[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on ANAD Wasp?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6
File: Wasp-ANADAvengers-db277.png (1 MB, 800x1218) Image search: [Google]
Wasp-ANADAvengers-db277.png
1 MB, 800x1218
Thoughts on ANAD Wasp?
>>
File: Wasp-design-db827.png (2 MB, 800x1056) Image search: [Google]
Wasp-design-db827.png
2 MB, 800x1056
>>
Oh god what is Vision going to do to her?
>>
It's great
>That color scheme
>Those shoulder covers and coat tails
>Those gloves
>That belt buckle
>Those boots
>>
>>79811670
>>79811729
so it's hope right? but instead of having janet for a mom, it's hank's first wife.
>>
>she isn't black
I'm amazed, desu
>>
>>79811777
We don't know yet. She's apparently super genius level intelligent and has a connection to Pym so it's likely.
>>
>>79811814
She's MtF
>>
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/waid-discusses-all-new-wasps-connection-to-hank-pym-janet-van-dynes-legacy-more

Apparently the Vision doesn't trust her and one of the Team is going to be pissed she took the title which is odd considering it's a team almost completely made up of legacy characters.
>>
>>79811777
>but instead of having janet for a mom, it's hank's first wife

That would be a trip. Even Waid forgot about her, unless he's recently referenced her.
>>
>>79811877
Was this ever confirmed or is it just another "Miles Morales is gay" moment?
>>
>black and red costume
Dropped. Most boring pallete costume can have.
>>
>>79811966
But that's what the original Wasp costume's color palette was.
>>
>>79811999
So? Was I saying I like original costume?
>>
>>79811729
Kinda cool.
>>79811946
I don't even think that, just some fags on twitter WANT her to be. Atleast Miles stemed from Pichelli being taken out of context, nobody has even said anything about her.
>>
>>79811905
50 bucks it's kamala. Since she was a fan of the original wasp
>>
>>79812157
Nigga that girl is white as fuck.
>>
>>79811670
>>79811729
Overdesigned garbage inspired by the unattractive golden age costume. She hasn't needed a helmet in decades of active duty. Why go back to it?
>>
A little spiky for my taste, but it could have been worse.
>>
I like the spikes.
>>
>>79811670
I have none.
>>
>>79812157
I hope not. I wanted there to be another girl for kamala to hang around with

Are they seriously gonna make kamala the cynical bitch of the team?
>>
Pretty neat. She's looks like a minion of Hordak.

In all All-New Wolverine she's in the old outfit. They really don't care anymore I take it.
>>
>>79812337
its not janet,
>>
'Why?' immediately springs to mind. Janet didn't need replacing.
>>
>>79812416
Because movies
>>
>>79811670
Well Hope's never really been in the comics. Wasn't she trying to kill the Avengers in some alternate timeline comic. So I guess it's good they're introducing a new wasp. And that she's a super-genius that can btfo Stark.
>>
>>79811670
Cool Design, but its going to be Hope because lolmovies.
>>
>>79811909
>>79811777

Yeah that was my thinking

or Hank randomly had a kid with someone

Or its one of the babies Tigra had

Or a skrull

Or that's who Jess is pregnant with
>>
>>79811729
Too weeb. Like there is a belt and lenses and everything.
>>
>>79812157
That would get her bitchslapped around the block for the hypocrisy.
>>
>>79811814
Asian. Super sentai?
>>
Is she a dominatrix?
>>
>>79811905
>Vision doesn't trust her
>one of the Team is going to be pissed she took the title
Ruling out Vision and ALL of the legacies on the team, then it has to be Tony. But if Tony doesn't like her and Vision doesn't trust her, how the hell did she get on the team? No one on that team has a reason to be mad she took the title. Miles is generally cool with everything and didn't even meet Hank or Jan. Kamala has no room to talk since she took one of Carol's old names. Everyone and their mother was a Nova, so I don't see how he could be mad. Fuck Jane Thor. Cpt. Falcon shouldn't be mad, but I can see it being him if they don't choose a legacy.
>>
File: 1441337826931.png (264 KB, 635x457) Image search: [Google]
1441337826931.png
264 KB, 635x457
>>79812217
>unattractive golden age costume
>golden age
>>
>>79812217

Movie synergy. The helmet's back in.
>>
>>79811777
Then she wouldn't have claim on the Wasp mantle, she would be Giant Woman or Ant-Woman

Brevoort said Janet was going to pop up back in Uncanny Avengers and we know Pymtron is too, it wouldn't be farfetched if they went to the microverse for awhile and had a kid then because of Pym particle shenanigans and microverse time being different (or whatever the writer pulls out of their ass) Hank and Jan come back looking the same and Hope comes back all grown up.

Or maybe the baby gets aged, or she's from the future, whatever the fuck happens they can find a way to make her Hope and Hank and Jan's daughter.
>>
>>79812126
Really? I thought the MtF anon was just joking.
>>
>>79811905
> "I will say that the Avengers, especially The Vision, will have a great deal of apprehension about [this new Wasp]. Her presence will not necessarily be a cause of celebration. In fact, one member of the team specifically takes enormous umbrage at the fact that this young woman has usurped the Wasp name and identity. That specific person's identity will surprise you, but also inform what we think of this new Wasp."

JFC this team is one giant drama after another giant drama.
>>
>>79811729
>wasp 50.0
Jans never-ending closet of costumes
>>
>>79812909
She was a villain called the Red Queen in the MC2 comics and she and her brother were pissed off at the Avengers and blamed them for their parents' death.

Her brother reforms and joins a Thuderbolts like group along with Kaine Parker and other former villains but Hope Pym remains evil.
>>
>Janet Van Dyne’s legacy as the Wasp is interwoven through decades of Marvel Comics—but now, a new character is going to take the moniker. Who is she? What’s her agenda? What’s her connection to the Wasp’s legacy? [James Whitbrook] sat down with writer Mark Waid to exclusively unveil the first details about the new Wasp.

>One detail Marvel is currently keeping mum on: her name. We may not know who’s in the new outfit, but we know Marvel is not looking for a replacement for the first Wasp.

>“[Marvel Editor Tom Brevoort and I] both love the Wasp, and we both love Janet Van Dyne—she’s instrumental to the Avengers, the one who named them. Everyone forgets, but she’s the one who recognizes that that guy they dragged out of the ice [as] being Captain America! She’s pretty sharp, and she’s always been a good, solid member of the team.” But Waid, who’s currently the head writer on the main Avengers comic book All-New, All-Different Avengers, leapt at the chance to add a new chapter to the story Janet Van Dyne’s hero had began.

>So rest assured that despite the existence of a new Wasp, there are still big plans for Janet elsewhere in the Marvel universe—and she hasn’t given up being the Wasp, either. “[Janet] just showed up in this week’s All-New Wolverine, and she’ll be making some appearances in Uncanny Avengers in upcoming months as well,” Waid confirmed, and added that the creation of a new Wasp presented a unique opportunity to explore her relationship with the Avengers. “Tom and I talked about it, and thought that we do want a Wasp present in the Avengers book, but does that necessarily mean she has to be an Avenger? It doesn’t necessarily have to mean that she has to be friend or foe. What can we do to develop that character in a way we haven’t seen before?”
>>
>>79811670
I think I know who she is Havok and Wasp's daughter.
>>
File: ANADWasp1.png (411 KB, 800x636) Image search: [Google]
ANADWasp1.png
411 KB, 800x636
>>79818195

All-New Wasp character design by Alex Ross.

>Waid was at first wary at delving into the legacy of a character he loved. “[It was] a little terrifying,” he said, when asked about being approached to write the character. “I’ve always been a fan of the Wasp, the thing we had to be most careful about was making readers understand that this isn’t a dismissal of Janet Van Dyne or her legacy, and I think we’ve accomplished that in the way we’ve set up our story.

>“We’re not in any way trying to replace Janet,” promised Waid.

>Janet will be aware of this new character taking on the Wasp identity (“I don’t think ... she’ll be particularly pleased,” Waid said) especially since the new character will actually have a much larger connection to another hero in the Marvel universe: the currently off-Earth Hank Pym, Janet’s former husband.

>“[The new Wasp] has a strong connection to Hank Pym. We will see that in the Free Comic Book Day story [that introduces her], and we will understand a large part of what that connection is, and how she has come to grips with this new Wasp identity. She’s a girl about 16, 17 years old, and we will see how she comes to grips [with her situation] at the same time that Hank himself left the Earth, as of the Rage of Ultron graphic novel last year, where he merged with Ultron and went off into space,” Waid teased when asked about the connection. “So this girl shows up at Hank Pym’s front door, looking to figure out what her connection to Hank is, and Hank is not there. Hank’s absence is a large part of what births this new Wasp as part of her origin.”

>So what sets the new Wasp apart from Janet? In terms of her power set, not much. “She very much has the same powers as Janet, but there’s some new wrinkles to them,” the writer said—but interestingly, those wrinkles will have a scientific background to them.
>>
File: ANADWasp2.png (440 KB, 800x629) Image search: [Google]
ANADWasp2.png
440 KB, 800x629
>>79818202

>“As silly as this sounds, there’s things about wasps that Stan [Lee] and Larry Lieber (Janet’s creators alongside artist Jack Kirby) didn’t know 50 years ago,”explained Waid. “I’m a big fan of when you model a character as someone with a biological origin, doing deep dives and a lot of research. [I did a lot] on wasps to see if there was anything interesting there to translate into a Marvel superhero. But I’ve also always been a big fan of the size-changing characters and what can be done with them there with what we’ve learned about quantum mechanics and that sort of thing in the last few years.”

>In terms of her character, the new Wasp will be a little more reckless and overconfident compared to Janet, but she’s also as brilliant as Marvel’s other scientific geniuses. “She’s very, very smart,” said Waid. “We have a lot of supergeniuses in the Marvel universe, but very few of them are women. I really wanted to give the main Marvel universe a young woman who is tomorrow’s Tony Stark or Reed Richards—she has more of a biochemical bent. Tony’s an engineer, Reed is very technological, but [the Wasp] is a biochemist wizard.”

>The new Wasp will first appear in Marvel’s prelude to its Civil War II event, released for Free Comic Book Day 2016 on May 7th. But it won’t exactly be a clear indicator of the role the new Wasp will play in the event, according to Waid. “We’re still trying to figure that out, and define her role in [Civil War II],” he said. “Her appearance in the FCBD issue is less related to Civil War II than it is to All-New All-Different Avengers.”

>Shortly afterwards, the Wasp will make a second appearance in All-New All-Different Avengers #9, and like Janet, they won’t be too happy to see this new hero.... if she even is a hero. “Remember, you used the word hero, not me!” Waid exclaimed.
>>
File: ANADWaspFCBDpreview.png (774 KB, 800x1222) Image search: [Google]
ANADWaspFCBDpreview.png
774 KB, 800x1222
>>79818218

Preview art from FCBD Civil War II #1, by Alan Davis.

>“I will say that the Avengers, especially The Vision, will have a great deal of apprehension about [this new Wasp],” he added, noting the Vision in particular due to his presence on Avengers #9's cover (above). “Her presence will not necessarily be a cause of celebration. In fact, one member of the team specifically takes enormous umbrage at the fact that this young woman has usurped the Wasp name and identity. That specific person’s identity will surprise you, but also inform what we think of this new Wasp.”

>After her appearance in Avengers #9, the new Wasp’s future will still be tied with the team. “She does not join the Avengers on their next mission in issues 10 through 12,” Waid told us, “but she will be part of a running subplot within the book.” It seems that it might be a while before we even begin to learn the character’s nature. “Ideally, we’d like to do more with her starting in issue 13, because we don’t want to answer the question yet about whether or not she’s friend or foe,” Waid concluded.

>But with Janet van Dyne still active as the Wasp, Scott Lang doing his own thing as Ant-Man, Hank Pym on his way back to Earth, and now this new mysterious person taking the moniker, it seems Marvel’s going all-in on its “biggest” shrinking family.

>Could a new team-up series be on the way? Apparently Waid is a fan of the idea. “That would be awesome!” he exclaimed. “Giant-Sized Ant-Man Team Up would be awesome. I would totally write that, in a heartbeat.”
>>
>>79818070
Kamala Khan is going to be a huge bitch to this new Wasp just like she's been a huge bitch to Nova

No one will be surprised
>>
>>79818201
But the interview says she's connected to Pym and not Janet. Seems more likely that she'd be some long lost daughter of Pym's.

Then again, Kang is the current main villain apperently so it's certainly possible.
>>
>>79818202
>She’s a girl about 16, 17 years old
Is this why Cassie Lang had to lose her powers?
>>
>>79818201
That would be cool and would have been better although she has a connection to Hank but yeah I would be OK with that.

Still Katie's mutant gene would probably start killing her due to the terrigen mist crap.
>>
>>79818252
Kamla took Carol's name without permission so she can't bitch about it.

But yeah I can see Kamala being the good girl to the new Wasp's bad girl dynamic and Sam kind of falling for the new Wasp making Kamala super jealous.
>>
>>79818311
Katie straight up doesn't have an X-gene. They had to hide her on Planet X because she and Janet were the only two baseline humans there
>>
>>79818350
So she bullies Kamala abut her difficulty with keeping up with her studies?
>>
>>79818231
So, how many characters that are size-change and/or insect armor people are there?
>>
>>79818729
New Wasp is suppose to be a super genius so yeah I can see her being a bully about it and Kamala feeling inadequate about it.
>>
>>79818810
The ones who are alive are Scott, Jan, Eric, Hank, and All New Wasp, Cassie too but she is depowered.

I think there is also a Tbolt character but I am not sure about him, don't know shit about Tbolts outside from what I read on Superior foes and Avengers.
>>
>>79818859
Does this mean training montage where see tries to GETSMART using the school science lab and stretching her mind to be more efficient like Mr. Fantastic but knocks herself out in the process?
>>
>>79818917
>Eric
>Alive
>>
>>79818859
Kamala also has size-changing powers sorta but they're nowhere near as good as any of the Ant-family of heroes.
>>
>>79811905
Waid became such a fucking hack, all of his worst qualities have vecome emphasized. Bad character understanding, shitty reveals, and full retard plots. Who even is the main antagonist of this first arc? I cnat even remember.
>>
>>79818810
>>79818917
Giant Man (Raz Malhotra)
Atlas
Goliath (Tom Foster)

Ms. Marvel can grow to giant size and shrink
The new Power Man grows giant size too
>>
>>79818985
She is a stretchy bullshit character.
>>
>>79811729
Red and black is always a winning combo.

I like it.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.