[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is She being Serious?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 16
File: 45.png (80 KB, 643x404) Image search: [Google]
45.png
80 KB, 643x404
She is supposed to be one of the best and more professional voice actors in the industry.
Why is she making a tweet like that one?
Does she really feel betrayed by Cartoon Network?
>>
Shouldn't she feel betrayed? it's been her character for years.
>>
>>79795865
Because she created the character, numbnuts.
>>
>>79795865
Tara Strong is such a hypocrite. She had no problem claiming Harley Quinn for her own as if she was always the voice of that character, but as soon as someone else got the role of Bubbles she's all A BLOO BLOO BLOO I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY STABBED ME IN THE BACK LIKE THIS
>>
>>79795894
Yes, But she is a professional actress.
She should understand that she can not keep the role forever.
>>
>>79795865
>recast the 3 main
>take everyone else back

It's kinda backstabby and shitty.
>>
>>79795894
>>79795925

its not her character and she didn't create her
>>
>>79795865
She did kinda voice the character for a decade. I mean, you can like doing your job and have a fondness for something you helped create.

She might even like the girl who does the voice but just feel bittersweet of her time working as bubbles, who knows.
>>
>>79795865
Because she IS the Mistress of Mystery.
>>
>>79795937
>hypocrite
That's what i need to Know if she is hypocrite or not, because i'm not sure if this is an Honest Tweet.
>>
File: nobody_cares.png (21 KB, 165x161) Image search: [Google]
nobody_cares.png
21 KB, 165x161
Do ANY of you know what a joke or hyperbole is?
>>
>>79795955
Shut the fuck up it's HER character
>>
>>79795865
>>79795894
>>79795925
>>79795937

You guys are idiots who obviously don't know basic English.

A stab to the BACK means betrayal

A stab to the HEART means you feel sad.
>>
>>79795999
If they can misinterpret it to fit their warped view of shows and creators, they will.
>>
Tara is such a bratty bitch. The only people who even give a fuck about her getting voice are her and her simps.
>>
This was discussed endlessly half a year ago.

tl;dr is Tara has nothing against the new VA's. She didn't understand though why she was not even given the option to reprise her role, considering many others were given that same option.
>>
>>79795953
>>recast the 3 main
>>take everyone else back
>It's kinda backstabby and shitty.
Did anyone keep their original Role?
>>
I disagreed with her but then I heard the new generic as fuck voices.
>>
According to Tara and the other voice actors, they only found out about being replaced at the same time everyone else did. It's not her character and she should be used to a business that replaces veterans on a whim, but it still feels shitty that CN couldn't tell her and the others beforehand.
>>
>>79795937
>it's a le harley quinn post
Never get tired of these. Arleen Sorkin stepped down from the role of Harley Quinn. She gave it up because she couldn't do it anymore. In this case however, Bubbles was taken away from Tara when she is still able to perform the role.
>>
>>79795865
>Why is she making a tweet like that one?
She feels she's some kind of VA diva, as much as one can call themselves that in such a lowly field.

>I'm the king of the ditch diggers
>>
>>79795937
That's because Arleen Sorkin retired and she gave her blessing for Strong to take over the role.
>>
>>79796059
>Arleen Sorkin stepped down from the role of Harley Quinn. She gave it up

not true.
>>
>>79795947
>Yes, But she is a professional actress.
She only made a tweet about it, she isn't suing for 100 million. It's people like you, that take the internet to heart that are the real problem.
>>
>>79796041
This. CN didn't act very professionally but it doesn't excuse her shitty behavior. She's just stroking her ego by making her twitter sycophants compliment her. Didn't she also encourage them to attack the VA's at one point?
>>
so how much horsefucker semen has she taken at hotels during post-convention bukakke sessions again?
>>
>>79795999
>ypocrite
>That's what i need to Know if she is hypocrite or not, because i'm not sure if this is an Honest Twe
Is this a Joke? , I do care about that possibility. that's why i opened this thread
>>
>>79796032
Mojo Jojo, Ms. Keane and the Mayor are all being voiced by the original actor.
>>
>>79796093
>nuh uh
Post proof to shut me up then.
>>
>>79796097
Yes. Tara Strong told her twitter followers to hunt down and accost the new voice actors for daring to take one of her roles.
>>
This isn't fucking Japan, where they will reuse VAs all the time at the same rate negotiated when they first voice the character.
VAs cost money in merriclap the more they reprise thanks to muh unions.
>>
Women!

You dont see Kevin Conroy or Mark Hamill cry everytime when they cast someone else for Batman and Joker.
>>
You guys are making me remember the Powerpuff Girls Z dub and how it was just Ocean actors doing weird imitations of the cast. And that they made Snake a girl for no reason. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHshHvTJUYs
>>
>>79796001
Well you die from Both.....
>>
>no original three
well im not watching it. it'll sound too different for my liking.
>>
>>79796001
Yeah, basically this. It just kinda sucks to not be a part of a character anymore.
>>
>>79796059
>taken
Jesus fuck just kill yourself. It's fucking work for hire.
>>
>>79796141
That's not how proof works. When you make a claim, the burden of proof lies on the positive, not the negative. If the two of you are arguing about whether or not happens, it's up to the person arguing it did happen to prove it did. If no proof can be found that it happened, then the side arguing it didn't happen wins.
>>
>>79796096
>he isn't suing for 100 million
Because she can't you fucking mong
>>
>>79796096
But passive aggressive comments always mean something.
>>
Stab in the heart means sad

She hates the reboot not the role
>>
>>79796169
We saw David Hayter getting extra butthurt about Kiefer Sutherland replacing him as Snake though.
>>
This is from June 2015, when the change of voice actors was announced. Stop flaunting it around like it's some ongoing grudge thing, jack ass.
>>
>>79796096

>taking the internet to heart
>somehow worst than taking a dagger to heart
>>
>>79796141
She's fucking retired. She hasn't been in anything since 2011, and Arkham Asylum, DC Universe Online and Days of Our Lives are the only things she's appeared in since 2004.
>>
>>79796169
Batman and Joker existed long before them and will after they retire. She did voice Bubbles first, although she is being overly-dramatic about it.
>>
>>79796001
Ding.
>>
>>79796278
I'm pretty sure all the OG Powerpuff VAs expressed some disappointment in not being called back for the reboot.
>>
>>79796169
They always return for future roles.
>>
Is there any reason to watch the show at all? It's the same ip, that's it. None of the people who actually made the show what it was are there.
>>
>>79796252
To be fair, Hayter's career was basically built around Snake. Without that, he's got, what? Writing screenplays?
>>
>tweeted June, 2015

Way to get on the ball there, anon.

Too bad I'm out of Slowpoke images.
>>
>>79796059
Why thespians always make the best voice actors?
>>
>>79796240
>what ifs

master debater right here
>>
>>79796121
Oh Thanks! i didn't Know
>>
>>79796267
That's literally what I said. She stepped down because she retired. Just because I neglected to mention the retired part doesn't mean my point is wrong.
>>
>>79796034
You mean Gerneric young woman or Generic Female?
>>
>>79796325
>Is there any reason to watch the show at all?
No. It's the same IP but it's meant to cater to a new generation of little shits now. It's not meant for us anymore.
>>
>Oh noes, Generic Little Girl Voice #483 isn't going to be done by Tara! However will the world keep spinning?
>>
>>79796322
Really? What about Batman Under the Red Hood? Or Batman Brave & the Bold?
>>
>>79796150
Do You have the Tweet? That's Something i want to see.
>>
>>79796554
Try to detect sarcasm better next time.
>>
>>79796327

Also he was more involved with MGS and had a relationship with Kojima so it was a huge FU to not be told. Essentially this is the same though. She was childish about it to some degree but voice actors have feelings too and they can get attached to certain roles. It's just natural.
>>
>>79796446
>Bubbles
>Generic Voice
actually you've got a good point there
>>
>>79796000
no it's not, it's like saying tobey maquire is spiderman and he can only be spider-man. She's acting very unprofessional.
>>
Tara's Bubbles voice sounds like shit these days anyway.
>>
>>79796695
Each time I see women like Tara I wonder, what do they look like at the crack of dawn, with no makeup, just before they go to shower?
>>
>>79796685

>saying your sad because your role was taken from you is "unprofessional"
>>
>>79796829
>because your role was "taken" from you
Did she have a contract still in effect, guaranteeing her the role? No? Then what was taken from her?
>>
>>79796858

>i am an emotionless robot who can't understand the feelings of others
>>
>>79796858

The role of bubbles you dipshit read the fucking thread
>>
>>79796355
Huh? She has no grounds on what to sue, you moron. She doesn't own the character.
>>
>>79796858
It's easy for you to say because you never voiced Bubbles for almost a decade. And you have no empathy.
>>
>>79795865
CN betrayed every single one of its veterans. It seems that Maxwell and Genndy are the only ones who returned, and still - Maxwell is on a dead show, and Genndy is on Adult Swim show
>>
>>79796897
Entitlement is not a feeling I care much about.
>>
>>79796897
Well I can't understand her getting worked up over a show that's been off the air for a while before the reboot. And it doesn't help that she's rich enough to have her own studio in her house, so I don't get the pissyness.
>>
>>79796946
>Implying Adult Swim is bad
>>
>>79796191
Only faggots die from a stab in the back! Pussy fuckers shrug that shit like a slap on the butt!
>>
>>79796984
I meant that AS is technically not CN
>>
>>79796695
source?

last i heard her do it on kevin smith's show and it sounded fine
>>
>>79796948
>>79796962

Are you so autistic that you can't possibly understand voice actors getting attached to their characters?
>>
I would FUCK the voice behind Twilight Sparkle
>>
>>79797042
I can understand it very much, but not the theatrics.
>>
>>79796554
>>79796411
>>79796384
>>79796191

Are you Chris-chan, or just some other sperg?
>>
>>79795999
>Do ANY of you know what a joke or hyperbole is?

do you mean obvious bait? or ironic shitposting?
>>
>>79796636
I don't know, Snake is an iconic character and part of the medium identity as a whole. The Powerpuff girls is a cartoon among a sea of hundreds that is solely liked for nostalgia. I feel it would be really stupid to call any of the girls iconic
>>
>>79797076
Twitter posts aren't theatrics. They are basically public diaries.
>>
>>79797076

>a tweet is "theatrics"
>>
did she demand too much money?
>>
>>79797299

>The Powerpuff girls is a cartoon among a sea of hundreds that is solely liked for nostalgia.

>>>/out/
>>
>>79797335
And what is a diary other than a place where one can inflate their troubles to mighty proportions, when in fact it's just a hair's breadth away from "I got a zit before picture day"-grade life-emergency.
>>
>>79795865
It's really shitty that she's constantly acting like this. They gave the VA roles to a bunch of newcomers. It's super hard to get into the VA industry and this is their big break.

Christ Tara you have enough work.
>>
>>79797450
you have got to be kidding me

they gave them to new VAs because of the sole reason they wanted to spend as little money as possible. you give NEW VAs to NEW characters, not to established properties with large followings and a ton of history behind them. if this were actually a completely new show you'd be right

please stop this memes about "MUH NEW TALENT"
>>
>>79796076
I always see shit like these but with no source. I feel like its just shit made up
>>
>>79797632
Oh yeah they definitely gave the roles to the newcomers to save money, no argument here.

But it's not the fault of the new VAs. Everything I said is still true, this is a huge opportunity for them and by constantly shitting on them and denouncing them as not as good as she is, Tara is being really petty.
>>
File: 2342.jpg (8 KB, 165x163) Image search: [Google]
2342.jpg
8 KB, 165x163
>>79795865
>Tara Strong
>Acting professional
>>
File: JonTron.gif (2 MB, 635x335) Image search: [Google]
JonTron.gif
2 MB, 635x335
>>79795865
Wow it actually pisses me off that she has the ego to act bratty like that because someone else is voicing a character.

Her recent attitude that spawned since like 2012 when bronies treated her like a goddess is really making me despise her and I think this is the icing on the cake that makes me hate her completely.

Like mostly every other voice actor/actress seems to be genuine and have a humbleness to them. But Tara acts like on of those attention whore teens you see on Instagram that realizes people like her and fap to her.

I will continue to enjoy her old work back before she was a self absorbed slut but now will just cringe at any post MLP crap she has been in.
>>
>>79796757
Disheveled, tired looking women without make up is my fetish
>>
>>79797799
> But Tara acts like on of those attention whore teens you see on Instagram that realizes people like her and fap to her.
Dude, she is an attention whore that realizes people like her and fap to her. Did you see her tits? She has command over millions of sadsack virgins across the world.
>>
>>79797734
She literally made one tweet about having her feelings hurt. You think she doesn't feel attached to Bubbles at all?

What is so wrong with that, exactly?
>>
>>79797813
>Dude, she is an attention whore that realizes people like her and fap to her. Did you see her tits? She has command over millions of sadsack virgins across the world.

Sorry saying "acts" wasn't the correct word choice, I agree she is a full on attention dick sucker.
>>
File: my nigga aku.jpg (33 KB, 625x476) Image search: [Google]
my nigga aku.jpg
33 KB, 625x476
>>79797813
I see you have superior taste, anon.
>>
>>79797669
You'd love it to be bullshit wouldn't you? Then your unjustified feelings could have some weight.

http://www.batman-online.com/index.php?news;id=43#sthash.kT0JuxN4.HOgNS2Qj.dpbs
>>
>>79795865
Here's a game!

Find anyone in this thread who likes Tara and drools over her and you have found an underage anon!

Whoever finds the most wins!
>>
>>79797799
Fuck, why you so mad?

No really, why do you care so much? It's one tweet where she makes it clear she wanted to voice the character and probably felt attached to the series. You're reading way too deeply into this with some impotent nerd rage.
>>
>>79798048
Look, do you want to have a thread or not?
>>
I SAID IT BEFORE ILL SAY IT AGAIN: THIS BITCH IS A SELF CENTERED CUNT WHO IS JEALOUS OF ANYONE ELSE AND THINK SHES GOD OF THE VA WORLD AND THAT IT REVOLVES AROUND HER.

FUCK THIS BITCH, SHE DID NOT CREATE BUBBLES OR HARLEY QUINN OR ANY OTHER CHARACTER SHE VOICED OR VOICES. SHE DIDNT CREATE TWILIGHT. SHES JUST A VOICE SHE HAS NO CONTROL OVER THE CHARACTERS OR THE PROPERTIES. AND SHE DOESNT UNDERSTAND THAT THEY OWE HER NOTHING. ACTORS COME AND GO.

FUCK YOU TARA FUCK ANYONE WHO STICKS UP FOR THIS PIECE OF SHIT
>>
>>79798048
>No really, why do you care so much? It's one tweet where she makes it clear she wanted to voice the character and probably felt attached to the series. You're reading way too deeply into this with some impotent nerd rage.
>one tweet
>ONE TWEET

Her Twitter is a gold mine of her being an attention whore.

You remind me of one of those people who defend Kevin from Game Grumps when he makes an edit mistake.

>Bu-but it's one edit mistake don't be so harsh on him!
>>
File: Chew - Revival-018.png (948 KB, 608x735) Image search: [Google]
Chew - Revival-018.png
948 KB, 608x735
>>79798105
You seem a touch upset.
>>
>>79795865
>She is supposed to be one of the best and more professional voice actors in the industry.
Is she?
>>
>>79798105
>I SAID IT BEFORE ILL SAY IT AGAIN: THIS BITCH IS A SELF CENTERED CUNT WHO IS JEALOUS OF ANYONE ELSE AND THINK SHES GOD OF THE VA WORLD AND THAT IT REVOLVES AROUND HER.
>FUCK THIS BITCH, SHE DID NOT CREATE BUBBLES OR HARLEY QUINN OR ANY OTHER CHARACTER SHE VOICED OR VOICES. SHE DIDNT CREATE TWILIGHT. SHES JUST A VOICE SHE HAS NO CONTROL OVER THE CHARACTERS OR THE PROPERTIES. AND SHE DOESNT UNDERSTAND THAT THEY OWE HER NOTHING. ACTORS COME AND GO.
>FUCK YOU TARA FUCK ANYONE WHO STICKS UP FOR THIS PIECE OF SHIT

>All caps

I agree with you but calm your tits you look like you are from Tumblr when you type like that.
>>
>>79795937
She's not mad at the new actress, she's mad that she found out through twitter instead of CN going "hey just to let you know, we're going with someone else".
>>
>>79798178

thats their way of saying "sorry, but you are saturating everything with your roles, and we want to give new talent a chance. also you are a self centered cunt. Love, CN"
>>
>>79798141
I don't pay attention to her twitter but there's nothing unreasonable about this tweet. I don't care if you call her an attention whore because of whatever other shit she's done but complaining about this just makes you look like a retard.
>>
>>79798141
No, I asked why you care so much. Why go on her twitter then? Why do you even give a shit about game grumps? Why do you seem to proudly and purposely make yourself mad over tiny things like editing mistakes or a vice actresses twitter.
>>
>>79798237
more like their way of saying "we know the entire fanbase wants you to come back and you love the character very much but we've decided to go with much cheaper VAs because this entire reboot is a cash grab and we don't care about old fans. also the new VAs will probably be bad anyway."
>>
>>79798237
>we want to give new talent a chance

Tara is in way to much stuff but you know that's a huge load of crap. CN wants to put as little money into this as possible in case the blind nostalgia doesn't pay off.
>>
File: 1455143694244.jpg (35 KB, 560x542) Image search: [Google]
1455143694244.jpg
35 KB, 560x542
>>79795865
Guys calm down she's just joking.
>>
>>79795865
You forgot the petition she made to get the original voice actors back.
>>
File: Slowpoke.png (177 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Slowpoke.png
177 KB, 400x300
>>79795865

Why in the fuck did you make a thread about a Tweet from June 8th of last fucking year?

And why the fuck is everyone stupid enough to reply?
>>
>>79798391
I guess its too bad that didn't work and now we're stuck with the cringe worthy new voices now
>>
>>79795865
Why is anyone defending the reboot at all, I watched a bit of it and they turned it into a bland shitshow devoid of the charm it had.
>>
>>79798473
Because its become a /co/ meme to hate whatever Tara does. Even if it means defending a terrible reboot and CN shitting on their old fanbase.
>>
>>79796278
>She did voice Bubbles first
Actually, she didn't. Not in the 1st two shorts made for "What A Cartoon". Kath Soucie was 1st
>>
>>79795865
>Does she really feel betrayed by Cartoon Network?

She should be. Replacing a worker that was doing a great job is an act of betrayal, always, in all industries.
>>
File: 1381993419404.gif (2 MB, 282x257) Image search: [Google]
1381993419404.gif
2 MB, 282x257
It is going to be modern feminazi pandering trash. Everyone knows its going to be dog shit anyway. Who cares at this point?
>>
>>79795865

>She is supposed to be one of the best and more professional voice actors in the industry.

You're not being serious, right?

She's well known and mostly well liked, but this kind of shit is pretty typical of her behavior.
>>
File: 1446084818916.jpg (73 KB, 600x535) Image search: [Google]
1446084818916.jpg
73 KB, 600x535
>>79795865

>mfw people actually believe this
>>
File: 1451175067394.gif (2 MB, 294x233) Image search: [Google]
1451175067394.gif
2 MB, 294x233
>all this bitching over a VA

VA's are expendable because there's always a sound-a-like out there to replace them.
>>
>>79795955
I think she took part in the character creation. Not the initial idea, but fleshing her out.
>>
File: tony_jay.png (828 KB, 668x885) Image search: [Google]
tony_jay.png
828 KB, 668x885
>>79799006
>VA's are expendable because there's always a sound-a-like out there to replace them.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm sorry, but your comment was so retarded I had to laugh it off.
>>
>>79799006
not really
>>
>>79799006
>I don't know how voice acting works look at me please
>>
>>79799006
Then why isn't half the cast of the Simpsons replaced yet?
Marge, Bart and Lisa's VAs pretty much do only one voice.
>>
>>79797669
https://twitter.com/tarastrong/status/608033768264318977
>>
>>79798422
It may be because the trailer that was relesed yesterday.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY2Jsku_Mvs
>>
>>79802557
I hate the voice.
>>
>>79802653
I Think it's Meh
>>
>>79796897
> don't understand the acting world.
>>
>>79796935
that's part of the acting world you fucking moron. You don't keep it, because some business execs feel sorry for you.
>>
File: 546457.jpg (18 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
546457.jpg
18 KB, 480x480
>>79795865
No lie though that asian chick is qt as fuck i wanna do inappropriate things to her
>>
>>79798178
that's too bad, business like acting you are lucky to find out through twitter.
>>
>>79799086
it's the easiest job in the world, this,is coming from an actor. if you know any thing about acting is that you are replacable. toughen up or get out of the biz.
>>
File: 4rC0xyy[1].png (29 KB, 580x250) Image search: [Google]
4rC0xyy[1].png
29 KB, 580x250
>>79795865

> supposed to be one of the best and more professional voice actors

The presence of anyone more than mildly interesting on Twitter aren't that professional.
>>
>>79805419
>im totally an actur guuyyzzz

you're a retard
>>
>>79805340
I would cum in her ass so hard her internal organs would bleed.
>>
>>79796001

/thread
>>
File: 1336887351558.png (205 KB, 439x510) Image search: [Google]
1336887351558.png
205 KB, 439x510
>>79795865
One'd think a veteran would be more welcoming of new blood joining the business, especially if said veteran is still doing quite well herself.
Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.