[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>it's a 'flash gets completely stomped' episode
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: reverb.jpg (205 KB, 800x597) Image search: [Google]
reverb.jpg
205 KB, 800x597
>it's a 'flash gets completely stomped' episode
>>
>it's a "cool villains are introduced and then snuffed immediately" episode
>>
File: 1436558705997.jpg (25 KB, 361x327) Image search: [Google]
1436558705997.jpg
25 KB, 361x327
>it's a "go to another dimensions and kill off all that dimension's characters" episode
>>
>>79781182
Honestly, in those 10 mins Reverb was a far more entertaining villain than Zoom has been so far. What could have been.
>>
>>79783510
This, I wish he had successfully rose against Zoom and recruited Cisco for sexy adventures.

Why even live?
>>
>It's a "character thinks with their dick" episode.

Which shows am I talking about?
>>
>>79783622
Every single episode of Johnny Bravo
>>
I really hope Killer Frost isn't a one-off. She either needs to end up on Earth-1 and become a regular nuisance, or Caitlin-1 should have a tragic arc where she becomes KF as well.
>>
>>79783952
>I really hope Killer Frost isn't a one-off.
I really hope Cisco ends up more like ReVerb ... because the actor KILLED IT as a badass!
>>
>>79781182
If reverb was so powerful, why wouldn't he know Zoom would show up and kill him?
>>
>>79781182
>it's a season two has been going nowhere, Harry is a piss poor way to keep Cavanaugh on the show and Zoom is practically a non-villain episode
>>
>>79783952
Well the thing where we first saw her was Barry going through the time force so everything that happened in that scene is the future of earth 1. The Supergirl cameo and those things were what's happening in the present of other earths
>>
>>79786105
Yeah Zoom has been a letdown after the Wellsobard stuff last season. Not really much drama nor suspense around him for me.
>>
Couldn't Reverb launched an all-round burst so that Zoom would get hit? I don't think he could withstand a massive attack like that.
>>
Be cool to see some meta-villains as heroes on earth 2. I was surprised with what they did with Lawton.
>>
File: splash_780.jpg (52 KB, 780x319) Image search: [Google]
splash_780.jpg
52 KB, 780x319
>>79781295

FUCK YOU RICK BERMAN! you ruined this too... wait, you ain't rick Berman...
>>
>>79781228

Yeah that pissed me off too. They could of kept Evil Cisco around, I mean they're already paying the actor and Zoom needs a side-kick.
>>
>>79787481

Earth 2 is more like Earth 3.
>>
File: 1455157306450.jpg (183 KB, 550x618) Image search: [Google]
1455157306450.jpg
183 KB, 550x618
>>79781182
>it's a reverse flash episode
>>
>>79786249
if you can phase through solid matter you can phase through vibrating gas
>>
how do I watch season 2 without pirating it
>>
Any Webms from this episode?
>>
>>79783510
>Reverb was a far more entertaining villain

Only because it felt like Cisco trying to do a generic villain impression.
>>
>>79781182
Grant Gustin is just too gay to function.

All my little nephews and nieces automatically thought he was gay just by watching one spisode.
>>
>>79787534
Zoom is THE villain. He kills everyone who is a threat. Except The Flash because he has a decent enough reason to keep him alive.

How many cartoons, movies and comics have you watched where the villain could have easily avoided a situation if he just straight up murdered the people that threaten him?
>>
>>79787891
Nah, I bought it honestly. He played it pretty coolly. And it was way better than Mr. show up, sound spooky, beat the shit out of Barry, rinse and repeat. Not much nuance there.
>>
>>79787747
CW's site.
>>
>>79787747
The most recent 5 episodes are free to watch on the CW site if you're American, they also might be available on-demand via your cable/satellite provider

For ones earlier than that, you have to pirate or wait until the summer when they go on Netflix and maybe Hulu and Amazon and shit, I don't know.
>>
>>79786233
Zoom stomping Flash and paradeing his broken body all around the city was pretty ducking cool though.
>>
>>79787957
Not that it really matters but he's dating some backup dancer. She toured with Beyonce awhile back.
>>
File: McFucking do it faggot.png (114 KB, 224x216) Image search: [Google]
McFucking do it faggot.png
114 KB, 224x216
>>79787534
>could of
>>
File: 1451191816550.jpg (20 KB, 456x537) Image search: [Google]
1451191816550.jpg
20 KB, 456x537
>>79788034
>Nah, I bought it honestly.

How. Cisco nailed it when comparing him to Vader in cloud city. Shit was so silly.
>>
>>79786233
Watch them reveal a OMG TWIST about his Earth 2 identity like him being Barry's or Patty's dad or something as an excuse and cope-out for his entire lack of... anything all season.
>>
>>79788263
I thought he pulled off both. He certainly had a good grasp of his powers and seemed like a genuine threat until Zoom well, zoomed the room. He was certainly entertaining. It would have been nice to see more of him.
>>
>>79788485
Maybe we'll get an evil Cisco that actually survives longer than a single episode when the show gets to Earth-3 territory.
>>
>>79787747
>>79788114
And if you're Canadian you can watch it on CTV's site.
>>
>>79788288
Implying it's not Earth 2 Eddie
>>
>>79781228
So how can this Iris be okay with Barry recklessly getting her dad killed? Not to mention dumblr's definition of raping her.
>>
>>79787957

Is he for real gay? Or is he just very feminine? I don't think it's even bigoted or a knock to the guy, he does really set off the gaydar. He needs more sex with girls scenes.
>>
>>79788633
What the hell did he do? She's the one who pointed a gun at them and she doesn't know that he's not the real Barry.

What's really fucked up is that the real Barry is going to wake up to a dead Joe because of a retarded plan to risk people's lives for information. You know what's a better way of finding Zoom? Capturing one of the meta humans. God DAMN, everyone was stupid in this episode.
>>
>>79788633
We'll see her react next episode to see if she's ok with it
>>
>>79787747
Request a lot of webms from bluelantern
>>
>>79787731
Not true. He phases by vibrating and sliding his molecules through. He is unable to vibrate through a shifting vibrational frequency.
>>
>>79788485
>He certainly had a good grasp of his powers and seemed like a genuine threat

yeah this is why it actually worked. You can see that part of OG Cisco's brain that for a second actually wants to go along with his E2 self just out of sheer curiosity in regards to his powers.

Vibe's powers are fucking broken when used to their logical extent.
>>
>>79789035
>Barry killed my dad! Must guilt trip!
not
>Deathstorm fried him, let's kill those fuckers!

Sorry, dude. Guggenheim is busy writing Arrow. Maybe if you ask nicely, he'll take over Flash, too, and write Iris like Felishitty.
>>
How is a glass wall prison going to hold Barry?
>>
>>79789384
I expect E2 Barry to be pissed
>You made out with my wife!
>You didn't let me by my father in laws side when he died!
>You fucking did it for me!
>>
>>79789366
At least now he can steal his doppelganger's glasses.
>>79789467
Maybe not enough room to go fast.
>>
>>79789467
It shouldn't, he can vibrate through it. Depends of the writers shit the bed or not.

In fact, if zoom doesn't realize phasing is a speed power, it could give a reason for Barry to beat him in a race. When Wally is chasing impulse in #92 or so, Impulse keeps a nose ahead for a long time because he can seemlessly phase through objects, Wally has to run around them.
>>
>>79789519
Didn't E2 barry hate Iris Dad though?
>>
>>79789575
It was a can't stand your relative hate not a true malevolent hatred.
>>
>>79789552
If Flash ran through a glass pane without phasing would he be shreddded by shards or speedforce protected?
>>
>>79783510
Nah man, nothing will compare to the hype of Zoom raping Flash out of fucking nowhere in the Dr. Light episode sequel.

>that CRUNCH of zoom breaking barry's spine with one punch
>>
>>79787582
If Earth "2" isn't revealed as Earth 3 I'll be disappointed. I mean you have evil versions of good guys (Dr. Light, Killer Frost, Deathstorm, Reverb) and good versions of bad guys (Mayor Snart, Tokamakm "Deadshot"), hell even E2 Joe was a dick before dying and E2 Wells is a dick. Not to mention how Jay's E1 counterpart is fucking Hunter Zoloman.
>>
>>79788288
They already revealed that it's Earth 1's Jay Garrick. Jay said his name was Hunter Zolomon which, surprise, is Zoom's name.
>>
>>79789810
Anon how the fuck would they reveal that? They've said the number scheme is perspective. What? You expect them to find a third earth but then oh wow Earth 2 is actually the third numbered earth we just happen to have found it second?
>>
>>79789912
Real Earth-2 Jay comes and puts shit in place, evil version of Oliver comes over and dicks over the team that makes Barry doubt trusting Earth-2, a good Eobard Thawne, hints/full blown reveals of shit like Owlman, there's lots of plot devices to use.
>>
>>79789744
It's just beatdowns though. Nothing else. Doesn't do all that much for me. Maybe once the reveal happens it'll be a different story. Right now, he's just Doomsday or Bane with speed.
>>
>>79790004
I mean I agree with you but I'm just saying how you feel about Reverb now is how we all felt about Zoom in the beginning.
>>
>>79789810
Anon, we already know it's Earth-3.
The tv show follows Barry from Earth-2, because Earth-1 is the one where the Flash has a bright red suit presumably didn't lose his mother, and the accident happened 5 years later in 2019-2020.
>>
>>79790031
Nigga that's an alternate timeline
>>
>>79790027
I liked the lightning catch and throw. That was sweet. But otherwise, to me, not much else has been all that entertaining. Not saying he can't be if they handle the reveal and everything else right. Anyway, opinions.
>>
>>79790049
And where does the split between Earth-1 and Earth-2 happen? The War of the Americas, apparently, but when did that happen? It's just as much of an alternate timeline as Eobard popping up in episode 11 to a world he doesn't exist in is.
>>
>Killer Frost makes the jump to Earth 1 with Barry and the others to escape ZOOM
>shenanigans ensue
>>
>>79790129

>ice themed villain who does puns
>Captain Cold comes back
>big argument with Barry about how it isn't cool to be replaced
>>
>>79790094
>And where does the split between Earth-1 and Earth-2 happen?

You're working off an incorrect assumption, there is no split. That's not how the multiverse works in the show nor in the comics. It's just a different universe.
>>
>>79790094
Nowhere does the show imply that Earth-2 was ever the same as Earth-1, parallel Earths are just different, especially if we base how they work in comics.
>>
>>79786184
Good point, didn't think about that
>>
>>79790129
I just want Frost to be a cunt to Caitlyn
>>
>>79789889
that's a red herring like Wally being obsessed with going fast
>>
>>79786184
I just want to know what was up with the Jonah Hex cameo if he's confirmed for being in E1's timeline via Legend of Tomorrow
>>
>>79790166
>>79790169
>That's not how the multiverse works in the show
>Nowhere does the show
You're going to have to back that up, because I just rewatched the second episode and they set up the War of the Americas as the dividing line and say nothing else on it.
>>
>>79790216
Dude it's just little nod to how whacky E2 is, like how Atlantis is just a casual thing people visit

I mean if you want proof just look at Supergirl, the show takes place in the same timeframe but shares no similarities to the Arrowverse and the differences can't be explained by a divergent timeline point.
>>
>>79790216
You could always read some comics and understand that similar earths can have different events :^)
>>
>>79790201
Lol do you really think Wally isn't gonna become KF? Probably not this season, but its gonna happen
>>
>>79790216
Pretty sure that was just given as one big difference in the history between the two worlds and not meant to be what you took it as.
>>
>>79790157
>Cisco tells him to let it go
>>
>>79790284
I seriously thought you meant Killer Frost for a bit there and was really confused
>>
>>79790284
No, I'm saying that line was thrown in to make the audience think his alternate could be Zoom rather than a Kid Flash hint.
>>
>>79790264
>and the differences can't be explained by a divergent timeline point.
That's actually just conjecture. Just about every show set in "reality" will grab a specific time period and start going "and now we throw in a pod with an alien in it".

>>79790272
It's a shame the comics aren't canon to the show, or else you might have a point.
>>
>>79790309
There is literally nothing in the show to suggest that E2 is an alternate timeline. You have poor watching comprehension.
>>
>>79790309
It's not about canon, it's about how the DC (be it comic, cartoon, movie or tv series) multiverse is usually understood.

There is absolutely no reason to think it'll be different.
>>
>>79790316
There literally is. You have poor watching comprehension.
>>
Tons of crazy speculation, but people need to remember that the people running this show aren't very unpredictable. The entire plot of season 1 was basically laid out by fans by episode 9.
>>
>>79790337
You are the only person who has watched the show and came away with this impression. You are the one who is wrong.

Please stop posting your headcanons as fact.
>>
>>79790316

Not him but they outright explain that it is.

Other Earths are born when the timeline splits. They outright confirmed that early on.
>>
>>79781228
Oh God, I haven't been keeping up, please don't tell me based Cop Dad died
>>
>>79790204
They said right before that they were going to see "everything" during that trip. They probably traveled through hypertime.

What >>79786184 was talking about in "time force" was the season finale trip. But I wouldn't take hints from that as strictly canon. Plans change all the time.
>>
>>79790346
>You are the only person who has watched the show and came away with this impression.
I'm not.
>You are the one who is wrong.
Please, prove me wrong.
>>
>>79790309
In many other adaptations you'd have a point, but considering how closely Flash sticks to the source material for the most part it's safe to assume it's following the same rules that have been a staple for decades in multiple mediums. Why would Flash be an outlier when so many other adaptions have followed this method?
>>
>>79790360
He did

In a doomed timeline that Barry fixed this is season 1 shit man
>>
>>79790360

Calm down it's just E2 Joe. He wasn't even a cop.
>>
>>79790356
The only time this was the case was S1 when they were trying to explain time travel. E2 was not linked to such a phenomenon.
>>
>>79790337
The fact that Atlantis (who, basing off Plato's birth and the fact that no one remembered it during his time) exists, while it should've sunk anywhere before 700 b.c., I'd say there's not even a point in claiming it's a alternate timeline, since there's a divergence before recorded history
>>
>>79790397

Stein explains it in season 2. He talks about how alternate choices split the timeline into multiple earth. There's an entire fucking scene dedicated to this shit.
>>
>>79790366
>but considering how closely Flash sticks to the source material for the most part it's safe to assume it's following the same rules that have been a staple for decades in multiple mediums.
You know that even following the DC definition of the multiverse, I'm still right, right? Every time they explain the worlds, they go "and this is one where Superman was even stronger, and this one had a huge disaster go off, etc."

>>79790406
Then it diverged earlier. You just said it yourself. When does a divergent timeline become a separate world, anon? If Barry ran back in time and made sure that everyone remembered Atlantis and possibly saved it, causing the events that make Jay's timeline, did he go back in time or did he travel to Earth-2?
>>
>>79790438
Yeah m8, if one fucking big bang atom went left on Earth 2 and right on Earth 1, there's a divergence.

The point of the multiverse is that things are similar but different. If it wasn't about "divergin histories" or "alternate timelines", things would be the same, and no multiverse would exist.
>>
>>79790468
>The point of the multiverse is that things are similar but different. If it wasn't about "divergin histories" or "alternate timelines", things would be the same, and no multiverse would exist.
Here, have an audio version straight from DC that specifically says you're wrong.
https://youtu.be/_o9IMJAcbjs?t=1m2s
>>
>>79783952
>Caitlin is kill
>KF ends up on Earth-1
>profit

>>79786017
and yeah, hoping Cisco starts experimenting with his powers
>>
Why didn't evil Cisco just know this was coming?

Can't he see the past, present, and future?
>>
>>79790438
>You know that even following the DC definition of the multiverse, I'm still right, right?

Dude shit like Earth-26 (the toonverse) can't be explained by divergent events.
>>
File: TLoE.png (297 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
TLoE.png
297 KB, 1024x1024
Will we ever get the line /co/?
>>
>>79790414
I remember the scene but I don't remember that being clearly stated as canon. If anything it was a throwaway guess on his part that was clearly qualified with some "or maybe"s.
>>
>>79790438
>>79790516
The divergent event in the comics is when Mr Mind rampaged through the multiverse, but it's not exactly a timeline event.
>>
>>79790528
At this point I honestly just hope they keep blue balling us, it'd only be impactful in season 1.
>>
>>79790516
You think it can't? And even then, that was never the point.
Every time Flash time travels, he makes another Earth, and leaves an Earth without a Flash. Under the same logic, an event happened differently that made the show's Earth-1 and Earth-2, but we know there is at least one timeline before it that could be called either Earth-0 or the real Earth-1 that Thawne spoke of before he killed the real Wells. And this isn't counting the worlds abandoned when Barry couldn't stop Weather Wizard or Vandal Savage. Especially considering Wellsbardwhatever's explanation of Cisco's powers being able to see through worlds, and how Cisco could still see an alternate timeline, it means those worlds are still active.
>>
>>79790565
I thought it would have been good if he said it when he admitted he took Barry's speed.
>>
>>79783952
Maybe it was just because she only appeared for like 10 minutes, but I thought Caitlyn's actress played her evil counterpart better than her actual normal self. I dunno maybe she has a knack for being bad or maybe I was just blinded by the sexy coldness.
>>
>>79790606
It wasn't really better just different. She's just a kind of a weak actress in general though, probably the most noticeably bad from the entire cast.
>>
>>79790544
Not him, but it was an explanation for the audience under the assumption that they might be dumb. Like the time Cisco had to talk about different movies to Joe so they didn't lose him in the timetravel conversation.
Unless stated otherwise, what Stein says is canon, because it's the explanation given directly to the audience as to how shit works.
>>
>>79790606

I think it's more they don't give her good material. Caitlin mostly has filler-lines and the better scenes were all cut from season 1.

Plus I think it was The View where she talked about how Caitlin is really smart and sometimes she gets overwhelmed by all the science jargon and medical terms because she's worried about pronouncing them wrong and all that stuff.

Killer Frost is just a chill badguy that gets to keep things simple. They're giving her better lines and she can just relax and play it cool for once.
>>
>>79790682
>the better scenes were all cut from season 1.
Got a link to these? I know a few scenes of cut stuff are on youtube, like Joe confronting Wells when he's imprisoned.
>>
>>79790575
Dude you're saying that Eobard somehow jumped from Earth-0 (pre-mama Allen murder), got dicked around by Barry on E1, then returned to Earth-0 instead of just time travel.
>>
>>79790657
No, I'd agree with you if it was presented as if he was actually speaking from some kind of authority but if it was just a flippant guess in the middle of a rant I don't take that as canon. And I'm pretty sure that's what it was since I was listening for the explanation of how they'd explain shit to the normies.
>>
Last episode just reminded me of how awesome Amell was as Firestorm. Shame he fucked off to some other show. Jax isn't too bad but he's definitely a step down.
>>
>>79790736
Amell's acting+Jax's writing would have been great
>>
>>79790714
That's exactly what Wells said, anon. We know he's from a separate world where he didn't know Barry's name and that Barry became the Flash when he was 30. He came back from the future by accident, went back to his time, later learned Barry's name, went back again, and caused a timeline split.

>>79790723
He's presented as the show's "expert" on these things, because it's a CW show for black people and he has PhDs therefore he's smart. Just roll with it.
>>
>>79790657

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9gZWIYgI1w

Here it is for reference. It's generally speaking how multiverse theory works. Our choices split the timeline into different paths and worlds. To put it simply anyway. I believe there's another scene about this when they explain Cisco's powers but I don't remember for sure.

A world like Earth-2 would have converged far before the actual series from whatever earth Earth Prime is.

It's not "Oh there are all these Earths from the start." It's all these earth's being created and running side-by-side as they're created.

For example there would be an Earth where Barry stayed in Starling City and never got his powers, and there would be another where he never went in the first place. These diverging timelines all create infinite Earths with infinite possibilities.

>>79790486 This here is the exact same principle. There's an Earth all others was split from.
>>
>>79790707

I wouldn't call them better from an acting standpoint but certainly better in that the flat character should have kept her stuff.

I don't have a link though since I watched them on the bluray but there's one between her and Barry towards the end of the season, and I think another where she somewhat questions the morality of keeping the meta's in the pipe. It's all just little things really but they'd have helped quite a bit.
>>
So, they're gonna do a flashpoint paradox storyline eventually right?
>>
>>79790792
>He's presented as the show's "expert" on these things, because it's a CW show for black people and he has PhDs therefore he's smart. Just roll with it.

Ok but the video linked here >>79790800 is the same scene we're talking about and not once does he mention split timelines at all and I don't remember it being stated in the same part after that clip either.

If someone has a part that goes on longer post it. I truly don't remember it ever being stated as if it was fact.
>>
>>79790792
So far the only way to travel between universes has been the breaches, even Zoom, the fastest speedster we've seen has to use them. Thawne just used speed to go back in time and Tachyons to return, that makes no sense if going fast sent him back in time on Earth-0 in one instance and sent him to Earth-1 in another.
>>
>>79790846
Barry chose not to do that in S1, there's no real point.

If you just want a badend timeline where they try to fix things, that's basically what LoT is doing.
>>
File: Untitled.png (6 KB, 173x220) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
6 KB, 173x220
>>79790800
>It's all these earth's being created and running side-by-side as they're created.
And that's exactly what I've been saying. Time travel makes more worlds, but doesn't stop others from existing unless there's a singularity made from a time paradox.
>that second link
Oh, you're gonna be kicking yourself for this one. Pic related.

>>79790847
See pick related. He already agrees with me.

>>79790850
>So far the only way to travel between universes has been the breaches
*The only ways to travel directly between set points of different Earths
That Thawne is from a different timeline entirely. A whole different world that can't be a possible future because Eddie died. Even Thawne was confused when he popped up in our world.
>>
>>79790800
>>79790882
See, both of you guys are confusing me because the video says nothing about split timelines at all. All Stein says is that the worlds are created and that they run at the same time (ie its 2016 everywhere). He never even suggests split timelines nor choices causing it.

Unless we're just interpreting the "endless alternatives" line dramatically different. That to me is just him saying that it's infinite rather than suggesting anything about choices.
>>
>>79790967
Before that, Jay mentions a significant historical event that happened in his timeline that didn't happen in ours.
The question of the day is "When does something stop being an alternate timeline and start being a separate world entirely, or are all timelines separate worlds?"
>>
>>79790995
>The question of the day is "When does something stop being an alternate timeline and start being a separate world entirely, or are all timelines separate worlds?"

My issue is that for the purposes of discussing what is canon to the show's continuity it hasn't been fully explained yet so I don't understand people jumping to alternate timelines as the explanation as if there's proof since I truly don't remember it. I'll admit though that my "they're definitely not the same" belief is also probably wrong to state as fact too though.
>>
File: not another earth.jpg (426 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
not another earth.jpg
426 KB, 1280x720
>>79790882
Dude they explain in that very episode that due to timeline fuckery/being shielded in speedforce that younger Eobard, while still from this timeline, was protected from Eddie becoming an hero.
>>
File: 1447176675216.jpg (194 KB, 1150x750) Image search: [Google]
1447176675216.jpg
194 KB, 1150x750
>>79790294
>>
>>79791079
Everything I've stated has been backed up by the facts given in the show. I'm still waiting on people to disprove that they aren't alternate timelines when they are so close, and that even the people who whine about "b-but muh DC multiverse explanation" don't seem to realize that that very explanation agrees with me.

>>79791124
You're also forgetting that they still don't realize he's from a separate timeline, anon. Nobody ever told them what Eobard told Wells before he killed him; that STAR Labs had the malfunction in 20 years, not 15, etc.
>>
>>79791135
>when you sucked but she still nuttin
>>
>>79791151
The only problem I have at this point is that you're pretending as if your theories are confirmed canon like something inarguable such as Barry's dad being locked up in prison for a number of years. Your deductions aren't illogical by any means, but thinking everyone else should accept them as fact despite that not being confirmed at all is ridiculous. I don't know if you're >>79790094 or just someone who agrees with that interpretation, but a post like that is going to cause confusion since it was never stated at any point and the Stein explanation video proves it.

I don't know if you're wrong but you're certainly not right, at least not yet. There are other explanations they could use to smooth things over like Cisco's visions (though I doubt they'll bother trying to explain hypertime vs multiverse to a casual audience).
>>
File: Time For Crime!.jpg (139 KB, 800x538) Image search: [Google]
Time For Crime!.jpg
139 KB, 800x538
>It's a "Captain Cold and Rogues ham it up" episode
>>
>>79783622
Legends of Tomorrow
>>
>>79791358
>The only problem I have at this point is that you're pretending as if your theories are confirmed canon like something inarguable such as Barry's dad being locked up in prison for a number of years.
Wow, you're not even reading the posts you respond to. I just said in my last post that I'm waiting for someone to disprove my theory, and nobody has. Nothing more.
>>
>>79791385
Not that anon, but your theory is, at best, a hypothesis and not even that. It's based on the speculation of Dr. Stein. that's it. There's no point in disproving squat, because there simply aren't enough facts on the table yet.
>>
>>79791361
the best kind
>>
>>79791396
>It's based on the speculation of Dr. Stein. that's it.
As discussed earlier in the thread, Stein's speculation exists to explain the laws of the universe (read as: his speculation isn't speculation at all).
>a hypothesis and not even that.
Ahah.
>>
>>79791385
This was a discussion of what is canon or not, not a discussion of whether your theory makes sense.

At no point does any character in S2 state that the multiverse was caused by split timelines.
>>
>>79791361
When are going to get a full Rouges episode?
>>
>>79791361
WHY DO THEY CALL YOU GUYS THE HEAT

I'M THE HEAT

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Can't wait for Rogues in S3
>>
File: Patty_Spivot.png (587 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Patty_Spivot.png
587 KB, 1280x720
>It's a Barry metaphorically slips on an atomic banana peel episode
>>
>>79791432
>This was a discussion of what is canon or not
No, it was about this. >>79790031 >>79790049
The whole discussion is about the theory, anon.
>At no point does any character in S2 state that the multiverse was caused by split timelines.
And at no point do the main characters ever acknowledge stuff they didn't see that the audience did. I guess what Thawne said and did is non-canon, etc.
>>
>>79791423
Dude, Stein is not WoG. He has as much credibility as Harry in >>79791124 in explaining shit to the audience.
>>
>>79791464
How the fuck was CW able to masterfully go from having a lovable relationship (the literal blind date was great) to drawn out bullshit drama so quickly?
>>
>>79791472
And yet when the show first introduced timetravel theories, they immediately went to him to have it explained to the audience. The show introduced it as theorems but presented them as facts and they have not been challenged since.
>>
>>79791484
It's CW's evil superpower.
>>
File: wouldntmindblown.gif (521 KB, 235x174) Image search: [Google]
wouldntmindblown.gif
521 KB, 235x174
>>79791432
this is true
just Barry's dickering fucks everything up and opens breaches to this one other universe in the multiverse, the timeline things are infinite
you just cannot comprehend
>>
>>79791503
Harry's theory directly challenges Stein's as it's dealing with Eobard pre-Nora's death and Eobard post-Nora's death
>>
>>79791503
They can be challenged at any time the plot demands it. These are 20th and 21st century scientists. They do not have a solid grasp on time travel or alternate realities to the point they can make laws.
>>
File: 1452821491516.png (303 KB, 344x394) Image search: [Google]
1452821491516.png
303 KB, 344x394
>>79791467
>And at no point do the main characters ever acknowledge stuff they didn't see that the audience did. I guess what Thawne said and did is non-canon, etc.
When you're reaching THAT hard to try and support your argument, it's time to step back and take a good hard rethink of your position.
>>
I still like the new theory that Zoom is the Flash from the original show that lost his world. That was the original flash in the vortex wasn't it?
>>
>>79791467
But the posts you quoted are literally a discussion started because an anon misrepresented theory as canon

I hope you're memeing at this point.
>>
>>79791525
Barry dicking around never opened up a breach, actually, just Eddie killing himself. Although it could be inferred that future Flash has done that or worse since he was telling current Flash not to save his mama.
>>
>>79791528
Harry's theory doesn't take into account them being separate timelines. His explanation relies on them being the same timeline, which the audience knows is false.

>>79791531
And when we'll come to that when it happens. Until then, find a hole in my theory other than "b-b-but there may be a hole some day!" Fuck, it's like you think gravity doesn't exist.

>>79791536
That's not reaching at all.
>>
>>79791464
I feel like the only one in the world that didn't like her.
>>
>>79791439
The last midseason finale was the close we've been, but we've still got a ways to go.
>>
File: FlashDad.png (318 KB, 722x402) Image search: [Google]
FlashDad.png
318 KB, 722x402
>>79791544
Yep, FlashDad.
>>
>>79789552
>In fact, if zoom doesn't realize phasing is a speed power
He already gave Reverb a handshake, he's not retarded. However, it might be a special room or something, or Zoom took enough speed already?
>>
>>79791558
The way they were talking before it happened, it kind of seemed like the wormhole might have begun anyway due to the machine losing its shit. I think I need to watch the finale again to be sure though.

>>79791584
I kind of liked her, but not as much as /co/. She was like S1 Laurel-tier to me.
>>
File: 1431651652114.png (34 KB, 196x197) Image search: [Google]
1431651652114.png
34 KB, 196x197
>>79791439
Season 3

>tfw cold and heatwave will make inside jokes to each other referencing the bullshit they went through in legends of tomorrow that no one else will get
>>
>>79791361
Christ that man looks like he is having the time of his life.
>>
>>79791631
Heatwave is really surprising me on LoT. I haven't enjoyed him on Flash like I do there. I hope it carries over.
>>
>>79791361
Someone post the webm of him frolicking through the battlefield from LoT
>>
>>79791544
Eh, I'm glad that's not a possibility. Retroactively turning the hero of the last series into a psychotic villain? That's some Armageddon 2001-tier bullshit right there.

>>79791584
She wasn't the greatest love interest ever, but she didn't deserve the send-off they gave her.
>>
File: Cisco.jpg (61 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Cisco.jpg
61 KB, 640x360
>>79791504
Drama Queen
>>
>>79791691
I don't think 90s Flash is Zoom, but it would at least explain why they bothered to get the rights for the old show and put it up on CW Seed.
>>
>>79789575
They were very uncomfortable with eachother and Joe seemed to have some anger towards him. But I dont think they "hated" eachother. His deathbed scene seemed to acknowledge room for peace in their relationship.
>>
>>79791584
She devolved pretty quick. You're not alone, anon. S2's weak start was to a large part due to too much screentime with BarryxPatty
>>
>>79791699
lol
>>
>>79791691
But it made sense making Captain Atom into Monarch at least more than Hawk
>>
>>79791636
He says it's that most fun he's had acting, and it really shows.
>>
>>79791723

And why Barrys Dad is out of prison but hasn't shown up all season. They want viewers to forget about him until the moment zoom pulls of his mask. It won't be Barrys dad and the reveal will be at the end of the episode building up massive hype.
>>
File: chess master.webm (3 MB, 856x480) Image search: [Google]
chess master.webm
3 MB, 856x480
I miss Eobard
>>
>>79791459
I still can't believe we haven't gotten Mirror Master or the Top yet.
>>
>>79790094
This isn't how multiple universes work, at least not necessarily. But the original universe had an alternate timeline, that was either erased, readjusted or...whatever. I dunno how that stuff works.

This is a different universe. It's not like in some multiverse concepts where major and minor choices create alternate realities. This is just, there are multiple universes in which some are parallel to eachother and have consistencies and some are just different entirely (Supergirl obviously does not have their own Flash...yet for example).

One thing I find interesting too is that not only do the characters obviously have their doppelgangers on earth 2 but certain events or instances seem to happen regardless in different ways; One of the Wests becomes a cop, Caitlin and Ronnie are together, Ronnie is still Firestorm, Ronnie, Caitlin and Cisco still come together, they still work with a Speedster, Someone Iris and Barry's families are connected, Barry is still a fanboy to Wells.

That's all I thought of, but Im sure they'll reveal more next week.
>>
>>79791811
Mirror Master has come within a hair's breath of actually killing the Flash, repeatedly, so, I could see him being a full season 'big bad'.
>>
>>79787532
What is it with Ricks?.
>>
>>79791655
Seriously, the actor is killing it. I was legitimately worried his character was in danger on the latest episode of Legends. He's way to much fun to have around.
>>
>>79791691
The fact that somehow the guy that has superspeed can't do a long distance relationship was silly.
>>
>>79791914
I took that to be less about him not doing a long distance relationship and more him not wanting to be in a relationship with someone who would decide to leave without discussing it first. The really retarded part was her revealing that it was just mindgames and she would have stayed if he begged her. Fuck that shit.
>>
>>79791361
Yes please. As soon as possible!
>>
>>79791811
>>79791869
And when done well the Top is a scheming mastermind, so he could be a pretty big villain himself. Even if not a big bad.
>>
>>79791976
It was more obviously due to Flash being scared of Zoom/other villains raping his loved ones (even though that never came about).
>>
>>79792021
The top's real problem is that, when you apply a sanity check to his powers, they're something Barry can already deal with since he has stuff like speed lightning.
>>
>>79787891
I'd like to think that was intentional. In reality, he's just like Cisco as well, he's just faking that kind of impression to seem intimidating and to be taken seriously.
>>
>>79792041
Realistically I guess most of the villains Barry's faced wouldn't be a huge threat to him. The Top, if you're talking about him as of the Johns era, has a shit ton of abilities at his disposal. Genius-level intelligence, telekinesis, super speed spinning, vertigo-inducement, weaponized tops (he didn't use them in the Johns era, but could have if he'd chosen to), doesn't stay dead for long because he can possess bodies, and basically low-level shapeshifting. He's ridiculously powerful. The show probably won't do all that with him, but he's got a lot of strengths to use.
>>
>>79792129
Oh yeah, and I forgot his mind-control abilities as well.
>>
>>79792129
Wasn't most of that after the Top died and came back from the dead?
>>
I wish they introduce a villain with Accelerator's powers.
>>
>>79792388
Yes, that was by the Johns era. Though he developed the telekinesis, the spinning, the intelligence, and the weapon tops before he died.
>>
>>79792641
Yeah, it's been a while, so it's all fuzzy. The top is one of those guys that didn't remain as clear in my memory as, say, Kadabra, Mirror Master or Cold.

Thanks for the info, anon.
>>
>>79788581
Zoom? It's Earth 1 Jay. Hunter Zolomon.
>>
>>79792670
>yfw Murmur shows up

I don't like Murmur
>>
>>79792655
Yeah, he's not hugely well known because he isn't really all that popular. He happens to be my favourite Rogue though, so that's why I'm really hoping he appears sooner rather than later on the show.

>>79792707
He's already appeared on Arrow, and he wasn't nearly as horrifying as in the comics. He did sew up his mouth, however. I wouldn't really mind him appearing on Flash even though I don't like his comics incarnation either.
>>
>>79791736
I was under the impression that Joe seeing "Barry" actively protecting Iris and not being the selfish lump he'd alluded to Earth-2 Barry being, was what allowed him to respect Barry and trust him with Iris during the deathbed scene.
>>
>>79791810
Me too anon, me too.
I do like based Cavanagh a lot, but E-2 Wells just isn't the same as Eobard Wells...
>>
>>79788114
As an fyi to all, these episodes wind up on iTunes and Hulu literally same day at some points. I'm in Japan and this is how I choose to follow it.
>>
>>79792834
Hah, doppelganger irony!
>>
>>79792950
Doesn't itunes charge?
>>
File: Snart running.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Snart running.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>79791676
>>
>>79781182
I would have liked a nice and short little scene where Wells gave crisco and barry a set of meta-alert bracelets that were tampered so that they could detect metas, but also mask their presence.
WOULDN'T THAT HAVE BEEN A GOOD IDEA?
But no, instead we get
>oh gee, my meta detector just went off and thinks you're it... meh
FINE, IRIS IS AN IDIOT IN ALL REALITIES. I CAN GET BEHIND THAT. WHY DIDN'T HE SET OFF EVERYONE IN THE STATION EVERY TIME HE VISITED?
WHY NOT DOWN THE STREET?
WHY NOT EVERYONE IN THE JITTERBUGS, SINCE WE ESTABLISHED THEY ALL HAD THEM?
I'd also like to know why cisco didn't set them off, but I'm willing to give them a pass that the out of phase thing that was messing with his power also kept him hidden from the detectors. It's not a good pass. Just a D bump up to a pity pass, because the teacher doesn't want to see you repeat her class again.
>>
>>79793177
Speedforce did all those things.
>>
>>79793177
Anon, have you taken your meds yet?
>>
>>79793215
There are meds that fix poor writing?
But seriously man, I don't normally nitpick this hard, but the writers went out of their way to use those meta detectors. They could have just not used them, but instead they insisted on waving them all around, despite ignoring absolutely everything that they imply. They grab you by the nose and rub it right into their plot hole.
>>
>>79793269
>There are meds that fix poor writing?
Yes. It's called alcohol
>>
>>79791484

CW has been making Dramas for years.
I don't know if it's the Geoff Johns influence (Though a lot of the times Executive Producer does not mean anything)
But they been able to balance between the show being a live action comic book, and a drama pretty well most of the time.
>>
File: 1449076417478.jpg (55 KB, 416x416) Image search: [Google]
1449076417478.jpg
55 KB, 416x416
>"You know what ZOOM will do"
>ZOOM just shows up out of nowhere
>"THAT"
>>
>>79792406
He definitely fits the comic book villain motif. And his bullshit power has a dumb weakness too.
>>
File: 1440476566296.png (245 KB, 450x349) Image search: [Google]
1440476566296.png
245 KB, 450x349
>>79781182
>Zoom fucking killing Deathstorm
>Phasing Cisco
>Again
that was 10/10
>>
>>79783952
This. It would give her something to do, and would be a good balance for the team.

Have Barry act weird around her until he tells her about Earth 2, then have her do experiments to try and prevent herself from getting powers and cause it. If you treat her like the original comics' KF the process could be reversible- Crystal Frost became normal again after she drained enough heat. You could have her trying to manage her powers and prevent from hulking out and becoming a psychotic murderer.

Caitlin is best girl and I've been waiting for her to become Frost since the damn show started. Don't cuck me out of my waifu, CW.
>>
>>79786105
This.

It's a good show but Zoom fucking sucks. Reverse Flash was good because the viewer knew his secret from Episode 1, and the whole show was about the tension of them dealing with that secret. You knew he was the villain but he was also one of the team, so you couldn't help but grow to like him. But with Zoom the viewers never see him unless he's twirling his moustache so he comes across as a plot device instead of a character.

And Patty was shameless waifu bait and I'm glad she's gone. I was talking to a friend of mine about how Patty has a mixed reception on line and he got legitimately angry and started blaming Gamer Gate not being able to get girls for people not liking her.

The cringe is real.
>>
Has anyone got the screencap of Barry Allen; Multiverse Murderer?
>>
>>79783622
South Park
>>
>>79781182
What the fuck was Barry's problem this episode

He's going to the station to get info and then immediately says "fuck that" and goes off to bang another man's wife.

Not very heroic, Barry
>>
File: the-flash-phone-justice-league.jpg (553 KB, 1023x1023) Image search: [Google]
the-flash-phone-justice-league.jpg
553 KB, 1023x1023
>>79795188
He's the motherfucking Flash.
>>
File: captain cold wallet.png (501 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
captain cold wallet.png
501 KB, 1280x720
>>79791361
>team asks Snart to steal a security card
>he steals the card, the wallet and makes a pun about cold
Captain Cold is the best part of LoT
>>
>>79795715
He really stole the show in the latest episode.
>>
>>79796456
He steals the show every fucking episode. He's the only god damn competent member of the team, and he doesn't cause drama wherever fucking possible.
>>
>>79796480
>He's the only god damn competent member of the team
Don't be forgetting about Heatwave now.
>>
>>79794667
She's my waifu, and has been ever since sky high. FUCK OFF
>>
>>79796480
>>79796824
Or Stein
>>
>>79797593
Stein causes constant drama. Not as much as the others, but he's still a cunt
>>
>>79791361
Those are my favorite episodes.
>>
File: mask.png (644 KB, 700x465) Image search: [Google]
mask.png
644 KB, 700x465
N E W T R A I L E R
E
W

T
R
A
I
L
E
R

HYPE TRAIN HAS NO BREAKS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My9uSscBO8E
>>
>>79796480
Exactly! I knew he would be my favorite part of the show, but I didn't know he'd be one of the best members of the team.
>>
>>79794739
Zoom is fine. He's an experiment for showrunners in general and I'm glad they're treading into territory most others will avoid by having a villain who will, legitly, just fucking kill you. I think the under-utilisation is a result of that more than anything else. Everytime Zoom shows up, shit goes down. That is a good thing.

Now, as for Patty, I wholeheartedly agree. She's the kind of obsessively creepy chick I personally wouldn't touch. I'm curious though: What does your friend think of Iris? Y'know, a girl with her own opinions who doesn't stalk Barry or worship the ground he walks on while making unreasonable, semi-psychotic demands...
>>
>>79795715

I love him so much.
>>
>>79797841
>ZOOM's hand seemingly in Wellsobard's time room

TIME TO PANIC LADS
>>
>>79798007

WHAT IF ZOOM WAS FROM ANOTHER TIME ALL ALONG

E1 BARRY IS MAKING A HELL OF A LOT MORE SENSE
>>
File: 1358743068774.png (47 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1358743068774.png
47 KB, 500x500
>>79797841
>Zoom taking the helmet
its time
>>
>>79797841
Who is the masked man
>>
>>79783581
Upon second viewing, I'm surprised reverb didn't rise against zoom and become the "big bad"
There's always next season...
probably just another speedster
>>
>>79798222

E2 Wally, ironically because he's the only other black man
>>
>>79795223
Wait, how does Earth-2 Barry know the secret identities of Batman, Green Lantern, and Wonder Woman? He's not The Flash in that reality.

Then again, I don't think Hal is the Green Lantern there either, but that doesn't explain Diana.
>>
>>79790201
im not sure you know what a red herring is
>>
>>79798401
It's just an easter egg dude relax. They can't use Bruce or Diana anyway.
>>
>>79791361
Yes please.
>>
>>79793177

>WHY NOT EVERYONE IN THE JITTERBUGS, SINCE WE ESTABLISHED THEY ALL HAD THEM?

Yeah, that also pissed me off. I can ignore a lot of terrible writing, but this small point. It would have been so fucking easy to just have Wells give him some anti-bracelet bracelet!
>>
>>79799060
Or, since they're all run over a central server, upload a patch that patches Barry out. Oh, wait...
>>
>>79799060
>>79799160
It's the small things that are annoying.
>>
>>79797909
He doesn't like Iris because she wanted Barry to tell her about being the Flash. Kinda ironic considering that is what Patty did.

Personally I think Iris has been not shit this season, but after her big episode with Weather Wizard Patty basically became Season 1 Iris with a Felicity filter. She was supposed to be the "perfect quirky nerd gurl" and I guess it worked on some people.
>>
>>79798222
The Lone Ranger
>>
>>79799060
After Iris's went off he should have just said he was vibrating his molecules in a different frequency or something.
>>
>>79799416
>She was supposed to be the "perfect quirky nerd gurl" and I guess it worked on some people.

Which is funny because that's not how they wrote her. They wrote her as damaged goods, which is the unspoken, main reason Barry did not continue things with her. He's much too "nice" to say it, but Patty is a crooked cop and a murderer in the making, who cried wolf just to test the theory that he's the Flash. There's a dozen reasons not to continue things with her and from what it looked like, not telling her he's the Flash and her being in danger is nothing more than an excuse he fronted, because she's ringing a dozen or so alarm bells.

>He doesn't like Iris

Yeah, I figured. Iris and Linda both have definite personalities and their own goals independant of the main lead. This is something that seriously rubs people who go for insecure, needy psychos like Patty the wrong way. It's the same with Olicity fans and Oliver. They had to completely change his character to appeal to those shippers, because someone who isn't a beaten houseman doesn't appeal to that kind of "fan".
>>
>>79799536
That would be true in the real world, but within the show's logic Patty did nothing wrong.

Linda was pretty shit in Season 1, but Iris was fucking insufferable in S1. They had so much "stronk womyn" crap going on and it took center stage the whole season. It wasn't until Eddie died and Iris got Wally to pile her drama on that she got good. Now instead of being a goddamn emotional albatross she's a supportive friend.
>>
>>79799536
>>79799738

To clarify, Patty was ABSOLUTELY a huge bitch, especially when she put Barry on the spot and emotionally blackmailed him to tell her he was the Flash, and called in that fake threat, but the show very much treated what she did as something that was justified since Barry was "distant." He had to do it to save her, but the show presents it as him doing something wrong for her benefit.

It's something that's very common with soap operas and soap opera writers, which a lot of CW people are: since they're targeted to women, a lot of the shows' logic and morals are focused on what are important to women. Emotions and romantic connections always take precedence over plans and conflicts.
>>
>>79799738
>Linda was pretty shit in Season 1, but Iris was fucking insufferable in S1. They had so much "stronk womyn" crap going on and it took center stage the whole season. It wasn't until Eddie died and Iris got Wally to pile her drama on that she got good. Now instead of being a goddamn emotional albatross she's a supportive friend.
Agreed.
I'm surprised at how much I'm actually enjoying Iris in this season, despite her being pretty much the same character as before. She works WAY better as Barry's friend than as a love interest.
And the only time she was outright being a bitch the dragracing incident, she was actually RIGHT.
>>
>>79799890
Maybe I'm just used to romance dramas geared toward older women, but a lot of the stuff I find enjoyable in that regard entails stable personalities on both ends of the relationship. This Twilight-tier crap where someone we'd consider crazy and creepy IRL is hyped up to be a dindunuffin irks the hell out of me.

I didn't mind Iris in season 1. She was being a dumb kid and a lot of people her age actually think emotional blackmail is a viable strategy. The reason I like her now is because she developed past that and as of the crossover, I have to say she's played by an excellent actress with a range far greater than love interest.

At this point, I could see Barry/Iris as something natural even. In season 1, I couldn't. It was a crush on his part and kinda cringy. But now, with the underlaying feelings that are there and Wally filling in the "brother" role, they could naturally slip into it without it seeming like some fucked up forced incest thing. The friend vibe we get from them is rooted in some very deep feelings and I see it more as a platonic relationship that could become more in due time.

>since they're targeted to women, a lot of the shows' logic and morals are focused on what are important to women. Emotions and romantic connections always take precedence over plans and conflicts.

The irony is, a lot of the women I know are turned off by this. The sentiment I get frequently is very much "there's a time and a place, and the middle of a fucking crisis isn't it". Then again, my frame of reference is women in my age group from 30-40, so, younger girls may tick differently.
>>
>>79798401
You're overthinking it. They might not be superheroes over there, just business partners or something. Like Diana could just be an ambassador.
>>
>>79799993
I think Iris could work as a love interest if they didn't feel the need to pile on drama (of course we know they can't). Like the scenes with her and Barry hanging out and being kind of flirty were fine. It's just everything else that was bad.
>>
>>79781182
i fucking loved evil firestorm "havent let the old man out in years, he doesnt talk much" shit was cash
>>
>>79800859
>cringey

I cringed. There's a website for memers like you.
>>
>earth 2 barry is a faggot bitch who put his wife in a job to pay off his loans

holy fuck can they even redeem him
>>
>>79800978
The problem is that will they/won't they drama is a big thing they can use for telling stories easily. A lot of writers don't like putting characters in stable relationships because it ties them down.

Fuck, how long did X-Files go on with that shit?
>>
>>79801195
>be so charming that a cute woman puts you through college
>not based
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.