[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Flop or Not?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8
File: deadpool1-gallery-image.jpg (536 KB, 2000x1076) Image search: [Google]
deadpool1-gallery-image.jpg
536 KB, 2000x1076
Flop or Not?
>>
It'll be fun as hell either way.
>>
>>79760263
If you say flop you must be blind.
>>
>>79760263
The budget isn't known but some guy from forbes had it at 40-55 million, and so far tracking has it making more than that in the first weekend. As long as it breaks 100 mil, which it should, then it's all good.

No, it will not be a flop.
>>
>>79760263
ITS SHIT AND ALREADY FLOPPED

HOLY FUCK MARVELFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH DONT LET THEM OUT OF YOUR SIGHT FOR THEIR OWN GOOD
>>
>>79760611
Wiki puts the budget at 50 million and tracking says it should make around 55-60 million opening weekend. I think it will be fine.
>>
>>79760263
I think it'll average out. R rated super hero films make money but not serious bank. We'll see.
>>
Guaranteed flop.
>>
>>79760690
>ITS SHIT AND ALREADY FLOPPED
Dude, but it's BvS thread.
>>
>>79760263
It's going to be a massive hit, massive. /co/ is not ready for how big this movie is going to be
>>
>>79761389
i fucking hope so...maybe threads about korra and we hate everything that tumblr likes..stops for a while
>>
>Starring Ryan Reynolds
Flop
>>
>>79761518
Don't get your hopes up, cartoonfags will always be cancer
>>
File: tumblr_o2aou7gKWD1rg2j3ko1_1280.jpg (123 KB, 1024x551) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2aou7gKWD1rg2j3ko1_1280.jpg
123 KB, 1024x551
I've been seeing this picture everywhere, and it's pissing me off more and more each time
>>
>>79760263
Flop
>>
>>79762267
Why? It's totally accurate. Have you even read Posehn and Duggan's run of Deadpool? He was literally in a pool of death.

He is not fucking for children. End of story.
>>
>>79762267
>Filename
>Tumblr

Well there's your answer.
>>
>>79762373
Except from what we've seen from the trailers the movie Deadpool is nothing like those, and even farther from Rob Liefeld first appearance nor the Kellypool stories which is where the script got most of it's side characters/plot points. It's not even similar to Waypool, which had the crass humor but no where near the R-rated language that is in the movie.
>>
>>79762373
Wait, Posehn?

As in Brian Posehn?
>>
>>79762980
Yeah, Brian Posehn wrote a couple volumes of Deadpool.
>>
File: JJJ Feels Good Man.jpg (10 KB, 300x233) Image search: [Google]
JJJ Feels Good Man.jpg
10 KB, 300x233
>>79760263
>massive and clever ad campaign
>great trailers
>popular character
>great reviews
>>
Daily reminder that popularity is independent of quality. Have we learned nothing from the Transformers movies?
>>
>>79763017
Brian Edmund Posehn, the comedian?
>>
>>79763144
Yeah, Brian "I can't dig holes at night" Posehn.
>>
File: 008131.png (68 KB, 421x248) Image search: [Google]
008131.png
68 KB, 421x248
theyre going to find a way to bully us again in the movie /co/

its not fair
>>
With how much marketing that's been behind it?

I think not
>>
File: 1439955748314.jpg (154 KB, 600x341) Image search: [Google]
1439955748314.jpg
154 KB, 600x341
>>79760690
Come on now.
>>
>>79763049
Not to mention all that 4th wall breaking.
>>
>>79763214
Night diggin'
>>
Not only will it be a hit, I bet you it's actually going to be a pretty good and entertaining movie.
>>
>>79760263
fun movie
>>
>>79762267

It's formatted awfully and the text itself is retarded, but I have no problems with people trying to dissuade parents from bringing their annoying brats to the theater.
>>
>>79762267

Apparently we get to see Ryan's cock and balls in this, so they might have a point.
>>
>>79763841
I'm okay with that part. I don't like the "historically R-rated" and the "be mad at other people for putting him in kids things".
>>
I'll be just fine at least because of Deadpool's butt in spandex.
>>
>>79761837
>Ryan
I hate R.R, but when he's in DP costume I assure you he's really good in his role. Sort of meh when not dressed in red, classic sad puppy eyes trying to get intimidating but lost impression.
>>
>>79763858
Nope. Good luck seeing anything in the mess when he's naked. Even Angel left boob tit is protected by a Colossus arm of chastity plan.
>>
>>79760263
I mean, it got a packed house yesterday when I saw it at 3pm on a Wednesday, so I'm doubting it's gonna flop.
>>
>>79760263
Well, I enjoyed it.
>>
>>79766191
you do get to see Morenna Baccarin's tits a few times though
>>
>>79762267
>Hustorically R-rated character
Eeeeh I don't think Wade started chopping and dismembering people until towards the end of Cable and Deadpool and then Daniel Way went crazy with it.

Before that ultra violent stuff was mostly implied and the language and nudity, like in almost every comic from Marvel, was censored.

That said I am cool with the movie being R-rated and it seems like my main concern with that has also been put to rest.
>>
>>79766247
She looks better with short hair.
>>
>>79766247
Yeah sure. And pretty nice sequence if you ask me.
The Happy Woman's Day dildo scene got me so bad.
>>
>>79760263
Went to watch it with some friends. Other marvel movies were ok. Even the capt america one, but this one will flop here. The action is ok, but the "jokes" parts are totaly not funny, there is also ton of stuff that probably only americans understand.
>>
>>79766293
Didn't even recognized her character at first.
I agree she was better like this than with long hair.
>>
>>79766313
you vomit your culture across the whole planet. you don't have any 'in-jokes' non americans won't get
>>
>>79766313
They translated it great in our french version.
Some joke were even funnier, I saw both versions.
Heck even the dubbed version was good when it's usually aweful.
I really hope for other countries to get such a good transposition.
>>
>>79762617
There was an article which I can't find anymore but I think it was from cbr that showed comic scans of some of the most violent moments from each Deadpool run, and the article came to the conclusion that Deadpool didn’t really do anything on panel that would make it R-rated in a movie until Cable and Deadpool but it wasn't until Daniel Way started writing the comic that Deadpool became ultra violent and crass.

It's also during Daniel Way's run that the character started becoming popular, especially since people started posting panels all over 9gag and other message boards.

So the "Deadpool has always been R-rated comic" fags probably never touched a DP comic before Daniel Way's run, because Deadpool wasn't really that R rated violent comic before that.
>>
>>79766336
I don't know we don't make jokes in public. Plus there is little funny going on in the world. Well maybe is something happens to Israel or America, but I think everyone founds that funny. So yeah, the things we find funny everyone finds as funny.
>>
>>79766347
but there is nothing funny in inhaling smoke from weapons. Specialy through a mask. Or when everyone insults each other. I understand that there are no Families in america, besides the mob, but how can people be going around talking like that. Here there would be a fued automaticly.
>>
>>79766349
>Deadpool only became popular when Way got him

You're shitting me right?
>>
>>79760263
It's too safe of a movie to flop.
>>
>>79766378
People have better things to do than start long term shitfights over some bantz.
>>
>>79766355
>I don't know we don't make jokes in public.
I'm talking about all the media you distribute nationally
>>
>>79766378
>I understand that there are no Families in america, besides the mob, but how can people be going around talking like that
Maybe you just take shit too serious, anon.

It's just words. Words die the second they're spoken if you let them.
>>
File: Deadpool-no-mask.jpg (69 KB, 600x596) Image search: [Google]
Deadpool-no-mask.jpg
69 KB, 600x596
I was expecting this fun little scene. I'm a bit disappointed now. (or did I miss it twice ?)
>>
Just saw it, had a few cringey lines but did what it set out to do, also cable is in deadpool 2
>>
My mom is going to love this movie.
>>
>>79766313
Australian here, the jokes came through great, they were all in jokes about super heros
>>
>>79766550
This guy gets the idea.

Honestly, most of the cringy lines for me came before the first flashback started. From that point on, it was mostly pretty strong.
>Love is blind
>>
>>79763858
>nudity and cursing is bad for children

lol ok
>>
>>79766459
no jokes in media.
>>79766475
Well I did use a capital F in Families. My family is way over 400people for example. That is why public mocking is huge problem. It can start long lasting fueds. There is one near where I live between two families, because one dude made fun of another dude durning a marrige back in the 30s.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.