[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tricky dicky is writing about us again
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 16
File: file.png (316 KB, 433x634) Image search: [Google]
file.png
316 KB, 433x634
tricky dicky is writing about us again
>>
I've yet to see a good argument as to why people shouldn't be shamed for being fat.

They shamed smokers for decades.
>>
>>79739341
Because it's mean
>>
>>79739341
Smokers' second hand smoke kills other people, fat people are just killing themselves.

I'm not saying that's true, but that's the rhetoric behind shaming smokers.
>>
>>79739346

So?
>>
OH MY GOD, HOW HARD IS IT TO GRASP THAT YOU CAN'T MAKE SEXUALITY OR WEIGHT DEFINING CHARACTER TRAIT

Matt Murdock is still relevant not because he is just "blind guy", Tony Stark is still popular not because he is just "drunk guy", fucking Hawkeye became leader of Avengers and Thunderbolts not because he is just "bow guy".
>>
>>79739354
>fat people are just killing themselves

Tell that to the poor sons of bitches who have to cut a hole in the side of their houses and plant their fat asses on a flatbed truck to get them to the hospital.
>>
>>79739341
Smokers consume drugs that have been laced with poison.

You should shame them because they're idiots who can't even be arse to get non-poisoned, decent quality variants of their legal drug.
>>
>>79739341
it gives them a persecution complex which causes them to band together under a 'fat pride' banner, making them more stubborn and obnoxious.

just pretend fat people don't exist and never invite them to anything if you wanna make them hate themselves
>>
>>79739354
what about the fact that most fat parents have fat kids
>>
>>79739368
Okay, done.

What was your point exactly?
>>
>>79739363
Being fat isn't Faith's defining trait tho.
>>
I am fucking finished with the planet.

This lefty PC cuck suck fest is far beyond ridiculous. It's at the point where we can't criticize a comic? We have to like it, because if we don't we're bad people?

Makes me want to pack in all aspirations of making my own webcomic when this is the culture nowadays.
>>
>>79739341
Because mind your own business.
>>
>>79739380
>Smokers consume drugs that have been laced with poison.

Fat people consumed foods laced with sugars and empty calories.

You should shame them because they're idiots who can't even be arse to get healthy, decent quality variants of their favorite foods.
>>
>>79739363
Utada Faith has a ton of personalitty and history o the Valiant universe.

Did you ever read it?
>>
how does the fat woman fly?
is she filled with some kind of lighter than air gas?
does she propel it out of her asshole to achieve enough thrust for flight?
or is it queefs? does she fly from rocket queefs?
do her meat curtains make a constant "BLRLRLRLRPRPRPRPRPRLLPRPRP" sound like a deflating balloon as she flies with her jet queefs?
>>
>>79739386

That they're a burden.

If we're moving towards socialized medicine in America and I end up footing the bill for them, why shouldn't I make sure they cut down on the snack cakes?
>>
>>79739382
"People are allowed to raise their kids however they want. It's only a problem if they're endangering strangers, ie, me."
>>
>>79739381
This
>>
>>79739407
You're paying for their health care, you're not paying to run their lives.

They're paying for your health care, too. So really, everyone gets equal say in how everyone treats themselves, which is to say, none whatsoever.
>>
File: 1399589869235.jpg (216 KB, 512x900) Image search: [Google]
1399589869235.jpg
216 KB, 512x900
>>79739403
I'm sorry, are we actually trying to discuss the physics of magic flying powers?

The answer is that it's fucking magic, retard.
>>
>>79739363
But that's exactly how most people describe Marvel characters.
>>
>>79739403
TK
>>
>>79739354
I don't know, does anyone have that story of the dude whos mother was having a heart attack on like the 6th floor of a building, the Paramedic that showed up was fat as all hell and couldn't make it up the stairs very fast while refusing to let the son take the adrenaline needle or whatever she needed up to her while she was dying on the floor. Tl:dr Fattie takes a break half way up to catch her breath, Mom dies due to the paramedic not making it in time.

Or alternatively the one of the guy who is in a pretty bad car accident, wakes up feeling weak and woozy, hungry as hell, tries to call the nurse but passes out. Wakes up, struggling to breathe and feeble as fuck because he hasn't eaten in 4-5 days, passes out. Eventually wakes up and manages to stay concious enough for a nurse to come feed him, once he has the energy he asks why he was left to starve like an animal for nearly a week. Nurse asks what he means since they brought him three meals a day and always collected empty plates. Fat bitch in the bed next to him "I dint du nuffin wrong!". Guy nearly starves to death in hospital because fatty jacks his food while he was passed out for days straight. And the worst part is the elderly woman who was in that ward before him had died, not due to direct medical concerns, but to malnutrition and starvation which they were struggling to explain and put down to age.
>>
>>79739443
i think it's rocket queefs
>>
>another faith thread where nobody is discussing the comic
YAY
>>
>>79739382
all parents have kids, regardless of weight.

seriously anon, i wanna agree w/ you, but your arguments are trash
>>
>>79739460
Don't think anyone ever will. At this point I think /aco/ would make a better Faith thread.
>>
>>79739363
>Tony Stark is still popular not because he is just "drunk guy"

He's popular because he's "Completely blank guy who happened to star in a couple movies.
He was significantly more interesting as "Drunk guy/recovering alcoholic"
>>
>>79739460

What's there to talk about?

It's boring.
>>
>>79739332
i just don't think a fat hero would work in a world where you have to fight. First situation she needs to use her physical strength, she is dead. Any other hero is prepared for that.

>>79739341
it's not about 'shaming', it's about accepting the truth. Some fatfags thinks being fat is healthy.
>>
>>79739393

Y'know man, I used to be of the opinion that if you were a heroin addict... So long as your opiot addiction wasn't causing you to harm and victimize others (Which with a smackhead is an enivitability) then go be a junkie.

What do I give a fuck if you kill yourself? So long as your lifestyle does not cause you to kill, assualt, rape, steal from and cheat others (Which again... Unfortunately is simply what a junkie eventually ends up doing.) then in this magical ideal world. I didn't give a shit about your fatal, self harming lifestyle choice.

I cop shit from people from drinking coke or energy drinks at times, equally as much as I do for smoking. It leaves thinking... What the fuck has the Western world turned into?
>>
Why does fat shaming only apply to women?
>>
>>79739443
Is it magic? I'd be fine if they said it was magic, magic happens all the time in comics, but to just leave it as ambiguous feels like they don't actually care about her.
>>
>>79739460
ok, i'll admit i have no idea who this faith person is. I just know she's a fat lady superhero, which causes bloggers to spooge in their pants and people here to misplace all of their shit. who is faith? is this her first series? where can i read her best material?
>>
>>79739453
Those are really specific circumstances not very comparable to second hand smoke, which is a constant whenever you put smoke next to other people.

That's why there are smoker booths and smoker rooms and smoker seats.
>>
>>79739493
it doesn't. people make fun of fat dudes all the time. fat women are just dumb enough to give a shit.
>>
>>79739429
How are they able to pay for his healthcare if they cant work? Their income would be from disability payments which the other anons taxes would be paying for anyways.

>fat people are fucking leeches on society
>>
>>79739495
It's magic.

She has psychic powers.

Did you read the comic? Why are you talking about things being "ambiguous"? There's no ambiguity.
>>
>>79739390
>It's at the point where we can't criticize a comic?
but you're not really criticizing the comic, you only venting your frustration out on the comic audacity to have a fat main character. Hell, in the 3 Faith related threads we've had in this, I don't think I've seen a single actually critique or discussion on the actual comic, but just about how fat Faith is.

It really shows how right Marvel is with their whole controversy is good sales pitch, because before Faith a Valiant thread was luck to get double digit post, now she's guaranteed about 300 - 500 post.
>>
>>79739453
that sounds awful. I would've punched that paramedic and taken the shot, and punch the woman the moment I found out about what she'd been doing.
>>
>>79739512
That's what I mean. Why is it when bloggers say that fat shaming is evil, they only mean fat shaming when it's pointed at females
>>
File: 1414961355917.png (338 KB, 500x521) Image search: [Google]
1414961355917.png
338 KB, 500x521
>>79739523
>How are they able to pay for his healthcare if they cant work?
Fat people have jobs all the time. Especially in offices.

Seriously, are you talking about super obese people exclusively? Because Faith isn't that fat, she's regular office receptionist fat. Why are you bringing it up otherwise? To shitpost?
>>
>>79739483
If we're not going to discuss the comic than what's the point of these threads?
>>
>>79739524
I have't read the comic, so she doesn't punch people right?
>>
>>79739354
No but they're on track to suck billions in insurance costs.
>>
>>79739552
i'm personally waiting for the blueberry guy to show up and pull a crocodile dundee on this skinny bitch.

"you call that a BBW? That's not a BBW, THIS is a BBBW."
>>
>>79739497
Harbinger.
>>
>>79739354
No what fat people do is suck up unneeded medicare that nbers I'm the millions which could go to patients that just got unlucky with the lottery that is life versus fat FUCKS who just had to eat that 8th slice of pizza
>>
>>79739546
> are you talking about super obese people
well yeah, the other anons post was about that
>>
>>79739512

Speaking as a fatass myself, doesn't always feel great to cop shit for being fat... But as a man I have a skin thicker than a Jews foreskin.

Infact my thick skin is reinforced by several layers of fat... So in reality, if I do carry such shame about my weight or I am so sensitive about it; I might want to go to the fuckin gym every week, start jogging, eat better food and less of it, give up drinking perhaps.

These are solutions, I do not take them because clearly I don't want to lose weight enough. I'm making a choice, just like I do with my smoking. So I'll be one fatty to admit that if fat jokes hurt my feewings so much...

Maybe it's time for me to actually make a change.
>>
>>79739341
Because smokers are mostly men, while fatties are mostly women.
>>
>>79739332
I am I supposed to know or care about who this is? Just seems like another SJW clickbait writing mongoloid faggot
>>
>>79739354
Fat people are a hazard for the already overworked health care personnel that needs to lift them around. They also consume tax money in countries with public healthcare with their bullshit.

Also fat tends to be hereditary since people move their unhealthy eating habits on to their kids. So childcare services could get involved too, since in some cases it's like intentionally dooming your innocent kid to live with diabetes
>>
>>79739598
I remember a story about 2 guys where one was a fat dude, so his friend would message him insults online/on the phone and even when they were talking in-person. The fat guy go so fed up with it, he actually got down to a decent weight.
>>
>>79739527

People are going to dislike a piece of art, comic, product... For how ever sensible or juvenile the reason... Harden the fuck up?

Too much touchy feely, nanny state shit going on these days. I have a right not to like it.
>>
Fat people SHOULD be ashamed
>>
>>79739390
>It's at the point where we can't criticize a comic?

You're only allowed to criticize comics about white males, made by white males. Anything else is sexist and racist.

Notice how people only care when Trump makes fun of women. They're perfectly fine with him bullying males on national TV.

Notice how Hillary is allowed to attack Bernie, but when Bernie's campaign fights back, he's called a sexist and his supporters get labeled misogynists and "berniebros".
>>
>>79739634

And thats someone whomwas man enough to make a decision, follow through on it and take some personal responsibility.

Good on the guy.
>>
>>79739579
HOLY SHIT SHE'S IN THE SAME UNIVERSE AS IMPERIUM? WHY THE FUCK HASN"T TOYO HARADA CRUSHED HER FAT FACE?
>>
>>79739453
Why are you looking for realism in comics?
>>
>>79739668
Kinda hard to do that when Peter is with her 24/7.
And now Harada is in Africa so I don't think he cares about her.
>>
>>79739493
Fat "shaming" applies to everyone, but it's fat women who screech louder about how it's "shaming" to state that fat is unhealthy and also unattractive, and who try to bend reality by repeating that fat women can be beautiful and healthy too so long that it becomes reality.

Fat guys just sort of accept that yeah ok it's not healthy or hot instead of organising movements around trying to claim that they're just as hot as the superhero bods
>>
>>79739649

Hypocrisy I know, but one day a realization is going to be made about who actually holds your country and my country up... By then it might be too late.
>>
I'll never understand where the idea that hating fat people and shaming them is okay. Like, fat acceptance people are retarded and are 99% of the time huge assholes, so i can understand making fun of them, because they're dicks. But what's the point in shitting on some average joe who's fat. Is there anything to benefit from it?
>>
>>79739341
>They shamed smokers for decades.

Smokers can quit. You can't stop being fat over night. You don't know any individual's situation, and shaming someone for being fat can just reinforce the behavior.
>>
>>79739635
Listen buddy if you're not going to make an effort to read the comic then your opinions on the comic is less than dogshit.
>>
Ah feminism. The supremacy cult based on the belief that it's better to change the world around you rather than improve yourself in any way.
>>
>>79739529
The Fatty-Foodsnatcher did get arrested immediately.
>>
>>79739692
god damn I thought Imperium was a stand alone series that just started. there's loads of books about these people out there! man, I came here to shitpost but now I get to read a bunch of comics I didn't know existed! this is great!
>>
>>79739716

I'm fat and a smoker, both are equal struggles.

No one forced me to eat shit food in excess and be inactive.
>>
>>79739716
Quitting smokes cold turkey is nearly impossible way harder than starting to be healthy is
Get fucked
>>
>>79739403
I WANT to believe this is how it works.
>>
>>79739382
Yeah but how many fat people are really getting laid?

I mean I'm around 250lb and I haven't gotten any action ever.
>>
>>79739497
The original Harbinger series, where she was just a bit tubby but not morbidly obese, was better
>>
>>79739722

I don't have an opinion on the comic. I have an opinion on organisations like marvel throwing out gimmick series and feigning some great social justice struggle when some people express ill will towards it, what ever the reason.
>>
File: hyivvv.gif (2 MB, 300x264) Image search: [Google]
hyivvv.gif
2 MB, 300x264
>>79739546
>Faith isn't that fat, she's regular office receptionist fat.
>isn't that fat

What the fuck dude, she's morbidly obese as hell. If you think New Faith is "not that fat" your perception is seriously skewed
>>
>>79739341
Stigmatizing fat people actually makes them less likely to lose weight because they emotionally eat to cope with that shit. I agree that it's unhealthy and this needs to be pointed out but there's no reason to be a dick about it.
>>
>>79739716
And you can't stop being a smoker overnight either.

Unless you're counting the second you stop physically smoking cigarettes for the last time, you're not a smoker, then by the same logic, the second a hamplanet says "I'm going on a diet and this time I'm sticking to it!" and starts eating a reasonable amount of food each day for the first time then they have stopped being a fatty waste of space overnight.
>>
>>79739729
thank god
>>
>>79739754
Get outta the basement and you might have a chance...
>>
>>79739798

I like that you call butter golems ham planets.

We should be rampant homosexuals together.
>>
>>79739795
Man. Follow the fucking discussion. I'm just saying she's not fat enough to not have a job. To be that fat you have to be fucking, you can't move. This character is fat as hell but she can still leave the house, get into a car, and sit at a fucking computer.
>>
>>79739713
Same point as shitting on anyone. 4chan pretty much openly accepts bullying and being a douchebag. I liked that mentality when I was younger but now I'm starting to feel edgy and self-conscious about it.
>>
>>79739832

She lives a full and active life.
>>
>>79739832
Ah right, I misunderstood a bit, sorry
>>
I miss the days when /co/ wasn't just /pol/ 2: electric boogaloo
>>
>>79739797
People aren't really "stigmatizing" them though, just pointing out that it's unhealthy. And honestly if you're so retarded that you react to people telling you that x is bad for you by going "I'LL SHOW YOU, I'LL DO EVEN MORE X" you're emo teen -tier retarded and perhaps the people being mean to you have a point
>>
>>79739797
>implying that shaming smokers didn't make them smoke more
>implying that they never realized that smoking more was the problem and tried to quit to have a better life
>>
>>79739443
Why do people act like getting compliments can never be harassment? Yeah, it can be nice, but not when some creepy old stranger is following you in a public park and starts shouting because you don't want to give him attention.
>>
>>79739707
>one day a realization is going to be made about who actually holds your country and my country up

Let me guess, rich men?
>>
File: faith.jpg (62 KB, 339x600) Image search: [Google]
faith.jpg
62 KB, 339x600
>>79739832
>>
>>79739748
Both of them start with consuming less.

Quiting cigs cold turkey is as stupid as trying to lose weight by fasting.
>>
>>79739888
>People aren't really "stigmatizing" them though, just pointing out that it's unhealthy

It goes far above and beyond calling it unhealthy.

>And honestly if you're so retarded that you react to people telling you that x is bad for you by going "I'LL SHOW YOU, I'LL DO EVEN MORE X" you're emo teen -tier retarded and perhaps the people being mean to you have a point

I doubt it's often a conscious rebel thing like you make it out to be. People don't think that deeply about their maladjusted coping mechanisms.

>>79739906
You can point out unhealthy behaviors without being a giant dick to people. The kind of people who are "fat shaming" on the internet don't give a shit about health whatsoever, they just pick on fat people because they're ugly. They have a right to do that, but they're still dicks.
>>
>>79739914
Harassment should be objective, not something you judge based on wether you like the other person saying it or not.
>>
>>79739914
>but not when some creepy old stranger is following you in a public park and starts shouting because you don't want to give him attention.
And that happens roughly never, and is not a sign of a culture that is trying to hold down woman
>>
>>79739988
That's your white cis-male privilege talking, shitlord.

You don't know how hard we have it, getting complimented constantly.
>>
Faith threads are never about Faith. I wish more people were fans of Valiant. I bet 80% of the posters in this thread have never picked up a Valiant book.
>>
>>79739983
>implying fat people are ugly
Who's the dick now?
>>
>>79740023
Valiant should've stayed in the 90s
And it's not really our fault Faith is a publicity stunt
>>
>>79740023
I remember her from the 90s.

Back when having a chubby hero was a breath of fresh air, instead of pandering to the people ruining comics fandom.
>>
>>79739988
Intersubjectivity is inherent to language. Following people around and stalking them isn't just "saying words someone dislikes" either.

>>79739997
>And that happens roughly never

It's happened to multiple women I know.

>and is not a sign of a culture that is trying to hold down woman

I didn't mention culture, friendo. Stop arguing with the political strawmen in your head.
>>
>>79740032
They don't need to be ugly for my statement to be true, just that many people consider them ugly, and they do. Not that you care about consistency whatsoever beyond contriving deliberate misunderstandings for your pseudo-Socratic bullshit.
>>
>>79740023
I would but this bitch makes em too damn heavy
>>
>>79740059
>It's happened to multiple women I know.
...and? Multiple men I know have been mugged by armed black men.
But you don't see me complaining about mugger culture
>>
>>79739363
Tony Stark is only popular because of RDJs loveable-asshole characterization.
>>
>>79740059
>Following people around and stalking them isn't just "saying words someone dislikes" either.
Not the content, the person. A person starts talking to you spontaneously. You look at the person and judge by appearance only if you like them or not. And then decide if you want to keep listening to them or not. Unless that person is actually being agressive, you have no right to call that "harassment".
>>
File: 1454291970633.png (153 KB, 560x582) Image search: [Google]
1454291970633.png
153 KB, 560x582
>the amount of people straight up admitting they've never even heard of the character before her this.
Be real you guys come to Faith threads to hate on fat chicks, that's cool and all, I fucking hate those leaches as well, but seriously that's the only reason most of you are here right?
>>
>>79740105
I didn't mention "culture", I addressed certain people's attitude to harassment that I felt that comic embodied.
You'd have every right to complain about muggings. I have a funny feeling there's another type of person with double-g's that you REALLY want to complain about, though. Get mugged by a white person next time and maybe you'll feel better about it.
>>
File: Judge-Dredd-Fat-Protest.jpg (234 KB, 512x673) Image search: [Google]
Judge-Dredd-Fat-Protest.jpg
234 KB, 512x673
>>79739341
It's a catch 22. Shame them and we get a League of Fatties/Fat Pride. Don't shame them and we'll still get a League of Fatties/Fat Pride.
>>
>>79740088
lewl
>>
>>79739354
Fat people are driving up my tax dollars for no reason but their sloth.

By pushing the "healthy at every size" lifestyle, they are spreading a destructive meme through society.
>>
>>79740126
>Not the content, the person. A person starts talking to you spontaneously. You look at the person and judge by appearance only if you like them or not.

My example was about following someone and shouting at them, so yeah, that's harassment. And yes, repeating the same thing over and over to someone who clearly isn't interested is pretty much the definition of harassment, especially when it's sexual or threatening.
>>
>>79740177
I really don't see what your point is here. Yes, women get harassed on the street. Everyone is at risk of that.
What this comic >>79739443 is making fun of is a very specific kind of harpy who complains about the most innocent of compliments from strangers
>>
>>79740230
There's a difference between "healthy at every size" and "maybe doxxing far people over at /r/FatPeopleHate is going too far". You're just blurring the lines because you want to look like some heroic defender of public health instead of some dipshit on the internet ranting about "muh tax dollars".
>>
>>79740035
>>79740053
faith isnt made to pander to people you dont like, they did a fucking one-shot pilot issue for her about a year ago that didn't even get picked up by news sites
>>
>>79740270
I never said fat people should be doxxed for being fat.

But we should stop pretending "fat shaming" is a sin on par with any of the other condemned societal vices like racism or homophobia.
>>
>>79740273
Oh yeah, she definitely only got a solo run because the whole four Valiant fans that exist demanded it.
The fact that fat acceptance is trend now is just a coincidence
>>
>>79740243
>I really don't see what your point is here. Yes, women get harassed on the street. Everyone is at risk of that.

And everyone has the right to complain about it, although it doesn't happen in equal ratios.

>What this comic >>79739443 is making fun of is a very specific kind of harpy who complains about the most innocent of compliments from strangers

Considering your use of the word "harpy" I really doubt you have much respect for people in general. Innocent language isn't just determined by words themselves, but things like tone, repetition, public context and the relationship between speaker and listener. I really doubt groups of guys in cars who call out "Nice tits" to women walking on the street are actually compelled to make a stranger feel better about their breasts by doing so, instead of just wanting to humiliate and harass them.
>>
>>79740273
>>79740305
I guess I'll actually have to *shudder* read comics and find out how pandering it is.
>>
>>79740303
It's not on the same level, but it can still lead to abusive situations when it goes beyond health into just ganging up and bullying people.
>>
>>79740355
>I really doubt groups of guys in cars who call out "Nice tits" to women walking on the street are actually compelled to make a stranger feel better about their breasts by doing so, instead of just wanting to humiliate and harass them.
I dunno man. Have you actually just considered that perhaps she has nice tits?
>>
>>79740355
>Considering your use of the word "harpy" I really doubt you have much respect for people in general. Innocent language isn't just determined by words themselves, but things like tone, repetition, public context and the relationship between speaker and listener.

And in the comic that started the whole argument, the "harasser" sun just complimented her back after she addressed him.

It's pretty obviously meant to mock people who overreact to nothing, not to women who get creeped out when a strange man starts following them around.
>>
>>79740305
please stop talking shit when you know nothing

Valiant is pushing Faith because they want to start a movie universe and would like a female franchise, their only female protagonist in the announced movies is Faith. They could have done Livewire as their female franchise but she has so little screentime in everything up to Harbinger Wars that it would take ages to actually get to a point where she can have a major role in a movie.

They have been pushing Faith for a while because she IS a fan-favourite and she's good for their movies. If they wanted to get SJW points then they would give a solo to Livewire who is a black woman, but Livewire is not a character who has any real fan following.

Maybe you should actually read some Valiant and look at the way she's being pushed in their comics. They want her to fill the role of the most popular superhero on Earth in their universe, if you look at any of the stories she is in the overall arc is about her following growing on media and social media with her eventually becoming one of the most popular humans of all time, Harbinger was the only comic that even went into her being fat and they did not advertise that fact whatsoever.
>>
>>79739737
Imperium is mostly stand-alone. If you're fan of Harada, read Unity. He's founder of team... until he decide to kill them all. Later his former student is leading that team.
>>
>yet another Faith thread
Why does a fat character trigger /co/ this hard?
>>
>>79740451
>Valiant
>movies

Please no.
>>
>>79739391
>Irony
>>
>>79740451
>Valiant
>want to start a movie universe
>with a fat character as their lead
Fat chance
>>
>>79739737
Harbinger is basically the first act where Pete Stanchek is the hero and Harada is the villain
then there's a transition miniseries called Harbinger: Omegas (and a side story called Armor Hunters: Harbinger)

There is also Unity which is tangentially tied to Harbinger, issue #1-5 have toyo Harada and then the arc of Faith #0 and Unity #12-14, this is completely skippable but if you like Harbinger you should read Faith #0

and then Imperium is act 2 of the story

And there's also a one-shot called Book of Death: The Fall of Harbinger which is set in 2183 and is the ending to the Pete/Harada story
>>
>>79740669
Are these all recent comics, or from the 90s?
>>
>>79739492
This works for fats in a society that doesn't have to pick up the pieces of their ruined lives, like socialist countries with universal healthcare.

In such places, your being fat is subsidized by the tax payer and so all have to pay for your self-induced disability.
>>
>And /co/ denies that its tumblr.
>>
>>79740713
Recent.
>>
>>79740713
yeah they're all recent ones, they rebooted the universe in 2011 so 90s isnt canon
>>
>>79740451
Look at her being to only one doing absolutly nothing.
>>
>>79740774
>>79740790
Who do they think they are, DC?

That said, I've really be enjoying new Ninjak. And I'll read the new Faith tonight. Anything else from new Valiant worth reading?
>>
>>79741018
They couldn't really keep the old continuity since so many stories were left half finished and they lost the rights to 3 of their main franchises
>>
>>79741018
Archer and Armstrong, Ivar Timewalker, The Valiant, Bloodshot Reborn

Faith is pretty average desu
>>
>>79741056
>they lost the rights to 3 of their main franchises

Which ones?
>>
>>79739341
Shaming sounds mean, instead, they should be encouraged to live healthily.
>>
>>79740178
Man that pic, it will always be funny that from all the things Judge Dredd predicted of the future this is the most accurate.
>>
>>79739332
Why do you monitor that site so obsessivly?
>>
>>79739716
I lost 25 pounds in 2 weeks because I put my mind to it. Losing weight is easy.
>>
>>79739354
>>79739380
Exactly. I smoke and I know it. I won't cry, when someone tells me "you should stop smoking". Why then shouldn't I tell someone "you should lose some weight"?
>>
>>79739716
Quitting smoking us harder, retard. It's a fucking addition and cigarettes are just featherweight drugs. Fat people are just lazy and stupid.
>>
>>79741138
>Why then shouldn't I tell someone "you should lose some weight"?
How stupid are you that you can't tell the difference.
>>
>>79741088
Turok, solar, magnus
>>
>>79741254
Who got them?
>>
>>79741193
There is no difference, fatty
>>
>>79741328
There's plenty difference.
>fatty
lel
>>
>>79739354
Fat people are actually dangerous. There is a reason they aren't accepted into the military, police, or fire department.

We may be strangers to one another. But in the face of crisis we are meant to be able to rely on eachother. But you can't really rely on fat people. They are liabilities than int he face of crisis can't help but rely on others, putting everyone else but themselves at risk without contributing.

They are broken cogs in a clockwork.
Fat shaming is very natural. It's disrespectful not just to yourself, your ancestors, and potential offspring. But it's also disrespectful to everyone else around you.

Being overweight isn't healthy.
>>
File: 1451774175604.gif (1 MB, 170x113) Image search: [Google]
1451774175604.gif
1 MB, 170x113
>>79741385
>Fat people are actually dangerous
>>
>>79741410
When part of your society they are. When ignored, perhaps not so much.
>>
>>79741379
Nope, you should lose weight. Nobody likes fat people, even those that pretend to like and defend them still hate them.
>>
>>79739453
I need articles to these stories, they sound fun to read.
>>
Dynamite Entertainment
>>
>>79741576
Meant to quote
>>79741314
>>
>>79739429
That's not necessarily true; not all people pay the same amount of taxes and protected classes or incredibly low earning tax brackets get considerable tax breaks.

In America, although women are roughly 50% of the workforce, men still tend to pay a larger percentage of taxes because they tend to earn a bit more overall. (i.e. There's more men in higher paying but riskier than jobs than women etc.) Women tend to use social services much more frequently than men and the average woman also tends to go to the doctor much more frequently than the average man which is more expensive when going the route of socialized healthcare.

There's a popular argument here that people tend to use when talking about public services like healthcare, free contraceptives for women, and abortion among other things : why should I put my tax dollars into 'x' when I'm not benefiting from it or, alternatively, why should I put my tax dollars into 'y' if I don't believe in it.

Other people will pay more taxes for obese people who can't work because of their weight and require extensive medical aid because of their weight for something that they've essentially done to themselves?

I personally do not agree with the argument when it comes to abortion, free contraceptives,free post-secondary education and most other socialist ideas but it should be noted that a legitimate argument can be made against the morbidly obese.
>>
>>79739332
I saw a storytime of Faith on /co/ a week ago.

Her love interests are all muscle bound fit guys or regular good looking guys. Only women can be fit and beautiful.
>>
File: tumblr_mesjsspbpY1r8lxyqo1_500.png (124 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mesjsspbpY1r8lxyqo1_500.png
124 KB, 480x360
>>79739390
Mars would never put up with this
>>
>>79739363
Marvel characters popularity in media today has very little to do with the characters themselves. Comic movies sell because of nerd cred for casuals and because little kids think it's cool. Comic book readers are still in the minority as are casual viewers that actively purchase comics for the character themselves.
>>
>>79741637
>why should I put my tax dollars into 'x' when I'm not benefiting from it or, alternatively, why should I put my tax dollars into 'y' if I don't believe in it.

the same logic applies sevenfold with regards to the defense budget.
>>
>>79739716
Quitting smoking is much harder than quitting being fat.
>>
File: 1444265945052.gif (242 KB, 475x300) Image search: [Google]
1444265945052.gif
242 KB, 475x300
>>79741830
>Quitting smoking is much harder than quitting being fat
>>
>>79740035
Valiant does capeshit better than the big 2. This is their only pandering title compared to Marvel which is Pandering: The Company and DC which just consistently produces trash.
>>
>>79739429
Their personal choices are increasing the costs for everyone.
>>
File: 1418234840360.jpg (109 KB, 904x702) Image search: [Google]
1418234840360.jpg
109 KB, 904x702
>>79741883
>and DC which just consistently produces trash
You can't be serious.
>>
I still don't get the response here to the character, she's been around since the 90's. The only amusing aspect is comparing what was fat then, to what is considered fat now. Faith in the 90's is the new normal.
>>
>>79741839
Stop laughing fatty
>>
>>79739527
>discussion on the actual comic, but just about how fat Faith is.
Her fatness is the selling point of the comic. And the only thing anyone writes about related to the comic. Even in OP.
>>
>>79741909
Marvel's kicking their ass in sales for a reason, fanboy.
>>
>>79741839
Fat person pls. The real, physical effects of withdrawal in both scenarios are of such different magnitude it's not even a contest.
>>
>>79739390

WAH WAAAAH THIS MINORITY OPINION FROM A NICHE WEBSITE IS RUINING THE WORLD! WAAAAAH!

Please end your fucking life you meme spewing cunt. The fact that you're so dense that you think anything posted in the OP means shit to more than .5% of the population tells me your horrifyingly insulated in this shit cocoon of extreme viewpoints and bad opinions. Fuck off from the internet for awhile and realize that virtually nobody cares about these dumb non-issues outside of this shithole.
>>
>>79741933
>>79741954
Neither are that hard as long as you have decent self control.
>>
>>79741947
Star Wars?
>>
>>79741947
>he thinks sales = quality
You're adorable. Stupid and adorable. You must think Taylor Swift makes great music then considering how popular she is.
>>
>>79741410
If video games have taught me anything, it's that fat people have twice the amount of health and usually produce shockwaves when they land from a jump. They are incredibly dangerous.
>>
>>79741591
>>79741576
Thanks for the answer.
>>
>>79739354
>suck millions or billions from tax payer's money via healthcare.
>pass of their poor eating habit to their kids.
>>
>>79741749
Yep. You totally can and that's why a lot of people use that argument for whatever floats their boat but paying for obese people is a whole other animal compared to talking about U.S. Defence Spending.

The whole military industrial complex employs millions of Americans and the 100 odd foreign bases around the world, which is a big part of America's military presence and power, will not maintain itself.

I feel like that's a fall equivalence to what we're talking about in this thread.
>>
File: cfYy0dV[1].jpg (299 KB, 1023x1501) Image search: [Google]
cfYy0dV[1].jpg
299 KB, 1023x1501
>>79741094
Well, he also predicted that by 2014 you wouldn't be able to play any Sega consoles.
>>
>>79740772
But everyone here is pissed off about it, fuck off
>>
>>79741954
laying off cigarettes for a few weeks is way easier than sticking to a diet for a few weeks, especially financially.
>>
>>79741749
>Military spending is off the charts
>Still see charities and fundraisers begging for donations to support active troops with shit like toothpaste

The fuck is going on.
>>
>>79742860
They need those billions for stealth bombers.

Soldiers don't have tons of lobbyists, defense contractors do.
>>
>>79739453
Id say both of those are very specific situations. An out of shape person shouldnt be in an emergency response unit and in the second case that person is also just an asshole
>>
>>79742147
Low blow anon.
>>
File: 1454564052039.jpg (138 KB, 970x582) Image search: [Google]
1454564052039.jpg
138 KB, 970x582
>>79740451
>/co/ reading comics

How new.

>>79742950
At least they got their IHop discounts.

On sundays.
>>
>>79739354
I wonder how many people have died waiting for a hospital bed because of bertha's quadruple bypass surgery
>>
>>79739341
Because there isn't one, fat people are subhuman
>>
>>79743102
This meme is getting boring
>>
>>79740023
I keep meaning to... are Vailiant one of those companies where it's okay to just pick up the latest issue and carry on from there?
>>
If a fat superhero had a heart attack and the doctors were unable to help because his or her skin was too invulnerable, what would happen?
>>
>>79743800
she dies at around 50
>>
>>79739403

The same way a regular or scrawny woman flies: with superpowers
>>
>>79742031
A marked decline in sales of one of the most pleb publishers out there has to mean something. It's not like the slobbering troglodytes who read Marvel and DC have high standards.
>>
>>79740355
>strangers calling out "nice tits"

Shit that simply does not happen to any relevant degree for 500, Alex.
>>
>>79739341
Because it is not your damn concern if they are, neither is what they are doing with their bodies. Passive smoker is literally poisoning you. Fat guy doesnt. Healthy lifestyle though should be advertised always.
>>
>>79739491
>Some fatfags thinks being fat is healthy.
So what? Why exactly do you feel the need to enlighten them?
>>
>>79744503
>Some people are spreading info about cyanide to be healthy why do you want to stop them? :)
1.-It's a harmful though for society
2.-Increases the expenses of healthcare
And once keeps increasing 2, but sure fuck it all. The only thing that matters is to feel good with yourself, screw society and let's indulge all of us into a hedonistic life, nothing bad can happen.
Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.