[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if it sucks?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6
File: Bats and Supes.jpg (33 KB, 599x504) Image search: [Google]
Bats and Supes.jpg
33 KB, 599x504
What if it sucks?
>>
It will win money and you will see it anyway.
>>
Then we all have a good laugh at its expense.

I'm pretty much already counting on it.
>>
>>79753449
then it will be a sequel to MoS in the truest sense of the word
>>
Still A better love story then twilite XD
>>
It probably will. But nonetheless, if will at least get 70 on RT and earn at least a billion. Nothing changes. Maybe they will fire Zack. Dunno.
>>
Wouldn't it be better if it was just "Batman v Superman" instead of the "Dawn of Justice?"

The hype is too real and our expectations have already broken the roof.

And another thing, who thinks Suicide Squad will be a better film? I'm hoping both experiences will be amazing, but damn does Suicide Squad look more entertaining.
>>
It will. It's Zach Snyder for fuck's sake. Do you really expect him to make a good film?

Regardless, it will make a LOT of money and DCEU shills will cling to that forever.
>>
>>79753521
Yeah there's no doubt that the movie will make dump loads of money, but I'm praying for a good movie to come out of it as well.
>>
>>79753449

It'll still make mad bank and have people who praise it just because it's big and fancy and has Batman and Superman together.

I think the bigger question is what if it AND Suicide Squad are critically panned.
>>
File: 1.jpg (187 KB, 1280x1100) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
187 KB, 1280x1100
Is this the marvel shill containment thread?
>>
>>79753562

At first I was the opposite opinion, I didn't like the look of Suicide Squad at all.

But then the trailer dropped earlier this year and holy fuck that thing got me hyped like nothing else. I think I watched it half a dozen times that night.
>>
>>79753620
#TeamCIA
>>
>>79753603
Hoping Suicide Squad doesn't get panned, that's currently the better of the two movies on my radar so far. I'm gonna see them both regardless, but damn I wished they'd drop the "Dawn of Justice" from "Batman v Superman." I think this alongside the second trailer ruined most expectations for the film.
>>
>>79753620
>DCfags want Marvel films to look bad
>they take screencaps of Marvel films and photoshop in DC characters, thus making them look bad

I just don't get it.
>>
>>79753644
Fuck, both trailers were kick ass. Here's hoping Suicide Squad is a hit. I believe it to be a box office smash.
>>
>>79753620

It wasn't a company wars until your stupid ass wandered in.

I'm a massive DC fag, but asking "what do you think DC/WB will do if the product they're betting the farm on winds up getting panned?" is fair. This plus Suicide Squad are both supposed to firmly establish the foundation of their cinematic universe, that will lead into a whole host of other films. If that foundation doesn't take, do they continue on with their plan? Or will they step back and try to retool their projects in progress?
>>
>>79753718

I've heard a lot of excitement around it too.

I mean, goddamn I hate this sort of cult of personality around the characters of The Joker and Harley Quinn, but it was a smart move on DC's part because no one but us would give a shit about a team entirely made of washed-up C and D-list villains.
>>
>>79753765
>no one but us would give a shit about a team entirely made of washed-up C and D-list villains
Just how nobody gave a shit about a movie about a bunch of Z-lister heroes in space?
>>
>>79753449
Life will go on.
>>
>>79753449
Not much will change. /co/ is already down on it.

For DC, maybe they ditch Snyder for JL and just focus on team movies + Batman solo movies.
>>
>>79753843

Marvel also had years of consistently good and positively-reviewed movies to build their cinematic universe and their brand, so people went to go see it not based on the characters themselves, but because it came from the MCU.

DC doesn't have that yet for its movies.
>>
File: You serious.jpg (37 KB, 453x500) Image search: [Google]
You serious.jpg
37 KB, 453x500
>>79753886
My grandfather lived 36 years to give birth to his daughter to give birth to me 20 years later to wait another 19 years later to see this fucking film. No life doesn't go on... I've waited to see this film since I was in my dad's ball sack while he was reading Kingdom Come.
>>
>>79753449
It'll make a ton regardless.
We will be disappointed.
But also not surprised.
>>
>>79754160
The worst part is that DC had ample opportunity to build their cinematic universe yet they did fucking nothing. Blame Christopher Nolan and "mah realistic Batman" shit. DC wanted to have their universe centered around the Dark Knight verse but Nolan said fuck off.

Green Lantern was an unintentional stepping stone for the DCCU but failed miserably. Man of Steel was like it or hate it, and now we wait for Batman v Superman to see if DC can truly 'catch' up with Marvel.
>>
>>79753449
It will suck, so will suicide squad but my money is suicide squad will be slightly better a shit movie but better than the shit that BVS will be.
>>
>>79753449
It's a post- 2004 cape movie. Of course it's going to be pandering mindless trash that focuses on trying to establish a "cinematic urine-verse" so they can steal your money by having incompetent fools make messes of already meh characters.

Why haven't people moved on from DC and Marvel?

Why does no one like comics that don't have spandex in it.
>>
>>79753449
>If

It's going to

Superman is a shit character because he's so goddamn perfect and Batman is shit because MUH MORALS
>>
>>79754332
This and lots of shitposting.
>>
This movie has to do so much that it's not going to please anyone.

It has to start a universe, be good on its own right, be as good as a Marvel film, win over people who hated Man of Steel, win over normies and nerds. That's a tall order.
>>
>>79753449
Memes. It's going to be christmas for /tv/
>>
>>79753562

I have more faith in David Ayer as a film maker than I do in Zack Snyder.

With that in mind I think Suicide Squad could be fantastic, but I'm really, really worried about Harley Quinn in the film. She has consistently been what I've disliked the most about each trailer and I'm worried they're going to go all out with her because she's a "Fan Favorite".

I'm not saying Harley Quinn is going to destroy the movie, and I'm hoping I see a good Harley Quinn as opposed to this current "Strong Woman; Don't Need No Man" Harley Quinn.

Like, what the fuck is wrong with fans? If they want a strong female Antihero, who has sexual tension with one of the leads in the Batverse, don't they realise one has existed since the 40s?

She's kind of an obscure character I admit...

>Catwoman
>>
>>79754943

You know you are allowed to like both Superhero comics and non-superhero comic?

I mean at least I have since I was like 12...
>>
>>79753449

If it still makes money? They find another director for Justice League.

If it flops, they pull the plug. And I mean actually flops , not making back it's production flop
>>
>>79757652
>Harley Quinn as opposed to this current "Strong Woman; Don't Need No Man" Harley Quinn.

I don't blame you for not reading current Harley but don't pretend you know anything about it.
>>
>>79758137

I mean how fans view her and how some writers have written her due to fan hype.

I'm not necessarily talking about the current writer of Harley Quinn, which I'll freely admit I'm not reading.
>>
File: b4f.jpg (24 KB, 600x451) Image search: [Google]
b4f.jpg
24 KB, 600x451
>>79753449
Alright I'm going to attempt to give a serious answer to the OP's question. What if Batman v Superman sucks? Let's assume that by "sucks" it means that BvS comes out, it gets less than a 60% on Rotten Tomatoes, and after it's first week it's starts dropping in the Box Office pretty hard, and in the end makes less than 1 Billion WW.

If I were a betting man in Vegas, I would say that in this scenario, Warner Bros would have serious concerns about Zack Snyder helming Justice League, and from that I think it'd be pretty likely they'd replace Snyder, but keep him on board as an advisor/producer, so it doesn't look like they told him to fuck off. Because it's asinine to think they the man be given a third chance. He was given Superman and a huge budget, and he fucked it up. Then he was given Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Doomsday, and an even bigger budget, and let's say in this case he fucks that up to. If he can't handle that, with a more competent screenwriter this time, then how the fuck could he handle The Justice League?

No to mention that saying "Justice League is set for release on this date! And Zack Snyder will be directing!" isn't going to generate hype with a lot of people. The guy's name will be like a fucking tumor attached to the title. Of course there will be people who'll be excited anyway, but a good percentage won't have a lot of hope for the movie. Therefore if WB wants to achieve maximum hype, they'd boot Snyder and replace him with a bigger and more respectable name. Such as George Miller.

But I digress, BvS still hasn't come out yet so we don't know what's going to happen. If it sucks though, then I'll be betting that Zack is gonna be voted off the island.
>>
>>79758517
>and in the end makes less than 1 Billion WW.

I think making 1bil isn't a failure. Less than 800 would be a failure.
>>
>>79758626
Considering the last two Batman films made at least 1 Billion, and that this film also has Superman, and the first movie version of Wonder Woman, I think anything less than 1 Billion isn't what WB is expecting.
>>
File: happy frasier.jpg (17 KB, 382x273) Image search: [Google]
happy frasier.jpg
17 KB, 382x273
>>79753449
>what if
It very likely will.

See Man of Steel, Watchmen, Sucker Punch and 300. The trailers look pretty bad too. The only passable thing he's ever made is the Dawn remake, which doesn't even feel like a Snyder movie.

I honestly don't understand why WB has so much faith in Snyder. If anything he should be making something like Suicide Squad, not Superman.
>>
My predictions
>overall reception: mixed, mostly positive
>critics review: 65 to 67 percent
>audience review: 74 to 79 percent
>box office domestic: 600 million
>box office worldwide: 800 million
>word of mouth: characters such as Bats & WW will be praised while Superman will be criticized for the same reasons in MOS (development), the story will feel incomplete & rushed but the visuals and action will be applauded.
>>
>>79753449
Then will have to wait 20 years for it to be rebooted again i'll be 70 by then
>>
>>79753620
you seem to be looking for the DC shill containment board
see, you usually make and spam those yourself
>>
>>79753449
Then we'll make the "man of murder" memes look cute in comparison. The shitposting will be biblical. I'm actually more excited for it than for the movie
>>
>>79753449
Nonstop shitposting, trolls trolling trolls, and a bunch of autists braying about how great it is.

So basically if it sucks we'll get the exact same thing as if it's great.
>>
>>79759035
I think it has chance at beating AoU's domestic box-office but worldwide is different, do people care that much about Batman and Superman?
>>
>>79759528

Can't talk for third worlders but I grew up in the UK before moving to NZ. From my experience I'd say the most popular hero is Batman in anglo countries. Spider-Man moves a shit load of merch though
>>
>>79759035

>It will only make 200 million worldwide

It will be double that
>>
Then WB is pretty much fucked.
>>
Oh look, this thread again
>>
>>79759122
>20 years
HAHAHAH did you mean 3 years?
>>
I dont udnerstand what people wanted when I read comics like "Now we know the batman superman fight has no consequences!"

Did you want to see superman with slingcast and bats in a wheelchair?
>>
>>79753449
They will probably dump Snyder and throw money at Affleck to take over
>>
>>79759768

It was called "Dawn of Justice" It was in the title. Anybody with half a brain could tell neither would be seriously hurt and that they would team up. The fight can still have consequences though
>>
>>79759768
I'm more interested in the psychological consequences for Batman and Superman. This movie seems to be dealing intimately with the vulnerabilities of both characters. For one, we have the introduction of Kryptonite and seeing how that affects Superman's psyche has always been fundamental to the character. Just as well, from what we've seen both Batman and Lex Luthor will contribute to a change in Superman's entire hero mentality. Rather it's Batman attacking his lack of oversight or Luthor attacking the godlike persona that's been built up, Superman's own set of morals is constantly being tested because it seems to him that the more good he does then the more animosity he faces. I trust that Superman will be forced into taking a hard look about his role in the world.

Mirroring that, it will be interesting to see how interacting with Superman causes Batman to emerge in the public eye as a superhero instead of a vigilante that stalks the shadows. One thing that I've picked up on about this new Batman from all the articles and interviews is that he experiences a underlying feeling of inadequacy - to protect his allies, family, city, etc.. While he is challenging this invincible man of steel, he is also internally challenging that feeling. He is struggling to know rather he has left a lasting impact during his crusade, so if taking down Superman can be his climactic act on the planet then so be it. Although this takes a lot of inspiration from TDKR, this Batman isn't anywhere as stable and mature as that iteration.

In terms of repercussions, I'm more invested in learning how their ideas about themselves are changed rather than seeing Superman in an sling cast or Batman in a wheelchair after they fight. To that point, I believe the formation of the Justice League will be less about Batman and Superman shaking hands and playing boy scouts but rather as a external materialization of both characters' internal growth and self-acceptance.
>>
>>79759942
>I'm more interested in the psychological consequences for Batman and Superman

Same here. Bruce was in Metropolis during the black zero event and for the first time since he was 8 years old he was completely powerless. Imagine what that would do to Batman emotionally
>>
>>79754160

I'm pretty sure that most of the non-comics fans who went to see Guardians (and non-comics fans were the bulk of its audience) didn't know or care that it was a MCU movie. I'm pretty sure they went because it looked like a fun sci-fi/action film. Then it was bolstered by word of mouth, because it was really entertaining.
>>
File: Gina+Carano.png (259 KB, 336x480) Image search: [Google]
Gina+Carano.png
259 KB, 336x480
The WW we deserve
>>
>>79753449
You'll chalk it up with the other terrible DC movies and go watch something marvel.
Or go watch the superior animated movies.
>>
>>79753449
>Batman says "I thought she was with you"
Bullshit, he knows every single person in the god damn world mythical or not, someone high profile like WW would not have slipped under his radar.
>>
>>79760529
I can't wait for them to do something stupid, like transform lex into egg fu.
>>
>>79760442
nop..but good try. im still with kate beckinsale.
>>
Why did they decide to make a retarded bat-voice? Will the Robins also have to do it to disguise their identities? So if they go with Under the Red Hood Dick and Jason will sound like they're starring in a shitty music video instead of seriously trying to beat one another? Will other masked heroes do it? Will it all be 2 hour long music videos with even more shaky camera work?
>>
>>79753449

Life keeps moving on.
>>
>>79753449
>What if it sucks?

if it dies it dies.
>>
>>79753449
>What if it sucks?
Too big to fail like star wars anon
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.