[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jughead is Asexual
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11
File: Jughead_Tumblr.jpg (492 KB, 1000x1537) Image search: [Google]
Jughead_Tumblr.jpg
492 KB, 1000x1537
When will it end with tumblr /co/? Archie comics were fine with homosexual characters. That was topical enough.

Was an asexual character really needed? How forced is this panel?
>>
>>79716140
>How forced is this panel?

As forced as your thread
>>
>implying asexuality exists
It's excuse losers make for why no one is romantically it sexually attracted to you.
>>
>>79716140
what the fuck else would jughead be?
>>
>>79716140
Jesus Christ, stop spamming this fucking nonissue. Sage, cause this is like the yemth fucking thread anout this.
>>
>>79716140
>As forced as your thread

Go back to SU threads and suck Sugar's "gender fluid" dick.
>>
Has jughead had any romantic partners or interest?
>>
>>79716140

Just accept it. Normies don't read comics, you retards pirate everything, and so tumblr is the next best thing
>>
>>79716140
I'm more bothered by the art.
>>
>>79716261
There are some people who are actually asexual,
but if you see a three hundred pound guy with an anime shirt and a body pillow
I think we know the truth about him.
>>
>>79716302
Food, mostly.
>>
But Jughead has always been "I don't care about girls, just gimme my burgers." That's how he is.
>>
>>79716140
>How forced is this panel?
Not at all.
>>
>implying he's not burgersexual
he's certainly sticking his dick between some kind of buns
>>
>>79716140
Its great how high schoolers can have mature and accepting conversations about sexuality just walking through the hallways to class.
>>
File: Archie vs. Predator 003-010.jpg (1 MB, 1680x2583) Image search: [Google]
Archie vs. Predator 003-010.jpg
1 MB, 1680x2583
being asexual didn't help him
>>
>>79716307
>Normies don't read comics

We do, it's that comics are not religion to us. I treat comics like as part of my morning routine. So my lack of raging and posting is why tumblr hijacks comics I read in the Super Market line? Jughead is not a character that needs to touch this subject. He's a great foil to move the story along. That's all he is and should be.
>>
Jughead's always been like this you retard

He's forever been more concerned about his stomach than his dick
>>
>>79716361
>>79716244
>you don't get it cause you're asexual
Who gives a shit about Jughead being asexual? But who fucking talks like that. Its just part of the ridiculous trend that puts sexuality in the front and center as the end all be al character trait. "Hey, should we just allow Jughead's apparent asexuality inform his interactions with other characters and personality traits?" "No we don't get points for that make sure everyone knows immediately." I'm not triggered by talk of sexuality i'm triggered by hacky writing.
>>
>>79716597
It's not hacky writing because everybody's misinterpreting it. They're just ribbing.

I'm not super into music, but my friends come from musician households. So when I don't like a song that my friends like, and they want a comeback, they say something like "you just don't get it because you literally have zero appreciation for music or anything else beautiful."

The same is happening here. "you just don't get it 'cause you're asexual" is just referencing Jughead's dislike of women and focus on burgers. It doesn't mean, at all, that Jughead is actually asexual.

Jesus christ, it's like the internet's nothing but illiterate sociopaths who've never had a regular human friendship before.
>>
>>79716597
this is literally a conversation i've had with people before. "you don't get it cause you're ace" is a phrase people have said to me so often. it's pretty much a non-issue
>>
>>79716748
>It's not hacky writing because everybody's misinterpreting it.
If so many people are misinterpreting it then its hacky writing. "You're asexual" isn't a common joke.
>>
>>79716748
nah, zdarsky's said he's asexual. sorry, but jughead's ace, dude.
>>
>>79716775
Yeah I bet that's what they say when you get all those reblogs.
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>79716140
Jughead is burger sexual. He's just in the take out bag about it
>>
>>79717003
sorry, i know you want this hot bod. but the truth is, i just don't wanna fuck you, dude. i'm too good for that.
>>
>>79717032
>>79717018
Heh you guys are funny.
>>
>>79716140
We've been over this.

Jughead is burgersexual.
>>
>>79716793
Because guys who aren't gaga for women aren't super common, and because culture is getting more PC, so using the word in that context could be frowned-upon.

>>79716821
He said he prefers an asexual Jughead. Maybe Jughead actually is asexual. But that doesn't mean that, in this instance, they're actually saying "hey Jughead's asexual, guys". This instance is just a fun, lighthearted conversation.
>>
>>79716140
I consider myself to be extremely tolerant but I'll never understand asexuality.
>>
>>79717442
>it doesn't mean what they're saying guys
Despite your impressive mental backflips to avoid the fact it probably means exactly what it says on the page anon.
>>
>>79716285
>>79716302
>>79716359
>>79716434

Seriously, this is fine. It's just a modern word to describe characterization which has been in place for decades. I don't think it adds or removes anything from the character aside from acknowledging what was always there.
>>
>>79717484
i'll never understand straight dudes, either. doesn't mean they don't exist, just means we're two different camps
>>
>>79717484
>I'll never understand asexuality
Person has a low sex drive and generally isn't attracted to people, be they man or woman. How is it that hard to understand?
>>
>>79716296
There's even already two other threads about this up.
>>
>>79717523
Do you have this sort of problem with metaphors as well? "She's a real gem" doesn't mean she's really a gem.
>>
>>79718245
there's a difference between "she's a real gem" and "as an asexual you wouldn't understand" "it is true, i do not feel sexual attraction"
>>
File: 1354844809032.png (244 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
1354844809032.png
244 KB, 500x380
>I used to think that "asexual" only meant that something could reproduce without need of a mate

Whelp, guess I was wrong
>>
>>79716261
I don't know about that. My girlfriend's older brother claims to be asexual. He's pretty attractive, and with the sorts of hobbies he keeps, I'm sure he could get any of those weird artsy chicks if we wanted.

Then again, he was diagnosed with depression and anxiety, which may have something to do with it. I have yet to see asexuality manifest itself independently of SOME kind of condition that makes social interaction difficult.
>>
>>79718348
>"as an asexual you wouldn't understand" "it is true, i do not feel sexual attraction"
You're gravely misinterpreting the words on the page. But I know I'll never convince you of that, so I'm not going to keep wasting my time on it. Keep being an F-level reader if you want, and keep looking for hints of sexuality or progress in everything you read.

I'll be having fun with my friends. Friends which I made because I can understand basic social cues. Like that when they say "just because you'd literally fuck a sandwich", I don't think that they actually mean that I'd fuck a sandwich.
>>
>>79718572
sorry you only hang out with sandwichfuckers dude, sounds like a rough life
>>
>tried to ask out this girl i was really into
>says shes asexual
>i still think it was just an excuse because im ugly
>>
>>79718572
You're a fucking retard. There's nothing on that page that should lead you to believe he was using "asexual" metaphorically.
>>
>>79716140
>not burgersexual
>>
>>79717912
So all women are asexual?
>>
>>79716793
It's literally the same thing as when you faggots all call each other gaylords and faggots when someone says that an attractive woman isn't that attractive.

"What are you gay?", "and then there's this faggot" etc etc..., when used specifically in regards to not finding a woman attractive.
>>
>>79718348
"it is true, I do not feel sexual attraction"
IF it was worded like this, and it isn't, it would still be easily interpreted as sarcasm. Particularly with the lack of emotion put into the words.

As is it's even more of a stretch. When was the last time anyone started a sentence with 'yeah, well,...' and wasn't just partaking in banter. Since you seem to prefer making up dialogue to support your points instead of using what is actually written on the page:

"Man anon you are such a faggot."
"Yeah, well, at least I'm not a shitposting waifufag like you."

I should be clear, while I am using this fictional discussion to make a point, I am also calling you a colossal shitposting faggot.
>>
>>79716140
>When will it end with tumblr /co/?
When they end up with so many uncompromising special snowflake factions all competing to be the most special, the most offended and the biggest victims that they start turning on each other in a conflict that makes the Syrian civil war look straightforward.

Also when teenage girls grow up and the younger ones find a new fad.
>>
>>79718443
That is what asexual means, Jughead can simply divide and create new Jugheads.
>>
>>79722530
First, there are plenty of woman who like to fuck lots of people. How are you not aware of that?
But I think it might be more common in women? Not sure that aspect is a cultural thing (cause woman aren't supposed to like sex or whatever) or something inherent, and I might just be remembering something wrong.
>>
Jughead being Asexual is like the one time retconning a character's sexual preference has made sense. Jughead is a higher being who is not concerned with sins of the flesh.
>>
>>79716140
Jughead doesn't really like girls except Betty, who he finds interesting. He's not gay either, so being Asexual suits him.

The only exception is the Jughead's Time Police comic where he had a fling with one January McAndrews (supposedly Archie's descendant from the far future).
>>
>>79716140
It's only Archie, anon
>>
>>79723343
i think it's more that female asexuals are more comfortable identifying as it, because culture says dudes literally can't be that even when a lot of them are

juggalo knows exactly who he is, though. he's fine with it.
>>
File: Archie Marvel Edit.jpg (540 KB, 1280x748) Image search: [Google]
Archie Marvel Edit.jpg
540 KB, 1280x748
I like my edit better. Archie should hire me to write for them. I can definitely draw better faces that's for fucking sure
>>
>>79716140
jughead only gets turned on by burgers...how do you not know this?
>>
File: j179.jpg (118 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
j179.jpg
118 KB, 533x800
>>79716140
You know, as much as I hate forcing socially political correctness in my comic books, I'm fine with this. They're not fucking retconning the goddamn character into the dust. Jughead has never given a shit about romance, and it's not like his sexuality is his defining trait like the character next to him.

If you were to ask 50's Jughead if he was asexual, he would say, "Call it what ya want, but I'm never going on a date. It doesn't take two people to eat all that food!"
>>
>>79716140
"Asexual" is just a trendy modern word for what Jughead's always been though.

I hate trendy words as much as everyone but I much prefer it to the times when they tried to make him interested in girls. He's not heterosexual and he's not homosexual. He just doesn't like any kind of sexual attraction.

The PC route would be to make him gay so I'm fine with the a-word if that's what it takes to preserve what Jughead has been since the '40s.
>>
I'm so glad asexuals are always people nobody wants to fuck in the first place.
>>
File: archie giant series 19.jpg (194 KB, 907x879) Image search: [Google]
archie giant series 19.jpg
194 KB, 907x879
There's an old theory that he just likes food as an emotional substitute for romance.

It would even be canonical if Archie comics had such a thing as canon (they had negative continuity so nothing from one story counts for anothers).
>>
>>79724114
But bitches constantly crave Jughead's dick because he doesn't pay attention to them.
>>
>>79724350
I miss negative continuity. It seemed so natural to me as a kid that nothing that happened in one story had any impact on the next, like how Looney Tunes characters could meet each other for the first time in every story.
>>
File: oh jughead.jpg (249 KB, 616x615) Image search: [Google]
oh jughead.jpg
249 KB, 616x615
can this be a thread where we just post funny things from Archie comics?
>>
File: Archie's Gift.jpg (122 KB, 426x415) Image search: [Google]
Archie's Gift.jpg
122 KB, 426x415
>>79724971
>>
File: pep_39_58.jpg (15 KB, 208x198) Image search: [Google]
pep_39_58.jpg
15 KB, 208x198
>>79725029
>>
File: Pals Gals 86.jpg (155 KB, 858x606) Image search: [Google]
Pals Gals 86.jpg
155 KB, 858x606
>>79725158
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.