[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Write thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 13
File: write.png (514 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
write.png
514 KB, 630x630
And now for the questions
>Can you describe your comic/cartoon in a few sentences (title included)?
>On a percentage scale, how much of your story have you written until now?
>What comic/cartoon/movie/novel looks the most like your story?
>What kind of edition/tv channel would accept to publish your story, what kind of audience would enjoy it?
>What are the main flaws in your story how could you fix them?
>Do you plan living of your work someday or only doing it as a hobby?
>Can you post an excerpt of your choice?

And for exercice:
>Imagine a plot set in your own town, whose main character is the exact opposite of you
>>
>>79741639
M'kay.

Archangel- Young witch attends magic academy. Witch Hunter infiltrates and students begin disappearing. Ancient prophecy occurs and what not.
Pretty much none of it.
Harry Potter/Little Witch Acad. but much darker
>What kind of edition/tv channel would accept to publish your story, what kind of audience would enjoy it?
No clue
I can't draw for shit and I'm afraid it's going to be seen as a Harry potter rip off They might be right
Hobby
"Who do you think you are?"
>"Camil-"
>"NO! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?! You think you're special? You think that you have the ability to do what hundreds, thousands before you could not? Laughable, simply laughable. I have walked among giants. Men who have defied the Gods themselves and have torn the heavens asunder. What are you to them?"
>>
File: CAMPBELLS_MONOMYTH_RSOAP__006.jpg (191 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
CAMPBELLS_MONOMYTH_RSOAP__006.jpg
191 KB, 1024x768
Bump
>>
>>79741639
I'm gonna write a fanfic where Supergirl gets raped and killed. It's what that annoying bitch deserves.
>>
>>79742437
Make me the MC please
>>
>>79742705
You want to be raped and killed?
>>
>>79741639
Hero Complex - an unappreciated teenager gets superpowers, and even with his newfound courage and powers, he still finds himself unnoticed by his peers.
Not much.
>What comic/cartoon/movie/novel looks most like your story?
Probably Zenith and Zot!
Don't know, just whoever is interested.
>What are the main flaws in your story and how could you fix them?
There's no villain yet. But I do have a plan for one.
Just a hobby.
"Well, just fucking look at that, even on the news they don't acknowledge me that much."

>Imagine a plot set in your town, whose main character is the exact opposite of you
Well, it wouldn't be good for my shitty little seaside town.
>>
>>79742437
But she's not annoying nor a bitch
>>
>>79741639
I'm writing the design documents for a super hero management game.
Also its going to be /d/.
>>
>>79743832
She's both of those things.
>Oh look at me, I'm jailbait with Superman's powers, tee hee! AND I'LL RIP YOUR DICK OFF BECAUSE I'M ALWAYS PISSED OFF FOR NO FUCKING REASON.
I hate her so much.
>>
>>79741639
>>Can you describe your comic/cartoon in a few sentences (title included)?
miss nicole`s weird trip
girl beats stuff with help of friends, but she is completely bad at it

>>On a percentage scale, how much of your story have you written until now?
literally 0%
for some stupid reason im focusing on writing down the characters and maybe some events first

>>What comic/cartoon/movie/novel looks the most like your story?
phantom blood-avatar crossover, kindaish since only the "element bending" is taken and mixed with mystical energy thingy

>>What kind of edition/tv channel would accept to publish your story, what kind of audience would enjoy it?
maybe and hopefully /co/ /u/ and tumblr would love it

>>What are the main flaws in your story how could you fix them?
focused way too hard on like 4 of 8 characters, i guess i can give them the spotlight at some point

>>Do you plan living of your work someday or only doing it as a hobby?
i wish, but its just a hobby that i dont put enough attention

>>Can you post an excerpt of your choice?
"a boy falls in love with a girl"
>>
I'm still working on the same Frozen fanfic. Feeling good about it though
>>
File: Post_epilepsie.jpg (2 MB, 2220x3100) Image search: [Google]
Post_epilepsie.jpg
2 MB, 2220x3100
>>79741639
The way back home (On rentre!)-cartoon-Two average children, a brother and a sister, are abducted by aliens to be brought in a Zoo light-years away from Earth. Later they manage to escape and must spend the whole series trying to come back home. They are helped in their task by a giant bounty-hunter alien and a Chinese astronaut who also got abducted.
I'd say 10 or 20%, but a cartoon is way more than just writing so I must actually be far from the end.
The closest thing to the atmosphere I want for this cartoon is "Spirited away". Even though it deals neither with sience-fiction, space or adventure.
That's the tricky point. Main channels would probably judge my cartoon too risky (slavery, hunger, etc...) and indie channels would find it too commercial/mainstream. But I'd like my show to become wildly known and almost part of popular culture, like the "Simpsons" or "Tintin" today.
It would be a family-oriented cartoon, for children from 6 to 14 years old. I think most children want to watch show like this, they just don't have the chance. "The mysterious cities of gold" or "Future boy Conan" were a huge successes in my childhood. Adults can enjoy the show if they want but it will not be aimed towards them.

(cont.)
>>
File: cap2.jpg (107 KB, 1059x555) Image search: [Google]
cap2.jpg
107 KB, 1059x555
>>79747019
(cont.)
Too many plot holes and unfinished lines. Lots of [develop later] waiting to be filled.
I am also stucked for finding new episodes ideas after writing 20. I know what the last one will look like though.
The ideal would be to work officially on this cartoon and doing another job at sides to make money, so that the series could be realtively free of executive pressure.
Pic reIated, I hesitate between two plot choices for episodes 7 and 8.

Plot a) makes more sense but is way too predictable and therefore less interesting
Plot b) Is more interesting but the rebellion comes off as a "deus ex-machina" wich makes it less believable. Plus you keep wondering why main characters can overcome stuff that other slaves better than them couldn't before.

What would be your choice?
>>
>>79746945
does it contain some best ship?
>>
>>79741639

Does anyone often get feedback? What do they say about your work?
>>
>>79747238
I forgot the link
>http://pastebin.com/p3vp7Hcv
Don't hesitate giving me tips or critique
>>
Welp, I guess I'll post another one

Delenda - Taking place during the fall of the Roman Empire the story follows a young legionnaire named Marcus and his younger sister Julia as they are forced to flee their home in Gaul during the barbarian invasion. They attempt to make their way to what they think the safest place in the world would be, Rome itself. On their way they face harsh environments, corrupt governors and barbarian hordes.
A lot of ideas written down, no actual dialogue or anything yet
I dunno
Dark Horse would be neat
I don't know yet as it's so far only a concept
hobby
No dialogue yet
>>
File: ea.jpg (276 KB, 1458x1934) Image search: [Google]
ea.jpg
276 KB, 1458x1934
>>79747360
You should read this
>>
>>79747450
ooh, looks neat
>>
>>79747317
nothing, this threads are just "post your stuff leave"
but sometimes if you ask a question one or two anons might reply
>>
File: tumblr_nbwmv6usjc1tm4xnco1_1280.png (230 KB, 598x442) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nbwmv6usjc1tm4xnco1_1280.png
230 KB, 598x442
>>79747239
Naturally, anon.
>>
>>79748034
lets pretend i never asked
your ship is fine and you are ok, but just not my ship, sorry
>>
File: Habakkuk.jpg (71 KB, 604x411) Image search: [Google]
Habakkuk.jpg
71 KB, 604x411
>>79748034
>Not posting the real best Frozen ship
>>
Do quests count or is that cheating?
>>
>>79748499
go on
>>
>>79744036
Did super girl steal your boyfriend?
>>
File: biggest ships.png (180 KB, 671x289) Image search: [Google]
biggest ships.png
180 KB, 671x289
>>79748074
>>79748100
Let's be honest bitches the real definitive Frozen ships ranking is as pic related and if you disagree you're objectively wrong

But yeah no worries, I know ships are a strange, delicate beast. It's such an emotional gut reaction thing that if you don't ship something, or worse ship a different ship with one of the members, reading about it can be a bit, uh, distasteful. I at least know I have zero interest in reading fics with a certain Frozen ship due to just fundamentally seeing it as a crackship and thus not being able to believe in the premise no matter how well it's written.
But on the other hand, a lot of people seem to only read fanfic for the ships, so "neutral" fics with not much shipping don't tend to gain as much attention. It's tricky.

Though I've had people tell me they liked my fic even if they don't ship the pair - or weren't actually even in the fandom, which I took as exceptional praise. I know the ship can appear as implausible to some, so it means a lot to me to have been able to write it in a manner that'd seem believable to a non-shipper.

But not to get too tangled up in talking about shipping - have other people gotten memorable feedback? No matter the type of prose, fanfic or script or whatever. What were the circumstances?
>>
>>79741639
The Cybernetic Age. A katana carrying(but not wielding) weirdo runs errends in a near future USA where corporations have balkanized the country.
I'm still outlining it. I have a few scenes written down but as of now I'd say 5%.
Snow Crash I would say.
Hell if I know.
Since finding an artist is too much of a commitment for something that is a hobby I've been doing it as prose. My prose is bad however. I should improve on that. Aside from that there are no real stakes to the story other than people overreacting and holding grudges too seriously.
Hobby.
>Her hands snaked around the blades handle and she pulled. When nothing happened she pulled on it again and again and started to kick at the sheath in an attempt to get it off. Finally grumbling in frustration she threw it across the room.
>"It's DNA locked." James said.
>"To you?"
>"No."
>Sughua blinked. James' experience with women had been limited to his mother but something in the back of his mind told him that Sug was angry with him.
>"Then why-" She said
>"I found it."
>She took a deep breathe. "Obviously. But if you can't use it, why do you have it."
>James thought about it. "Because I found it."
>>
>>79748935
>>79748935
Would you not better serve focusing on other people.
>>
>>79741639
kids are send to the anomaly world where they have to fight warped individuals many of which poses supernatural powers the citizens or the anomaly world are also attacking human land and calming it as there own
depends i like to think of each mission they go on as a episode and i don't know how many episodes i will have likely maybe 4 to 6 so far i have made two "episodes" and the word count is at ten thousand and i have made one and a half episodes
gantz no more heroes
if it would be a tv show it would defiantly be a action show for adults or late teens the only place i should it ending up is either on the internet or adult swim /tonmai
i always get the feeling that i have great ideas but waste them and that i need to pay more attention to characters and world building

sure but i think i might have to post it in another post
>>
>>79751094
Meanwhile a in a truck a there was a man with a graying bread and hair in a blue jeans and a bullet proof vest his name was Damien pistol. He put a cheap cigare in his mouth and shoot a flame out of his hand index finger to light it.
“Damn it whimsel we failed that mission and that goon got away. It looks like we won’t be eaten tonight” said Damien to his daughter whimsel
“Im sorroy dad I should of tried harder it’s my fault he got away” said whimsel dameins daughter
She was about 16 had short white hair and wings which where a uncommon trait even for a anomaly.
“No whimsel you where amazeing even though you still have room to improve your craft.” Said Damien
“If I was so good then how come I failed.” Said whimsel
“Well you see whimsel sometimes suprises pop up in life factors and the equation of life that no matter how hard you try you won’t be able to influence for example all the tricks that creepy gas mask kid. pulled out they are a lot of dangerous folks in the anomaly world with great powers. Your one of them whimsel, but you haven’t mastered them yet.” Said Damien
“Dad look theres a signal comeing from my comm device this guy is offering us a shit ton of glow to take out a werid dude dressed as a cowboy and this nerd with a bunch of drones who are attacking this bubble.”
>>
>>79751191

Said whimsel
“Let me take a look at that thing.” said Damien as whimsel handed over her comm device
“Holy shit if we can sell all that glow we can get enough food for at least 3 mounths and not the crummy rations we usualy buy, the good stuff or better yet we could save this up to get out of the dirty slums we live in.” Said Damien with excitement
So Damien set his gps to the location mentioned in the comm device and drove there full speed he drived straight through the bubble and ran into dallas who happened to be near it.
Slark pointed his finger at the truck and the drones started fireing. Whimsel and Damien got out of the truck and whimsel jumped into the air and flew with her wings towards slark’s drones at a speed fast enough not to get hit by drones atomatic aim function which wasn’t very acruate.Whimsel then grabed one of the drones and spined it around thus desotring slarks other two drones she then trusted her plam and emited a eltrical pluse cuaseing the drone to expload.this made slark red with anger
“That’s my girl” said Damien
“aruuuuuuuuuuuugh” screamed slark
“Im sorrroy I broke your toys you should of made them better. There cheper than the stuff you get from happy meals” said whimsel as she stuck her tounge out to mock slark
“Well then eat these mc nuggets.” screamed slark as he pushed his gloved hand out and ball of engry fromed and fired this was a feature that slark added just in case his drones went down.
The ball of engry knocked whimsel out of the sky and damein came the catch her fall.
“It hurts a lot but im ok you can let atem.” said whimsel
“No stay in the car whimsel.” Said Damien
>>
>>79743770
Is this supposed to be a comedy.
>>
>>79751348
Yes
>>
>>79751212
Is English your first language?
>>
>>79752274
yes
>>
>>79752448
It needs looking at.
>>
>>79750100
I was on my phone and I needed to bump the thread, also I was really bored. But yes you are correct. The best kind of correct which is my favorite kind.

>>79751191
>>79751212
Well now I say Get Window's Word and take the time to read what you wrote out loud.

>>79751094
>>79751448
If that's comedy then make sure it's comedy is dark as fuck. While we're on this was no more heroes funny?
I do remember it being entertaining as fuck but I can't remember if it made me laugh.

>>79750008
>(but not wielding)
Done. I like it. Give me fiffty volumes.
No wait, what drives this werido in life?
>>
>>79753360
it has some humors moments in this episode but it's mostly serious it's like no more heroes in the sense that the characters are over the top in how they fiight
>>
>>79753549
Yeah but I never found those over the top fights to be funny just "holy fucking shit this is awesome"
>>
>>79753360
>No wait, what drives this werido in life?
The grind.
>>
>>79753360
Yeah, there will be dark moments that I have planned, he eventually gets sick of being a hero and does a brief stint as a villain and finally ends up being recognized for unintentionally doing good.
>>
>>79754584
Just two words?
>>
>>79750008
So he just carries it around?
>>
>>79756950
He likes working. It's why he gets up in the morning. Purpose duty. All that stuff.
>>79759484
Pretty much. It's actually a bit of Chelvoks gun.
>>
Oh shit better bump

Also where's my OP clone?
>>
>>79741639
A young man is called upon to war. Being too young for the frontline, he is sent out into the world to recruit more soldiers for the coming war. Finds out some shady shit is going on in the South and adventure ensues.
100% - which all authors know 100% is not actually completed, there is always room to improve and edit
Tolkien's works would most resemble the story, but there are many other fantasy works that can relate to it
If it were to be made, I'd want a real life version done by HBO. If it had to be animated, adult swim/Toonami would get my bid. Young adults would most enjoy this work
The main flaw would be the pacing. A way to fix this would be to lengthen it but too long and the reader would get exhausted.
>Do you plan living *off* of your work someday or only doing it as a hobby?
A hobby for sure
The man who previously wore this armor stared down a lot of opponents in it... much braver and crazier than I

I also have a lot of art, but this being a hobby the art does not leave the realm of bad 8-bit MS paint doodles
>>
File: Sketch26541325.png (378 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
Sketch26541325.png
378 KB, 1280x800
>>79741639
Soul.
About like 25% of first series.
I dont know havent seen one like it.
Pfft anything really.
The character in question has similar looks to a dota hero and i dont want to be called uncreative.
God i hope so.
>Can you post an excerpt of your choice? The file pic is the progression from beginning to now, it goes center right then left.
>>
File: doodles.jpg (2 MB, 2481x3508) Image search: [Google]
doodles.jpg
2 MB, 2481x3508
>>79753360
Last time I asked you for help and you were too busy to notice. Can you help me sort out which plot choice is better for my episodes?>>79747238
Thanks if you do so.
>>
Why is everyone a little bitch about incest? Incest is hot
>>
What are some Faustian deals you've come up with?
>>
>>79766342
Not that guy, but I'd say go with plot A. Plot B seems a bit dark.
Also, is this supposed to be for children? Because these are some pretty heavy themes for a children's adventure show.
>>
File: Every_writefag_thread_ever.png (37 KB, 673x626) Image search: [Google]
Every_writefag_thread_ever.png
37 KB, 673x626
>>79741639
>What kind of poorly disguised fanfic are you working on?
>What's the main fetish in your work, do you fap to it regularly?
>How is going your work schedule? Just kidding everyone knows you're a NEET
>Do you intend becoming a whore for your readers, will you provide them porn?
>Do you know how to use a tripcode in order to become noticed?
>Are you waiting for posts congratulating you in order to continue writing? Have you got any answers yet? How much longer are you willing to wait?
>Will you continue to spend your days watching anime while pretending to be a writer, or will you move your ass and START WRITING once for all?
>>
>>79770103
i want this to be the op for the next thread

thanks m8
>>
>>79766342
Option a) sounds the best to me, but why would you care what I think? Hell I don't even know what to say when I read your stuff because it looks solid

>>79770103
I want your name
>>
So what kind of music does anyone listen to for inspiration?
>>
>>79772947
I came up with my novels main villain while listening to Monster by Rhianna and came up with a neat rooftop chase to the song Chandelier by Sia. For me it's very situational
>>
>>79770103
>>Will you continue to spend your days watching anime while pretending to be a writer, or will you move your ass and START WRITING once for all?
Wouldn't that be cartoons instead of anime?
>>
>>79760573
>Chelvoks gun.
What?
>>
>>79770103
>What kind of poorly disguised fanfic are you working on?
not disguise, I torture my fav. character for the lulz
>What's the main fetish in your work, do you fap to it regularly?
nah, but genderbending
>How is going your work schedule? Just kidding everyone knows you're a NEET
starin at screen, hitting the keyboard, then procrestinate, everyday
>Do you intend becoming a whore for your readers, will you provide them porn?
no
>Do you know how to use a tripcode in order to become noticed?
don't want to
>Are you waiting for posts congratulating you in order to continue writing? Have you got any answers yet? How much longer are you willing to wait?
yes, no, someday-
>Will you continue to spend your days watching anime while pretending to be a writer, or will you move your ass and START WRITING once for all?
j-just one more episode I swear I'll edit it tomorrow!
>>
>>79773681
Anime sounds more neckbeard
>>
>>79747317
nothing,
nobody ever reviews anything;
I mean, I'm doing this for fun, writing fanfic, but it would be kind of nice to get a little critique here and there
I mean, this is an anonymous board, it's not like I'd go;
>boohoo! I don't like your mean review! I only want nice stuff! You big mean bully, I'll block you!
at this point I'd even take flames over empty space,
at least flames are amusing
>>
>>79773702
I'm probably not spelling that right.

It's the idea that if something is mentioned,even in passing it should have some significance. Otherwise it's wasted space.

Basically cut out all the unimportant shit
>>
>>79747317

I got an hilarious review here.

Basically, I wrote a GF fanfic where Dipper had to join in his sister and friends' Girls' Night, and ended up liking it. I got a review praising my skills of writing, (it was my first comedy, so I was interested in seeing how it played out) but then he said I was promoting the sinister gay agenda, so it was pure evil. It literally wasn't even my intention, but I realised that if I could temporarily convince someone against their religion, that's literally the best writing endorsement ever.
>>
>>79774394
Are you trying to turn this into a meme?
>>
>>79774487

No, someone asked a question, and I replied.
>>
>>79774389
So why exactly is the sword a Chekhov's gun?
>>
>>79774526
Basically? It's treated as a joke.

The MC can't use it, he practices Muay Thai and wrestles and actually mocks Japanese martial arts at some points.

It's just an odd quirk right up until he finds the original owner.
>>
>>79770103
>>What kind of poorly disguised fanfic are you working on?
something somehing teens with powers and a ygo oc fic
>>What's the main fetish in your work, do you fap to it regularly?
my main fetish int there, but age difference is
>>How is going your work schedule? Just kidding everyone knows you're a NEET
but i dont write a little every day
>>Do you intend becoming a whore for your readers, will you provide them porn?
maybe, not sure if porn but some panda ring for sure
>>Do you know how to use a tripcode in order to become noticed?
yes
>>Are you waiting for posts congratulating you in order to continue writing? Have you got any answers yet? How much longer are you willing to wait?
no, nothing, and im trying
my main problem is not knowing how much should i put on the first chapter
>>Will you continue to spend your days watching anime while pretending to be a writer, or will you move your ass and START WRITING once for all?
most likely, but i dont watch that much anime
>>
File: Model_Sheet4.jpg (3 MB, 4960x3507) Image search: [Google]
Model_Sheet4.jpg
3 MB, 4960x3507
>>79769789
>>79771654
Thanks for taking the time to help me. I will keep plot a) then
>>
We Slay Dragons is a modern fantasy webcomic featuring three supernatural roommates who start a business removing fantastical pests.
Like, 2% actually written, 50% plotted out.
Uhh... Shadowrun, kinda? Shadowrun in the present instead of the near future, with less predictable/more mysterious magic and more accepted fantasy races.
Probably Dark Horse. It'd appeal mostly to neckbeards who read too much Tolkein or casual fantasy readers I guess.
Two characters have a super long backstory, especially compared to the other main cast. Balancing their past while still giving others enough time to shine is difficult.
Hobby, hardcore.
Not on my computer, where I have the doc saved.
And for exercice:
>Imagine a plot set in your own town, whose main character is the exact opposite of you
A successful, moderately competent person is able to keep up with things and resist failure, balancing work and play. However, he gains and loses friends easily as he doesn't readily listen to them and empathize with them well.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.