[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>It's a "Oliver goes full retard" episode
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 10
File: arrow.jpg (31 KB, 670x447) Image search: [Google]
arrow.jpg
31 KB, 670x447
>It's a "Oliver goes full retard" episode
>>
>>79793078
>episode

series.
>>
>>79793085
It is physically painful to watch this season as characters do complete 180 flip flops in one fucking episode.
>>
>>79793085
>It's a everything revolves around Felicity series.
>>
OLIBUUUUUUURR
>>
>>79793093
Ironically Roy is the only one who hasn't.
>>
>>79793111
Only because Roy has been missing for a large part of the season.
>>
Jesus. /co/ really fucking hates Felicity.
I mean I don't like her either but Jesus this is a lot of hate. I'm not saying she doesn't deserve it or even to stop but pause and take a look at yourselves every once in a while. This amount of hate isn't healthy.
>>
>>79793126
>Shitty character that gets way too much screen time
>Why do people hate her
>>
>>79793078
I liked his episode, it was a perfect ten/10/

OP is just a fag
>>
>>79793133
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>79793140
>Muh Thea
>In the same fucking episode where Oliver talks about his Dad sacrificing himself to save him
>He selfishly ignores everything and wants muh perfect outcome for Thea
>>
thea the prevously worst character in the series is about 10% better

thea is currently the best character in the show

how

did they

FUCK

this up

sooooooo

Much
>>
I fucking hate tvtropes but I read this there a while ago and it explains a lot of bad tv writing, and pretty much the entire Smallville show:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/IdiotBall
>>
>>79793154
Actually i'm a Nyssa fag
>>
>>79793167
>I fucking hate tvtropes
>but I still read it frequently and linger on it and link others to read it as well and discuss things i read on it
>>
>>79793167
Why would you hate tv tropes its a fun site to lose a few hours of life to
>>
>>79793174
>Muh husband
>Muh Oliver
>No no Lotus for you
>Ayy lmao I destroy the very plot device that the entire episode was centered around at the end
Nyssa goes full retard as well
>>
>>79793154
Wow you are one anal idiot. The great part of that episode was putting Malcolm where he belongs, on the bad guys side
>>
>>79793195
Doesn't excuse the writing from being horrible as fuck.
>>
>>79793185
Wow, you don't understand anything. Blues Clues must have frustrated the fuck out of you
>>
>>79793216
Yes please help me understand everyone's retarded motivations this episode.
>>
File: 58063282.jpg (141 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
58063282.jpg
141 KB, 400x400
>>79793178
>>
>>79793216
You bet your ass it was frustrating. That fucker would be all like where's the clue and I would be shouting at that dumb shit right where it was pointing right at it and he'd just keep going huh? what? where is it? Jesus christ steve how many times did I have to fucking say it you slow witted fuck.
>>
>>79793229
they are pretty obvious so no level of Barney speak would help you understand basic logic
>>
>>79793241
>>
>>79793252
>I will do anything to save Thea
>Except let Malcom kill Nyssa
>Thea is so important to me
>Except I am willing to do convoluted bullshit instead of just saving her

10/10 basic logic right here
>>
>>79793284
Ah, so you are just pissed Oliver tried diplomacy over a murder spree, one where he just killed Nyssa.

Felicity spotted, probably the one who told Malcolm about William in hopes that he would get rid of the competition
>>
>>79793354
>He killed Nyssa
Yes. He was the one killing Nyssa. Not Malcolm. Did you even watch the same episode?

>Muh diplomacy
Had he allowed Malcolm to kill her innocent lives won't be spilled, Thea would be saved. You would think 4 seasons would teach him something about the greater good but he goes full retard instead. For his own selfish reasons, he wanted a perfect outcome. Luckily he has enough plot armor to pull it off. Not so lucky were the bystanders caught in the league vs league fights. But hey they aren't named are they? Oliver from Season 1 is much smarter than the Oliver we currently see.
>>
>>79793389
Don't forget this part

>I need you to kill Malcolm and get me the ring
>Okay just the ring will do
>My solution out of an "impossible" situation was to defeat Malcolm and get the ring
>This solution took 40 minutes to arrive at
>Instead of the 5 it should

No wonder
>>79793241
>>79793272
Are right
>>
>>79793284
>>79793437
It's like you guys haven't watched that episode.

Malcolm outright tells Oliver he's dumb.
>>
>>79793493
Hence the OP
>>
>>79793154
>>Muh Thea

Better than
>Muh Felicity
I'll take Thea angst over Felicity feels any day, thank you.
>>
>>79793551
You forgot Season 2?
>>
Okay, I'm gonna ask the obvious question.

Why the flying fuck was it necessary to cripple Malcolm to get the ring off? You cut off his fucking hand and then punched him to knock him out. WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST PUNCH HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE, YOU FUCKING PSYCHOPATH?
>>
>>79793623
>It's an Oliver goes full retard episode
>>
>>79793632
Full retard doesn't even begin to cover it. I was just starting to get a bit of hope back into this show. Figured maybe it won't be as bad as season 3. Nowhere near seasons 1 and 2, but hey - it's growth.

Then this shit happens. This episode was the dumbest fucking shit I've seen in a long time. It's worse than the time Oliver got stabbed through the chest, then kicked off a cliff, falling 100m onto rocks, in the freezing cold, with no shirt on, then he recovered completely in a couple of weeks with nothing but fucking HERBS.

Oh, and let's cripple the ONE villain in the entire show who can straight up beat Oliver without superpowers or mirakuru and shit.

My god I'm so mad.
>>
>>79793674
All the good writers moved to Flash
>>
The problem with the show is we all got cucked. It started out as a decent comic book show with some stupid drama, and in the second season it became a good comic show with stupid drama. Then the execs implemented their plan, it went full drama in the third season.

We aren't watching a comic book show, we are watching a drama. Oliver isn't the main character, Felicity is.
>>
>>79793623
At first I thought they were faking it, cause that was just such a retarded move that it had to have somehow been orchestrated, but the fact that they actually went thorugh with it, and then the fact that "surprise, surprise" it's going to backfire in their faces is just going full retard.
>>
>>79793126
>but pause and take a look at yourselves every once in a while. This amount of hate isn't healthy.
They never do and never will. I'd say just filter it out but it reached the level you cant ignore it since they went way past the hate threshold where they have to just bitch about something at every turn and just look like blathering idiots as expected of 4chan. I mean the person who responded didnt even seem to read what you typed and automatically assumed you were defending her.
>>
I'm watching ep12

I was hoping Ollie would say "Roy Harper, you have failed this city." when he broke through the window
>>
>>79793185

Nyssa's decision makes perfect sense character wise. She fucking despises Merlyn, so even if in the end she didn't want to rule the league, do you really she'd let an asshole like Merlyn stay in charge? After killing Sara and orchestrating all the bs to get the throne for himself, robbing her birth right? You understand nothing of honor and legacy.
>>
>>79794015
>you have failed this city

I don't get it is this some kind of movie reference? Why would Oliver say this completely random sentence?
>>
>>79793623
>Why the flying fuck was it necessary to cripple Malcolm to get the ring off?

Merlyn needed to be defeated in trial combat under witnesses with the proper etiquette in order for the league to go along with Nyssa assuming power from Merlyn. This is a secret, centuries old assassin cult, you need to follow protocol.
>>
>>79794085
>current arrow writers: the post
>>
>>79794085
It's a reference to a better show.
>>
>>79794052
>Let me blackmail the guy who has saved my life multiple times with his sister's life, drag a war into the streets of his city because I am too much of a pussy to fight my own battles.
What a joke. Honor? Legacy? All I see is a coward hiding behind Oliver because she has no power to wield her own legacy which was stolen from under her nose.
>>
>>79794142

All Nyssa did was seek an option where she didn't have to split the league in half and cause an internal civil war that would have decimated the league. It's entirely tactical decision, and considering her way was offering Merlyn a way to save his daughter in exchange for abdicating, it was a honorable way to do it. Using Oliver to intermediate the deal makes sense when Merlyn is known to be backstabbing sack of shit.
>>
>>79794201
By blackmailing someone into fighting your battles for you? Also the initial condition was for Oliver to kill Malcolm not just to abdicate. The heir to the Demon's Head reduced to a coward. Her father was right in not giving her the ring, he probably flipped a few times in his grave during this episode.
>>
So, what was even the point of Katana in previous episode?
>>
>>79794285
What was the point of the entire episode. Oliver could have solved it by knocking out Malcolm and taking his ring in the first 10 minutes.
>>
>>79794293
Delete this.
>>
>diggle literally just shot a guy in the back
>OH NOES CANT LET THEA KILL ANYBODY
This show

Even the fight choreography was bad
>>
>ill freely give it to you on one condition
lol
>>
>>79794724
All the good writers went to flash
>>
>>79794101
"Proper etiquette" in a ritual fight to the death is fighting until one of them is DEAD, not until one loses a limb.
>>
Why not just let Nyssa and Malcolm kill each other?

Fuck it, there's no reason not to
>>
>>79794865

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUJccK4lV74
>>
>>79793078
How close is Nanda Parbat meant to be in Arrow? People go back and forward to it like it's a suberb of Star City.
>>
File: Nanda_Parbat.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Nanda_Parbat.png
2 MB, 1280x720
>>79794979
Extremely accessible as you can see here. They even have a path for you to walk up to.
>>
>>79793674
>79793674
>Implying that Merlyn won't get a robo-hand at some point
>>
>>79794993
Huh, the airport with hourly flights to the west coast of America must be on top of the cliffs.
>>
>>79794979
>>79794993

It's starting to remind me of Seinfeld's version of New York, where everything was a five-minute ride away from everything else.
>>
Why is the fight choreography so bad nowadays? Jesus christ
>>
>>79795123
Because it is now a drama show
>>
>>79795123
The stunt coordinators got disgusted by the direction of the show and left.
>>
>i haven't come empty-handed
Oh Merlyn
>>
>you're a complete, irredeemable dick, are so devoid of scruples that you're willing to sacrifice your own daughter twice, and know about my son, which is a secret that I kept from everyone
>so I'll just cut your hand off and let you go, let that be a lesson to you
>and don't do anything dickish and vengeful now! :^)

>>79795078

Those similarities just keep piling up, don't they?

>Nanda Parbat's gates fling open dramatically
>"WHOA uh, Jerry, can I use your Lazarus Pit real quick?"
>>
>>79795412
Fun fact: Merlyn was more helpful to Oliver this season than Diggle and Laura combined.
>>
>>79795470
I wonder how will Arrow end. With Laura like canon or they will find a way to make their main character the real mary jane.
>>
>>79795470
>>79795514
It's spelled Laurel, you niggers.
>>
>>79795534
Be glad I didn't spell her name as Horse.
>>
>>79793126
And yet it is a tiny, TINY fraction of the passion and anger football fans show towards their retarded fucking sport. But no, since it's nerds doing it, and it's directed at a female character, THAT AMOUNT OF HATE SUDDENLY ISN'T HEALTHY!

Fuck right off, dude. You're not helping anyone or anything by shitting on folks showing passion towards the media they consume. I know you think you're helping! The keyword there is "think." You're actually making the world shittier and more boring.
>>
>>79795717
lol calm down son
>>
>>79795717

Eat shit, the /co/ Arrow live-treads are unusable now thanks to Felicity shitposting. You cannot have ANY discussion about it where she doesn't come up and get the fans REEEEing about it, we've gotten past even /tv/ and it's hatred of Skyler from Breaking Bad.

And football isn't a narrative series, that's a false dichotomy.
>>
>>79793126
/co/ used to love her in the first two seasons.
>>
>>79795790
Before they made her the main character and insufferable as a character.
>>
File: 1454579517062.jpg (28 KB, 197x464) Image search: [Google]
1454579517062.jpg
28 KB, 197x464
>>79793126
Gosh it's almost like people use the internet to vent their frustrations in a manner they can't do out in the real world.
>>
>>79795783
Actually, it's a perfect comparison BECAUSE football is not a narrative series.

Fans of any given narrative series don't go flip cars in the street, riot, set fires, and steal shit when a story doesn't go their way. Football fans have been known to do that when their team loses.

And yet caring about stories is "unhealthy."

>>79795761
Are you seriously trying to pretend you're cool on a taiwanese woodcutting forum? Everyone get a load of this faggot.
>>
>>79795783
>Arrow live-treads are unusable now thanks to Felicity shitposting.
You're an idiot. Not only is that not actually happening, but even if it was, that doesn't stop you from using it, that just tells that you can't stnad seeing people have an opinion other tan your own. The only way the talkback threads are "unusable" is because they're effectively dead due to everybody dropping the show.
>>
File: 1818808-connor_green_arrow_1.jpg (647 KB, 832x1060) Image search: [Google]
1818808-connor_green_arrow_1.jpg
647 KB, 832x1060
I dumped the show late into season three but decided to watch the latest episode to see what the shit storm was about.

William, his kid's name is fucking William?

Wasn't making me wade through a garbage dump enough. You had to spit in my face?
>>
>>79796031
Connor's going to be a future Green Arrow in LoT
>>
>>79796077
LoT is turning out to be a shitfest as well.
>>
File: 1343587700705.jpg (39 KB, 495x385) Image search: [Google]
1343587700705.jpg
39 KB, 495x385
>>79796077

How bad is Legends?
>>
>>79796095
>>79796130
I'm enjoying it. Haven't watched the latest episode though
>>
>>79796130
It's not terrible. It's like a Sentai show. Lots of special effects and action, not much depth in terms of writing
>>
>>79796130
as bad as early Flash
>>
>>79796130
LoT is great as long as Hawkgirl isn't shown or mentioned.
>>
>>79796130

It's fine for what it is, which is basically TV fan-fiction starring everyone's favorite D-listers.

Needs a better villain then their version of Savage, but that clearly isn't going to happen.
>>
>>79796130
Horribly shallow. Think of literally every trope you can think of that happens between a bunch of misfits trying to save the world. Throw in shallow effects and you get LoT.
>>
>>79796199
Like what?
>>
>>79796199
>Horribly shallow
So, like every single capeshow?
>>
>>79796206
The leader who has a dark past
The duo who joins for ulterior motive
The one that is trying to find himself/herself
The one who is in there just to look pretty
The one who is in there just to be muscles
The pair who needs to work together but clearly can't get alone
The nerdy guy who fucks up but has good intentions
etc etc
>>
I know it's just the writers being hacks, but why does EVERY hero need a no kill code? J'onn J'onzz should not have a moral dilemma about killing an extremely dangerous shape-shifting alien that just conned it's way into the super secret base and oh yeah committed genocide on his race. Last I recall Thea begrudgingly accepted Malcolms presence in her life mostly cause he's just going to ninja into her apartment anyways when he wants to chat, doubt she'd miss him too much.
>>
Lot is OK. You can miss the 1st 5 or so mins of an ep and you won't really miss anything. The problem I have with it is how bottom of the barrel the vandal savage actor is. Also I would have wanted a more comic accurate rip hunter
>>
>>79796130
It's fucking awesome amd anyone who says otherwise can go back to their Egyptian Hieroglyphic DEEP comics.
>>
>>79793078
I just don't understand why the fuck Oliver would side with Nyssa, what kind of stupid decision is that? They barely even know each other other than "we're kinda sorta married and you killed my dad" and it's not like Nyssa can do anything to Oliver, she's fucking useless. Whereas Merlyn has been a constant ally al season, knows all of Oliver and co's secrets, it a more skilled fighter, s the father of one of the crew. Fuck all the bad shit he did in the past, everyone's been over it for the past year, why are they suddenly arsed about it now? Fucking stupid mother fuckers.
>>
So Nyssa is finally in the spot she should have been at the end of Season 3. Now we wait for Laurel and Oliver to start banging again.
>>
>>79799910
>Nyssa is finally in the spot she should have been at the end of Season 3
Written off the show?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIGKrJn7mDg
Looks like there'll be a lot more action next episode. We're getting close to having the grave revealed
>>
>I want to lead the league! It's my rightful place.
>merlyn, gives Nysaa the ring please.
>Never!
*fight*
>I am now the leader of the league!
>I disbanded it.
>And threw it all away
>Heres your potion btw.

Dumbest shit I've ever seen.
>>
>>79794329

Yup. The guy who literally only uses guns is the one most firmly against killing ever.
>>
>>79799910
What spot? You mean pointless again? Because the league has been disbanded
>>
>>79795790
I only watched the first two seasons of Arrow. Why do people hate Felicity now? Also should I watch season 3 or will it be shit?
>>
>>79800177
if you watch season 3 you'll know why people hate Felicity
>>
>>79800177
Season 3 starts off strong and then after the cross-over episode, goes to hell in a hand basket outside of the Vinnie Jones episodes. Then, Season 4 starts, and it has like.. a few episodes, which is like woah. Arrow might be back. But then it goes back to shit.
>>
>>79800177
Watch Season 3
>>
>>79795717
>>79795926
Are you seriously implying that anyone here considers football fans 'healthy individuals'?
>>
>>79797563
>implying I'm over Tommy ;_;
>>
>>79800245
>outside of the Vinnie Jones episodes
Those were fucking awful.
>>
>>79800348
Only in the sense that we didn't focus enough on them.
>>
File: arrow-20--20stephen-[1].jpg (83 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
arrow-20--20stephen-[1].jpg
83 KB, 500x333
>>79793078
That stupid damn stiff pose Amell does all the time is one the big reasons I can't watch this show anymore. Who looked at his audition and thought this guy should headline a show?
>>
>>79800379
Only in the sense that they were idiotic garbage with a terrible villain.
>>
>>79800245
I had flashbacks of the tail end of Season 3 and I realized how much I had blanked out about how bad Felicity was.
>>
>>79800432
Vinnie was so ridiculously wasted
>>
>>79800177
Felicity went from quirky, cute sidekick character who was a valuable part of the team to being Oliver's true love that hogs the focus of the story and cries in literally every episode.

This is a screenshot from the season three finale.
>>
>>79800653
That screenshot is literally all you needed to show me. Im going to save myself some pain and just skip to the episode with the boxing glove arrow and then drop it. Which episode was that?
>>
I am fucking horrified at how quickly Merlyn went down.

He was an unstoppable monster in Season 1. He went down in about 20 seconds last night. It was bullshit.

The way it was shot was so weird I thought Merlyn and Ollie were in cahoots and it was all a trick on Nyssa. First Slade jobbed super hard last season, now Malcolm.
>>
>>79801032
It is a drama now.
>>
remember when it was a "oliver and diggle killing bad guys" episode.

good times
>>
>>79801194
>diggle

Who? I remember Felicity
>>
>>79801032
There was a thread last night where someone posted action sequences from season 1 and the quality drop from season 1 to 4 is astonishing. The action scenes in the first season were almost movie quality.
>>
>>79801688
Action scenes take away time from the adventures in wheelchair life.
>>
>>79794101
>Merlyn needed to be defeated in trial combat under witnesses with the proper etiquette in order for the league to go along with Nyssa assuming power from Merlyn.
You mean how Merlyn assumed the throne, by beating R'as and taking the ring hims-OH, WAIT
>>
>>79800979
3:06. Not really worth it.
>>
>>79801987
I WAITED TWO FUCKING SEASONS FOR THE BOXING GLOVE ARROW AND IM GOING TO GET MY FUCKING BOXING GLOVE ARROW
>>
Getting tired of the [vague Arabic-ish music intensifies] when the League or anyone associated with the League gets mentioned.

I'm glad that part is done.
>>
File: beartatoohno.png (7 KB, 244x311) Image search: [Google]
beartatoohno.png
7 KB, 244x311
>>79802206
Arright chill bro, get it.
>>
>>79800081
except the random times when Diggle is suddenly like "hey ollie you need to kill this guy"
>>
>>79793078
>"Oliver goes full retard" episode

Like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etBIG2Xi2hc
>>
>>79793120
I miss roy.
>>
>>79796273
What are you talking about J'onn strait up wanted to murder that white martian the moment it showed up, it was Super Girl who had to talk him down. And then the next episode Kara's step sister shoves a kryptonite sword through Astra's heart.
>>
>>79805434
>Super Girl who had to talk him down
Yeah, but should she have? What are the odds of them successfully keeping that thing locked up? What good does it do anyone?
And yeah, major props to Alex for that one.
>>
>>79800177
This scene sums her up quite well I find
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96h5_tIv4Ys
>>
>>79794101

And protocol is the ring
THE RING DAMNIT
Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.