[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was keeping her identity a secret from the audience for so long
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 19
Was keeping her identity a secret from the audience for so long a mistake?
>>
In the end nobody gave a shit anyway. When can we have Thor back?
>>
>>79771987
Honestly, it was the only thing that really kept people reading, I think. It was the only bit of mystery to FemThor that made her a little bit above being bland, boring and hamfisted.
>>
the mistake was it being the boring choice
they made thor cross jane of the list early just for it to be jane anyway
>>
>>79771987
wasn't as bad as red hulk

although theyre both equally as obvious
>>
>>79771987
There were only like 3 people it could have been
>>
>>79771987
Did we learn why Thor became unworthy?
>>
>>79771987
It hasn't amounted to shit since it's been revealed, so yeah, it was a mistake, but it doesn't really matter anyway.
>>
>>79772168
marvel has to make something up first and whatever they think of won't include why they didn't just call beta ray bill to lift it
>>
>>79772350
Bet it'll be something really stupid... And Yes BRB would be fucking awesome. But "muh female diversity"
>>
>>79772168
Nope and we won't find out for a while at this rate.
Fury might as well have said "let Jane lift it. It's a Make a Wish type thing"
>>
Yes. Frankly, her entire bullshit is a mistake.
>>
>>79771987
It's undoubtedly what kept sales so high, so no.
>>
How is she still dying of cancer when you have Strange, Stark, Pym, Odin in her company?
>>
>>79772497
She refused treatment.
>>
>>79771987
I know I was let-down. It felt like MARVEL kept the secret alive for literally as long as possible, and in the end nothing could have lived up to the big reveal they wanted. Just about every fucking person who's ever seen the Thor movies or read a Thor comic assumed it was Jane... I know I did. But when they finally showed their cards it left me with a bad taste in my mouth because I wanted so desperately for MARVEL to actually do something All-New and All-Different. I still don't know what Nick said to Thor in the first place, but I can guarantee that just like the Thor movies and this comic, it will be a disappointment.
>>
>>79771987
Thor will be back once Ragnarok comes out. She just a promotional gimmick.
>>
>>79772497
she refused asgardian magic when Thor offered.

Shame it's her. The issue where we find out she has cancer was pretty good.
>>
>>79772497
Cause "it's not fair"
Fine you're right let's get the asgardians to release whatever cure they've got or try to shake it out of wakanda
>>
>>79772497
Yo, that reminds me, didn't Captain Mar-Vell die of cancer? Wasn't there like fucking squat they could do about it? Can they even cure her cancer and if so, why did Mar-Vell bit the bullet?
Just questions, I honestly have no clue...
>>
Will we ever find out what Fury said that made Odinson not worthy?
>>
>>79771998
Whenever Ragnarok hits theaters.
>>
>>79772572
the bands prevented them from fixing his body.

they are all very capable of curing cancer.

read more comics.

be better.
>>
>>79772518
... Why?
>>
>>79772641
My guess is that it will be something like "Thor will kill Jane Foster"
And it will technically be true since being thor is killing her. Or something.
>>
>>79771987
No, the mistake was making her entire character "it's Thor, but with a vagina!" rather than "she takes up Thor's role but has her own characterization just as deep as his"
>>
>>79772730
that was the theory

"you kill her, something something"

worthiness has nothing to do with his belief in himself though, retarded
>>
>>79771987
I was at the storytime when they revealed her identity in last ANAD issue in front of falcon cap.
People laughed like crazy at that cancerous piece of shit.
And by cancer, we are not talking about the disease.
>>
>>79772708
She did the whole WHAT ABOUT THE STARVING CHILDREN IN AFRICA thing and wants cancer to ravage her body
>>
>>79772708
because she's a fucking idiot.
>>
>>79772797
That's worse than that Titania/Absorbing Man bullshit, holy shit.
>>
>>79772797
God, she's Gwyneth Paltrow levels of pretentious.
>>
>>79772127
Yeah, at least it didn't stretch it out to the very end, in the process making the reveal as impossible as it was retarded.
>>
>>79771987
Her true identity is a mistake.
>>
>>79771987

I originally thought someone was going to turn Odinson into a girl.
>>
>>79771987
>so long

Wasn't it like three months? Wasn't the only alternative the exceptionally retarded Angela?
>>
>>79772730
that wouldn't explain why odin and balder couldn't lift it but that's still what it will be lol
>>
>>79772959
>Thor becomes a strawman-y misogynist like they did to Odin
>His mother teaches him a lesson of humility by turning him into a woman like that one Johnny Bravo episode
>Thor learns an important lesson and is changed back

That's also what I thought would happen, and as much as it sounds godawful, it would still be less preachy than what we got.
>>
>>79772991
Fury said check your privilege
>>
>>79772964
It was I think 6 issues in when it was revealed. Possibly longer. Most people thought it would be Roz the shield agent because Jane was to obvious.
>>
>>79772350
THIS
Thor's fans would have been ok with Bill filling the role for a bit and would have been interesting seeing him interact with the ANAD Avengers, but Marvel wanted the tumblr audience and now we are all stuck with Whor
>>
>>79772797
To be fair, the fact that a world with superheroes and super- geniuses still has starving children in Africa and cancer is inexcusable.
>>
>>79772927
Lol this, any other member of Thor's supporting cast would have been better. Even fucking Loki
>>
>>79773239
It is.

But not due to any fault of the superheroes.

It only succeeds in highlighting inherent flaws in trying to sell status-quo comics in a supposedly consistent/shared universe.

Does that bitch not remember the reigning? That's what she's asking for.
>>
also
why didn't odin just make another weapon for Thor?
he made one for beta ray bill.
>>
>>79772168
Thor was stealing cable
>>
>>79773239
Black Panther won't share.
>>
>>79773295
Why indeed.
>>
>>79773295
that one actually makes sense. a) they're hard to make and b) if thor is unworthy than he wouldn't be able to lift the new one
>>
>>79773295
he didn't have to anyways, Thor had the shitty celestial-killing axe.
>>
>>79773239
to also be fair, the last time the geniuses tried to something like that Hydra tried to turn it into a weapon of mass destruction.
>>
>>79773365
odin doesn't have to put a worthy enchantment on it. he could just make a new hammer and be all 'here.. fuck shit up with this'
>>
>>79772572
Mar - Vell is an alien, so the standard cancer cures didn't work
>>
>>79773316
Has anyone ever acknowledged the bullshit that happened in Hudlin's run?
>>
>>79773365
Bill gets a hammer, Thundersrike gets a Mjolnir-like mace, Deadpool was once given a hammer just to SPITE Thor. Even Loki has produced Mjolnir-like hammers to give to Storm. Fuck, both HYDRA and Stark/Richards have made technological facsimiles of the Mjolnir that work just like the real deal.
>>
>>79772420
I would buy 10 copies if that actually happens.
>>
Wasnt Thor worthy again, before SW wasn't he unable to lift his bootleg hammer because he wasn't unworthy anymore
>>
>>79773412
>>79773437
yeah youre right
>>
>>79772168
He didn't check his privilege and now a strong independent woman gets Mjolnir.
>>
>>79772641
Honestly its been so long, when it is revealed will anyone care about it? Or just hate it because we all know it was just an ass pull and they didn't have anything planned.
>>
>>79773461
Yes, Odinson is worthy again. However, we don't know where Odinson is.

Most likely, the next time Odinson shows up, he'll be using Ultimate Mjolnir, since Doom slapped a worthiness enchantment on it. That way Jane can keep the regular hammer while Thor gets to keep the axe-wielding look.

Also the Deadpool 2099 issue showed a flashback (from 2099, so a flashforward from now) that had Thor Odinson wielding a hammer that looked a lot like Ultimate Mjolnir.
>>
>>79773568
Wait, actually, I'm not sure if he is worthy again since this scene would have never happened in the post-SW universe since Doom killed all the Beyonders.

I still figure he'll use Ultimate Mjolnir once he does get his worthiness back but that scene presumably never happened to 616-8's Thor Odinson.
>>
Is this a fucking joke by Marvel? Are they just fucking with us at this point?

Captain America is a dindu who made it out of Harlem.
Captain Britain is a female muslim teen fighting for diversity.
Now Thor is a cancer ridden, walking corpse who refuses treatment because somebody somewhere is having a bad life.

What's next? Is Iron-man going to be replaced by a sex negative trans woman with AIDS, who refuses any type of treatment because LGBT rights?

What a fucking joke.
>>
>>79773621
>Captain Britain is a female muslim teen fighting for diversity.
It's amazing seeing someone complain about Captain Britain despite having never read a single issue of Captain Britain in their life.
>>
>>79773558
I think people would likely care more if marvel didn't reboot their universe a couple times before the reveal
>>
>>79773639
If I'm off the mark, please educate me. We shitlords are born with intolerance built right into our pearly white, man skin.
>>
You know, of all the female options possible for a FemThor, why did they pick Jane? She hasn't been part of Thor's story for a very long time now. Sif, Enchantress, Thor Girl, would have all been better options for a female Thor.
>>
>>79773651
What would be worse, never getting an answer or what ever bull shit answer we will get?
>>
>>79773621
go back to /pol/
>>
>>79773736
Movie synergy. Look for Jane to eventually over come the cancer and look like Natalie Portman or for Jane to be written out of the movies and die in comics.
>>
>>79773742
I want an answer just to laugh at how bad it will be and how many plotholes it won't fill

but it is awkward you know? they do a relaunch, change a bunch of things, but expect the reader to notice and still care about the things that didn't change. it makes the whole thing... arbitrary?
>>
>>79773673
The comic you're referring to is a one-shot Age of Ultron tie-in from an alt-universe that's been wiped out. And even if that weren't the case, the entire premise of Captain Britain is that they serve under the Captain Britain Corps, an omniversal organization of Captain Britains, so your complaint that one of the Captain Britains happens to be a muslim woman is completely asine considering there's thousands of Captain Britains of all different races and genders. That's like complaining that they "replaced Green Lantern!" just because they made another Green Lantern.

This is all stuff you would know if you had read even a single issue of any Captain Britain comic in the past 30 years. But of course you don't actually care about these characters, you just like to bitch about m-muh persecution and OUTRAGE!

Seriously, why do you insist on shitposting on /co/ when you clearly don't give a fuck about comics in the first place?
>>
>>79773239
Ironman tried helping out in Africa, but it didn't go so well.
>>
>>79773750
its not even a /pol/ thing at this point, I'm not that guy your quoting. marvel has gotten ridiculous. Every major character besides Ironman and Vision now fucking legacy characters.
>>
>>79773750
>truth hurts
>"go back to /pol/"

Your SJW cancer is destroying Marvel. The selection of a cancer ridden Jane to be lady Thor couldn't be more precise. All these reboots to retcon diversity quotas into Marvel is best represented as a cancer.
>>
>>79773673
A 30 something female Muslim doctor became Captain Britain in the Age of Ultron timeline. Brian Braddock is the Captain Britain of the MU. And fuck you, Faiza Hussain is cool. If anything you should be pissed at Hickman ignoring them for a giant chunk of his multiversal threat plot leading up to Secret Wars, then belatedly giving them a few panels where they're completely incompetent before all dying in service of a crossover event that shit the bed.
>>
>>79773836
>Captain Britain is a female muslim teen fighting for diversity
It helps when your "truth" is actually true and not just a /pol/ meme. Literally the only people who EVER bring this up are retarded /pol/lacks because someone was posting out of context panels from the comic on /pol/ after it came out. No actual /co/mrade is stupid enough to both think this and not see why its a retarded complain to have in the first place.
>>
>>79773871
>being mad at things that actually happen in comics as opposed to just bitching about clickbait headlines, tumblr posts, and out of context panels
Fuck off. Only losers and faggots read comics. Every second you waste reading comics is a second you could be spending fighting the SJW menace and actually making the world a better place.
>>
>>79773780
That's what happens when you reboot but not really. We just had an 8 month time skip where major events happened off panel. Marvel tried to have their cake and eat it to. So we just get left with an unsatisfying mess where an event that was supposed to change everything didn't really change much.
>>
>>79772420
Fury whispers to Thor "Jane Foster is pregnant with your child. You fathered a bastard."

This is also why she's able to lift Mjolnir at all; she won't be able to once she gives birth to the bastard demigod.

It's also why she has breast cancer: apparently asgardian fetus hormones fuck up a mortal woman.
>>
>>79773917
and you just know theyre going to do it again
>>
>>79773809
Iron Man is horrendously self-centered and short-sighted. He's the worst kind of "big picture" guy.

>>79773910
Are you asking me out?
>>
File: 1454346157431.png (77 KB, 285x266) Image search: [Google]
1454346157431.png
77 KB, 285x266
>>79773621
>Captain Britain is a female muslim teen fighting for diversity
>Iron-man
Stop pretending you give a single fuck about comics because you clearly don't.
>>
>>79773801
Also Faiza isn't a teenager, she's a fucking doctor for Allah's sake and doesn't "fight for diversity."
>>
>>79773957

Watch this be real.
>>
>>79773957
Nah, the baby will turn out to be a metastasized tumor mimicking pregnancy who will take up the hammer.
>>
>>79772168
He told him the power of Thor would kill Jane Foster. Which would make him not want to lift it. And using the hammer really is killing her, so...
>>
>>79773295
In The Avengers: EMH they actually state that they used the last of the available material to create Beta Ray Bill's weapon. Fucking funny because that was years ago for a cartoon series that got cancelled and replaced with a super shittier version yes I am still mad.
>>
>>79773957
>>79774030
It'd be impossible since there was an 8 month timeskip between her becoming Thor and now.
>>
>>79773673
>>79773801
>>79773871
>being BTFO this thoroughly
jesus christ
>>
No, having her be FemThor rather than a Norse-esque hammer wielding female superheroine was the problem.

She literally can't stand on her own and just comes off as a lame R63 version of Thor.

Give her flying, call her Valkrye, and boom you got something good.

Same shit with the new ghostbusters. Make a spiritual successor or reboot it with a passing of the reigns. Don't just steal everything- that just states that women can't be their own characters.
>>
>>79774127
What is an Asgardian lifespan? Thousands of years? And what is the duration of an Asgrdian pregnancy? Probably somewhat longer than a human pregnancy? So it's not unreasonable for Jane to have been impregnated by Thor more than a year ago and still be in the "I don't look pregnant" first trimester.
>>
>>79772661
Thank god for synergy.
>>
>>79774218
Well, there's also the matter of them not having had sex in... a few decades?
>>
>>79774218
With the golden apples, they're functionally immortal.
>>
>>79774127
They could just pull something out of their ass about Asgardian gestation periods being longer. I mean it's cape comics, the writers aren't exactly above just making shit up on the spot and running with it.
>>
>>79773960
Its pretty much their every event. We just got marvels version of flash point/CoIE. But its a soft reboot not a hard one. Till their next event.
>>
File: 1450479388127.png (123 KB, 450x555) Image search: [Google]
1450479388127.png
123 KB, 450x555
>>79774273
>actually reading comics as opposed to just getting OUTRAGED! over out of context panels makes you an SJW
Seriously, what is it about comics that make people feel like they're entitled to having an opinion on them despite having zero interest in them? Are there any other hobbies that have this problem? Does /v/ regularly have threads get derailed by people who have never played a video game in their life? Is /sp/ filled with people that have never watched a sporting event in their life?

No? Then why is it that /co/ is filled with people who have never read a comic in their life that spend all day getting fucking ass ravaged over things that happened in comics that they never read.
>>
>>79774349
its sort of the marvel habit, going back decades every time they get something hot they run it into the ground as fast as possible.

never thought they'd spam issue 1's like this tho.
>>
File: 383569353536.jpg (395 KB, 1113x1000) Image search: [Google]
383569353536.jpg
395 KB, 1113x1000
So can we all agree that Whor was a completely worthless exercise in stupidity?
>>
>>79771987

The entire plot was a mistake.
>>
File: 1455048371683.png (1 MB, 898x1102) Image search: [Google]
1455048371683.png
1 MB, 898x1102
>>79774273
Your hugbox is thataway:
>>>/pol/
>>
>>79774270
She's been single for a while now, and didn't they start a medical practice together prior to Original Sin? You're going to tell me there's NO WAY they fucked during that period of time?
>>
>>79774559
>She's been single for a while now
She was in a relationship throughout Thor: God of Thunder and didn't break up with her boyfriend until the last issue.

I mean, it's totally possible that they fucked in the short period of time between Thor finding out she's single again and Original Sin, but even Aaron wouldn't pull that out of his ass without at least hinting that they fucked.
>>
>>79774391

Because pushing narratives to promote their political agendas is way more important to them than reading comics. It's just OK when they do it because it's their political agenda, as opposed to the one they hate.
>>
File: 1447000701038.jpg (553 KB, 1072x1754) Image search: [Google]
1447000701038.jpg
553 KB, 1072x1754
>>79774216
>call her Valkrye
Valkyrie is already an existing character
>>
>>79773514
I would walk around starting random slow claps in every single group situation for the rest of my life if they had the balls to make it one big joke and literally have Fury say "You need to check your privilege, Odinson".
>>
>>79774691
Then have Whore take her place letss see how the SJW shills like it when one of theirs get taken from them to push an agenda lol.
>>
>>79774730
>implying marvel would consider this a joke
>>
In terms of story-telling, obviously yes. Being able to characterize your main character is kind of a big deal.

In terms of sales, obviously not. It is depressing how well this garbage has sold and continues to sell.
>>
File: thorbreasts.jpg (19 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
thorbreasts.jpg
19 KB, 400x300
>>79771987

It was dumb and insane as fuck. "Jane" not being a god in disguise, at least godhood-tier like Odinson (who they threw away before SW like a worn out knackers yard donkey bitch btw thanks very much Marvel), meant she is a total total total fucking fake Thor. Of course, the PC crowd absorbed it like so much chewing gum of the mind, like it didn't matter. Pfffffh. Fake.
>>
>>79772113
and then spent several issues dropping clues that it was someone else only to go "NOPE LOL was jane all along you're so dumb for not seeing this."
>>
>>79772991
odin hasn't been "worthy" for years.
no explination on why balder couldn't though.
>>
>>79773082
That and every hint they dropped pointed at Roz for them to only go "Nope it was this person we eliminated as a suspect in issue 2."
>>
>>79774461

>Who knew dying could be this much fun?

Who thought this line was a good idea?
>>
>>79775257
The explanation is probably that Balder is dead and never tried picking it up in the first place.
>>
>>79772168
He's a white male.
>>
File: 14.jpg (775 KB, 1332x2022) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
775 KB, 1332x2022
>>79775311
Jason Aaron it was good idea because he's an amazing writer.
>>
I think it made it more impactful. To show all the potential strong women characters that could have lifted the hammer we had the one that was strongest in spirit.
>>
File: tip.gif (1 MB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
tip.gif
1 MB, 300x168
>>79775443

Holy fuck.
>>
>>79774391
Oh I'm sorry, was there a non SJW crusade reason for a female Thor that's actually the mother theresa of cancer patients?

Is there a reason for an escape from harlem captain america instead of the Steve Rogers we all know and love?

Is there a reason other than pushing some diversity bullshit? Is there a reason why classic heroes are being ret conned instead of new heroes being written to fill these diversity quotas?

Comics have gone to shit; and SJWs are at the helm.
>>
>>79775443
>theism is the equivalent of never learning not to shit your pants

Comics are hipster trash now; great time to be alive.
>>
>>79775552
What's your favorite comic run? Who are your favorite writers and artists? What's on your pull list? What's the name of your LCS? If someone asked you for your top 5 must-read comics, what would they be?
>>
>>79772168

The thing that pisses me off about that the most is the idea that Thor has to be aware of what makes him unworthy in order to lose Mjolnir. In theory, Thor could commit mass genocide, have a telepath wipe his memory, and still wield Mjolnir.

He should have lost his worthiness as soon as the act was committed.
>>
File: 1454015204955.png (121 KB, 800x538) Image search: [Google]
1454015204955.png
121 KB, 800x538
>>79775552
>Comics have gone to shit; and SJWs are at the helm
Why do you care? It's not like you read comics in the first place. You wouldn't even be on this board if it weren't for the SJWs being "at the helm."
>>
File: The White Devil.jpg (682 KB, 1513x1082) Image search: [Google]
The White Devil.jpg
682 KB, 1513x1082
>>79775552

Sam Wilson has been Captain America's partner since before you were born. He's even donned the costume and title of Captain America in the past, albeit briefly.

There's a lot of shit you can say about Falcon becoming Captain America, such as the fact that the writing is fucking garbage-tier or that he's less of a character and more of a political mouthpiece, or that he just hasn't been doing a very good job of carrying on the Captain America legacy, or not-so-subtle shit like pic related, but the IDEA of Sam taking up the mantle is not ridiculous in the slightest. It's just that the execution of it has been miserably awful.
>>
>>79775616
>you must be a die hard fan to enjoy something
>you must be a die hard fan to see when something is turning into shit

Do you SJWs ever address the point, or do you always go straight for arguments from authority?

Who am I kidding? Of course the authoritarian left is going to try to bully away any opposition to their ideals.
>>
>>79775675
Jesus, you can't even name a single comic you like. Again, if you don't give a fuck about comics, why are you here? If you've never read a comic in your life, why are you here? If you're not interested in talking about comics unless it involves bitching about SJWs then why are you ehre?

These aren't questions only a "die hard fan" can answer. These are questions that anyone that's been reading comics for more than a few months should be able to answer off the top of their head.
>>
File: Bait 4.png (122 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
Bait 4.png
122 KB, 625x626
>>
Why do you guys even read capeshit? It's such a clusterfuck and it doesn't even consider you it's audience.
>>
File: 1429819354755.jpg (220 KB, 665x1164) Image search: [Google]
1429819354755.jpg
220 KB, 665x1164
>>79775675
>can't name a single comic run
>can't name a single comic writer
>can't name a single comic artist
>doesn't know what a pull list is
>doesn't know where to buy comics
wew lad. Maybe the /tv/ threads would be more your speed.
>>
Never read Fear Itself, but what ever happened to The Serpent's hammers?
>>
>>79773801
If you're gonna complain about weird Captain Britains, there's always the dinousaur and the one where it's CAPTAIN COLONIES and it's fucking Steve Rogers...
>>
>>79775670
Why do I care that the few aspects I've always loved about the Marvel universe, even as a passerby enthusiast, are being torn apart to appeal to a new audience on an ideological level? Why wouldn't I care?

Do I make it a point to read new issues as soon as they come out? No. Am I that guy who only reads the highly acclaimed story archs? Yes. Does that make my opinions less valid? Maybe to you it does, but don't tell me that I don't care. There's a lot of bullshit that I don't care about, and I wouldn't bother complaining about it because I truly don't care.

I care about my childhood heroes. That's exactly what these heroes were to me; they were my childhood heroes and they're being stripped down to appease a crowd of PC zombies; and fuck what any type of fan has to say about it.

The dogshit writing, and the looser than my stool plot devices used to implement these retcons are just a garnish on the shit sandwich.

The kicker is that if all these retcons were part of a multiverse story instead of retcons, I'd be right on board. I've always appreciated alternate storylines for big main characters. But what's being done to these comics isn't just alternate stories for the sake of telling the story. It's an outright purge of the old to bring in something new and hip. It's a fucking travesty.
>>
I'll say this: I really like her costume.
>>
>>79775835

>Am I that guy who only reads the highly acclaimed story archs? Yes.

Which ones?
>>
>>79775935
>post a screencap of your Arthas HM clear for your opinion to matter

You're that guy; and that guy is obnoxious.
>>
>>79775552

It seems to me you hate the audience for what they want rather than Marvel for catering to their needs.
>>
>>79774391
>Does /v/ regularly have threads get derailed by people who have never played a video game in their life?
Yes.
>>
>>79775900
thor and thor offshoots generally have an awesome costume
>>
>>79775973

It's an honest question. Why can't you humor me?
>>
File: 1412904166797.gif (4 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1412904166797.gif
4 MB, 320x240
>>79775675
>anon asks you what your favorite comic is
>STOP BULLYING ME
Holy fucking kek. That is one of the most pathetic things I've ever heard.
>>
>>79772797
"Well I tried using all of Asgard's resources to make Midgard better while I was Lord of Asgard. Your governments declared war, and destroyed Asgard."
There's a guy storytiming "The Reigning" by the way.
>>
>>79775900
same, senpai
>>
>>79775994
I don't hate Marvel, at the end of the day they're a business. I'm extremely disappointed with them and the direction they've chosen; needless to say, It's turned me off of any of their newest comics. The Marvel cinema has been strong; although Age of Ultron was a very sloppy story; but that has more to do with Joss Wheden's obsession with snarky characters than anything else.

But yes, at this point it's hard not to hate SJWs. A few years ago, they were a decent audience to mock and deride for their delicate sensibilities, and their overall incapability to cope with the real world. And the irony of a group of people who constantly berate other groups for not being empathetic enough, while ignoring the feelings of those who they're chastising, carried a delicious kind of richness.

Now their insanity is trying to creep into every hobby or interest that could possibly be held by anyone. While most groups are fed up with these fuckers, and have told them to fuck off, comics was ground zero. I just want to see it recover. I just want the hamfisted diversity to end. I just want the dogshit progressive writing to stop.
>>
>>79773239
starving children yes, but you can't just stop cancer because super heroes exist.
>>
>>79776149

You know you can just have fun with them. They aren't a bad group to hang around with just watch what you say and do. It's not that hard.
>>
>>79775835
>Am I that guy who only reads the highly acclaimed story archs? Yes.
Such as? This isn't a hard question. This isn't a trick question. You claim to care about comics yet can't name a single comic.

You're on a board for discussing comics, so let's discuss some comics. Because I sure as fuck would rather talk about comics than SJWs, wouldn't you?
>>
>>79776090
Nice projection there.

I'm not saying anything because it's irrelevant to the discussion. My comic knowledge cred doesn't play into any point I'm trying to make. I'm not going to fall into the blatant ad hominem trap being set up in front of me.
>>
>>79776212
>they're fun to hang out with!
>just don't express yourself

lol
>>
>>79775443
This is a world in which deities are actual, provable, observable beings. I'm not even talking about gray area "gods" like the Asgardians but cosmic entities that literally create worlds, generate life from nothing, and decide the fundamental workings of the universe.
>>
What women would've been a better choice for Thor? Valkyrie was getting pushed in Avengers, banged Flash did some lesbo stuff and was forgotten. Sif would've been good. Honestly even Jane would've been fine if she wasn't so horribly written and now she's been tained forever.
>>
>>79776212
>you just have to proofread everything you say before you say it instead of being comfortable and speaking freely

That sounds awful. I don't mind being tactful when it's appropriate. I wouldn't go around talking about being in a great health while visiting someone with a terminal illness. The problem with SJWs is that they're only PC for the sake of proving they're PC. It's like street cred to them, and it's obnoxious and exhausting.
>>
>>79776257
The anon asked you:
>What's your favorite comic run?
You responded with
>Of course the authoritarian left is going to try to bully away any opposition

You are literally equating someone asking you an innocent question to "bullying away any opposition."
>>
>>79771987

The whole thing was a mistake.
>>
>>79776304
writers like Aaron and Bendis don't care about continuity, they have gone on record saying they ignore continuity to suit their stories.
>>
>>79776310

>What women would've been a better choice for Thor?

For starters, they could have called whoever it was anything other than Thor's birth name.

>>79776304

Wouldn't using nanites to force one's brain to be incapable of believing in anything greater than oneself be an absolutely terrible idea that would probably lead to suicidal narcissism / confidence? There are a lot of things in the universe greater than humans that aren't gods.
>>
>>79776332
Fuck right off. That's an ad hominem trap. It's just digging for info on my personal interests so that they can be turned around to attack me instead of my argument.

If I thought they really cared, I'd have that discussion; but the damage to this community has been done, and I'm not going to jump head first into that bullshit.
>>
File: costume_thor_earthX.jpg (191 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
costume_thor_earthX.jpg
191 KB, 1200x900
>>79776310
turn 616 Thor into a woman.
>>
>>79773295
he'll get the ultimate thor hammer now anyway
>>
>>79773910
>Only losers and faggots read comics.
The state of /co/.
>>
>>79776288
>>79776312

It's not like you are marrying them or anything. Tolerate them and enjoy the comics. That's what I do.
>>
>>79776257
>name a comic
>blatant ad hominem trap being set up in front of me.
I think /pol/ might legitimately be rotting your brain. If you have zero interest in talking about comics and only want to talk about bullshit political drama, then take it to tumblr or /pol/.

You want to know what I hate about SJWs? They pretend to care about comics as an excuse to push their political agendas, and then when you try and have an honest, innocent discussion about the hobby you love with them, they get all offended because how DARE you try and talk about comics with someone that claims to care about comics. That is EXACTLY what you're doing here.

I'm not trying to judge your tastes. I promise not to call you a pleb or whatever so as to avoid hurting your delicate little feelings. I just want to talk about comics with you. Is that so wrong?

I'm serious. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, I really am. But this is a comic board, and if you outright refuse to talk about comics on it, then I just don't understand why you're here.
>>
>>79771987
So who was she? I never picked up the related comics since it smelled like it was going to collapse unto itself.
>>
>>79776437
well /co/ is filled with losers and faggots but they don't read comics
>>
>>79776582
a bald and cancer ridden Jane Foster.
>>
What made Jane worthy of it anyway?
>>
>>79776582

Jane Foster, who has cancer and refuses to get treatment for it from any of her superhero pals by using the same excuse Barbara Gordon did when she was paralyzed ("if you can't cure/fix EVERYONE, then I don't want your damn science!") and is slowly dying because every time she transforms into "Thor" her cancer treatments are undone.
>>
>>79776622
>>79776660
Eh? How did she even get to the hammer?
She looked pretty damn weak the last I saw her. And what would her motivation for doing so even be? She was also all about acceptance and all of that in regards to her condition the last I saw her.

>and is slowly dying because every time she transforms into "Thor" her cancer treatments are undone.
Oh come on that's even worse.
>>
>>79776637
being a woman
>>
>>79776637

Because she's so brave for dealing with cancer.
>>
>>79776702
that part doesn't bug me, cancer treatement is litterly "Lets pump this poison into you so it kills the cancer."
the poison getting purged from her system when she transforms is the least shitty thing about fem thor
>>
>>79776637
the power of tumblr
>>
File: 1435708607332.jpg (482 KB, 1920x2951) Image search: [Google]
1435708607332.jpg
482 KB, 1920x2951
>>79776401
>it's just digging for info on my personal interests
And that's a bad thing because...? Look man, if you don't read comics, it's cool. Maybe give me an idea of what kind of genres or topics you like and I could give you some recommendations on some you should check out. Then when you're done reading them, you could make a thread about it here and we could talk about the comic together.

Doesn't that sound nice? Wouldn't reading a comic and talking about it with your peers be more entertaining and a better use of your time than all this ranting and raving about nebulous shit you're only tangentially aware of?

You and me, anon. Together we can make /co/ great again. But to do that, we need to stop spending all day every day doing everything in our power to avoid talking about comics (and I mean actual comics, not "political agendas" or clickbait articles or out of context panels you saw posted on some other board once) and actually get back to what really matters. Coming together as a community to share our love for the medium of sequential art.

I'm not trying to trick you. I'm being as absolutely earnest as I can within the constraints of an anonymous imageboard.

I love comics books and I just want to share that with people that feel the same way, not people that pretend to care just so they can push an agenda. Once upon a time, that's what /co/ was about and I genuinely believe that some day we can get back to that.

/co/ was love, once. It can be love again, but I need your help. A community isn't built on one person and it's not built on outsiders.

Be the change that you want to see in the world.
>>
>>79776637
They wanted those THOR IS A WOMAN NOW!!! clickbait articles.
>>
>>79776702
>How did she even get to the hammer?
She was Midgard's ambassador on the council of realms at the time, and Asgardia was right by the hammer, which was on the blue area of the moon.
>>
>>79776740
No the treatments being undone makes sense. But killing herself at an increased rate by transforming over and over is silly.
Just stop the treatments if you're going to be like that. If you want to die go for assisted suicide at the hospital.

And what ever made her think she would even do a god job wielding Thor's power?
Surely someone more capable would have been able to do even more good. Or was she so certain that she was worthy that she travelled all the way to Mjolnir by herself. Lifting up the hammer, with the certainty that no one else more suitable would also be worthy?

Like what the fuck was she even thinking?
>>
File: Capa038.jpg (5 KB, 251x349) Image search: [Google]
Capa038.jpg
5 KB, 251x349
Vvhy ist zhis zo hard for jou all to uunderstand!?

VVomen who hast zhe breazt canzer only ever hast it by choice! Zat ist vvhy vve muust HATE zhem all! Und lash out at all who show zhem zympathy!
Und zhis ist not becauze vve h-h-HATE vvomen, nine, it ist becauze vvomen have no place in our ztoriez about big ztrong und perfect maan gods vvith zheir long beautiful hair... und big ztrong maanly musclez... ooh, how I h-h-Hate vvomen!
Zhe notion zhat Maarvel comicz can do vvith zheir charakters vvhatever zhey please ist offenzive to zhe principalz of Nazional Socializm! Did jou zhink zhey had zhe -RIGHT- to vvrite vvhatever zhey vvanted in comicz??? NINE! NINE! NINE! Vve vvill decide vvhat ist to be vvritten!
Zhe alien horze-headed maan zhould have replaced Thorr again. Vve did not complain vvhen zhat happened zhe lazt time, did vve?
...Nine... I don't remember any complaining back zhen... I don't...

Und Kaptain Amerika...
VVE DON'T BUY KAPTAIN AMERIKA COMICZ TO READ ABOUT ZOCIAL JUZTICE WARRIORZ !!!

Vvhy ist zhis zo hard for jou all to uunderstand???
>>
>>79774024
Allah's sake? Fuck off paki
>>
>>79776660
Did they ever give some kind of reason why Jane would be able to lift the hammer? Why would she keep using it and kill herself if she could just pass it on to any one that has lifted it?
>>
>>79777016

>Why would she keep using it and kill herself if she could just pass it on to any one that has lifted it?

See: >>79774461
>>
>>79777050
Steve Rogers can lift it, is a veteran hero and currently has no power to fight with, so....

*hand gestures*
>>
>>79772708
Magic always has a cost, it's a new thing with Marvel but both Dr Strange and the Scarlet Witch go on about it in their own comic so I guess it's the in thing atm.
>>
>>79775671
Or how about the fact that a guy who uses wings to fly probably shouldn't strap a heavy-ass metal disk on one of his arms, especially not a big metal disk with established aerodynamic properties.
>>
>>79771998
/thread
>>
>>79777525

Yeah, that too. The Captain Falcon costume is pretty garbage, honestly. Then again, I've never really been a huge fan of the open-topped mask.
>>
>>79776398
>suicidal narcissism/confidence

Sounds like they programmed him to be an Iam Fleming character.

Not a bad role model for a super-spy assassin.
>>
>>79776398
>Wouldn't using nanites to force one's brain to be incapable of believing in anything greater than oneself be an absolutely terrible idea that would probably lead to suicidal narcissism / confidence? There are a lot of things in the universe greater than humans that aren't gods.
I was more responding to the one that was all "we have proven the maths for no Gods." in a universe where there ARE Gods and this is coming from a Kree who fucking KNOW there are Gods.
>>
>>79776304
how do they have anything to do with the stuff that american retards spout?

not believing in god is not the same as not believing in abstract cencepts
>>
>>79776842
Right: Chemo/Radiation therapy is fucking BRUTAL. It's the chems/rads that make you feel sick, that make your hair fall out, not the cancer itself... so why does she keep going back for the treatment? It makes no goddamn sense.
>>
>>79773994
>something stupid added into comic to appeal to dumblr
>"hurr you don't read comics that isn't the right context!"

Every time.
>>
>>79777790
>in a universe where there ARE Gods
Noh-Varr isn't from 616. He's an alt-universe Kree that got stranded on 616 when his shift-ship was blasted midflight by Dr. Midas.

We have no way of knowing if there are gods in the universe he's from.
>>
>>79777225
It was always an issue with magic, Dr. DOOM once got dragged down to hell because he got snippy with the demons that had granted him magic powers.
And then there's the selling of souls to do magic, Doc Strange, Nightcrawler, (MAYBE Spiderman-?-), Juggernaut, Colossus' little sister whatshername, Baron Mordo, Ghost Rider's alter ego whatshisface... they all end up in a hot place after death.
>>
>>79777918
it literally made sense when it happened. you literally don't know what you are talking about. are younsure you aren't from tumblr because you sound like one of them.
>>
>>79777933
that happened because doom asked for more than he already had and then got BTFO by reed.
>>
>>79777859
What, you think the Kree teach their toddlers the equation that proves that the Earthling God named Jesus Christ doesn't exist?

No, he says their equation proves the nonexistence of ANY DEITIES, but that's fucking wrong, and they would KNOW its wrong.

I'm an atheist, though generally I don't give enough shits about the subject to really call myself that, but there was just no good reason for the writer to include this shit other than to jack off about how euphoric he is.
>>
>>79777924
Oh, an alternate universe, well then let me roll back everything I said about shitty writing.
>>
>>79777916
I don't think Jason Aaron understands cancer.
>>
>>79772796
But anon, they revealed her identity months ago.
>>
>>79778070
Even so, having to walk that tightrope when using magic is too risky for the average sane person. Wasn't AXIS all about how magic goes way wrong if any little mistake gets made?
>>
>>79771987

Yeah it totally was. and I've liked all of Aaron's Thor after not digging God Butcher and shit.

yeah i know my taste is crazy/horrible. Ribic kicks ass
>>
>>79778618
SPOILER: /pol/ doesn't actually read the comics it comes to /co/ to complain about.
Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.