[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Al Ewing is great When will this meme die?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7
File: americachavez.jpg (165 KB, 390x600) Image search: [Google]
americachavez.jpg
165 KB, 390x600
>Al Ewing is great
When will this meme die?
>>
>>79825651
That scene was retarded, but it also guaranteed Ultimates will last a while.
>>
>>79825651
When you die, so go drink bleach, quickly.
>>
Chavez is obnoxious, that's true to her character, OP.
>>
Ewing's Mary Sue is much worse than Chavez
>>
>>79825860
Eh, I wouldn't call him a Mary Sue after the last issue where it was clear he was being a huge vindictive hypocrite who had to be called out by his own cosmic son.
>>
>>79825651
Eww Marvel, thier comics is full of degeneracy
>>
>>79825651
Well, the illegible thumbnail sure proved your point.
>>
I hate the "funny" little intro boxes he does for each character. The first few times it was funny, but it got really old, really fast.
>>
File: repost this in may of 2016.png (24 KB, 1314x268) Image search: [Google]
repost this in may of 2016.png
24 KB, 1314x268
>>79825651
Almost there guys.
>>
>>79829128
Tom King has to be next, right?
>>
>>79829128
People have been hating on Ewing since Mighty Avengers and Loki started
>>
>>79825651
God, Rocafort is a shit panelist.
>>
>>79829174
That's how it works. He needs a little more exposure first.
>>
>>79829403
If he does end up taking over Batman, there you go.

You can't skate by on these smaller titles like Grayson and Vision for long, King!
>>
>>79829128
Well it could also be that he's getting so much more exposure too. Either way I'm still enjoying his stuff well enough.
>>
>>79829403
It already started. Did you see those threads of people screaming that he was an SJW pandering shill that's never been good because of that one line in Grayson? No?

Well here's a refresher: https://desustorage.org/co/thread/79491479
>>
>>79829372
>People have been hating on Ewing since Mighty Avengers and Loki started
No? Mighty Avengers was constantly hailed as the best Avengers book and Loki was one of /co/'s collective favorite books throughout the run.

Nice revisionist history though. Ewing didn't start getting any hate until he made that gamergate joke. Because surprise-surprise, /co/'s resident thin-skinned easily triggered faggots that don't read comics but hang out here to get triggered by anything that remotely pokes fun at them anyways went on a tirade.
>>
>>79829128
Ewing was never that loved. The same retards that loved him still love him and the same people that didn't like him still don't. You can argue there are more people reading his comics now but these new people don't seem to like him.
>>
>>79829174
Unless he doesn't get big books. Thats how Mike Carey stayed liked.
>>
>>79829375
Sometimes.
I'd agree hed do better with a layout artist overall.
>>
>>79830336
>what is X-Men: Legacy
>>
>>79830336
Nobody talks about Mikey Care at all. And the people that know him only know him for Lucifer.
>>
I can't yell about /co/ turning on Ewing cause there's always been that undercurrent of racists hating
>>
>>79829174
Only if he gets an exclusive contract with Marvel. Just wait and watch.

Hell, I remember /co/ voting Dan Slott as the best writer of the year once.
>>
>>79829174

THE TURN happened with King with Grayson having that joke in the Bond issue and Vision talking about Washington Redskins
>>
>>79830476
oh so it's just impotent /pol9k/ cucks who get triggered any time a writer shows hints of liberalism
>>
>>79830038
I think some of those are just joking but yeah I'm surprised more people aren't turning on King for his want for diversity alone.
>>
>>79830516
It wasn't even liberalism, they were both jokes. The Vision one was particularly obvious.
>>
>>79830560
so they have a hard time recognizing humor/sarcasm?

Hmmm...this is really filling all the squares in my NEETscum bingo board. tho I think autism should be a free space to be honest family
>>
>>79825651
I don't really enjoy his New Avengers, I'm okay with his Ultimates, but I absolutely love his Contest of Champions.
>>
>>79829174
If we keep shitposting about THE TURN then maybe /co/ will skip the hatred step and go right into the "loving him again" step that some writers get.
>>
File: 7iwjkw.jpg (343 KB, 780x1200) Image search: [Google]
7iwjkw.jpg
343 KB, 780x1200
>>79830623
>>
>>79830438
Because Dan Slott's stuff before he got Spider-Man was legitimately good.
>>
>>79829174
Tom King has to write something good first.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1 KB, 666x15) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1 KB, 666x15
>>79825676
>3 issues in
>already at 30k
Signs point to no.
>>
>>79825676
>needs to be happy to close rips in space
>does something that makes her happy
What's wrong with it?
>>
>>79831495
If it doesn't drop too much after that then marvel will probably want to keep it around due to having Carol and BP on it.
>>
>>79832343
>due to having Carol and BP on it
both have their own solo books and in Carol's case she's in another team book
>>
File: leddit.jpg (71 KB, 1362x639) Image search: [Google]
leddit.jpg
71 KB, 1362x639
>>79825651
>>
>>79829174
Nah, Spencer.
He's already booty blasted people with Cap, and it's going down hill so far.
Should have kept him a werewolf
>>
>>79830156
>then what do you know? THE WRITER HAS ALWAYS BEEN SHIT
it's in the same image you replied to.
>>79830516
well couldn't you tell by this thread? it uses the word meme and has the image of a pseudlatino lesbian girl dancing.
>>
Absolutely nothing wrong with this page.
This board is absolute shit.
>>
>>79832637
I agree. Spencer really disappointed me because both Antman and Cap are downright bad, not even mediocre. I expected a lot more from the man who gave us Superior Foes
>>
>>79825722
But we're not SUPPOSED to find her obnoxious, that's the thing.
>>
>>79831338
He was voted best writer while on Spider-man. His Spider-man run was really well liked by /co/ up until Alpha which was two years into his run.
>>
>>79833432
The problem with Cap is that Spencer can't decide if he wants to write serious social commentary or a funny book with werewolves and D-Man. It's not necessarily bad but it's nowhere as good as it could've been if he would stick to a single tone.

I'm not a fan of his Ant-Man but a lot of it is likely editorial meddling and it's closer to what I liked Spencer's style for before so even though I'm not too excited for more Lang, especially since Pym never had an ongoing, I don't have much of a problem with this book. It's forgettable, the kind of run nobody will likely remember but which won't be hated for ages either.
>>
>>79832637
Spencer's not good when he works on something that's mostly serious (Cap for example), never has been.
>>
>>79833457
>we're not SUPPOSED to find her obnoxious
Her character since her very first appearance back in Vengeance was "total bitch." It's, like, the only character trait that has stayed with her since Vengeance.
>>
>>79833432
Superior Foes was a snorefest. Bought volume 1 to see what all the hype on /co/ was about. Ended up forcing myself to finish it. Heavy duty buyer' remorse. But it at least confirmed by decision to stop buying Marvel books.
>>
I like Ewing.

He's like Gillen but without the smugness and hipster bullshit.
>>
>>79833552
I liked his Antman,it was my favorite Marvel title before Secret Wars, but after the relaunch it really feels like a different( and less funny) book even if the settings and the cast are the same
>>
>>79833736
>I ruled out a whole publisher because I didn't like a book
Holy shit you sound stupid. Theres also this thing called pirating
>>
File: 72m49lsg.png (825 KB, 675x1080) Image search: [Google]
72m49lsg.png
825 KB, 675x1080
>>79825651
When his Squirrel Girl starts being worse than North's.
When he actually stops being great.
>>
>>79833736
So not only do you have shit taste but shit reasoning as well?
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.