[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's imagine that Batman takes L's place in the plot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 7
File: Batman vs Light.png (665 KB, 1008x722) Image search: [Google]
Batman vs Light.png
665 KB, 1008x722
Let's imagine that Batman takes L's place in the plot of Death Note. After Kira kills every big name criminal in Gotham (except for the Joker for obvious reasons, and maybe Black Mask), Batman begins investigating Kira. Lets assume Batman is willing to collaborate with the police if they accept his help.
Does Batman discover that Light is Kira before Light discovers that Batman is Bruce Wayne?
>>
>>79777036
I don't think so just because Bruce Wayne being Batman is pretty fucking obvious.
>>
Batman wins.
Poor match up.
A better would be Deathnote but with the Question
>>
>>79777036
Pretty sure if he tried that shit in DC he'd get curb stomped by the League.
>>
>>79777081
You forget, Batman is the strongest reality warper in all of fiction.
>>
>>79777036
Light would have never been discovered as Kira if he never killed that L imposter impulsively in the first few chapters. How he didn't see such obvious b8 is beyond me.

Based on that alone I would have to say that Bruce could find Light pretty easily. He'd be willing to resort to tricks like that to bring him out of hiding.
>>
>>79777036
He finds out who batman is within the first few hours. He's not as stupid as the average DC citizen.
>>
>>79777104
They'd have to find him first
Using the same information as L (the times of death that Light was stupid enough to not randomize throughout the day and week), Batman would be able to deduce that Kira lives in Japan and is probably a student. But Batman wouldn't be willing to pull L's stunt of using a death-row convict to try and prove he's in Kanto.
>>
>>79777134
>Light would have never been discovered as Kira if he never killed that L imposter impulsively in the first few chapters
He actually still could have gotten away with it, since after that there was no evidence that would allow anyone to narrow him down amongst the millions of High School students in Japan.
His REAL mistake was when he decided to purposefully let L and the police know that he has access to their information in a dumb attempt to cause friction between them. In doing that, L figured out he was a relative of a policeman involved in the case. From there, it was only a matter of time before he was caught.
>>
Wouldn't Fate, Constantine, etc catch on to the demonic tie shit and figure it out before Batman anyway?
>>
>>79777219
Except L didn't catch Light.
>>
>>79777135

Light basically survives for almost the entire series thanks to plot twists out of the ass and occasionally new Death Note powers being invented at the exact right time he needs them.
>>
>>79777036
Kira finds out because he's not an idiot. When he writes his name, Batman explains why it doesn't seem to work on him
>"The Death Note doesn't work with pseudonyms!"
>>
>>79777388
Technically true
>>
>>79777297
This. If it takes place in DC, he's gonna get caught asap anyways.
>>
>>79777081
>>79777135
>Light being Japanese isn't familiar with Batman, Bruce Wayne or Gotham
>After a quick Google search he concludes that Bruce Wayne can't be Batman because there's plenty of pictures of the 2 together
You have to assume that Batman's identity plot armor is on.

>>79777388
Because L is an idiot who didn't actually tell anyone important about his suspicions of Light. If he had just told the CIA or the Mossad or anyone about it, they'd have solved the Kira problem for good.
>>
Yeah I am pretty sure Batman will beat him first. If the Justice League, the Justice Society, the magic part of the DCU, Doom Patrol, and any high tier god-like being (Morpheus, Death) don't find out about it first.
>>
>>79777162
>They'd have to find him first

Not that hard for a guy that can see through walls, hear everyone in the world, and fly at super speeds.
>>
>>79777815
You overestimate them. There's just too many people in the world for them to keep an eye on every single person.
>>
>>79778605
>There's just too many people in the world

Tell that to J'onn J'onzz
>>
>>79778605
Seriously? Clark managed to fly over to Ollie who was just yelling Clark while on a motorboat in order to save his son. What makes you think Supes can't pinpoint where the fuck Light would be hiding?
>>
>>79778678
Because he wouldn't know who to look for, since he wouldn't know Light is Kira. That's the point.
>>
>>79778746
He would though, because the League would be doing this thing called working as a team.
>>
>>79777036
More importantly almost the ENTIRE JLA is dead, Stewart, Superman(Does he write Kal El or Clark kent?), Diana, jon Hal, Barry, Bats and other masked are not revealed to Shinigami eyes. (Can he kill Shazam since he is god level?)
>>
File: Humans Only.png (41 KB, 450x730) Image search: [Google]
Humans Only.png
41 KB, 450x730
>>79778881
>Superman(Does he write Kal El or Clark kent?)

Neither.
>>
>>79778881
Light doesn't have the eye. He would only be able to kill the JLA if they're unable to catch him before he makes contact with Misa Amane, so they'd have a few months head-start.
>>
>>79778881
The concept of death is higher than a god. You got to remember shinigami are basically grim reapers.
>>
>>79777081
He'd write Bruce Wayne in the note and be incredibly confused when Wayne doesn't die.
>>
>>79779073
I hate when people say things like this. As if the Wayne legacy doesn't matter to Bruce's identity just because he feels more like the Batman persona.
>>
>>79778997
Detective Chimp will save us all.
>>
>>79778997
speaking of the rules, how does this work in regards to people that get their names legally changed? Do they still get killed due to the person imagining the face as they write the name down or does it not apply due to the person no longer associating themselves with that name?

>>79779036
I'd say death is in the same level as gods due to the fact that gods can die in certain mythologies, and that gods of death exist in others.
>>
>>79779108
DC universe, Death is higher than any god.
>>
>>79779098
This. That shit wouldn't matter to a concept of death.
>>79779108
I think in DC, Death is higher up on the totem pole due to the endless.
>>
>>79779144
Even The Presence?
>>
What would be the lead that Batman would have over Light versus Light narrowing down the potential individuals that could most likely be Batman?

Light is an unassuming asian guy and Batman is a well known entity with a ton of shit to work with when it comes to narrowing down the list of suspects, one guy has the means to dispose the other without leaving his house or leaving a trace of evidence, the playing field is already lopsided.
>>
>>79779178
I think the Endless are just below that. Shazam is nothing even coming close to that though.
>>
>>79779108
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_name
>>
>>79779196
>one guy has the means to dispose the other without leaving his house or leaving a trace of evidence
Light is arrogant, he'd do something stupid that gives away a bunch of information, just like how he basically handed L everything he needed on a silver platter >>79777162

If we assume Batman collaborated with the Japanese police, that means Light would do the exact same thing he did with L and brag about having police info in an attempt to make Batman and the cops to come into conflict. And this time it would be his undoing because Batman isn't as restricted as L.
>>
>>79779305
Oops, meant to respond to >>79777219
>>
>>79779305

He's arrogant, but he still starts off with a greater advantage simply because Batman is a bigger name with a greater deal of material to work with to deduce who he could possibly be before Light, who is by all means a relative nobody, is on Batman's radar.
>>
>>79779549
Not really. As evidenced by Jimbats, the notion of Batman not being a rich guy in a suit could happen in Gotham. That means the only thing necessary for Batman would be a dude in good physical shape.
>>
>>79777598
I'd once concocted a scenario with a Mycroft (pick any iteration) dealing with Kira. As soon as he concluded it was Light, he simply had him assassinated since, as Sherlock would explain
"Mycroft would rather let you think him wrong than go to the effort of PROVING himself correct."
And then the killings would stop and he'd go back to... whatever he does.
>>
File: Bane.jpg (59 KB, 424x600) Image search: [Google]
Bane.jpg
59 KB, 424x600
>>79777598
but it's not like that identity plot armor is invincible
>>
You need to see a person's face, right? Does it matter if said face is wearing a cowl?

You need a real name, too. What would kill him in this case, 'Bruce Wayne' or 'Batman'?
>>
>>79780478

There's far more evidence pointing towards a single individual of a specific background like Bruce than Gordon in his limited run.

Light has a lot more to work with from the get-go than Batman when narrowing down the already significantly smaller list of suspects, Batman is working against a very tight time limit and has no means to profile Light without significant time and effort directed into the search.
>>
Suppose Yoshikage Kira and Light Yagami found each other. Who wins
>>
>>79782688
>You need to see a person's face, right? Does it matter if said face is wearing a cowl?

No.

As long as Light has Bruce Wayne's face in his mind, the Death Note will work because there is a specific person tied to the name.

>You need a real name, too. What would kill him in this case, 'Bruce Wayne' or 'Batman'?

Bruce Wayne, that's his name, it doesn't matter what he identifies with personally.
>>
>>79782839
>Yoshikage baits Yagami into a face to face meeting
>Yagami does his 'slip of paper up the sleeve trick after the obligatory "I, YOSHIKAGE KIRA, HAVE WON"
>bite za dusto
>rewind to before his name was written
>I told you. I've won.
>>
>>79777598
>Because L is an idiot who didn't actually tell anyone important about his suspicions of Light

L literally told the entire task force if he dies that Light is kira. Even when Light is cleared by the task force he insists to everyone that he believes Light is still kira. The problem is he get out maneuver by Light when he gives his notebook to the 3rd kira and then gets shinigami'd by by Ren because she has a hard on for Misa.

>>79777134
>obvious b8

Light gets way rustled by what the fake L says to him, and remember this is very early on in Light's career as kira. He's still an arrogant little prick who thinks he can't be beaten because he has a magic notebook (ironic since the first time he encounters the fake L he assumes L is the arrogant one and takes his bait because of it). Light also isn't aware that of the suspicions L has at that moment.
>>
>>79778678
How would he know what to look for? You forget in scenes like this that Superman always keeps "an ear" on his friends. Normally he has to screen the various things his super senses pick up and they don't reach his conscious thought (otherwise he'd go mad) but his brain instantly tells him when someone familiar to him is saying something just like when you're in a crowded room and someone says your name and you can instantly zero in on it. Kira would not be familiar to him and wouldn't really be saying anything distinct enough to clue in on among the random crap that people are saying all around the world.
>>
File: Riddler_009.jpg (14 KB, 180x274) Image search: [Google]
Riddler_009.jpg
14 KB, 180x274
>>79777036
A better match-up would be Light going against the Riddler and that he doesn't know his name.
Who would of win than?
Could the Riddler outsmart Near?
>>
>>79784906
Riddler would suffer breakdowns during the event.
>>
>>79777036
>Batman starts trying to figure out who "Kira" is. Baed on leads, goes to Japan to track him down.
>Light starts trying to figure out who Batman is. Goes to Gotham to track him down.

>Because detective work and smarts (fuck, Tim Drake managed to figure it out) Light deduces Batman = Bruce Wayne.
>After world travels and shenanigans, Kira eventually kills Bruce Wayne.
>Kira reads Gotham newspaper about how "Billionaire Bruce Wayne Dies While On Business Trip in Japan"

>Light enjoys a brief vacation in the States and eventually returns home triumphant to Japan.
>Goes up to computer to return to standard Kira duties.
>Computer screen lights up on its own. A grainy black Batman symbol on a white screen.

"Hello, Kira. Don't bother denying it. My death was the last bit of proof I needed. I planned for it months ago when my investigation began. By the time you read this, it will have been approximately one month since I died, and was retrieved by an associate of mine named Talia."

And that's when Batman crashes through his window and kicks him through a wall.
>>
There is no way for Light to identify Batman.
>>
All this Light figures out Bruce is Batman in 5 minutes is nonsense. There are people smarter than Kira in DC that havent figured out Batmans identity and Light only got as far as he did because of all that plot armor. So if Light gets his plot armor then Batman gets his too, which is 'theres no way that billionaire playboy has the time to be batman', Kira has to work for it.
>>
>>79788859
Kind of depends on the continuity, you had Dick Grayson being revealed as Nightwing in the current DCU so maybe the connection feels a little less of a logical leap than at other times
>>
>>79777036

Batman feeds the available evidence into the Batcomputer and it reveals who Light is.
>>
File: vtUx7Ri.png?1.png (532 KB, 700x1377) Image search: [Google]
vtUx7Ri.png?1.png
532 KB, 700x1377
This shit would be over in about a day. Not to mention Light has actual detective skills.
>>
>>79788859
>Light only got as far as he did because of all that plot armor
Bullshit. There's an actual logical progression to follow. The fact that no one in DC has figured out who Batman is is because of convenient ignorance of obvious shit like the trail of dead Robins. THAT'S plot armor.
>>
>>79777036
>Send Misa to Gotham
>Kyyya I'm getting robbed!
>Batman helps
>Call Lighto
Yeah, over in a day.
>>
>>79784906
Riddler gets a huge boner from giving out unnecessary clues. He'd probably get himself killed.
>>
>>79784206
>L literally told the entire task force if he dies that Light is kira
The Taskforce consisted of like 5 cops who were in no position of power, and since one of them was Light's father you can't expect them to take L's accusations seriously and weren't gonna tell anyone else.
If L had told the CIA, the FBI, Interpol, the Japanese government, or hell just told Mello and Near straight away that he thought Light was Kira, Light would have been screwed.
>>
>>79777036
Even if Kira figured out Batman was Bruce Wayne, someone else would take his place, so Kira wouldn't even be aware that he actually got Batman.
>>
>>79777081
>implying a japanese man could distinguish between white men
>>
>>79777036

Can I ask a question?

How the fuck does anyone EVER find out that Light is Kira? I mean, unless he DELIBERATELY leaves calling cards, there's no way it could happen.

Like, he has a method of killing that's completely untraceable. How do you even know that there's a murderer on the loose? A shitload of people die in Gotham every day.
>>
>>79777036
Discovering tha he is Kira was retarded in the first place. There is no way to discover definitely that one guy in his home is killing all those people. He could deny it any way he wanted. The story never made sense to me.
>>
>>79793705
No because Bruce Wayne would be dead.

If someone else took his place, Kira would go, "Bruce Wayne got replaced", not, "Oh, so Bruce Wayne wasn't Batman??"
>>
>>79778670
ma nigga martian
>>
>>79793963
The original idea was to trace killings (Since he's not imaginative enough to write cause for every death, a fatal heart attack is suspicious) to specific knowledge that suspect would have.

Anime started with L narrowing down suspect pool to Japan and to a single provice.
Invertedly, Light managed to temporarily procure alibi by concealing his source of knowledge (The infamous popato chip scene)
>>
>>79793963
It was bacause L tested it. Basically they figured Light was using the news reports to kill but L figured that there was a pattern or something. I think he got tipped off when he found out a killer was killed before it was on tv that he was even released. So L figured he was using the police dossier instead.

To test it, he arranged for several murderers to be put on the list to see if Light would take the bait. And he did. Either that or they were never real and no kira killings happened that week.

I still think that L getting toasted was retarded towards the end, like there was some real bullshit to pull kira out of the fire, and then a bunch of shit to keep the series going for longer than it should have.
>>
>>79778670
Underrated post. J'onn could probably figure out who Kira is pretty easily with his powers.
>>
>>79778997
To be fair in the world of Death Note the only two intelligent set of beings were humans and shinigami.

For the death note book to fit into the world of DC, some rules probably would have to be adapted to fit the universe better.
>>
>>79794029
I assume that both L had OCD and refused to close case without definitive proof and authorities needed to know how it's done so it won't pass on anyone else or something.
>>
>>79794029
>I still think that L getting toasted was retarded towards the end, like there was some real bullshit to pull kira out of the fire, and then a bunch of shit to keep the series going for longer than it should have.
That's my biggest gripe with the series and what basically lowered its quality for me.

I heard they intentionally stretched out the comic because they wanted it to end with 108 issues (SO SYMBOLIC) so they had literally nothing happening over and over for ten issues towards the end, just the guy going back and forth to the phone over and over.

Also

>The yakuza rocket
>>
>>79793963
Because Light killed everyone during very specific times of day during weekdays (after school) and all day long during weekends. Because of the times, L concluded that he was from Japan, because it's the most active and populous area in that timezone, the times also indicated that Kira was probably a teenager since he had more free time than a working adult would. This was further cememnted by the fact that all of the people Kira killed were reported in the Japanese media, and a disproportionate amount of criminals killed were Japanese ones that weren't reported anywhere else.
Then Light did his biggest fuckup >>79777219
He let the police know that he has access to police information, the worst thing he could have done. By doing that L figured out that Kira is a relative of a policeman, which he never would have guessed otherwise.

If Light had just used the Death Note's ability to set times of death to randomize when people would die, and had avoided setting a pattern of killing people reported in Japanese media, and then did nothing that would indicate anything about him, he never ever would have been caught.
>>
File: Adv432.png (308 KB, 300x443) Image search: [Google]
Adv432.png
308 KB, 300x443
>>79778605
The tall fellow in Green here is Jim Corrigan, The Spectre. He is the wrath of God. He enjoys long walks on the beach, finding people who commit awful sins and punishing them in horribly ironic ways, typically related to said sin.
>>
>>79794024
Even if he could narrow it, there is no way to be sure
>>
>>79794130
Probability is not always evidence.
>>
>>79794068
I stopped watching once Kira won because I was so disgusted with the plot at that point and how they pulled it out of thier ass.

What was symbolic about the 108? What is the "yakuza rocket"?

I only ssaw bits and pieces of the tripe after. Something about an L academy some guy with burns who like chocolate and is a tranny or something, and then the ending where a biker gang with no names corners L and L tries to use his wrist watch murder to kill one guy and gets shot the fuck up while ryukki writes his name into his book. I liked the ending scene but the shit after l was lame as hell.
>>
>>79794048
actually the book ONLY being able to kill humans would make for a compelling villanous weakness and occasional spanner in the works.

Like say Clark, flatfoot reporter, is hot on the tail of the Kira story. He decides to just use the book to have him destroy all his evidence so far then kill himself. Except it doesn't work, so either Clark is a fake name (possible, no birth certificate on record) or he isn't human (but not necessarily alien, could be a demon or snerson or something) so now Clark's a wildcard Light isn't sure how to deal with.
>>
>>79794004
But how would he now if the change was seamless? Bruce Wayne dies, but Bat Dick or whoever else lives on. From his perspective, Batman never died, just Bruce Wayne did.
>>
>>79794132
The Spectre wouldn't care. Kira is punishing criminals just like he does, the Spectre would see nothing wrong with it.

>>79794211
Which is why L decided to prove that Kira was in Kanto by setting up the Lind L. Tailor broadcast trap. He had a hunch but he tested it out before focusing all of his attention on Japan. He also had a huge suspicion that Light was Kira, but since he had no evidence he didn't have him arrested.
>>
>>79794242
If he killed Bats, the Spectre might be on his ass though. Plus he's just generally very inconsistent in terms of who he punishes.
>>
>>79794242
And auspícios is all he should ever have because there is no way to tell he is Kira. Hell, even if they find his book he can just say he is searching for Kira as well.
>>
>>79794222
>What was symbolic about the 108?
It's a significant Buddhist number. You'll find references to it in a bunch of Japanese stuff.

>What is the "yakuza rocket"?

At one point in the second half of the series, the yakuza get their hands on a Death Note, and for a reason I can't remember, they fire it off in a rocket that they have so it'd crashland far from their rivals.

It looked really stupid.
>>
>>79777036
I had an idea for a fanfic like this once.
>>
>>79794307
Right the number of prayer beads for meditation. I think you're supposed to recite a prayer for each bead as you pass over it while you meditate and stop and the master bead. Something like that? Really odd thing that.

If they really wanted to do that, they could've ended it on Light dying and the notebook being given to another to start the cycle again with L being called in again and the ending being left ambiguous. You could have nu kira be more dangerous because he wasn't as grandiose or arrogant as light was.

I>shooting a book out of a rocket
The fuck, I kinda remmember something like that and just being so blown away by the stupidity I tunred it off and forgo about it.

Holy shit why?
>>
>>79794337
it's also said that you will suffer 108 temptations on the path to enlightenment
>>
>>79777036
>except for the Joker for obvious reasons, and maybe Black Mask
Well if that's the case I guess Batman would figure out that Kira needs a name and a face even faster than L did
>>
>>79794337
>Right the number of prayer beads for meditation.
As well as 108 volumes in some Buddhist teachings, 108 statements made by the Buddha, 108 questions asked to the Buddha by some guy, 108 feelings, the bells at Buddhist temples being rung 108 times at New Year's.

It's just a big deal for them.

>If they really wanted to do that, they could've ended it on Light dying and the notebook being given to another to start the cycle again with L being called in again and the ending being left ambiguous. You could have nu kira be more dangerous because he wasn't as grandiose or arrogant as light was.

That would have stretched it out well beyond 108 issues.
>>
>>79790994
It's spelled out specifically in the manga that you need to see most of the face for the eyes to work.
Batman wears a mask.
>>
>>79794423
interesting
>that would've stretched it out
Was it only counting the original chapters till L died or the whole thing? Cause if so you could've trashe L light and chocolate tranny and that whole stupid second arc for this and lost no time setting something up for something new.
>>
>>79794242
>The Spectre wouldn't care. Kira is punishing criminals just like he does, the Spectre would see nothing wrong with it.
Except he doesn't limit himself to killers. He's killed people because he was worried that they might be investigating him. Killed a random woman because she mentioned being the girlfriend of an FBI agent he killed. Light is a goddamn Serial Killer and Spectre would treat him as such.
>>
>>79792368
The task force was so segregated because L was paranoid of Light infiltrating or getting information from outside sources. That's why he didn't let them discuss the case with anyone, even the Japanese police force. Just telling the task force would have been enough because after L died they likely would have went to someone with the information that Light was kira. Remember Light had already shown he had access to files from the japanese police force and he later got the names of the fbi agents sent to japan. The task force wanted to protect themselves as much as possible, and other entities were too afraid to stand up to kira.

Also Mello and Near didn't exist at that point because the author planned to end the story when Light won I'm pretty sure.
>>
>all these animeonly faggots
Read the comic, fags
Cause the anime adapted the post L arc quite poorly
>>
As soon as that fuck-up Misa enters the equation, Batman would follow the implausible forensic trail using implausible technology straight from Misa's friend to Misa to Light Yagami and not just go on a theory based on their connection like L was forced to since does not possess such implausible things.
>>
>>79777134
I doubt Batman would use a man as bait, even a criminal, knowing he'd probably die.
>>
>>79794402
I have this unfortunate feeling that if these two universes ever met, the writer would do something stupid like have someone with the shinigami eyes see the Joker, and while we'd get the numbers over his head, we'd see an incoherent and unreadable jumble of random names because "he's just that crazy".
>>
>>79797418
the western characters would always win anyway because they're all overpowered as fuck super geniuses with super human martial arts skills and super advanced technology and magic instead of just normal people with one thing going for them like eastern characters are most of the time
>>
>>79797578
>because they're all overpowered as fuck super geniuses with super human martial arts skills and super advanced technology and magic instead of just normal people with one thing going for them like eastern characters are most of the time
Oh the ironing. Any shonen hero would like to disagree with you. Also L was basically japaneese batman. He didn't sleep, he knew martial arts, he ran some orphanage for protoges. I mean fuck.
>>
>>79799397
L was Batman if you took everything away from Batman except his intelligence. And made him into a paranoid, socially reclusive, forever alone, weirdo with a huge ego who cares more about winning and losing than actual justice.
>>
>>79799831
Save that last one, that's still kind of Batman.
>>
>>79787165
beautiful.

Almost as good as the Light vs. Question post from way back when. I wonder if I still have that . . .
>>
File: Light.png (456 KB, 397x566) Image search: [Google]
Light.png
456 KB, 397x566
>>79777036
Never understood why Light looks so white in the anime. His mother, sister and sometimes his father looks Jap, but he doesn't. In the manga, it was more realistic with Light's design.
>>
>>79778997
>Darkseid can't be killed by the Death Note
better believe it
>>
>>79799831
>L was Batman if you took everything away from Batman except his intelligence. And made him into a paranoid, socially reclusive, forever alone, weirdo with a huge ego who cares more about winning and losing than actual justice.
So batman to a T? The first and last examples can be debatable depending on the writer.
>>
>>79784906
That could actually work. Edward Nygma is not actually the Riddler's real name, it's actually Edward Nashton.
Kira would write down Edward Nygma because that's what he saw on the internet and then assume that Riddler is dead.
>>
I don't know if this has been stated before, but one disadvantage Batman has is that he wouldn't resort to L initial gambit to zero in on Light. Batman wouldn't be willing to use others as bait, not even the worst criminal.
>>
Taking away all the bullshit plot armour and coincidences. Is Light smarter than L?

> I don't think he is.
>>
>>79804877
He'd still be able to deduce that Kira is probably a Japanese High School student based on the same evidence L had. He just wouldn't be sure he's from Kanto.

>>79804909
I don't think so either, Light made a bunch of mistakes, if he had been smart he'd have never been caught.
Here's an interesting article that explains everything Light did wrong, and how a Death Note user could easily remain anonymous and untrackable
>http://www.gwern.net/Death%20Note%20Anonymity
>>
>>79777081
When will this meme die

How the he'll is a multi billionaire maybe even trillionaire supposed to have time to fight supercritical all night long? And somehow still be a functioning member of society who has one of the most profitable companys in the US?
>>
Something that has to be taken into account is Light almost certainly doesn't know Gotham, Batman, or Bruce Wayne very well because he's a Japanese high school student. From the evidence he has, he's unlikely to figure out who Batman is in a timely fashion because all the information he would have access to would likely rule out Bruce Wayne as a suspect.

Bryuce Wayne is well known for being a businessman and playboy, making it unlikely that he has time to be Batman too. Also, he and Batman have been in the same place at the same time before.
>>
Does anyone has the greentext story of kira from S.A.O and the w.o.w guy from south park
>>
>>79805147
Being able to completely randomize the deaths without someone catching on to some sort on pattern would have been almost impossible. And it would have taken far more time and resources.

Also reading most of those points they seem very hind sight driven. So I wouldn't say it would be easy to remain anonymous if you're unnaturally killing massive amounts of criminals. Someone is going to catch on eventually. I feel most people would be stupid enough to be caught far before Light was especially if they wanted to take any risks.
Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.