[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: parallels.jpg (122 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
parallels.jpg
122 KB, 800x800
Which was the better couple, /co/?
>>
left,right only existed so tumblr get to whiteknight the show even if it was abysmally shitty
>>
>>79707863
I'd actually say LoK has ATLA beat in this department. Katara and Aang never felt like a natural couple to me. I mean - they seem like the sort who would probably get together eventually. But not when one of them is fucking twelve.

Don't get me wrong, though - Asami and Korra are still not a well-developed couple. It's just that, at the very least, they're adults and romantic involvement doesn't seem that far-fetched.
>>
>>79707863
Left was a better story, right was better fapfodder
>>
>>79707950
What romantic involvement? If anything shouldn't Asami kind of hate/dislike Korra? They're equally bad.
>>
Right. Aang And Katara just felt off to me, but honestly Korra/Asami wasn't that good either.
>>
>>79707968
>If anything shouldn't Asami kind of hate/dislike Korra?
What? Why?

As for their romantic involvement - it was implied and hinted at several times. Like the fact that Asami is the only person Korra stayed in contact with after season 3. Hell, even during season 3, the two would share looks, Korra would blush at things Asami said, etc.

If they had been a bit more outright with it and didn't hide the romantic overtones under a mountain, it might've actually worked in the end.
>>
File: Asami_realizing.png (142 KB, 444x250) Image search: [Google]
Asami_realizing.png
142 KB, 444x250
TFW you back to the show and realize Asami was jelly of Mako here
>>
>>79707956
/thread
>>
One was shittily written.
The other wasn't written at all and just shoehorned in at the last second.

It really doesn't matter.
Because both Avatars had better chemistry with their redeemable villains.
>>
Korra and Asami were a couple? I didn't notice that all in the show itself, I thought it was just a meme people kept repeating because they liked touching themselves to it and/or they assumed people would care more about the show if they bragged about it containing bisexuals/lesbians.
>>
File: tumblr_m1pzejFTHx1rqokzso1_500.png (442 KB, 500x478) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m1pzejFTHx1rqokzso1_500.png
442 KB, 500x478
>>
File: 1425163128506.jpg (51 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1425163128506.jpg
51 KB, 640x480
>>79707863
Both sucked. Bryke can't write romance and thy didn't even try for the second.
Which yeah, I'm going to say it makes it better, since at least we didn't have to suffer through Bryke writing romance.
>>
>>79707863
Left was set from the start of the series, regardless of what Zutarans might say. Right wasn't really a romance until the last few minutes of the finale. Sure there was alot of character interaction and the development of a close friendship, but there was never an indication of attraction between the two. Korrasami could've been really good if it had been the intended ship from the start.
>>
Neither. Toph x anyone is better than both.
>>
>>79707863
ATLA image is a FF7 reference and Korra image is a CoD reference.
>>
>>79708121
The pieta pose isn't a FF7 reference you stupid piece of shit
>>
File: tumblr_nqgbw0drqu1uytyggo1_1280.png (423 KB, 713x800) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqgbw0drqu1uytyggo1_1280.png
423 KB, 713x800
>>79708057
>>
>>79707863
Oh Jesus, that scene on the left..

I suddenly remember what a godawful episode that was.
>>
>>79708024
>Asami, did you know Korra likes Mako?
WHAT THE HELL, IKKI? NOW ASAMI'S GONNA THINK I'M STRAIGHT
>>
File: 1415809380737.png (379 KB, 843x578) Image search: [Google]
1415809380737.png
379 KB, 843x578
>>79708276
http://imgur.com/pgmgDkU
>>
>>79708329
She's bi though
>>
>>79707863
Katara and Aang were and actual couple, they win by default.

If we pretend Korra and Asami would even be a couple, they would still be a worse couple, because they wouldn't work at all as a couple. They have no romantic chemistry, and the way they're portrayed in the show would make them in a relationship seem damaging to both.
>>
File: 1394666455879.jpg (18 KB, 234x255) Image search: [Google]
1394666455879.jpg
18 KB, 234x255
>>79708389
Asami stopped being bi.

She swore off dicks completely thanks to Mako.
>>
>>79708024
>Oh yeah, sure. Keep her warm for me, asshole.
>>
The one on the left. Because they had actually development to their relationship, and it wasn't hastily tacked-on to the end of a failing series in an effort to deflect criticism and pander to a particular crowd who'd heap praise on them for it.
>>
>>79708008
You have got to be kidding. First off they kept trying to hook up with mako when the other was dating him. They should not even be friends.

Secondly, Korra blushed one time in book 4. In a situation similar to when Bolin complimented her in the same way. And Korra is said to never have had any feelings for Bolin. Couple that with how she is never shown to have feelings for Asami and the result is the same.

Korra writing with Asami doesn't mean anything when the only person capable of lending her the support she needs is Asami. It's not like she went out of her way to contact Asami, in fact after she left the south she stopped having contact with anyone outside her family.

And sure they shared a look here and there in book 3. But so did Korra with many other characters throughout the show. And we're supposed to believe they've become friends, it's only natural that they would look at eachother once in a while.
>>
>>79708489
Lesbians are just bisexuals with a bad case of misandry?
>>
>>79708581
Some probably are.
>>
>>79707863
Zuko and Mai
>>
>>79708504
This. So much this.
>>
>>79707863
I kinda wish both of them would have just stayed best friends.
>>
>>79708539
You seem to be under the impression that I'm defending what they did with Korra and Asami. I'm not. Any hints they sprinkled in can only be seen in hindsight and if you squint sideways. They're definitely there, but they're so obscured, they might as well not even exist. And the Mako thing - they both wanted him when the other was with him, so neither of them is really more to blame than the other, and they realized that they both acted like cunts.

All I'm saying is that even this bad portrayal of a romance is better than the one in ATLA, where Katara and Aang had absolutely zero chemistry, and one of them was 12 years old. There shouldn't have been any romance in ATLA, save for Sokka's with Yue and Suki. Would I have minded if there was a timeskip or a sequel series or comics where the two are a bit older, like in the 14/16 16/18 range and THEN they got together? Not at all. But 12/14? Come the fuck on.
>>
>>79707950
Kataang is the only couple in the entire franchise that doesn't feel like the characters are just pairing up because the writers say so. It's not a great love story but it's at least plausible, which is more than can be said for the others.
>>
>>79708768
Just because they both acted stupidly in regards to mako, doesn't mean they suddenly forgive the other. And i have to say that if you need to be biased and watch it in hindsight, those hints probably weren't there to begin with.

As for ATLA, sure they were young, but shit like that happens from time to time. Could it have been better, sure, but atleast it doesn't take away from the experience while still existing and being dealt with in the show.
>>
>>79708801
What is Sokka and Suki? Honestly, Kataang always felt to me like the writers just figured "hey, two main characters, they should get together, right?"

>>79708807
Eh, they obviously forgave each other. I know it's a cop out answer, but you think one thing, I think another, and what I think happened in the show. I get where you're coming from, but to me it felt organic that they wouldn't hate each other over it.

And again, I agree that what hints were there for Korrasami, were WAY too obscured.

Also, just for the record, this is probably the only thing I will ever say that LoK did better than ATLA. ATLA is literally perfect outside of this little gripe I have with it(>inb4 lion turtle deus ex machina), and LoK is a piece of shit(with the exception of most of season 3).
>>
>>79708864
I don't mind them getting over it, that is fine. But it's a long way to go from where they were before (competing for mako) to lovers as they tried to pass off. If we're talking about organic development Korrasami is complete shit.

It was so obscured it wasn't even there, unless you were specificly looking for it to be there and projecting hard feelings onto the characters that they didn't have.

I can agree that Kataang could have been done better, but to say it is worse than a relationship that doesn't even make sense in any way seems weird to me.
>>
>>79708864
>Honestly, Kataang always felt to me like the writers just figured "hey, two main characters, they should get together, right?"
It's the only couple in the entire series that has any buildup or significant interaction before the romantic feelings even start.
>>
>>79708894
I don't think it's a long way at all. Remember that it was two whole seasons where they weren't vying for Mako's affection. Not to mention there was a, if I'm not mistaken, several year-long timeskip between seasons 3 and 4. That's more than enough time to get over something like that. And during that entire timeskip, Korra and Asami were talking all the time, with Asami being the only person Korra kept in contact with from her 'old life'. I think that fact by itself makes Korrasami make more sense than Kataang.
>>
>>79708916
Korra had more romanticly implying moments with mako in book 3 and 4 than she had with Asami. They weren't going for him, but they weren't showing any interest in eachother either. They were just building up a friendship nothing more.

We have no idea how much they talked during the timeskip. All we know is that they sent atleast 1 letter each, with nothing but boring talk. Thats it. Korra had more personal interactions with Tenzin during that time since he actually came to visit.
>>
>>79708916
>>79708954
Also how does Kataang which was build up for 3 seasons make less sense than Korrasami because of a letter exchange of no significance, it's not like Korra had anyone else to write that could understand her problems.
>>
We're forgetting the most important question here, guys

Who tops?
>>
File: image.jpg (188 KB, 640x448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
188 KB, 640x448
>>79708262
Gee
>>
>>79708991
No one.
>>
>>79708008
>hinted at several times
>proceeds to list the only time
And even then it only makes sense in hindsight.
>>
>>79708991
Dumbledore
>>
>>79707863
I like Asami/Korra but seeing how there was nothing other than vague references to it I would hardly call them a couple, let alone better than the pair from ATLA
>>
>>79708973
The thing with Kataang is that Katara shows interest in him ONCE. In the Lovers' Tunnel. That's one time in all three seasons. Any other hints are completely one-sided. Then suddenly at the end, bam, she's in love. With a 12-year old.
>>
>>79709063
What about the fortune teller or Day of Black Sun? Those moments where she is staring at him doesn't count?

Not to mention that they have great chemistry in general.
>>
I really like Korra/Asami. I admit it isn't a masterpiece of storytelling but I like the Characters and they are pretty hot together.
>>
>>79709063
Katara was focused on ending the war so didn't really give a shit about romance. She literally said this in Ember Island Players.

It was obvious from the first episode Katara and Aang were being set up for each other.
>>
>Katara and Aang share chemistry the entire show, including hints of jealousy when Zuko and Katara start becoming a viable endgame

>Korra spends the first entire two seasons sucking dick
>Actually, for the first season, Asami was sucking that dick before Korra started dating Asami's boyfriend she never even broke up with at the end of the first season and she just kind of went along with it, no hints she even cares or that the writers remembered she's a character
>Asami proceeds to have a ton of chemistry with Mako when his relationship with Korra seems to be wavering
Fucking what though
>>
File: ts.png (485 KB, 500x563) Image search: [Google]
ts.png
485 KB, 500x563
>>79707863
pic related
>>
>>79708864
>What is Sokka and Suki?

The most realistic pairing of the franchine.

One is funny, the other is badass, both are warriors. Two attractive teenagers that just decided to make out.
>>
>>79709075
That episode with the school dance too. She got envy of the other girls and had a shipping dance with Aang.
>>
>>79707863
>One of the romances was built up throughout the series run and experienced occasional bumps in the road

>The other came out of no where and had zero build up and no drama was involved

Gee I wonder which was better.
>>
>>79707863
Kataang for it being an endgame pair throughout the series. Love can bloom on the battlefield senpai.

As much as I celebrated for Korrasami, the last minute development drizzled on my parade a bit.
>>
>>79709075
>What about the fortune teller
That hardly counts. She didn't realize anything, it was pretty much forced on her. You'll fall in love with a guy who has X qualities and oh look Aang has those qualities.
>or Day of Black Sun?
I'm not sure which part of Day of Black Sun you're referring to, I may be forgetting something there.

>Those moments where she is staring at him doesn't count?
What moments?

>Not to mention that they have great chemistry in general.
They have great friend chemistry, I agree. But so do Korra and Asami.

>>79709128
>when Zuko and Katara start becoming a viable endgame
Stopped reading right here. Zutara was never, EVER a viable end game. Ever. There were NO hints of such an end game. Not one. There was one JOKE about it during Ember Island Players, and that was just to mess with the fanbase.

>HURR bisexuals don't exist
>Mako having chemistry with anyone
Okay, what?

>>79709203
I don't really remember her getting jealous. It might have been a hint, but it was about as buried as the Korrasami ones.
>>
File: 1454778996278.jpg (22 KB, 507x654) Image search: [Google]
1454778996278.jpg
22 KB, 507x654
>>79709261

>They have great friend chemistry, I agree. But so do Korra and Asami.

>chemistry
>Korra and Asami

For them to have a chemistry, Asami would need a personalitty.
>>
>>79709261
Well in the Fortune teller she realises that Aang is actually more than just a goofy kid, he's a great bender with responsibilities he makes an effort to take care of.
Aang kisses Katara in Day of Black Sun, and she stands left on a submarine in her own world thinking about it until someone snaps her out of it.
Those would be the moments i mentioned, there are undoubtedly more.

Aang and Katara also have great romantic chemistry it's just all around great chemistry, unlike Korra and Asami whose relationship should be a trainwreck.
>>
>>79709288
She has plenty, you just choose not to pay attention or don't like the one that gave her.
>>
File: 1454767542829.jpg (92 KB, 490x717) Image search: [Google]
1454767542829.jpg
92 KB, 490x717
>>79709261
Man, when you are the only one who can't see hints, the problem is with you.
>>
>>79709261
>she didn't realise anything
>"... just that Aang is one powerful bender."
>"I suppose he is..."
Come the fuck on, cunt
>>
>>79709298
Korrasami is the trainwreck from Unbreakable, except even Bruce Willis didn't survive.
>>
>>79709298
I guess we have to agree to disagree. She does realize he's a powerful bender and he's not a goofy kid, and that's an important prerequisite to romance. But it's still far from romance. I just don't see the romantic chemistry between the two. As for the kiss, I really didn't see Katara as acting in a way that any other friend would act when their friend suddenly kisses them. She doesn't want to hurt his feelings, but she really, really doesn't look like she shares them.

>>79709319
>knowing someone is skilled means you have feelings for them

>>79709288
>>79709312
>smug anime samefagging
>>
>>79709340
>>knowing someone is skilled means you have feelings for them
Now I'm certain you're a troll.
>>
>>79709288

More than five minutes of screen time would also help.
>>
>>79709340
The fortune teller on it's own doesn't mean romance, but if nothing else it is the start of Kataras feelings for Aang and it is in book 1 so you have to look at their other interactions from that perspective.

She is blushing and dreamy after the kiss. It is very obvious she's happy about it, not thinking about how to let him down easy.

But sure, if you can't see the obvious i guess you can disagree.
>>
>>79709352
Katara is told she will fall in love with a powerful bender. Then she realizes Aang is a powerful bender. Let me accent the key part here: she is TOLD she will fall in love with him. We don't see her doing so, we don't see her even starting to develop feelings for him. We see her realizing that her fortune is to possibly fall in love with him. This is the opposite of organic romance.

Now do you get it?
>>
>>79707863

I like the idea of Korra/Asami more than I like the idea of Katara/Aang, but I won't argue that the latter was better done.

To me Katara/Aang just never shook the sibling feel it had.
>>
>>79709374
Which acts as a catalyst that causes Katara to consider Aang differently.

Now do you get it?
>>
File: 1454771901694.jpg (175 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1454771901694.jpg
175 KB, 1920x1080
>>79709340
I'm not samfagging autistic faggot. I'm on a conversation on a thread, not pretending to be two people.

You look mad.
>>
>>79709363
Kinda hard to do that when you've got to navigate the tight path of what is allowed. Can't have nearly any of the same moments as a Male Female paring could have.

For being the first to do it openly I think it did the best that could be hoped for in something that wasn't lesbian space rocks
>>
>>79709419
Do they even count as actual lgbt, because that would be ridiculous. And i think he meant that Asami needed more screentime as a person, not wallpaper.
>>
>>79709374
She isn't told she will fall in love specifically with Aang. Katara realizes Aang fits the bill of "powerful bender" so he is a potential future husband to her. She didn't look at him this way before. After that, she does. Certainly not from an in-love perspective, but she no longer sees Aang as just-a-friend.

You're platinum retarded.
>>
>>79709261
>bisexuals don't exist
They do and that doesn't change that Korrasami was poorly done. Romantic relationships still work the same
>>
>>79709372
I don't see it as a start of Katara's feelings. See >>79709374

As for the kiss - it's her first kiss. Of course she's blushing. And kissing feels good, hence the look. But okay - I'll agree that this is a very, very big hint about their romance. But to me it was incredibly ham-fisted, because as I've said before, there was exactly one actual time where Katara was shown to maybe have any feelings for Aang, and that was in the Tunnel. Which was a loooooong time before this kiss.

>>79709401
All I get is that the creators intended for the romance to happen from the start. But they never portrayed it properly.

>>79709402
You replied twice to the same post with different smug anime reactions, saying the same thing. Then you got caught and are trying to play it off as cool and going "N-n-no, y-your mad!"

Go to bed, /a/, nobody likes you.

>>79709434
You're still under the impression that I'm defending Korrasami. I'm not. It was done badly. But not as badly as Kataang.
>>
>>79709419
Asami barelly had a personality.

Her friendship with Korra was usually boring ande baddly done, I'm not even talking about lack of romantic development likeep you are doing. Im talking about lack of chemistry with most characters all the time.

Hell, even Mako was way better interacting with the rest of the cast. Asami always felt like a glorified extra, and not a main character.
>>
>>79709441
Even with the tunnel as you say was a long time before that you would have to look at them differently after that. If she shows clear signs of interest in Aang, their interactions have different meanings after that point.
>>
>>79709441
>Kataang was a poorer romance arc than Korrasami
Literally what
>>
>>79709441

<You replied twice to the same post with different smug anime reactions, saying the same thing.

I actually used the first one to talk about Asami, and the second one to talk about the fact that you can't see Aang and Katara development and hints.

Two different subjects.

Didn't even noticed that they were the same post tho, or I would have made only one.
>>
>>79709469
It was a lot duller. Aang was a puppy eyed dumbass trying to get in her skirt from the word go.

Sure Korra and Asami were low key it was two people trying to figure shit out and weren't in any sort of relationship until the end. Would have been nice to see more more S&P will only let you get so far.

Honestly Aang and Katara could have used a bit more of the type of interactions that Korra and Asami were doing in book 4.
>>
>>79709509
>low key
It was so low key that nobody saw it coming and are retroactively trying to make any and all interactions "hinting"

Unlike Kataang, which was planned from the beginning.
>>
>>79709509
Korra and Asami weren't lowkey. The problem isn't that it was "subtle", the problem is that it wasn't there.

The relationship flat out doesn't work, and makes Bryke look like shit for not respecting their own characters.

And that not even talking about how they make Asami seem like some kind a sexual predator using her fathers death to score with Korra. Or how it sounds co-dependant and based on suffering.
>>
File: 1419466964666.jpg (95 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1419466964666.jpg
95 KB, 1280x720
>>79709542
You see you can blame that on the shitty writing, but I had no problem believing that Asami was in love with Korra. Because frankly it's the only way you can even explain why she puts up with her shit and spends a ridiculous amount of time and resources on helping her out and getting nothing in return.
Asami in sense and purpose became a beta orbiter.
>If I just do whatever she wants she'll eventually notice what a nice guy I am.
She basically has nothing else going on in her life. Korra and her company are her sole interests.
So yeah, you don't need shipping googles to pronounce her gay for the Avaclit.

However the problem stems from the fact that Korra shows not the slightest bit of interest or consideration for her until literally the last minute. It's all just casual conversation and nothing else.

So at best, the ending implies that Korra felt guilty over all the shit Asami went through on her account and due to Asami's persistently mooning over her simply gave in out of obligation.

And that's a shitty way to start a relationship if I ever saw one.
>>
>>79709659
I can buy into Asami being gay because she barely has a character. She like a blank slate you can project anything onto, which is also why every Korrasami shipper sees her differently.

I still doesn't make sense for Korrasami to be a thing. Instead it would have made sense to drop Asami after book 1 and let her do her own thing.
>>
>>79707863
Aang and Katara because of proper build-up and chemistry.
>>
>>79707863

Well, the one on the left was actually developed, and made sense.

The one on the right is just a nonsensical, crack pairing that only exists because of porn and desperate, creepy dyke fan-fiction. Canon or not, it has zero believability and zero credibility. It will never be anything more than the last ditch effort of the creators to make sure the show isn't remembered as a poorly thought out and poorly executed sequel.
>>
Girl knocking on 17 hooking up with and banging a kid that only JUST turned 12 with no hints of anything that can be considered an even slight romantic relationship

Or the chick that up to the final ep was 100% straight..but was basically the biggest dyke on the planet getting with another chick that was up to the final episode who was straigth...and is also lipstick lesbians shlick fantasy

The former is a quick hook up because the writers are lazy idiots. Let's just forget that it basically makes her into a pedo.

The latter? They hyper feminized korra and made asami visibly taller and more masculine while keeping her basically the same before they pushed out the "THEY'RE TOTES LEZZING IT UP" thing. Why? Skinnimax lezbians sell, and making Korra the clear manly dyke in the relationship would basically destroy the characters miniscule amount of marketability.
Even to the actual real world lesbians.
>>
>>79709996
Katara was fourteen you rucking mongoloid.
>>
>>79710039
At the beginning of the series yeah. But aang was barely 10 at the beginning of the series.
>>
>>79710083
The show isn't even a year.
>>
>>79710083
Aang was twelve at the start of the series.
>>
>>79709419
>For being the first to do it openly
But they really didn't do that, did they?

They left everything purposefully ambiguous and then later confirmed on twitter that it was a thing, so you can't really say they did it openly.
>>
>>79710253
Actually it was Tumblr they announced it on. I didn't find out they were a couple until well after I finished the show.
>>
>>79708768
You gotta take into account what these kids went through together. They fought a fucking war, they had to "grow up" on the battlefield. Stressful, life and death situations like that will form very strong bonds and given they were both at that hormonal age, it doesn't seem far-fetched at all that they get together.

Are they fully matured adults? No, but they've been through hell and back, stepped up to adult responsibilities and bonded over their mutual struggles.

It's a battlefield, fantasy romance.
>>
>>79710360
>12 is a hormonal age
Do you live in sub-Saharan Africa?
>>
>>79710342
>Tumblr

Welp...there you go, then.
>>
>>79707863
Stop making Korra threads. It will just descend into arguing about Korrasami, with nothing else to talk about.

If you really care so much go to /u/.
>>
>>79710369
Aang was clearly attracted to her and thought about them as being a couple, rather than regarding her as an icky girl so...
>>
Did Bryke even confirm they were a couple or was it just one of them or what? I forgot.
>>
zuko x mei.
>>
A better question is how long would you imagine it'd be for Korrasami to realize they don't even like each other and that they blew their chances with everyone else?
>>
>>79710472
For Korra? A while. She's pretty thick and stubborn.

For Asami? Almost immediately, I would think.
>>
>>79710472
They would go through the portal, look at eachother and laugh at how ridiculous of an idea it is that they would even attempt dating.
>>
>>79710472
Let's be real, Mako would be all over that in a heartbeat. I wouldn't be surprised if Korra didn't cheat on Asami with him after they have a huge fight.

I'm genuinely perplexed Mako and Asami didn't hook back up in Book 2; they were good together when they were solving mysteries together.
>>
>>79710403
That's nice. But...that doesn't mean they were destined to be together.
I had many romantic fantasies about Jessica Rabbit as a boy.
Doesn't mean we were going to hook up and start having some half cartoon babbies.

It's litterally a last minute thing that was never really built up in any real way. Like basically everything in the series.
>>
>>79710540
>Some weird role reversal from the beta orbiter interpretation someone above had
>Korra going out of her way to do anything possible to make it work
>Asami's paranoid realizing she just made the worst decision she possibly could but doesn't want to see what an angry Korra's reaction to a break up would be
>Everyone around them has moved on, living happy successful filled lives
>>
Okay, better question.

Korra/Katara or Aang/Asami?
>>
>>79709128
>Zuko and Katara start becoming a viable endgame

Katara hated his guts until right before the end.
>>
>>79709532
/co/ saw the hints and thought Bryke were trolling shippers.

Then it happened and they did an immediate about-face.
>>
>>79710931
While I am in no way defending Zutarans, Katara went from hating him, to sorta not hating him for about 30 minutes, then hating him far more than before.
>>
>>79710642
And they were absolute garbage as a couple.

Mako turns into a complete dick when he's dating anyone inside his circle of friends.
>>
>>79711033
Mako's a poorly written tool, but I thought he and Asami had something between them, unlike Korra where they tried to make their fling a real relationship and failed miserably.
>>
>>79710642
Nah.
He realizes he just temp turned a couple of obvious dykes straight. Again.

And every Chad knows not to give the dick of death to a dyke, espescially with a crazy ass bulldyke, or fatal attraction tier lipstick lez girlfriend.
So he's going to let them go about their lives clam jousting with every chick he hasn't fucked at least twice then settle down with a nice straight big tittied wide hipped air nomad chick from the boonies and start popping out the kids.
>>
>>79710986
No, /co/ was acting like crackshipper, because they realised it was a crackship. Just like the vast majority of people.

Then Bryke made it happen and everyone here got angry because it was retarded from the get go.
>>
>>79710986
>/co/ saw the hints

Like how /co/ (and every slash-shipping fandom in existence) sees the hints of lesbians in every other show with attractive females, right? And now people are just calling it bad because everyone on the board is a petty contrarian, there's no way they could see through bullshit and know well enough to admit the "hints" they saw were nothing but normal shipping-wishful-thinking that doesn't actually pay out in canon.

Do you even know how retarded you sound? Is this your first fandom or something?
>>
>>79710651
>It's litterally a last minute thing that was never really built up in any real way
I guess you didn't watch the cartoon at all nor did you read the fucking thread lmao
>>
>>79708077
At least you can say Korrasami wasn't on the nose like Kataang, which I truly despise about romance these days. Always on the fucking nose. Not that it makes a better "romance" in case of Korrasami, but I think you know what I mean.
>>
>>79708619
>Zuko/Mai
>Not Zuko/Suki
Pleb
>>
>>79711536
Not so sure, i mean it wasn't really in the show, but that last scene was pretty damn on the nose and felt forced as hell. The post ending shit with blogposts and being "progressive" only made it all worse.
>>
>>79707863
Chocolate and peanut butter.
>>
>>79711587
It wasn't that on the nose considering it left room for deniability until the confirmation. And it was really only after the confirmation that /co/ manifested it's hateboner into the extreme.

Kataang was literally forced down our throats from the very beginning and we're to believe that a 12 and 14 year old are staying together forever while it's pretty obvious that the older couple (Sokka and Suki) didn't if you actually pay attention to detail. Bullshit.

Both are bad romances, don't get me wrong, but lookimng at the facts one is more tolerable than the other if you're not a shipper at all becaue of sheer lack of exposure.
>>
>>79711536
While I did roll my eyes at the many "Aang has a huge crush on Katara" moments, their relationship is more viable overall just because of the dynamics between characters.

Even if you were being a huge "I'm sorry I don't see it :^)" Kataang contrarian like the one arguing half the thread away, there's no possible way for anyone to deny that Katara and Aang had more, better interactions throughout their series than Korra and Asami ever did in theirs.

As many have pointed out, Asami suffered from a lack of exposure in the series, to the point her character can come off a bit vague or a bit too open to interpretation (I wouldn't say she has no personality, but she's definitely more of a blank slate than many other main-cast characters). Korra and Asami's friendship was cute, but it felt a bit superficial and tacked-on compared to the many moments of friendship Aang and Katara had. Such a strong relationship of trust and respect gives a better groundwork to a future intimate relationship than any narrated letters and split-second blushing ever will.
>>
>>79711674
I'd agree one is more tolerable than the other, but i think we disagree on which one.
>>
>>79711684
>Even if you were being a huge "I'm sorry I don't see it :^)" Kataang contrarian like the one arguing half the thread away, there's no possible way for anyone to deny that Katara and Aang had more, better interactions throughout their series than Korra and Asami ever did in theirs.
I'm not arguing that anyway. And you're right, but I just found their romance hard to swallow. Mind you a lot of romance these days is just shit plain and simple so alone for the lack of exposure thing I have less of a problem with Korra and Asami. Hell I'll gladly fap to any porn it produced and leave it at that (as should /co/ in general do, but I guess it wouldn't be /co/ then).
>>
>>79711883
Probably. And that's fine. It's hard to find someone to talk calmly about this topic since a lot of people here are usually to busy frothing at their mouth and screaming when it comes to Korra even over a year after its conclusion.
>>
>>79707950
>But not when one of them is fucking twelve.
Katara is only 13 or 14. There are also many episodes backing up the pairing.
>>
File: 1425522206344.jpg (47 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1425522206344.jpg
47 KB, 720x480
>>79708008
>What? Why?
backstabbing in S01/S02

>Like the fact that Asami is the only person Korra stayed in contact with after season 3
except for her parents, and tenzin. Does she love tenzin?

>even during season 3, the two would share looks
Tenzin also looked at Korra. Mako, Bolin.. i think even the earth queen.

>Korra would blush at things Asami said
it happened one time, and it happened with other characters as well without meaning anything romantic. Example of pic related.
>>
>>79712087
Not that anon, but are you still together and married to your very first childhood crush ever?
That the comics don't even show them as getting in even into fights makes it even more stupid.
>>
Dykeshit didn't ruin lok but it sure took a giant stinking shit all over its rotting corpse.
>>
>>79708768
>They're definitely there
no, they're not.
>>
>>79712143
>Tenzin also looked at Korra. Mako, Bolin.. i think even the earth queen.
Well Mako and Bolin clearly hat the hots for Korra and Tenzin is known to go for younger pussy...
>>
>>79712154
While they were their first crush, they kinda traveled the world together and then saved it. They trust each other with their lives.

It's not an ordinary relationship.
>>
>>79712154
Not having any fights is unrealistic yeah. But some people do in fact stay with their first crush forever.
>>
>>79709299
not him, but Asami is cardboard cut character. She is just plot device, not character. The only reason she is in S03 is to give Korra a zeppeling because somehow that's more important than her industry. Wanna give her character? make her tell Korra, the girl that took her boyfriend twice, to fuck off.
>>
>>79708472
needs to be repeated

korra and asami romantically does not exists (only in fanfiction)
>>
>>79709419
>Kinda hard to do that when you've got to navigate the tight path of what is allowed
Nick said it was okay. They were just incompetent. Also, if you can't do it right, don't do it at all

>For being the first to do it openly
>the first
>openly
opinion discarded.
>>
>>79712154
i don't think they had many options. At least not Katara. Literally only her brother in her tribe.

>>79712173
now you gave me a mental image.
>>
>>79712197
So have Suki and Sokka if you think about it, and there's not even a single indication they stayed together forever, what with lack of kids from Sokka and all.

>>79712252
I think it was actually "Nick said it was OK as long as it was not overt", overt being the keyword here.

At least it's not the whole "can't make Marceline and Bubblegum a couple because bullshit reasons" we've gotten from Adventure Time.
>>
>>79712286
>i don't think they had many options. At least not Katara. Literally only her brother in her tribe.
Katara had a small crush on Haru and Jet, so not like she didn't meet other dudes.
>>
>>79712345
>stayed together forever, what with lack of kids from Sokka and all.

Maybe Sokka was infertile.
>>
>>79712345
From what Bryke said about it, nick allowed it but no kissing. Kissing seems to be the only restriction.
>>
File: 1432054387236.png (194 KB, 372x447) Image search: [Google]
1432054387236.png
194 KB, 372x447
>>79712345
>I think it was actually "Nick said it was OK as long as it was not overt", overt being the keyword here.
i don't think Nick stated the relationship shouldn't appear at all when they said "it is okay". Bryke were just incompetent. Hell, they did change the ending at the last second (one woman that was working on it was even surprised that they changed the ending)

>At least it's not the whole "can't make Marceline and Bubblegum a couple because bullshit reasons"
because that would come from nowhere and wouldn't make sense.
>>
File: 1455005616975.png (149 KB, 235x370) Image search: [Google]
1455005616975.png
149 KB, 235x370
>>79712374
That, and probably the obviously handholding and looking deep into the eyes shit (with brimming eyeballs and all that jazz) which is a
staple in romance.

>>79712369
And how would he have made Suyin with Toph?
Nah he was cucked by Zuko of all people
>>
>>79712425
>because that would come from nowhere and wouldn't make sense.
You know I was about to say that I agree with all you said but then you had to fuck it up with this line.
>>
>>79712437
They did the handholding though, and Nick allowed that seemingly with no problems.
>>
>>79712437
>And how would he have made Suyin with Toph?

Is that even canon?
>>
>>79712224
The creators themselves said they're gay as springtime now.

Not bi, not questioning, FULL ON LESBIANS.
>>
>>79712470
it's true. Didn't watch the 7 season yet but i heard they were throwing some bones for the shippers on it, and on the comics. But that's just it.
>>
>>79712523
And they're retarded for saying that.
>>
File: 1454792135608.jpg (47 KB, 638x359) Image search: [Google]
1454792135608.jpg
47 KB, 638x359
Was confirmed that Sokka doesn't had kids or people are just using their headcanons as facts?
>>
>>79712345
They won't make marceline and bubblegum canon because they would actively have to write them out.
They would retroactively make bubble gum a titanic sociopathic bitch and marceline a backstaber and there would be litterally no reason what so ever for Finn to stay in the candy kingdom or ooo.

It's much more profitable and safer for them to float the THEY'S GAY for the thirsty loser lesbians and romantically starved female audience then to go full on SU.
>>
>>79712523
Oh, right. Our heterogoggles were just on too tight to tell.

Fuck them for saying that bullshit.
>>
>>79712523
Sorry, they said that they are bi. I actually read the post today.
>>
kataang

i really don't know how korra and asami's day to day life is supposed to unfold as a couple, i can't imagine them actually being together so much as asami continues to stand in the background making :'( faces with the occasional :) one when korra looks at her
>>
>>79712472
That was the utmost limit they were allowed.
>>
>>79712530
And that tweet were it was said they used to be a couple in the past. Or are word of god comments not valid anymore after Bryke?

>>79712523
No they did not. The horizon during the last scene was the bi pride flag in fact.
>>
>>79707863
The one that had actual development
>>
>>79712602
The only thing we know they were not allowed to do was kissing according to them. So they had a lot of options and didn't take any of them.
>>
>>79712490
Given what we know about Suyin, like collecting meteorites (like the one Sokka's space sword was from), having a slightly darker skin tone compared to her mom and ister and obviously being a bit more irresponsible (like Sokka also was) I wouldn't call it farfetched.
>>
>>79712623
So Korrasami? Yeah, I agree.
>>
>>79712523
bryan has specifically referred to them as bisexual

>>79712575
it wasn't confirmed iirc but one of bryke basically admitted they didn't think of of what sokka/suki did as they got older or whether or not they had kids while lok was being made
>>
File: Bobby.jpg (258 KB, 1079x864) Image search: [Google]
Bobby.jpg
258 KB, 1079x864
>>79712523
Seriously? Is this Bendis tier "You're more full gay" shit? I want to know what I missed.
>>
>>79712575
They never show his kids or bring them or his old lady up in the show.
He just shows up in flashbacks acts like a cunt and dissappears.
So either the lifetime of highly strenuous activity and constant physical assaults from being a warrior rendered suki infertile or his kids are living normal happy lives removed from the avatar.
>>
>>79712575
Confirmed with an official family tree for the characters. Tenzin, Bumi and Kya have no official cousins. Which is weird considering that Suki and Sokka obviously went at it.
>>
>>79712639
bryke didn't like tokka while atla was being made (iirc it was a diaz ship), so unless they changed their minds it seems unlikely.
>>
>>79707950
>>79712154
ZOOtarians detected

>Not that anon, but are you still together and married to your very first childhood crush ever?

Big ZOOtara argument right there. Why don't they have realistic relationships in my fantasy series with magical kung fu powers and lion turtles.
>>
>>79712678
what is diaz?
>>
>>79712667
>or his kids are living normal happy lives removed from the avatar.

I feel like that would be the best course of action in retrospect.
>>
>>79712596
Bryan said that. Mike had the decency to keep his post tame and was pretty much "they's a couple now, bye" whereas Bryan went on a long tangent. I'd rather take the word of the writer over the main artist.
>>
>>79712590
Why would you use lesbian-bait to market to women? That seems backwards
>>
>>79712663
In a post on tumblr or some other shitty site like that, he outright stated that they are both highly gay and shagging in the spirit realm.
>>
>>79712678
considering how they changed their minds all the time during LoK it wouldn't surprise me if they changed their mind about Tokka too.
>>
>>79712154
>That the comics don't even show them as getting in even into fights makes it even more stupid.
that's 100% what's going to happen to korrasami. all of korra's development/meaningful interactions are going to be tied to mako, tenzin, or the villain who this time killed her mom and raped her dad.
>>
It always strikes me as funny when people try to defend korrasami by saying "How could you not see the signs!"

That they were being nice to each other, and were friends?

Internet lesbos are just as bad as those boys who think a girl is showing interest or in love with them just because she complemented them.
>>
>>79712688
>Zoo
Nick and Judy have more chemistry than all Avatar couples combined.
>>
>>79712632
This is the legit first time anyone had ever done this kinda thing in a western cartoon and been open about it. It wasn't going to be perfect. Ended rather well IMO.
>>
>>79712640
So you never actually watched either show then, gotcha
>>
>>79712724
>Ended rather well IMO.
Too bad the lead-up was shit.
>>
>>79712668
At no point should you ever EVER for one second think that Bryke thinks anything through.
They don't.
They make it up as they go along and most things they make up or either cribbed or are put in there so they can get a few more eps.
>>
>>79712725
Nah, fuck off. Kataang was forced as shit.

Aang was just rewarded with Katara for being the hero. They had no chemistry whatsoever.
>>
>>79712723
Well all except for Zukox Mai and Sokka xSuki. They played out like real teen relationships actually do. As in constant kissing/fondling heavy petting, hormones etc
>>
>>79712699
nah dude, the only time bryke has extensively talked about korrasami on tumblr has been those posts after the finale and they both used the word bisexual when speaking about them.

>>79712724
didn't steven universe have them beat? didn't jailbreak air in january 2014?
>>
>>79712667
More like Suki actually acts like a woman and tries to bag the more elligible husband (the richer one) by going for Zuko who pretty much needs her protection (so she can also fullfil her warrior schtick and dominance way better).

'sides wouldn't Sokka's kids have a bit of a say so when it comes to the South because Sokka was the former Chief, who became Chief after his father passed on so clearly there used to be a hereditary system there
>>
>>79712724
It was shit. They had to wait a few weeks so they could get their stories straight before "confirming" it over Tumblr of all places.

You could argue that they didn't even showed LGBT in lok at all. And even if you think they did, i doubt they were the first to do it.
>>
>>79712745
This.

The reason ATLA was as coherent as it was was solely because of all the other writers that Brkye felt they didn't need when they started Korra.
>>
>>79712745
So, like AtlA?
Finally someone that admits it through and through.
>>
>>79712737
There was a lead up?

>>79712755
>Nah, fuck off. Kataang was forced as shit.

If only Aang had tied her to a tree and threatened her, right? That was some chemistry there , boy! Fuck off.
>>
>>79712737
Still don't see the problem. Series ended with two friends finding they were more than friends and going off to figure that out. Fine by me.
>>
Wow, two terrible couples. Two absolutely shoehorned conclusions to provide some half-assed closure.

I thought the way Katara and Aang develop feelings for the other was an awkward but cute shuffle. It makes sense that way because they are kids, and they have no idea how to fully deal with their feelings anyway. It seemed natural. I always thought it was gonna end with Aang looking off into the sunset, Katara walks up to him and Aang says something along the lines of "Now that I saved the world, I have to rebuild mine. Establishing another Air-bending race is going to take a long time".
And Katara says something like "Well, no matter how long it takes I'll be with you every step of the way" Implying that they might get together in the future when they have developed their consciousness fully. But right then and there, married forever. Then we had to deal with that "sweetie" shit in the comics because it ended on that. All the side romances were great for me. I think Sokka and Suki was good enough romance for the series. I guess suggestive MC endings keep the fans awake at night. Like Korra does!

The lack of grace in build-up is fucking abysmal in LoK compared to ATLA. I actually like the idea of Korra going between many different relationships to find her true sexuality. It seems realistic for the age that she is to explore rather than establish marriage-level relationship promptly. However any single guiding principle that could have unified the disjointed mess of Korra in any sense was scarce. It was hard enough Asami didn't have much screen time. We were lucky for the show to have a single focus for five minutes.

Between Aang eventually acting as high-hopes male insertion (all puns intended) and Korra acting like a whimsical whore (a fact brushed to the side by lesbianism), I would abolish romance in Avatar.
>>
>>79712777
I'm bi and yeah, I wouldn't consider LOK to be 'LGBT friendly' or recommend it to any friends who are specifically looking for same sex relationships.
>>
>>79712763
>steven universe
Always skirts around the issue by saying "mono-gendered that appear female" when it comes to that.

>>79712777
>Weeks
They waited until after the weekend the last episodes aired you idiot.
>>
>>79712780
So basically one writer since a lot of those writers came back and from my experience the one that DIDN'T is suddenly /co/'s godsend that made AtlA great.
>>
>>79712820
ATLA was originally going to end with Katara and Aang just hugging but they changed it because of the shipwars. So I guess you can blame Zutarans for that.
>>
>>79712814
>Korra:Hey, Mako's a faggot
>Asami:Hey i also think Mako's a faggot
>Korra: Cool, wanna fuck?
>uh..ok.
>>
>>79712814
This is the ultimate Korrasami cop out. Oh no Bryke didn't need to do their job because the relationship is just starting! nvm it got the most important scene of a finale.

It's a shit pairing that wouldn't ever work. Unfortunately Bryke actually gets to make comics which will shit even more on the characters of LoK so they can score more brownie points.
>>
>>79712849
I just felt bad for Mako in the end of all of this.
>>
>>79712849
>>79712853
So?
Enjoy the porn and that's it. Or can't you fap to it anymore because you get cock issues over something like this?
>>
>>79712853
We don't even know if that's when the relationship even started. I assumed they got together before the wedding but I don't know when that happened because they barely even acknowledged each other during the fight with the mecha. Like, you know, one of you two might die and you actually have an opportunity to say something, but they didn't.
>>
>>79712828
Pretty sure it was atleast 2 weeks. Doesn't change the fact that they waited a long time to do it. Probably had to think up a story so they could convince the shippers and not sound like complete hacks.
>>
>>79712694

I'm guessing Bryan is the one with issues and the one that keeps fucking up scripts.
>>
>>79712698
Any form of romance is marketable to women.

It's nowhere near as marketable as het romance, and can even backfire huge.
But since they've shown they have no talent at it and don't have the balls to sell it correctly, they decided to use it as a stunt.
I mean, for fucks sake, the culimation of a relationship isn't them fighting like cats and dogs for fuck all reasons, it's the build up TOO a relationship where they can put in signals where adults can safely assume they fucked like coked up bunnies who were rolling on X offscreen and they start getting lovey dovey as fuck with the occasional blow up to their old prehatefuck ways and create a slightly adversarial relationship.

That shit sells. Can't pull a moonlighting thing where the only thing TOO the relationship was the adversarial and constant build up with no real payoff.

That and korra herself was in no way relatable to the average girl, and the ones she did relate too hated the romance with mako. Mainly because they's gay or, in the rare instance, wanted a different kind of dude.

When you do romance or shit like that for women, you have to have at the very least a dozen different dudes around each for every taste OR have a bunch of different women along with dudes and a stable relationship.
>>
>>79712922
No they waited until like the Sunday/Monday after the finale aired to talk about it.
>>
>>79712879
I hate Korrasami because it's shit. The porn is retarded too.

>>79712896
They shouldn't have gotten together at all. And saying Bryke didn't need to do build up is a cop out.
>>
>>79712875
He was such a fucking cunt in the first season, but they luckily made him more likable and all it took was him breaking up with Korra. Frankly Mako/Korra/Bolin should have just been bros, running around fucking people's shit up.

>>79712879
I have no problem with Korra getting with Asami, i would have been more annoyed at her ending up with Mako. My problem is how it's just thrown in there at the last minute. It's badly handled no matter how progressive ( for US animation anyway) it is.

And those who think it had more delelopment than Kataang are retards or Zootarians ( same thing i know)
>>
>>79712848
I don't know why Mike and Bryan even care. Why would they even care?
>>
The only ship between the Krew that would have made sense with book 4's setup was Masami. If I were Korra and the one bitch I tried to reach out to through out the three years I was gone couldn't even be assed to write back, I'd drop her ass.
>>
>>79712922
>December 22, 2014
Was not two weeks after the finale.

>>79712927
Very much so. He's also vegan. When it comes to creator comments I always listen to Mike's input, because he vetoed Korrasami way back when Bryan brought it up during Book 1's production.
>>
>>79713005
>>79712945
Fair enough. Still a long time though.
>>
>>79710651
Really doesn't have anything to do with destiny, just that there was an attraction that came to the forefront after all their struggles were over.

And I highly doubt you and Jessica Rabbit fought a war together. Or exist in the same reality.
>>
>>79712755
Reward? She's a consolation prize at best.
She fluctuated between treating him like a little annoying brother too being a know it all bitch with little in the way of romantic anything.

She's basically hot because she's the only chick in the group. If there was one feminine chick who liked him treated him as an equal and was relatively cute and same aged. He'd have been all over that.

>>79712875
Why?
He turned two dykes he dumped straight through the force of Thunderdick. He is a credit to all Chad's.
Hell, he'd be able to get back with either one of them if he wanted and you know when their clocks start ticking they're gonna go to him for the babby batter.

For the rest of his life he'll say "Know the avatar and the biggest industrialist in the city? You know the pre-eminant lez power couple? I fucked their brains out"
Gets instant bro fist.
>>
>>79712990
Because the Zutarans were batshit and it probably wasn't a decision made JUST by Bryke. Kataang was ALWAYS intended to be the canon endgame ship, kiss or no kiss, they just decided to actually cement it because they knew the shipping portion of the fandom would tear itself apart if the ending was too vague.
>>
>>79712958
Learn to disassociate porn from actual shipping and you'll be a much happier individual.

>>79712963
>And those who think it had more delelopment than Kataang are retards or Zootarians ( same thing i know)
Never said that, and if I met someone that claimed that I would slap their shit. Even on /u/ a lot of anons complain how it was poorly developed and wished there was more. I guess that what the comics will be about (seeing as Mike said hecould pull shit that wouldn't have flown on TV there), but those won't have the great animation and music to back it up.
>>
>>79713022
Two days isn't really long. Sounds more like they waited until they were sure a lot of people actually saw the finale. I myself only got to watch it on that sunday.
>>
If what Bryan has said is any indication, Mako is probably going to get together with Izumi's daughter. Which is... really weird.
>>
>>79713005

I'm surprised Mike did not fought back and had the decency to make a stand. They are a creative TEAM.
>>
>>79713089
Who really cares what Bryan says at this point?

>>79713094
Maybe Bryan had been pushing for it the whole time and Mike just got sick of it and caved?
>>
>>79713049
>Reward? She's a consolation prize at best.
>She fluctuated between treating him like a little annoying brother too being a know it all bitch with little in the way of romantic anything.
>She's basically hot because she's the only chick in the group. If there was one feminine chick who liked him treated him as an equal and was relatively cute and same aged. He'd have been all over that.

That post just made me realize that Katara truly was the Hermione of the group. Sheesh.
>>
>>79713067
I don't usually have a problem with porn vs actual shipping, but this one pairing is so jarring because of the way it turned out that i just can't seperate it in this instance.
>>
>>79713094
Because by doing Korrasami they basically ensured they'll always have a job creating something. Now they and whoever they work for can slap the "BY THE GUYS WHO MADE LEGEND OF KORRA, YOU KNOW THE ONE WITH THE BISEXUALS" label on anything they make. It was a fucking smart business move, especially since they seem to be sticking to a YA market.
>>
>>79713094
>>79713113
Well Mike and the rest of the writers backed it at the end from what Mike said. Probably to stick it to Nick because they would all lose their job anyway after it was done.

And then Nick tried to milk that shit for all it's worth. I honestly don't know what is worse in this case.
>>
>>79713133
There are a LOT of worse couples in animation, hell, even in movies. You think Korrasami is bad?
That shit is nothing to the age old Matt/Sora hookup from Digimon.
>>
>>79713164
>And then Nick tried to milk that shit for all it's worth
I actually feel like Nick has done the bare minimum to acknowledge Korrasami. All I can remember them doing is the soccer game and the 'top ten Korrasami' moments on their site.

Shit, Asami's not even in the image for Zwyer's figurine lineup.
>>
>>79713204
I haven't watched those it seems. But i watched this one, and i liked the characters even if they were awful people from time to time. And to see the creators and fans shit that hard on them just fucked it all up.

I have no doubt >>79713141 is right.
>>
>>79713204
It just goes to show that you should NEVER, NEVER listen to what the fandom (thinks it) wants.
>>
>>79713258
If Digimon actually listened to their fandom it would have been Tai and Sora that hooked up. Yet we got a literal last minutes hook up with not even those small nilly willy hints that Korra and Asami got. Believe me after that Korrasami is pure gold in comparision.
>>
>>79707863
At least the relationship on the last airbender was build up since season 1 and not made as a last minute bullshit for muh progressiveness
>>
>>79713341
>If Digimon actually listened to their fandom it would have been Tai and Sora that hooked up.

You serious? The Matt and Sora shippers were the proto-Zutarans. There weren't many of them, but boy were they LOUD.
>>
>>79713341
Doesn't america changed the characters on the dub?
>>
>>79707863
If anybody says that Asami and Korra were the better couple, they don't understand what the words "better" and/or "couple" mean.
>>
>>79713355
I'm pretty sure the Tai/Sora and even the Tai/Matt crowd was way louder. There's a reason three shipping fandoms (Tai/Sora, Tai/Matt and Matt/Mimi) ganged up on Sora after that ending. I still rememer an interview with the producer that said he never wanted Tai/Sora to hook up because he didn't like the trope that the hero always gets the girl and that he intended for Matt/Sora to be endgame from the very beginning. Shoulda written some shit to reinforce that one.
Guess that's what Tri will be partly about now.
>>
>>79713392
>or "couple"
I think no one on /co/ actually knows what that really means.
>>
>>79713392
You were just wearing those hetero lenses too tightly and were unable to see those deep, heartfelt moments between the two. Like after the first time they see each other in three years after the last time Asami saw Korra stuck in a wheelchair and looking miserable, Asami complimented her hair. That was fucking BRAVE of Bryke to do, entire generations will be D E F I N E D by this couple.
>>
>>79712875
>implying Mako isn't balls deep in Lin"Best Girl" Bei-Fong right now.
>>
>>79713455
>>
>>79713452
Speak for yourself, ya virgin.
>>
>>79713455
There are actually people who believe that. Hell i saw someone say thet LoK had something to do with the supreme court decision about gay marriage.
>>
>>79713428
It pains me to say that I'm STILL angry about that one.
>>
>>79713508
Go back to /u/ with that shit ship
>>
>>79713455
I always wondered if people who seriously used the hetero-lenses argument realized the implications there about homosexuality/bisexuality. Shit's backwards as fuck.
>>
>>79713556
>wondering if these people are self-aware
Either you've not had as much exposure to them to know the answer is no (keep it that way), or you are really stupid and naive.
>>
>>79713582
I'm an optimist who likes to believe people are smarter then we seem to treat them. So probably the latter.
>>
File: digimon-adventure-tri-reunion-1.jpg (404 KB, 1280x899) Image search: [Google]
digimon-adventure-tri-reunion-1.jpg
404 KB, 1280x899
>>79713551
Maybe you should reflect on that and think if staying mad at Korrasami is even worth getting angry about.
At the very least Korrasami won't see another animation. Matt/Sora is now only gonna get really shown.
>>
>>79713624
I'm not even mad at Korrasami, though.

I just think it's really dumb.
>>
>>79713637
I don't really care about it. As long as it's not either of them with Mako all is good in my book. Those were some toxic relationships right there.
>>
>>79713679
By the time book 4 happened either of them getting back together with Mako wouldn't have been bad. Between the two of them though I would have gone for Mako/Asami.
>>
>>79713714
Nah thanks. I think even they realized that it wasn't worth the potential drama and after 3 years it's pretty realistic that there were no romantic feelings left. I could have seen Asami and Mako hooking up during those 3 years maybe. Three years is a long ass time.
>>
>>79713455
It's true.
And people who hated Season 2 had some really bigoted "competent storytelling" lenses on.
>>
File: 3429.jpg (83 KB, 500x290) Image search: [Google]
3429.jpg
83 KB, 500x290
>>79713821
>>
File: Borra laughing.png (143 KB, 444x250) Image search: [Google]
Borra laughing.png
143 KB, 444x250
>>79713821
I actually laughed at that.
>>
>>79712604
> Or are word of god comments not valid anymore after Bryke?
they were never valid in the first place. They don't even own the series.
>>
>>79713907
What if we just got Korra and Bolin instead of Korrasami?
>>
File: 1421267113465.gif (1 MB, 250x198) Image search: [Google]
1421267113465.gif
1 MB, 250x198
>>79713821
>>79714174
Maybe the show wouldn't have been such shit.
>>
>>79714174
This would have actually been better. Opal turned out to be quite the cunt. She's a miniature Suyin now. The thing is, Bolin would be getting his brother's sloppy seconds.
>>
File: Borra3.jpg (599 KB, 1280x1492) Image search: [Google]
Borra3.jpg
599 KB, 1280x1492
>>79714174
Depends on when. If everything up to book 4 had still been the same i would say no. If Borra had been endgame from book 1 forward it would have been way better.

Also we wouldn't have had to sit through Makorra either which would also have improved the show a lot.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.