[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Shitty characters writers push
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 13
Ewing has the future him knocking up Songbird

Ultimates is basically Blue Marvel and Friends

Ewing might surpass Hickman's DoomWank
>>
>>79786488
He shows up in Contest of Champions too
>>
Carol and Miles
>>
>>79786488
>implying it's not his kid who knocks up Songbird
jej
Also The Blue Marvel wank will last like one arc, he hasn't got enough material to make it last longer. Get over it.
>>
That cunt of Carol is the prime example, she has been pushed for YEARS if not DECADES, and she's even more shitty now than years ago, imagine that.

Then you have that cunt of America Chavez, that probably will be pushed hard too because MUH INTER DIMENSIONAL ALL POWERFUL BLACK LESBIAN xD
>>
Anachronism

I thought I was free of him with the failure of Undercover, but Hopeless wants to put in in All New X-Men.

Compared to that, the choices so far are shit.

You don't know, man. You don't know.

None of them have a self-insert projection romance reinforced by a bodycount.

Oh, and Death Locket. Fuck that parasite plot device.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 500x456) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 500x456
>>79786488
>Ewing might surpass Hickman's DoomWank
I was one of the people bitching about Ultimates last storytime thread, but there's no way this is happening any time soon. Ewing at least gives Brashear his own motivations and flaws; Hickman is all about making Doom better than everyone but his true husbando.
>>
>>79786698
>Hickman spends years basically building up DOOM as the ultimate savior of humanity, the perfect genius who defeats the ultimate threat
>he ends the story by having Reed beat Doom-Sue and become God of the Multiverse

It was Reed wank all along, Doom was just built up for the Worf effect.
>>
>>79786488
>Ewing has the future him knocking up Songbird
lol it never ends. I'm convinced the reason why all these liberal writers write black men with white women is because it's a fetish for them.
>>
>>79786698
>>79786853
>Reed only won because Owen betrayed him
Well he did admit Reed was better even though the solution was pretty damn obvious.
>>
>>79786488
99% chance that it's Max, not Adam, that knocks her up.
>>
>>79787284
Isn't Max half white?

Genetics doesn't work like that
>>
I like Blue Marvel's costume, powerset and backstory enough that I want to read more of him. Where to start, /co/? Is Ultimates the only good thing he's been in?
>>
>>79786562
Such a diverse team of black men and white women. I can feel the equality pulsing through me
>>
>>79787406
There's his original miniseries to get his basic backstory

And both volumes of Ewing's Mighty Avengers to expand on his character
>>
>>79786488
Oh, so this is a waifufag thing.
You realize she fucking fucked ZEMO, right?
>>
>>79787429
You're now aware that diversity simply means less/no white men.
>>
>>79787429
>>79787593
>implying Anti-man isn't joining the team
>>
>>79786639
>Then you have that cunt of America Chavez, that probably will be pushed hard too because MUH INTER DIMENSIONAL ALL POWERFUL BLACK LESBIAN xD

I wouldn't mind if was broken in every way by some villain sex predator.

>>79787498
She fucked most male Thunderbolts iirc
>>
>>79787498
Don't you know that the nazi is more preferable than the black man?
>>
>>79786562
It's almost obvious that Ultimates ain't gonna win this, if they did, book would be over, can't have that.
>>
>>79786488
Watch out OP, /co/mblr is full of people that love Kekwing and post
>Le based Kekwing XD
>>
>>79787624
>implying Ant-Man isn't also going to lose his mantle to a diversity hire
Isn't Daredevil the only white male character left with his own book? And even in that they stuck him with an Asian sidekick who I wouldn't be surprised ends up taking DD's mantle as well.
>>
File: Felicity_Smoak.png (939 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Felicity_Smoak.png
939 KB, 1280x720
>>79786488
>>
>>79787686
CoC in concept shouldn't have gone on for too long, plus it lowish sales it will probably end at twelve.

>>79787700
I meant ANTI-man Blue Marvel's nemesis. They just picked him up in the neutral zone. Also wasn't the new Ant-man gay or something doesn't that count as diversity?
>>
>>79787700
>Isn't Daredevil the only white male character left with his own book?

deadpool is white
spiderman is white and not yet bi
>>
>>79787767
Probably not besides I'm enjoying it more than the game which I played a while back.
Though I do have to wonder why Ewing books sell low.
>>
File: Sam Loeb.jpg (11 KB, 197x255) Image search: [Google]
Sam Loeb.jpg
11 KB, 197x255
>>79786488
>>
>>79787642
She banged Abe, got turned down by Hawkeye. I'm sure she never touched Fixer.

And who in the Bolts wouldn't bang Zemo, really.
>>
>>79787871
>>79787871
Didnt she bang genis vell?
>>
>>79787815
New Avengers is doing alright, if it plateaus at 30k it will be safe from cancellation. Ultimates is at the age of 30k hopefully it holds but cosmic books tend to not be best sellers so it might fall. CoC is at 27k if it doesn't get super low it could make it to twelve.
>>
>>79786488
At first I thought Layla Miller was unbearable but after rereading X-Factor I found her journey quite amusing.

I got sick of writers pushing their pets only a few times: Hickman's Doom and Kyle and Yost's X-23.
>>
>>79787815
because he's mediocre
>>
>>79787915
Yes and no.
There was a future in Captain Marvel where they had kids, but in 616 he was killed before that happened.
>>
>>79787815
Because he likes to write books with B listers.
>>
No mediocre character, not even Jessica Drew her own self - not even Triathlon and Silverclaw combined- has ever been pushed like Steve Englehart pushed Mantis. And to this day he still thinks she was popular.
>>
>>79788547
I kinda like mantis, but yes, she wasn't popular.
>>
>>79786657
AxeBro was like the one good thing to come out of that shit come on now.
>>
>>79787335
It's Anti-matter, I ain't gotta explain shit.
>>
>>79788547
I have made a habit to purposefully avoid all Mantis shit.
>>
>>79786488
Cuckwing can go fuck himself.
>>
>>79788547
Waifufags here still push her.
>>
>>79787429
You still have the Oscars
>>
>>79786639
Having read half of Young Avengers, and reading Ultimates, I have absolutely no idea where the intense hatred of America comes from. I can understand Blue Marvel, his backstory was lazily retconned in and his personality is "cocky asshole" though I kinda like that, but America barely does anything except act as a method of transport. I can understand apathy or even general dislike but the intense reaction is kinda hilarious. Has she been in something else where she did something amazingly stupid?
>>
File: 1333052683791.jpg (39 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1333052683791.jpg
39 KB, 640x480
>>79787429
I for one continue to look forward to /co/umbler being made complete.

All we're missing is shame parades.
>>
>>79786488
Still like him more than Sentry
>>
File: JUL150702.jpg (19 KB, 389x600) Image search: [Google]
JUL150702.jpg
19 KB, 389x600
>>79787814
either start reading comics or stop posting in /co/
>>
>>79789132
Vengeance
>>
>>79789211
I'm thinking (because of how overpowered he is and the timing) that he's the Void's intended archenemy.
>>
>>79789132
There isn't enough material to show her fucking up and she has generally made positive contributions.However in this political climate she is looked at as a diversity quota hence all the nerd rage.

Really people are going to bitch about any team here unless it is 100% white with a token in the background.
>>
>>79787767
>Also wasn't the new Ant-man gay or something

The new Giant Man is gay, Scott Lang is still very straight.
>>
>>79787815
he writes books for black kids
>>
>>79788785
I think you're confused with Cullen Bloodstone.

Axbro is no bro. He's a male Bella Swan. He's a self-insert proxy dick for insecure, passive-aggressive nerds to project into.
>>
>>79789312
She's a bitch
She's a dyke
She's treated like something special simply for existing and is not really a part of any group. She's just there.

It's going to be long LONG fucking years before they can quasi retcon out all of the bullshit that makes her unmarketable to the average comicgeek/male.

And being drawn hot only gets you so far in comics. You have to have the personality and fit into the established world in some way.
>>
File: this will be bad.jpg (32 KB, 493x342) Image search: [Google]
this will be bad.jpg
32 KB, 493x342
>>79786488
>Ewing
>>
>>79789475
Go back to bed, Bitch Ewing.
>>
>>79789435
Attempt at personality
Ok
They made her stick slipping between realities and the special snow flake of the universe. Not much different than Franklin I-make-galactus-my-pet Richards or doomwank.

I agree with you on it requiring time before they have her being shown to have her own faults. Sadly it will also depend on writers realizing mary sues alienate everyone.
>>
>>79786488
>Ewing might surpass Hickman's DoomWank

Literally impossible.
>>
>>79790604

He fixed Doom's face!
>>
fictional black people are all it takes for you guys to get riled up about, huh?
>>
Personally I've found Ultimates to be a bit of a bore because everything seems to revolve around Blue Marvel just talking shit and then there's some science set piece and the rest of the team just kinda stands there in the background. It seems to be a bit of a reoccurring motif with Ewing and Blue Marvel. Whenever Blue Marvel does anything, it needs to revolve heavily around him.
>>
>>79790629

I wonder how Hickman feels knowing his husbando is in the arms of Bendis.
>>
>>79790690
Hey look! A Neo' got triggered! It's time for a dozen rule #3 violation hatespeech posts now. Just like in the last Marvel thread.
>>
>>79789132
The hate for America half comes from her backstory in YN, and half from how she had all of her character dumped from mini she appeared in once she was brought into Young Avengers. She is nothing remotely like how she was in Vengeance.
>>
>>79790825
Nah, I mean i would have posted the entirety of the Inhumans output, but this doesn't seem to be the intent of the thread
>>
File: fuck this bitch.jpg (83 KB, 330x701) Image search: [Google]
fuck this bitch.jpg
83 KB, 330x701
>>79786488

Yeah I'm already bored of Ultimates. I only read it for BP and Carol anyway. Having it be the Blue Marvel show blows.

I'd also like to nominate Harper Row.
>>
>>79788785
>AxeBro
Stop it Hopeless, you're the only one to call him that.
>>
>>79789132
>cocky asshole

I never got that from reading him

> I have absolutely no idea where the intense hatred of America comes from
she ated like a bitch to she-hulk because she had come to help her
>>
>>79786488
His costume would be better without those shitty leg stripes.
>>
File: 1404347381256.gif (987 KB, 229x176) Image search: [Google]
1404347381256.gif
987 KB, 229x176
This thread is salty as fuck.
>>
>>79786488
Where's Jason Todd and Tim Drake?
>>
No, Dr. Positron is Marvel Woman's father.
>>
File: blue marvel armor.jpg (399 KB, 757x863) Image search: [Google]
blue marvel armor.jpg
399 KB, 757x863
>>79792233
He should go back to his look with the helmet. I would even accept this as his new look.
>>
>>79791098
Eh she seems okay to me.
I mean a young hero in gotham known for tech skills and helping Batman keep his spirits up and not be an asshole?

She's basically rule63 Tim Drake
>>
>>79788547

Today I learned that at some point someone tried to push Triathlon
Sheer comedy
>>
>>79791098
I don't get this. First issue everyone got equalish time, 2nd BP got slightly more than everyone else + Galactus, third issue was mostly equal, and fourth was BM. People are acting like its been the BM show all along when it hasn't.
>>
>>79793355
Because he is in charge of everything and people don't like BM in the first place because he is one of Marvel's Superman expys that isn't Hyperion or Sun God
>>
>>79793415
He's not in charge though? There doesn't seem to be a set leader yet, IIRC BP was the talkative guy with a plan in the second issue, the third issue was an equal discussion, and this issue its BM coming up with the plan because he has personal stake in it.
>>
>>79789132
I don't like America because she's the stereotypical bitchy latina, that's her whole personality, seems like every time I've read something with her in (YA, A-Force SW mini, Ultimates) she was calling someone "chico" or "chica" or being generally an angry asshole.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.