being a savior. It also has our intro to Luthor and some pretty provocative comments from him. This is still my favorite trailer.

>Trailer #2: The Casual Trailer
This trailer targeted people who had been skeptical of the film. Casuals and, dare I say it, Marvel fans. It seemed to cherrypick every cheeky moment possible. From tongue-in-cheek exchanges between Bruce and Clark, to a comedic persona of Luthor, to the light-hearted "I thought she was with you" line, this trailer seems aimed at attracting self-proclaimed "nerds" who were angry that DC's new universe seemed so serious and certainly not in the style of the MCU. This trailer was shallow. My least favorite.

>Trailer #3: The Batman/Shameless Solicit Trailer
This trailer plays to the lowest common denominator, men of all ages whether they've picked up a comic book or not. From the rock music to the visceral imagery of violence, cars, sex appeal and action, this will be the one that will snag the average Joe. Every moment of this trailer is crafted to get you to look up from your smart phone and take notice. This trailer features Batman prominently, and shows him absolutely kicking ass, so it probably hopes to grab the everyman who gladly paid money to watch the Nolan Trilogy for the urban commando approach, or someone who played Arkham Knight, or even just someone who likes action movies. This trailer is designed to put asses in seats.

So which trailer was your favorite?
>>
Which one will they be showing on TV? The last one seems a bit long for a TV spot,
>>
I'm willing to bet that the "I thought she was with you" line will be dropped out of the movie, like the jokes about Antman's name
>>
>>79852884
Well said m8, I never thought about it, but I completely agree.
>>
All 3 trailers showed the exact same shit but swapped around at different times.

The only new footage we got in the 3rd one was Diana jumping into a fire/explosion and going "AAAAAA"

Diana is still played by a talentless emaciated supermodel jew.
Clark's costume still looks like chrome ass.
Micheal Cera 2.0 still doesn't seem intimidating as Luthor.
Doomsday still looks like a turd that slides 150 feet up to the camera without moving its legs.
The cgi at every point in the trailers is bad.

The cgi looks worse than the sloppy goo ghost in the last Paranormal Activity schlock movie.

We still haven't seen anything that looks like it will add up to a decent film.

That doesn't mean the film won't probably be decent, but these trailers have all been garbage thus far outside of that one shot of Batfleck yelling at Alfred because he killed Simba's father.
>>
>>79853086
Nah. Snyder already said that line has meaning behind it in the actual movie. Plus, one of the songs on the soundtrack is named after it.
>>
>>79852884

The last one, it's fun. Brought back positive memories of Arkham. I haven't played Knight yet but after this I wonder if I'm the only who who thinks a Vs Superman DLC would be kind of cool. I don't think they've ever had an excuse to use big power armor.
>>
Is trailer #1 the comic-con one? Or the teaser?

The teaser was my favorite.
>>
>>79853086
>>79853319

Yeah it looks like Diana is playing them both.
>>
>>79853308
>All 3 trailers showed the exact same shit but swapped around at different times.
>The only new footage we got in the 3rd one was Diana jumping into a fire/explosion and going "AAAAAA"
This just proves you're incapable of paying attention, and makes it really easy for me to disregard whatever the rest of your post was whining about.
>>
File: 1455237743431.webm (3 MB, 1280x692) Image search: [Google]
1455237743431.webm
3 MB, 1280x692
The lowest common denominator trailer.

I like knowing that Batman will finally get decent action scenes after all the garbage ones in Nolan's movies.
>>
>>79853435
Comic-con. I didn't really count the teaser, it doesn't show much besides "Hey, Batman's in this movie".

>>79853514
OP here, I have to agree. The Nolan trilogy and the general tidal wave of Batfaggotry over the recent years had killed my enthusiasm for Batman, but damn, that fucking fight scene was magical.
>>
File: or the villain.png (57 KB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
or the villain.png
57 KB, 260x260
>>79852884
The last one, because it's going to fool people into thinking Batman is the protagonist and shake up the status quo when it turns out he ends up taking up the more villainous role. And it's just so damn fun.
Trailer 1 would be my favorite, meta reasons aside.
>>
File: 1410971789177.png (198 KB, 291x388) Image search: [Google]
1410971789177.png
198 KB, 291x388
>>79852884
>"sups is GOOOOOOOOOD"
>"bats is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad"
Are fucking serious? Or are you just pretending you believe in all that pretentious bullshit you just wrote?

>>79853308
>my opinions are facts
>not paying attention
So now I understand it's a b8 thread to get everyone riled up.
>>
>>79853788
He's right in everything that he says, but he just doesn't mention that Supes is also going international in BvS. That's a big problem, as the stakes are much higher when Supes expands his domain to the entire world and not just Metropolis. Seeing all that injustice throughout the world with no way to stop it, even as Superman, can't have a good effect on his psyche. Until Supes finds a way to prove the "greatest lie in America" is actually truth (i.e. that power can be innocent), Bats is 100% right to be afraid.
>>
>>79853939
*OP is right
>>
>>79853939
Yeah nah, the idiot purposely shits on batman in every opportunity, forgets that it's a comic movie and treats action like it was just a small side thing in an ACTION movie. Like I said "sups is goooooood, bats is baaaaaaaad".
>>
>>79852884
i totally agree with everything you said. my favorite is trailer #1 as well
>>
>>79854085
It's ALWAYS easy to find the angry Batfags.
>>
>>79852884

First one was too heavy and didn't show off enough of the characters in context. Second one was too by-the-numbers in terms of summarizing the plot in miniature.

Third one struck a nice balance between the two and I liked the extended look at Batman at the start.
>>
>>79854085
how does he shit on batman...? he's just describing the trailers
>>
File: not this shit again.jpg (77 KB, 500x447) Image search: [Google]
not this shit again.jpg
77 KB, 500x447
>>79854182
>angry
That's the best you can do? The reason why I'm actually unhappy is because it's literally impossible to talk about this movie without people like OP or marvelfags shitting up the thread.

No way to talk about the attention to the details, good soundtrack or scenery, nope, just endless shitting.
>>
>>79854348
>The reason why I'm actually unhappy is because it's literally impossible to talk about this movie without people like OP or marvelfags shitting up the thread.

I don't get it. We managed to have a really nice, positive MCU thread about parts from those movies that we enjoyed, and that shit went into autosage without shitposting or company wars.

Why can't we do the same for DC movies?
>>
>>79854348
I think the only one doing "endless shitting" in this thread is the angry Batfag. Keep hiding behind your reaction images. We're all very impressed, I assure you.
>>
>>79854085
He called Batman a psychopath once. And Affleck and Snyder basically said the exact same thing as well. Calm down.
>>
File: tired.png (1 MB, 970x937) Image search: [Google]
tired.png
1 MB, 970x937
>>79854387
No idea
>>79854427
>"lel you angry, you angry, batfag, batfag"
>"are you angry yet?"
No just tired.
>>79854458
>just called him a psychopath once
>the more a trailer features batman the more "pleb" it is
>"action is bad guys, comic movies should clearly be about deep moral values"

I mean can't we talk about the little nice details on the last movie? Can't we talk about predictions of how the plot will be? Can't we just drop the pretentious bullshit and company wars for once?
>>
>>79854655
>strawmanning this hard
Holy shit.
>>
File: boom.png (624 KB, 1272x539) Image search: [Google]
boom.png
624 KB, 1272x539
>>79854655
Sure, I think the main Batman/Superman fight is going to be one of the best put on screen.
>that little tilt that depowered Supes does as if to say "it's still not even close to over"
>>
>>79854787
Yeah I was wondering this too, it seems that superman is either being slowly depowered or that bullet he caught had kryptonite on it, but there's a scene in the building after bats step on him where just blocks batman's kick and throws him on the wall. Either whatever batman used wasn't strong enough or they are really using the comics as a source for superman power level.
>>
>>79853501
Not the guy you're responding to, just wanted to say this.

Don't be this guy. The 'I only read part of your post, ignored the rest and now I'm going to dismiss it all' guy. That's not an argument.
>>
>>79852884
Makes sense, the first teaser had me kind of interested, while the second two trailers made me completely disinterested and apathetic to it now.
>>
>>79854989
>That's not an argument
Except it is. If this retard actually thinks that all three trailers are the same, and that the final one had no new footage besides a shot of Wonder Woman, then his opinions honestly aren't even worth debating because they're based on ignorance.
>>
>>79854989
How come OP completely ignored all the new parts in the second and third trailer?
>>
>>79854387
There's been plenty of threads for DC movies where they weren't shit up. It just depends on the time of day if there's baiters looking to turn everything in to consolewars. Usually it's whenever Australians are awake.
>>
File: murderman anxious.png (657 KB, 1273x522) Image search: [Google]
murderman anxious.png
657 KB, 1273x522
>>79854951
I think Lois ends up intervening. If you look at his hair, the only time he has the curl is during the fight with Batman. Then we have this scene which seems to have the same aesthetic as the big fight.
I just hope it doesn't chicken out and we get a real winner. I want Supes to win, but I'll be fine if he loses as long as he puts up a good fight even after the Kryptonite bullet.
>>
>>79854787
>>79854951

>They almost recreate one of the most popular pages among batfags
>Supes: lol nope

I can't help it because I always found TDKReturns to be boring but goddamn I love that

That and how fucking cool Batman looked jumping off the Batwing, taking out the thugs, Superman lightly pushing him, that dive by Wonder Woman, Clark getting lewd in the tub
>>
>>79855171

I heard a few things where

Supes bothers to fight back less and less until he's just letting Batman pound on him - and while Bruce recites a line similar about being the one man to beat him, Clark sees him suffer a heart attack and flies him out of there
>>
File: Capture.jpg (78 KB, 1290x553) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
78 KB, 1290x553
>>79855171
That looks to be in this building. Probably where the fight ends.
>>
>>79855171
>>79855195
The point of batman winning against big figures is the ideal that even a puny human can defeat gods, i.e. also the whole discourse that Lex gives against Supes.

There's definitely a very difficult problem about a simple human fighting alongside gods and heroes, you want him to be very useful, because of the previously said point, but he can't overshadow other characters.

Batman losing would be like a movie about a a child being beaten. Batman winning is ,while possible (anyone with a bit of kryptonite would be able to), far too comic-y for most spectators. A tie is absolutely too cliche and boring.

Like MoS, no matter the result most people won't like it.
>>
>>79855582

I'll just be happy if Batman wins because Superman stops giving a fuck, both of them realize they're fighting is retarded, or Superman just flies off. Either beating the other into submission is gonna be retarded.
>>
>>79855195
>Clark getting lewd in the tub
>give your crush a rose and hop in with your clothes on
He's such a dork, I love it.
>>79855285
Looks like he's wearing the armor too. I think you're on the money with this one. Though I always expected the armor to be severely damaged by the fight, really doesn't make sense for him not to use it against Doomsday otherwise.
>>
>>79855658
I think a "wait why are we doing this again?" would be the best one, but in the end it all depends on why they are fighting.

Is it because of batman's nightmare, his fear or it's because superman really thinks batman is a madman that needs to be stopped? Or something else entirely? Because the three first options are pretty retarded.
>>
>>79855699
>really doesn't make sense for him not to use it against Doomsday otherwise.

It's probably too cumbersome to fight someone like Doomsday. He's only using it against Superman to stall until he's depowered him and can brawl. He's likely not going to be doing the Arkham shit like in that warehouse with the armor on.
>>
>>79855699

I was thinking that Batman shows up to slap the shit out of Luthor near the end not even realizing Doomsday is a thing or planned. Clark also shows up since neither of them are fully working together yet.

Then they confront him and Luthor's smug as shit and Batman can't figure out why until Luthor's all "SURPRISE NIGGA" and Doomsday comes struttin' out
>>
>>79853514
Really can't wait for the solo Batfleck movie, i really hope it has the same fight choreographer that directed this scene
>>
>>79856112
I don't even think it's totally a choreographer thing, Snyder just seems to have a vision for action sequences. Affleck admitted that some of the things Snyder thought up were just totally beyond his scope, but he said it got inspired watching him direct the movie.
>>
>>79852884

I enjoyed the Comic con trailer the most but in saying that I may be lowest common denominator because it sure was fucking great to see Batman fighting like Batman should
>>
>>79853604
>The Nolan trilogy and the general tidal wave of Batfaggotry over the recent years

I still can't believe anybody liked Bales Batman. Boring fights with an autistic Batman. Not only does Afflecks Batman know how to fight, he actually makes his own tech instead of gettin it all from Morgan Freeman. I feel like this is the first true comic accurate Batman put to film
>>
>>79855171
>>79855171
>I want Supes to win, but I'll be fine if he loses as long as he puts up a good fight

I think it will be fair. He's shown to NOPE the TDKR kick
>>
>>79855582

No. Batman beating Superman would make most people happy. You have to remember most people think Batman won the TDKR fight legitmately
>>
>>79853451
Fucking jew whore.
>>
>>79856817
Technically he did, asking batman to not cheat in a fight is like asking superman to fight in a room filled with red radiation.
>>
>>79856863

Yeah I get that but I mean people think Batman didn't have any help or that Superman was actually trying to kill him.
>>
>>79856679

I like Batman himself in those movies. He was surprisingly cool and polite to his fucking friends/helpers.
>>
They're making a Batman Vs. Superman movie?
>>
File: WTF Nolan.jpg (62 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
WTF Nolan.jpg
62 KB, 1024x683
>>79856679
I don't get the love for Nolans Batman. Most of the time it's like watching a crime movie with Batman. The scene in TDK where Bats is interrogating the Joker is probably the most laughable moments in the trilogy. They look so out of place. If Snyder "ruined" MoS by making it dark and gritty, Nolan ruined Batman by bringing any type of realism in the the films,
>>
Yeah trailer 1 had me the most excited.
It really gave me the impression that DC was actually taking this more mature approach to superheroes seriously.
Trailer 2 and 3 definitely killed most of my excitement, proving that the movie will be just a series of admittedly nifty action scenes with dodgy CGI strung together by a bayformers level plot.
>>79855008
I'm glad it's not just me.
>>
>>79856889
Well if batman wanted to kill superman he could, batman has used magic before and superman is pretty weak to magic, so imagine magic + kryptonite or red radiation. But again if supes simply wanted to kill him, he also could.

>>79856679
Besides that we're getting barbara, possibly jason, dick and who know who else. It's the first time we're getting an accurate version of batman in a movie.
>>
>>79857031

I still say Nolan had Batman more out of character when he abandoned Gotham than Snyder and Goyer did Superman when they had him kill Zod
>>
>>79857149
>>79857031

You know, Man of Steel isn't a great movie but I can't believe that that's the film that gets all the shit when that absolute fucking abortion Rises exists. It was laughably bad, it was like a fucking parody
>>
>>79857031
>I don't get the love for Nolans Batman.
It's a really good critique of Batman, where the central thesis is that Bruce Wayne needs to get laid, grow up and get over himself.
>>
>>79857356

U U
U U
>>
>>79857842
>>
File: suicide_squad_leto.jpg (113 KB, 1401x788) Image search: [Google]
suicide_squad_leto.jpg
113 KB, 1401x788
>>79853708
>It's what put down the Joker
Wait a minute...
>>
>>79852884
>>Trailer #3: The Batman/Shameless Solicit Trailer
>This trailer plays to the lowest common denominator, men of all ages whether they've picked up a comic book or not. From the rock music to the visceral imagery of violence, cars, sex appeal and action, this will be the one that will snag the average Joe. Every moment of this trailer is crafted to get you to look up from your smart phone and take notice. This trailer features Batman prominently, and shows him absolutely kicking ass, so it probably hopes to grab the everyman who gladly paid money to watch the Nolan Trilogy for the urban commando approach, or someone who played Arkham Knight, or even just someone who likes action movies. This trailer is designed to put asses in seats.
I'd say Trailer #3 is certianly the Batman trailer but only insofar that i's designed to sell Batman as a credible threat to Superman.
>>
>>79852884
Very nice write-up, OP. Trailer #1 is also my favorite overall, the philosophical/moral approach was the one I was always associating with during the movie's development. That being said, I'm also a Batman fan so I can't help but get pumped from the badass fight scenes and clashes with Superman from the recent trailer.

Also, Trailer #2 had my favorite music, but I'm a sucker for epic orchestral/choral songs.
>>
>>79856851
>Trust an Amazon, and your neck is gone
>>
>>79854085
Batfags are cancer incarnate
>>
>>79852884
Trailer #1 was probably my favorite overall, but I did love Bat's fight scene in the third one.
>>
>>79852884
Trailers 2 and 3 because I watch cape movies to relax and feel good.
>>
>>79852884

Trailer 3 because it's the most intellectually honest about what this movie is going to be.

It's not going to be about a battle of morals and ideology any more then MoS was about a godlike being learning to love and protect the people of his planet. We're going to get a few powerful images and moments sandwiched within a standard summer blockbuster, and that's being as generous as I can because everything about this movie screams a flaming disaster on the level of The Lone Ranger or Tomorrowland. I'm getting the same prickly felings from the BvS trailers as I did from those.

I'd love to be wrong, but I don't trust Snyder with any weighty themes after Sucker Punch. Maybe I'll end up being a gigantic faggot who was wrong and the movie will be great, but I'm not holding my breath.
>>
File: OH BATS.jpg (779 KB, 1249x1920) Image search: [Google]
OH BATS.jpg
779 KB, 1249x1920
Its Valentines Day
Post your favorite couples doing cute stuff
>>
>>79853514
Too many cuts, makes the fight disorienting and difficult to follow.
>>
>>79852884
The third one. Based Barman saving the world from an alien menace.
Besides there's no t much too talk about
The fight, became friends and defeat doomsday
People hating superman feels over the top.
God hates aliens, whoa too subtle Snyder. But I can't blame them, if some alien by accident makes a bunch of aliens come to earth i would also be mad
>>
>>79856679
>I still can't believe anybody liked Bales Batman
I have a friend who is the biggest fucking Batfag, and he loved the hell out of the Nolan Bat movies, but he can't even watch them anymore because he realizes how cheesy they are. They're going for the serious and realistic vibe, but then they crack jokes and do silly things with absolutely zero self-awareness, and it just becomes pitiable.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.