[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FOX-VERSE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 24
File: images.jpg (20 KB, 308x478) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
20 KB, 308x478
It gets very little buzz compared to the MCU and the DCEU, but their last four movies have been pretty damn good. What are your thoughts on their upcoming lineup?

>Bryan Singer's "X-Men: Apocalypse"

>James Mangold's "Wolverine"

>Doug Liman's "Gambit"

>Tim Miller's "Deadpool & Cable"

>Josh Boone's "New Mutants"

>Singer's "X-Men 7"
>>
Plus the "Legion" and "Hellfire" TV shows, and maybe even "X-Factor Investigations".
>>
>>79824068
>their last four movies have been pretty damn good

Are you counting Wolverine and F4 on that?
>>
>>79824094
Yes and no.

"The Wolverine" was pretty good.
>>
>>79824118
>"The Wolverine" was pretty good.

Nah.
>>
>>79824068
Are any of those confirmed at all except Wolverine? I think Fox needs to stop being pussies and make an X force movie.
>>
>>79824162
Yes, they're all confirmed.

"X-Force" was going to happen, but got scrapped.
>>
>>79824068
Hyped for Gambit. Hyped for Evans, McAvoy and Fassbender but not for the Apocalypse itself. Depending on their choice of characters, I might be interested in New Mutants.
>>
>>79824068
Deadpool was the best Fox film so far
>>
>>79824068
That's because their X-Men movies are a fucking joke. Having Mystique being the main character over Cyclops it's like ignoring Superman in a fucking Justice League movie and making the main character Harley Quinn.
>>
>>79825797
>Cyclops

You mean "Wolverine".
>>
>>79824068
They suck and they are forgettable

The should just return the rights back to marvel.
>>
>>79825797
>Having Mystique being the main character over Cyclops it's like ignoring Superman in a fucking Justice League movie and making the main character Harley Quinn.

Hard fact: the only non justice league character who is regularly in the top 100 selling comics is Harley Quinn.

There's an unshakable financial incentive for DC to capitalize her. And let me tell you, DC and success are rarely in the same sentence.
>>
>>79825797
This is so true

/thread
>>
What about X-Force?
>>
>>79826271
No, he means "Mystique".
>>
>>79824180
>"X-Force" was going to happen, but got scrapped.

Anybody told Liefeld yet?

>>79824246
that's not exactly high praise

>>79825797
>>79826523
The reason they had first Wolverine and then Mystique as central characters is because people actually wanted to watch them. If you want to blame anyone for Cyclops' absence, blame Marsden and Singer - it was down to them that he was presented so poorly originally.
>>
>>79824118
As a movie it is passable and then shits itself in the third act, as a Wolverine story it is bland, uninspired, and a total waste of any and all potential despite the fact that it is based on a very good comic that is a good example of how to use Wolverine as a character. Because of that in my mind it is inexcusably bad.
>>
File: flying dildos.gif (3 MB, 720x302) Image search: [Google]
flying dildos.gif
3 MB, 720x302
>>79825797
That is such an unbelievably good comparison and you perfectly described my thoughts.
>>
File: jeffrey-donovan-burn-notice.jpg (48 KB, 354x528) Image search: [Google]
jeffrey-donovan-burn-notice.jpg
48 KB, 354x528
>>79827414
>If you want to blame anyone for Cyclops' absence, blame Marsden and Singer - it was down to them that he was presented so poorly originally.

I'll never get Jeffrey Donovan as Cyclops.

Motherfucker has poise and control down. He's a damn leader.
>>
>>79826271
Hey guys remember when we complained about how Wolverine was the main character of these movies?

Good times. Reminder that everything could be worse... the main character could be Mystique.
>>
>>79826523
And that doesn't make having Harley as the main character in a JL movie less of a joke.
>>
I dont care about Mystique being the main character and I am an X-Men fan. Fox movies arent 616 Marvel.

If Fox wants Mystique, the chick from the last of us who played Kitty Pryde, non furry Beast and Havok to be the old adult X-Men, and Jean, Cyclops, Storm, Nightcrawler to be the new teenage x-men, let them do it, if they can make a good movie with that.
it is not a comic adaptation.
>>
>>79828212
We still do, aside from Apocalypse and the jew sympathing dofp everything is still also about wolverine
>>
>>79824141

seriously?
>>
>>79827630

There's no way this was unintentional.

Someone had to have lost a bet or something and was forced to greenlight this.
>>
>>79828348
That's why it sucks and they should just return the franchise back to marvel for a proper reboot
>>
>>79828355
>we still have Wolverine in everything except for every single new X-Men movie
>>
>>79827414
Yeah, I know the problems started with the very first X-Men movie and got bigger as the series developed. Nothing can be done at this point because they just went the easy way, instead of realizing they treated Cyclops like shit and start doing something better so people could like the character, they just embraced the fact that he's not popular and don't give a shit anymore.
>>
>>79827630

are those NOT supposed to look like dildos?
>>
>>79828348
There's so much you can change about something before that thing isn't recognizable anymore. I never thought it that way but I think this guy >>79825797 nailed it perfectly.
>>
>>79828414
Shit I mean that movie about shaw and Cuban missiles not dofp
>>
>>79828209

what about guy pearce, who is jeffrey donovan but better in every way? maybe pearce doesnt have the face for it actually
>>
>>79828348
>It is not a comic adaptation

Then why bother making it look like it is?
>>
>>79828451
>>79828386
there is a video on youtube that suggests they are intentionally penises and the movie is filled with symbolism of giving life but I think it is full of insane stretches.
>>
>>79828500

Pearce doesn't do franchise work.

He's a one-and-done kind of guy.
>>
>>79828522
>there is a video on youtube that suggests they are intentionally penises and the movie is filled with symbolism of giving life but I think it is full of insane stretches.

That video is pretentious drivel that is so biased it might as well have two assholes.

Yeah, the kryptonian technology is organic. But that doesn't excuse every other structural flaw in the film.
>>
File: 1401354558058.png (351 KB, 624x983) Image search: [Google]
1401354558058.png
351 KB, 624x983
The Singer X-Men franchise is my favorite super hero movie franchise. Aside from X-3 and Origins, every film has been at least great. The casting had been mostly spot on. Hugh's wolverine is also my favorite super hero.

And thank FUCK X-Men exists in its own universe. The world is so well established and the world makes sense for what one difference it has to ours, mutants exist.

It really annoys me that modern super hero movies need to cram every hero in their disposal for one huge universe, when several of them are strong enough to stand on their own. The universe just gets so bloated and convoluted with super soldiers AND aliens AND magic. I've always wanted Captain America, Iron man, Hulk, Spider-Man, and Ant-Man to be in one universe, Thor and Guardians to be in one universe, Batman, Superman,
Flash, and Green Lantern to be in one universe, and Aqua-man and Wonder woman to be in another.

But because fuck continuity and world building that makes sense, we gotta cram all of these different mythologies and lore together in comics- and once they've finally come to the big screen studies were too scared to pull them apart. Thank god X-men managed to stay away from all of that. I was happy with Nolan's Batman being able to live by itself but nothing gold can stay I suppose.
>>
>>79828348
Sure, but they haven't been making good movies. At this point I'd rather have something closer to the standard.
>>
File: 1449488431641.jpg (132 KB, 640x984) Image search: [Google]
1449488431641.jpg
132 KB, 640x984
>>79828952
oh and i totally forgot Dr. Strange. He should be in the Thor/Guardians universe.
>>
>>79824068
Lol. Last 4 films were pretty good.......try that again. They had maybe one decent film.
>>
>>79829109
>oh and i totally forgot Dr. Strange. He should be in the Thor/Guardians universe.

He is. He's a MCU character.
>>
>>79828952
Your taste is shit.
>>
>>79829222
that post was in relation to my previous post >>79828952
>>
File: _1411672826.jpg (37 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
_1411672826.jpg
37 KB, 600x300
>>79824118
It really shoot's itself in the foot at the end fucking up Silver Samurai? It's like they didn't learn anything from Wolverine Origins god damnit
>>
>>79828952
>Aside from X-3 and Origins, every film has been at least great.
None of them have been great films, unless you judging based on a genre curve. But in that case only X2 is great.
>The casting had been mostly spot on.
Famke was perfect and mostly wasted. Patrick Stewart was good. Fraiser was spot on. Ian Mckellan was a bit old but fine.

Everyone else, no.
>Hugh's wolverine is also my favorite super hero.
He's just a generic action hero in the movies.
>>
>>79825797
Yeah but you write for your biggest stars i.e. Hugh Jackman and Jennifer Lawrence it sucks but that's how it is they're the ones that can be marketed for the big bucks
>>
>>79829477
But that's why the franchise needs a proper reboot.
>>
>>79829458
>implying first class and DOFP werent fantastic
>implying any of the main actors arent great at portraying their character
who, by the way, does not?

and wolverine is an awesome hero. i'd explain why but i'm pretty sire you'd just "nope, you're wrong."
>>
>>79829547
Doesn't make sense dawg Cape flicks and J-Law are HOT HOT HOT right now flushing all that shit down the drain to appease comic fans would be silly
>>
Deadpool is going to replace Wolverine as the poster-boy of Foxvel?
>>
>>79824068
Might be good
Watching it for Patrick Stewart
>Doug Liman's "Gambit"
NOPE
FUCKYEAHBOII
Meh
>Singer's "X-Men 7"
Is this even a thing yet
>>
File: 18urq5dj43aqjjpg.jpg (165 KB, 800x612) Image search: [Google]
18urq5dj43aqjjpg.jpg
165 KB, 800x612
>>79829681
>Foxvel becomes an R rated franchise to one up the "goody goodies" at marvel it'll be like the edgy period of the 90's all over again

I mean that could be cool
>>
>>79824068
>Singer's "X-Men 7"
If it turns into something other than "The Mystique, Magneto, and Xavier Show ft. some other muties" then I may be excited. Apocalypse is looking good, but there's been little to no focus on the new guys, which is scary. Mystique and Beast are done after Apocalypse, but Singer has done a shit job at hyping up the newcomers.

Looking forward to everything else except Singer's X-Men future. Wolverine 3 will be interesting, but OML really can't be done in this Fox-verse.
>>
File: giphy.gif (252 KB, 350x243) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
252 KB, 350x243
>>79824246
But, seriously. No.
>>
>>79829595
>implying first class and DOFP werent fantastic
Most people who liked these films wouldn't call them fantastic.
>implying any of the main actors arent great at portraying their character
There are good performances here and there, but that doesn't make them perfectly cast.
>who, by the way, does not?
Me?
>and wolverine is an awesome hero. i'd explain why but i'm pretty sire you'd just "nope, you're wrong."
Again, the Wolverine of the films is just a generic action hero. The Wolverine of the comics is a little more interesting, but is overplayed as well, and gets worse as time goes on.

X-Men characters are usually better as used in the context of the team.
>>
>>79828348
>the chick from the last of us who played Kitty Pryde
I didn't know people still think Ellen Page was Ellie. It's Ashley Johnson you fucks.
>>
Seeing Deadpool really made me realize how disappointing the X-Men movies have been. Just so many great things they could do with the franchise but all the do is constantly tell the same story with Xavier, Mags, Wolverine and now Mystique.
>>
File: literally.jpg (369 KB, 1089x773) Image search: [Google]
literally.jpg
369 KB, 1089x773
>>79830024
>>
>>79830054
It's weird that the concept of distinct characters working together against odds is such a hard task for Singer and co.
>>
File: 1401302221024.jpg (44 KB, 610x348) Image search: [Google]
1401302221024.jpg
44 KB, 610x348
>>79830022
i meant who do you not think does a good job at portraying their character?

Wolverine is my favorite because he's a damaged badass. he's lived for a long time and has seen a lot of his loved once hurt and/or die. he's not really sure if he even wants to kill himself. despite that, he's still a good guy, even though he has a hard exterior.

his powers are also fucking rad, metal claws that fuck people up and regen. and it's regen that isnt cheap and boring, you feel like that if he's not careful he can die.

jackman is also super handsome
>>
File: giphy.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>79830093
The daughter from What Women Want?

The waitress who thanks the avengers on tv in The Avengers?

The teenage witch on the plane in the beginning of The Last Witch Hunter?

HELOOOOOO!?
>>
>>79828952
/thread
>>
>>79830093
>Gretchen Grundler on Recess
>Avengers waitress if you want to count that
>Terra in Teen Titans
>Gwen in Alien Force and up
>>
>>79830190
In other words, a generic action hero.

You sound like you're 14.
>>
>>79830276
man, fuck you. i knew i was wasting my time
>>
>>79830190
Did Hugh ever take any pics with that on?
>>
>>79829898
we do a thread yet on how they can make OML with just the Fox characters? (Sabretooth, Omega Red, etc)
there's also the odd inclusion of Prof X, even though he should be dead that far into the future.
>>
File: STREWTH.png (717 KB, 743x633) Image search: [Google]
STREWTH.png
717 KB, 743x633
>>79830215
>>79830244
well thanks
>>
>>79830306
It's not my fault your post was dumb. What actually makes the character interesting is nowhere to be found in what you said. Then again, it seems you're only familiar with the movies, so you wouldn't know.
>>
>>79830523
So, what's the difference between the comic and film Wolverine anon?
>>
>>79830523
that's entirely subjective, you dick

who's your favorite hero and why? let me tell you how generic he is

you still havent answered my question about the casting
>>
>>79830616
He's an animal. Think Rob Schneider.
>>
>>79829898
They don't have JLaw after Apocalypse and it's very unlikely they'll pay enough for her to sign for another set of movies.

It's not the character that sold.
>>
>>79830190
Considering the way they got the deadpool mask with the white eyes to emote, I don't see why they couldn't put Wolverine in the ol' yellow and blue/brown just to make the fans happy.

I'm sick of the motorcycle suits.
>>
>>79830728
they got rid of those in DOFP
>>
I want Singer to finally leave and hand over the reigns to Tim Miller and Ryan Reynolds.
>>
>>79830190

i remember when i was 12
>>
>>79830796
who's your favorite hero and why? i'll tell you how childish you are
>>
>>79830616
For starters, in the comics Wolverine isn't a six foot tall broadway actor.
>>79830658
>that's entirely subjective, you dick
And if you're the sort of person who thinks "oh man he's a hero but he's dark and brooding, has an instinct to kill, and has awesome claws, he's so cool" is interesting, then you're kind of dumb.
>who's your favorite hero and why? let me tell you how generic he is
Ethan Edwards in the Searchers.
>you still havent answered my question about the casting
Whats was it again?
>>
File: Ms._Marvel_38.jpg (287 KB, 800x1215) Image search: [Google]
Ms._Marvel_38.jpg
287 KB, 800x1215
>>79830616
>So, what's the difference between the comic and film Wolverine anon?

Comic Wolverine was a short wiseass haunted by his missing past, but also a pretty ruthless killer.

Jackman, though a wonderful fellow, is classically handsome and charismatic in ways Logan isn't.

One of the reasons X-Men Origins Wolverine is the nadir of the franchise is because it robbed Logan of the guilt of every willingly done anything bad. It simply made him a pawn of Stryker rather than a true accomplice.
>>
>>79824068
>Doug Liman's "Gambit"
Why does Gambit get his own standalone movie?

Interested.

>Singer's "X-Men 7"
Looking forward to it.
>>
>>79830796
So you just turned 13?
>>
>>79830867
i never said he's dark and brooding, nor would that be a reason why i like him. he HAD an instinct to kill but he's past that. and you dont think metal claws are cool? are they not sophisticated enough for you?

super hero, retard

read the thread, retard. that should be too hard for you
>>
New Mutants is really the only one I'm interested in because the guy seems like a fan. Doesn't he have custom bound editions of the series?

>tfw it won't be Claremont/Sienkiewicz NM stories
>>
>>79830911
>Why does Gambit get his own standalone movie?
Something about Channing Tatum having actually been considered for the role since the 2000s.
>>
>>79830880
Good post. I'd also add that how he fits into the dynamic of the team is very different as well. In the movies he's just an audience surrogate a lot of the time.
>>79830973
Dude, I don't care if he's you're favorite hero or whatever. You're the one who said he was the best and then blathered on like a child about all the things you think are cool about him. Again, nothing you've said makes him any more interesting than your average action hero.
>>
File: 1438941905851.jpg (27 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1438941905851.jpg
27 KB, 300x300
>>79831178
so you are retarded. i NEVER said he was the best, i said he was my favorite. you keep deflecting my points and questions with calling me a child. Funny thing is, it's pretty childish of you to be so insulting for no reason and then not defend yourself.
>>
The screenwriters for Gambit consulted Claremont. Can't we be a little hopeful for this?
>>
>>79824087
Legion doesn't tie in to the movies.

Though I wouldn't be surprised to see that change after Deadpool just got done steamrolling all expectations.
>>
>>79830911

Channing Tatum is popular. Fox wants to make a movie starring Channing Tatum, so it offered a Gambit movie. He accepted.

If it wasn't for Tatum the movie wouldn't be getting made.
>>
>>79831245
Don't split hairs. You said the Wolverine of the movies is "awesome" and I said he was pretty generic, especially compared to his character in the comics.
>>
>>79824118
nah, it was just okay.
>>
>>79831407
doesnt change the fact that you lied. also, you still havent answered my questions.

are we finished? or are you going to keep acting like a bitch?
>>
>>79830911
There aren't many popular characters who also can carry a standalone. Gambit is one of them. Now that Huge Actman and JLaw are leaving, they're throwing stuff at walls and look at what sticks.
>>
>>79830880
Excellent post.
>>
>>79831479
>doesnt change the fact that you lied.
Cynical much? Or are you just a manipulative worm.
>also, you still havent answered my questions
I asked you to restate them because I don't feel like going back through your posts. Are they even germane?
>>
File: 1450300993468.jpg (46 KB, 312x312) Image search: [Google]
1450300993468.jpg
46 KB, 312x312
>>79824068
>their last four movies have been pretty damn good

Fantastic Four?

AAYYY LMAO
>>
>>79831407
Comic wolverine is a generic as fuck action hero
>i bad murderer
>i join good forces
>i still bad
>no one can love me because i bad
>>
>>79831646
See
>>79830880
>>
Should Gambit be rated R as well?
>>
>>79831706
NC-17. They can't just repeat themselves.
>>
>>79831589
>>79831479
You two gonna fuck already?
>>
>>79830342
Maybe they'll have either Wade or Cable take Hawkeye's place.
Dammit I just want Huge Jacked Man Wolverine and Reynolds' Deadpool to have a buddy flick.
>>
>>79831811
Nah, I'm not a pedo.
>>
>>79831752
yeah, should be a straight up porno.
>>
>>79831893
And parents would still bring their kids.
>>
>>79831853
oh, I can definitely see Cable taking Hawkeye's place.
>>
>>79831866
Well, you two still sound like fucking retards.
>>
>>79831933
You wanna fuck too, I suppose.
>>
>>79829681
With the success its getting i wouldn't be surprised
>>
What X-men outfits were the best?

How would you give the X-men costumes?
>>
>>79831966
Nope, not a pedo.
>>
>>79830779
This.

that Miller dude did a great job as a first timer. He seemed to know mmore about X-Men then any of the directors.
>>
>>79825797
not to mention their timeline's a fucking mess right now.
>>
What did you guys think of Tim Miller?
>>
>>79832139
it's pretty simple, it's just been one reset
>>
File: 1454368439530.jpg (2 MB, 3433x5150) Image search: [Google]
1454368439530.jpg
2 MB, 3433x5150
>>79831998
>>
>>79832139
How? It's currently just First Class, the past bits from DoFP, Apocalypse, Deadpool, the very end of DoFP.
>>
File: Kitty_Pryde_by_Paul_Smith.jpg (33 KB, 256x387) Image search: [Google]
Kitty_Pryde_by_Paul_Smith.jpg
33 KB, 256x387
>>79831998
Blue and gold is good if they can't afford anything else. Unfortunately, Singer keeps taking us back to the mid 00's.
>>
>>79832247
And then when the contracts are up on the current batch of actors, do we get a retcon that washes away the events of these films?
>>
>>79832418
Seeing as how that hasn't yet happened, I fail to see how that ties into the timeline being a "mess right now"
>>
>>79831998
I'd say this is the best iteration we've seen. Including if they did something like >>79832267

Shapes-wise, it doesn't look like a Borat mankini and doesn't focus on the crotch too much while still keeping somewhat faithfull.

Color-wise, the blue is always kind of hard, and so is the yellow. For it to blend with the environment and tone without sticking out too much they have to keep it dirty. I like the one >>79832209 as far as uncostumized uniforms go.

The one future Logan used in DoFP was kind of cool, but it still looks too Singer-y and paint-ball themeed. They had great concept art that got scraped, as it usually is.
>>
File: 1441744764906.gif (1 MB, 446x469) Image search: [Google]
1441744764906.gif
1 MB, 446x469
>>79824118
>"The Wolverine" was pretty good.
It's so mediocre.

>>79827570
I'm with this guy.
If you read the comic, the movie makes a whole bunch of baffeling choices that just serve to make it worse.

The Wolverine mini this movie is very losely based on was probably the one X-Men story that you really could've just adapted outright. Because the only thing that's eye raising about the comic is how everyone in modern japan is still apparently a samurai, a ninja or maybe a Sumo. But the movie already did that anyway. And then added a whole bunch of dumb comic book tier nonsense that isn't even in the comic.
>The central plot is some retarded shit about stealing Wolverine's powers, instead of just Wolverine falling in love with the wrong girl and it escalates into a city-wide gang war
>final boss is Silver Samurai as an adamantium robot suit that drills into Wolverine's arms, instead of just a good sword fighting crime boss that doesn't want Wolverine fucking his daughter
>Yukio isn't a ninja, but can see in the future now for some reason, even though this doesn't affect the plot in any way
>Yukio is a completely boring serving girl whose character does nothing for anyone else in the movie
>in the movie, Wolverine learns no lesson, is completely unchanged and he's really just there to resolve action sequences against people that want to steal his powers
>the comic dives into Wolverine's conflict of man vs animal side and ends with Logan wanting to be more of a normal person
>>
>>79831998

I would make most characters have those textures with different designs. Cyclops would just be pic related because I love it.
>>
>>79828952
I really can't take this post seriously.

The problem isn't cramming mythologies in, it is bad writers not capable of doing it.

And also, I am a huge X-Men fan, how the hell can you like this franchise so much? Sure, Patrick Stewart and others are good casting, but the films have always been lacking in characterisation and really killer stories.

Days of Future Past was a lot better but even that had a lot of one dimensional people.

I would love some more world building and continuity.
>>
>>79829458
>Famke was perfect and mostly wasted.
She seemed too old for the part even back then (though looking at current pictures, she may have been an ageless vampire all along).

She still did some great work, especially as Dark Phoenix, but what do you know, Dark Phoenix was a side plot and barely in that fucking movie.
>>
>>79831017
>tfw it won't be Claremont/Sienkiewicz NM stories
The world still isn't ready for those sorts of weird super hero hijinks.
>>
>>79824068
I'm looking forward to seeing New Mutants.

Still doubting Gambit gets made.
>>
>>79824068
I'm still expecting this to get scrapped like X-Force.
Hell, I still don't believe Gambit is coming out. Shouldn't they have filmed it by now?
Anyway, New Mutants could be really cool if it actually sees the light of day.
>>
>>79833226
The entire movie was about Wolverine embracing the call of selfless heroism and overcome his dark past and guilt over the bad things he did.
>>
>>79835519
Thanks, James Mangold, but I'm afraid that didn't come out so well in your movie.
>>
>>79834875
I cant believe they are making a Gambit movie, but I think a new x-men movie about teenage mutants could make sense.
>>
>>79824118
I enjoyed it. Then again I just enjoy Jackman as Wolverine. I liked it as a nice, solitary escort story.
>>
>>79829109
Damn, is Thanos... some sort of purple sponge skrull? Nigga could wipe tables with that chin. Each crease looks like there should be a buttcrack line in the middle.
>>
>>79836887
Or maybe you're just stupid, since it wasn't even subtle.
>>
>>79833444
you dont think it's kinda silly and nonsensical that a world can have science, magic, and aliens all in one universe?

where was the magic in earth's existence? where were the aliens? why do the two only show up after the super soldiers are made? why cant they acquire magic and alien powers?

why not through dinosaurs and zombies into the mix? just fucking mix everything together
>>
>>79842472
>you dont think it's kinda silly and nonsensical that a world can have science, magic, and aliens all in one universe?
No?
>>
File: 1385955471635.png (2 MB, 1280x1214) Image search: [Google]
1385955471635.png
2 MB, 1280x1214
is julibee better as a vampire?
>>
File: 1451801796283.jpg (220 KB, 1024x1447) Image search: [Google]
1451801796283.jpg
220 KB, 1024x1447
>>79844122
You tell me
>>
File: image.png (187 KB, 600x339) Image search: [Google]
image.png
187 KB, 600x339
>>79824087
There's s chance of a Madrox TV show?
>>
>>79842472
Science + aliens is literally sci-fi. It fits perfectly.

Magic is sort of the odd one out, thematically, and I do prefer it to be in an urban fantasy, Hellblazer-esque separate thing, but it can easily mesh with sci-fi if you despict it as a way of accessing extradimensional entities/power sources instead of dudes in robes wielding staves on top of towers. Which is what the MCU will ikely do, so no conflict here.
>>
>>79830190
But the thing is, what you're saying here is practically cliche at this point.

Demolition Man even jokes (in 1993!) about this, categorizing them as "the moody-gunslinger-who-will-only-draw-when-he-must type."

"I've lived a long time, seen a lot of shit, left me broken up inside" is literally more than half of antiheroes in existence, and probably 90% of shonen anime. If you think that's what makes Wolverine cool you likely are underage.
>>
>>79844998
are you faggots still going on about this underage shit?

maybe it's cliche, but it's a cliche i like. cliches are not inherently bad

fuck off
>>
>>79845150
I'm not saying they're bad, and I agree with you - I think Wolverine's an interesting character.

But liking something specifically for its more cliche qualities is something more commonly found among people less familiar with the intricacies of the medium, and thus likely to be less critical of cliches. Those people tend to be younger.

But you're right, harping on you for liking something is bullshit. Go do your thing, Anon.
>>
>>79845507
it's not "specifically" for his personality, i also like his powers. i also like him more as a result of being in my favorite universe.
>>
So apprently Pocy transferred into a fresh body a couple thousand years ago but it made him vulnerable and he was betrayed. Also, Singer or Kinberg one of them said 2 generations of Horsemen will be depicted.

Mr Sinister?
>>
>>79835519
>selfless heroism
Going out of your way to save pussy you want to fuck is not selfless. Especially since she was only in emotional danger.
>>
Im sick of singers pedo shit tbqh

just return the xmen to marvel
>>
>>79845918
The Yakuza was trying to kill her.
>>
>>79824118
The R rated directors cut was so much better
Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.