[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Normies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 25
File: I am Batman.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
I am Batman.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
They bother me bc this shit:

"OMG BATMAN IS SO COOL!"

"Yeah, I was reading in Nightwing New52 about how when Barbra gets her back messed up by the Joker. . ."

"What are you talking about?"

"Do you not read the comics?"

"No. I don't have the time for it!"

"It would literally take you 5 minutes, but you have the time for a movie that isn't even maybe 1/2 accurate?

"THE MOVIES ARE SO COOL!"
>>
File: 1454583103168.png (246 KB, 1136x717) Image search: [Google]
1454583103168.png
246 KB, 1136x717
>I'm smug about reading capeSHIT
>>
>The Deadpool movie is literally like when he first appeared

Why would you lie like that?
>>
>>79694811
>a movie that isn't even maybe 1/2 accurate

IT'S

F I C T I O N
I
C
T
I
O
N
>>
>>79694877
It's not about being smug, I'm sure you would feel the same way when someone does it to whatever you love.

>>79694889
I'm not going to say anything to DP cause I need to catch up on the comics.

>>79694912
Accurate to what has happened. Whether or not it's fiction.
>>
I have a feeling OP is a fucking normie too.
>>
>>79694811
>Getting annoyed over Big Two stuff
Fucking casual
>>
>>79695138
I have a feeling that OP is a fag.
>>
>>79694811
I can't be bothered to fucking read issues upon issues of capeshit either. Movies are the optimal format for superheroes.
>>
>>79695098
>accurate to what has happened

Wow, it's like you don't even grasp the "fiction" concept.

Comic book movies != comic books

They are different. Always have been, always will be. There is no "accurate" comic book film.

You're silly.
>>
You're silly for assuming people even in this day where it's cool to be a 'nerd' will do something so stigmatized as reading comic books.
>>
>>79695172
I'd rather be a fag than a normie

>>79695170
it's more of a reference than actually anything. I'm a bigger Nightwing fan

>>79695187
Granted, don't get me wrong, I love the movies too but I just mostly hate normies

>>79695199
I've come to the simple conclusion of:
Never expect the movies to ever really get down what's going on in the comic books.

and I'm ok with this, at least get the gist at least.

I mean take catwoman. They made her die and bring her back, and she had the powers. She was already skilled because of training. Why is this so hard to work with?
>>
>>79695375
>I'm a bigger Nightwing fan
Who's your favorite Nighwing writer?
>>
>>79695501
Marv Wolfman, also because he did the Teen Titans movie.
>>
>>79695734
What.
>>
File: 1454873996961.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2951) Image search: [Google]
1454873996961.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2951
>OMG I love Deadpool! He's so funny and randumb, LMAOOOOO

Being a DP fan is sad times....
>>
>>79694811

So do you take medication for your autism?
>>
Capeshit fans are the casuals you casual
>>
>>79696043
It's only going to get better/worse with the movie.
>>
File: angry-kid3-1024x682.jpg (79 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
angry-kid3-1024x682.jpg
79 KB, 1024x682
>>79694811
>Anyone that does not read as much as me is shit and should not be allowed to like things I like!
>>
File: action311_king-superman.jpg (94 KB, 500x728) Image search: [Google]
action311_king-superman.jpg
94 KB, 500x728
>>79695098
>Accurate to what has happened. Whether or not it's fiction.

None of it has happened. Because it is fiction. There are many different comic interpretations for each character to begin with. How do you determine which is the "accurate" one?

For example, is pic related more or less accurate than the current superman comics? Why?
>>
for me normies are cool, they loves more easily mean-spirited stuff with stupid fun humor unlike internet people thinking they are smarter and always talking about plots and dramas.
>>
>>79696009
google him.

>>79696043
Ryan said he's loved DP since he could remember and he was thrilled about the movie and still is.
So I see it like this:
!. Either accepted it as what it is and cut a bunch of things
@. they made it as accurate to the comic and that's ok

>>79696099
explain why you're an asshole

>>79696243
no thats not it anon, it's the people who are dumbfucks. I don't care if someone likes batman but doesn't actually read the comics. What my issue is that refusing to know more than what the general media pushes on people. This should want you to read them

>>79696251
im saying what has happened in the comics. Sure, I get it, it's ok to make a different version of it. Keeping it original to what it was based on then slowly doing a build up to what it is today. I'm ok with seeing like 5 different versions of Batman. My dad even said, ever since he was reading in his teens that they've changed Batman so many times, and over the years, he's gotten more and more gorey
>>
>>79696399
I know who Marv Wolfman is you dolt, what movie? The cancelled Judas Project movie or the show's movie that he had no connection to at all?
>>
>>79694811
Christ you're a faggot.
>>
>>79694811

>It would literally take you 5 minutes, but you have the time for a movie that isn't even maybe 1/2 accurate?

Really Anon? 5 minutes to read up on everything Batman related? It would take more than 5 minutes to enjoy a single issue of the new 52 let alone catch up on the 50 plus issues of Batman and all of the fucking tie ins you assume everyone in a fucking hot topic shirt has read and studied.

I don't walk up to people on the fucking bus and accuse them of being a casual because they don't know how to build a fucking bus you moron. Let them enjoy a character from what they have seen for fuck sake.
>>
>OP is a faggot
>OP starts a thread, spews his faggotry all over it
>Anons call him out left and right
>"N-no, y-y-you just don't g-get it!"

Stop
>>
>>79696399

>no thats not it anon, it's the people who are dumbfucks. I don't care if someone likes batman but doesn't actually read the comics. What my issue is that refusing to know more than what the general media pushes on people. This should want you to read them

DC and Marvel ARE the general media you fucking gimp.

And how can you say you don't care if someone likes Batman but doesn't read the comics and then go on to say your issue is that people didn't go out of their way to read the comics and learn more about the character?
>>
>>79696399
So, if you're okay with different versions of a character, why are you upset that normies happen to like the version that appears in a particular movie instead of one that appears in a comic?
>>
>>79696383
they are prolly talking about the simple plots and don't think ahead compared to what I've seen giant discussions here on /co/ or at my comic book store.

>>79696454
he wrote a couple of comics.
I thought he worked on a TT's comic, never looked into it so i didn't know more than that. but i know he wrote some nightwing.

>>79696520
>>79696690
That is completely different. I'm talking about the history of said comics and knowing more about it. Batman was also a general use, not completely saying to only know batman. When it comes to Batman and Superman, it's just easier cause they are 2 of the biggest household names you can mention and almost everyone knows their main back story. But when people question things that happen in the comics, it all depends on what in the comics and if they want to learn it or not, then they do or don't have the right to question it.

>don't want to learn more about it
>don't have the "right" in a sense to question it

>Wants to learn it
>then does

>>79696743
I'm all for people getting into comics, buying their first issues, wanting to read up on everything because of general media, but what bothers me are the people who are ONLY movie goers and don't know shit about the comics. This is just on the inside of me. I'm not lam enough to go out of my way to sperge outside the internet. But I can feel it in my head tho
>>
>>79696984
>he wrote a couple of comics.
>I thought he worked on a TT's comic, never looked into it so i didn't know more than that. but i know he wrote some nightwing.
Holy fuck you are the most casual of casual aren't you?

How can you sit here and get mad about people not knowing fuck about comics when you don't know fuck about them either?
>>
>>79694811
That's literally me dressed as Batman
>>
>>79696399
>>>79696243 (You)
>no thats not it anon, it's the people who are dumbfucks. I don't care if someone likes batman but doesn't actually read the comics. What my issue is that refusing to know more than what the general media pushes on people. This should want you to read them

Yea no, it really is "If you do not dedicate your life to it as much as me then you should not be allowed to read it at all.

Your fanboy autism is blinding you to the reality.
>>
>>79696399
>What my issue is that refusing to know more than what the general media pushes on people.

DC comics, the #1 largest comics company on Earth and the second most well known character published by said company IS THE GENERAL MEDIA YOU FUCKING DUMBSHIT.

Anon was right, you are pissed because they do not go into as much *deep lore* as you with useless shit that happened 30+ years ago that nobody but autistic shit cares about for your lore trivia.
>>
>>79697020
>>79697117
I'd rather someone at least do a little research on comics, whether it be Batman, Spiderman, Deadpool, Cable, Xmen. . . whatever, then sit here and tell me that they would only watch the movies than read a comic. Now, is the movie much more entertaining? Of course. Unless it's catwoman

My point is, that people who try and walk around acting like "real fans" are nothing but the "fan boys" that don't want to at least know a little.

More or less the Movie goers.

And sense when is /co/ so fucking casual about this kind of subject? Normally you guys would be like "NO YOU HAVE TO KNOW EVERY LITTLE DETAIL ABOUT SAID THING" at least like 3 years ago. Had a feeling this was a bad idea.
>>
>>79697224
It's because you're back pedaling like crazy and you're the exact kind of person you're talking about.
>>
>>79697321
im not back peddling, I'm merely saying it's ok but not ok, it's more of a minor annoyance if anything. I can live with it. I have for a long time. I just run into the movie goers all the time. After some time, you would start to see it like me but I bet you don't cause you prolly don't talk about it with people. I commonly wear a hero shirt so people strike up a conversation. And yes, I was reading the flash and wearing a flash shirt "before it was cool" concept, along with my Batman beyond shirt.
>>
File: hades.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
hades.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>79694912
Remember when Disney made Hera a loving and caring mother? And Zues was a supportive and caring father? And Hades was this evil cold hearted cut throat bastard? Good thing it's fiction so they don't completely fuck up established characters / stories.
>>
>>79697457
>I'm merely saying it's ok but not ok
Please just stop.
>>
>>79697551
Thank you for cherry picking!

>>79697502
this
>>
File: not misbehaving.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
not misbehaving.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
Autism thread?
>>
>>79697224
>I'd rather someone at least do a little research on comics, whether it be Batman, Spiderman, Deadpool, Cable, Xmen. . .

This is EXACTLY what I just said. You want them to have to read just as much as you or not be allowed to like anything.

Besides, who the fuck are you that other people you don't know must have to prove themselves to you to like a character or not? Someone can like a movie and not like a book and never once need your personal approval. Nobody anywhere ever is required to a single damn thing you want to like anything.

That's what a personal opinion is anon.
>>
>>79697224
>My point is, that people who try and walk around acting like "real fans" are nothing

..oh you're one of those fags. I'm sure you cry about Tom Bombadil not appearing in the Lord of the Rings movies every night too.
>>
File: 1449625808179.gif (333 KB, 289x149) Image search: [Google]
1449625808179.gif
333 KB, 289x149
I got told by the Normies who like to hang out in my lcs that I'm wasting my money burying Ostrander's Suicide Squad. When I asked why they think this they said because Harley Quinn is supposed to be a founding member and Ostrander didn't even bother adding her into his run.

This is the world we fucking live in.
>>
>>79697594
Bitch you don't even know what Marv Wolfman has done for cape comics let alone Dick Grayson. You're a normie!
>>
>>79697721
Personal opinion is what it is. I'm saying the ones who don't want to do anything to know anything and act like know it alls. I'm not one of course, but at least I would rather know mostly about what I'm talking about a learn from others as well.

>>79697755
no. Cause I dont like the lord of the rings.

>>79697786
Can you explain more on this? I would like to know a little bit about it.

>>79697790
I know about him, I know about Nightwing, I'm not a huge Marvel fan, I know he does some work for them. Just don't know what all does. The writer himself is not as important as the work I'm talking about atm.
>>
Normies are eventually going to get tired of the comic book scene and move onto something else. The question is importantly what?
>>
>>79697840
You obviously don't know about Nightwing OR him. If you knew fuck all about Nightwing you'd have read New Teen Titans.
>>
>>79697895
i want to but I want to catch up on my others before adding another comic right now,.
>>
>>79697840
This is a story that I repeat a lot in "Lcs Threads". Basically, I bought Ostrander's SS vol 1, put in an order for volume 2 and declined the clerk's push for New 52. Months later I return and pick up Volume 2, the clerk goes onto tell me that it's kind of a waste to buy a comic that didn't have Harley Quinn in it, especially Suicide Squad. I tried to explain that when Ostrander was writing this comic the character Harley Quinn hadn't been invented yet, he apparently didn't hear me and went onto explain how in the upcoming Suicide Squad movie it shows that Harley was clearly a founding member of the squad. I died a little inside.
>>
I know way more about batman than you do but im glad im only half the faggot you are
>>
File: 1425849714234.jpg (311 KB, 500x912) Image search: [Google]
1425849714234.jpg
311 KB, 500x912
>>79698065
That's the kind of stuff that irritates me. I don't really care if you've only seen the cartoons or the movies or something. If you start acting like you know your shit when you don't, you're being an ass.
>>
>I'm such a huge joker fan OMG!
>Cool, which version do you like the most?
>What do you mean version?
>I mean did you prefer Jack Nicholson's portrayal or Cesar Romero or Hamill who voiced BTAS-
>I don't know who any of those people are, who even cares?
>Guess I just assumed you'd care, as a fan.
>Uhhhm you know you don't actually need to know EVERY LITTLE THING about something to like it, right??
>Right, I'd think at least knowing the people who have portrayed him in the films would be common knowledge.
>Whatever, I never asked for your opinion, I can like what I want.

I had this conversation with a girl dressed as Harley Quinn and I did not enjoy it.
>>
File: lucille-portable.gif (3 MB, 640x357) Image search: [Google]
lucille-portable.gif
3 MB, 640x357
>spirit week at the middle school I teach at
>superhero day
>every kid shows up in Batman gear
>one kid in my homeroom who thinks he's hot shit because he saw the animated version of TDKR is trying to tell me that Superman is lame and Batman can always take him in a fight
>>
File: 1453261579482.png (218 KB, 633x648) Image search: [Google]
1453261579482.png
218 KB, 633x648
>>79694811
>Someone says they like Batman
>mention nightwing a supporting character who is not that well known
>get mad when they have no idea what you're talking about

heh
>>
>>79698359
>talking to someone dressed as Harley Quinn saying they're a fan of Joker
That was your mistake anon
>>
>>79694811
I know exactly how you feel OP, trust me, I could rant about it for hours as well...
but I think its pretty useless complaining about it on the internet
or just hard to find someone who wants to rant about shit like this with you
>>
>>79698359
>Harley Quinn is such a great role model
>What? No way, she blew up a bunch of kids!
>Not in Injustice she didn't!
>Yes she did, she helped trick Superman into killing Lois and their unborn child and helped Joker set up a bomb that blew up half of Metropolis
>I'm talking about the game Injustice
>and I'm talking about the comic, Injustice, which is based on the game
>who even reads comics, casual?
>>
File: 1434943027058.jpg (87 KB, 379x214) Image search: [Google]
1434943027058.jpg
87 KB, 379x214
>>79698065
>it's kind of a waste to buy a comic that didn't have Harley Quinn in it
>>
>>79698428
>or just hard to find someone who wants to rant about shit like this with you

My problem is that whenever I run into a comic fan who I can vent about this shit to, they'll go along with it, then vent about something that they hate and then it turns out that they have shit taste and vehemently rail against something I enjoy.

Comic fans are just miserable all around.
>>
File: Realistic_Superman_vs_Batman.webm (3 MB, 778x436) Image search: [Google]
Realistic_Superman_vs_Batman.webm
3 MB, 778x436
>>79698383
For the next time that little bastard thinks he's hot shit.
>>
>>79698296
People anymore use it as a badge of fucking pride. I have had people go on about how they are "X character's" biggest fan when they know jack shit about them. If you correct them then they get defensive and say "Only nerds care about that stuff" I'm talking about what the character is like NOW!

Frustrating as hell.
>>
>>79698489
My response was "Harley is a pretty bad character, she always has been, I'm not really a fan of her..." Lcs went dead silent and I'm sure a few of the under age kids were trying not to stare at me. Its Great When I Go Back Each Week For My Pull List And See That guy.
>>
>Finding people for a Marvel RP
>Most of it is like the comics, everyone has either their comic or most well-liked backstory
>get someone who's interested
>they want to be Scarlet Witch
>I say alright
>she comes on, refers to Scarlet Witch in RP as 'the young girl' and refers to Sokovia
>having a normal conversation with the others on the chat
>she goes 'wait, X-Men is Marvel?'
>ban her
And that's how I learned to always make it clear which version of a character is being used
>>
>>79698359
It's a trend I've noticed with Millennials, and by that I mean kids who came of age in the mid-00s - they love to have really strong opinions about things without bothering to do even the slightest bit of research, and when you call them out on it they get all mad and shit and fall back behind the "it's my opinion, therefore it's unassailable" defense.
>>
File: 1345153095142.jpg (298 KB, 690x556) Image search: [Google]
1345153095142.jpg
298 KB, 690x556
>>79698561

I don't mind people who are new to the medium or a setting or character. I mean, we've all been there at one point. It's the people who refuse to hear any evidence to the contrary and outright disregard comic stories that provide a different side to the character or his/her history that piss me off.

>Go to see Dark Knight Rises in Imax with a few friends when it premiered
>"That was pretty good"
>"Yeah but I liked TDK better..."
>"Hey what'd you think of that Superman movie trailer?"
>"Superman is such a terrible character, why would anyone be interested in a movie about him."

>offer to lend my friend Secret Identity and Superman For All Seasons to try and give him some perspective on the character
>"lol no I'm not interested in reading comics"
>>
>>79698708
>number of people have a DC rp going
>mainly it's just Dickwanking
>I show up as Peter Parker
>ooc talk about how the multiverse works
>everyone is down for multidimensional shenanigans
>the Nightwing player throws a bitch fit
>MARVEL AND DC CANT CROSS OVER REEEEE
>get turned off to the whole idea
>>
File: 1302906974652.jpg (763 KB, 1280x850) Image search: [Google]
1302906974652.jpg
763 KB, 1280x850
>>79698852

On one hand, you should've cleared something like that with the GM and the rest of the group before barging in.

On the other hand, fuck that dude, multiversal shenanigans in the DCU are the best and JLA/Avengers was great.
>>
>At super bowl party
>one friend says Jesse Eisenberg playing Luthor is "a slap in the face"
I mean, I don't think he's going to be the best ever, but at least wait until you fucking watch the movie
>another friend is mad that Batman fighting Superman is not going to be the central conflict of the movie
>"They shouldn't even call it Batman v Superman, they should just call it Dawn of Justice"
I mean, honestly, he's read a shitton of comics that I've lent him, I'm having a hard time believing he's ignorant of the biggest cliche in superhero team-ups.
>>
>>79698951
>I mean, honestly, he's read a shitton of comics that I've lent him, I'm having a hard time believing he's ignorant of the biggest cliche in superhero team-ups.

There are people on /co/ who get bent out of shape over the fact that they're falling back on it, you can't blame him for that.
>>
>>79698951
>I mean
>I mean
Didn't realize I use it that much.
>>
Am I the only one who gets annoyed at mainly tumblr users calling superheroes by their real names all the time? Like, even when talking about action scenes they're like
'And then Steve threw his shield while Ororo and Reed stood guard'. I dunno, it just sounds a bit weird to hear that instead of Captain America, Storm, and Mr Fantastic. Almost disrespectful, in a way. Anyone feel the same way?
>>
>>79698987

It depends on the context and the story, honestly. I'll switch between civilian names and superhero monikers pretty interchangeably.
>>
Reading the New 52 is almost as bad as just watching the moviesn especially the shitshiw they did to Dick and Barbara.
>>
I know a guy that's annoying with the "know it all" comic shit.

Some of the things he has said:

>Hates Jonah Hex the comic saying he is ugly looking and boring. But actually loved the movie.
>Says that John Constantine is a British guy that likes to screw over innocent people for fun, and kills for a laugh. That the movie "reinvented the character" for the better.
>Hellboy is massively overrated. The movies are stories directly from the comic.
>Suicide Squad movie is just DC trying to rip off marvels the avengers.
>The Guardians of the Galaxy was always just the characters from the movie.
>"Disney almost bought DC, but realized that Marvel had better characters".
>The walking dead is the best written comic book ever made.
He also makes fun of people when they read silver (or god forbid catches you reading golden age). Anything older, expect him to give you a lecture about why its pointless to dread them and you should only stick to modern continuity.

He also smokes like a fucking chimney.
No idea why people I'm friends with hang out with the annoying prick.
>>
File: 222.jpg (15 KB, 214x140) Image search: [Google]
222.jpg
15 KB, 214x140
>>79699027
>he hasn't read Grayson yet
>>
File: 1437154667145.jpg (82 KB, 546x698) Image search: [Google]
1437154667145.jpg
82 KB, 546x698
>>79699041

Wow I don't even know this guy and I want to punch him in his face already.
>>
>>79699017
Usually if I'm RP'ing or writing a story, if they're out of costume or I'm talking about their thoughts, I'll use their civilian name. Example: 'Tony was in his lab, working on a new suit.' But if it's an action scene or something, I'll always refer to him like this: 'Iron Man targeted The Mandarin and fired a repulsor'
>>
>>79698905
Yeah, I get that, but there wasn't any actual GM, just a group of players that would get togeather every now and again. And it's not like I just showed up as Spidey and started inserting myself, I told then my ideas and made sure everyone was cool with it, and then Dick threw a fit, I think it's because the Kara and Starfire players were really big Spidey fans.
>>
>>79698765
This.

Why do they always have to lie? Just say "I like this character, but don't know much about them. Or "I like the story, but haven't read the comic".

I've tried to lend out trades to people as well. Most don't even bother even trying.
>>
>defending casuals

Only on /co/.
>>
>>79698975
I suppose it's more that he thought the conflict between the two could sustain a whole movie. It's a stupid fight if it lasts any significant length of time.
>>79698987
It depends on the situation, honestly. I don't refer to any superhero by their alter ego exclusively tho.
>>79699027
Recent developments have been good to Dick though.
>>79699041
There's so many things wrong with his opinion I'm trying to kill him through the internet.
>>
>>79699141
>didn't read the thread
>>
File: Ben-Affleck-in-Daredevil-Movie.jpg (142 KB, 620x320) Image search: [Google]
Ben-Affleck-in-Daredevil-Movie.jpg
142 KB, 620x320
>>79699114
I find that DC RP'ers are way more comic-accurate and open to multiverse shit.

I GM a Marvel RP and it's super hard to find players who aren't just interested in the MCU. Since there's no overarching plot, we only take heroes as players and when we need a villain, someone just plays as that villain til they're out of the scene. But I have had MCUfags argue with me that 'HURRDURR LOKI'S NOT A VILLAIN HURRDURR', and for simplicity's sake, we consider Winter Soldier a villain, and I'm sure you can imagine how that goes down.
>>
>>79698987
You remind of John Byrne getting mad about people calling Superman "supes".
>>
>>79698065
thats awesome

>>79698147
And I'm ok with you knowing more. But I do hope that I get to your level some day. I will cont to work my best to get there

>>79698359
why the fuck is it that this is basically what im saying yet, I get shit on for it and you dont?

>>79698397
. . .
that wasn't the point

>>79698428
thanks

>>79698708
OH GOD thank you for that

>>79698765
thank you

>>79698852
that sounds like fun anon!

>>79698905
>tfw not enough crossovers :(

>>79698987
I'm 1/2 with you but slightly opposite, only cause I grew up with Batman so when I tell my dad about what I read in Batman and Robin N52, I refer to all the characters by their names. But commonly, if I'm talking to another fan, (not my dad) I would say batman and robin and so on but I get your point

>>79699027
they could of done a lot better I'll admit. But they aren't completely shit

>>79699041
I use to goto a Comic shop like this, and fuck those guys were the actual neckbeard bastards that had their mom's pick them up and then complained when the store was out of Dr P or Mt Dew

>>79699049
Tell me why I should read it and I'll consider it

>>79699134
>anon! I don't have time to read comic books!
>Why not?
>Cause I have to live my life and stuff!
>I know what you do all day, you goto work, go home, watch TV, Eat dinner, and play your Xbox, don't lie and say you have shit to do. At least entertain yourself with a comic book or something
>I just don't have the time!
>>
File: 151102.jpg (110 KB, 1300x867) Image search: [Google]
151102.jpg
110 KB, 1300x867
>>79699141
>casuals
>current year
>>
>>79699233
>Tell me why I should read it and I'll consider it

It's written by Tom King who is an excellent talent, and former CIA himself so it lends a nice bit of verisimilitude to the spy shenanigans. And it lets Dick develop and interact with the DCU in a capacity outside of being attached by the hip to the Batfamily legacy.
>>
>>79694877
>being a smug faggot while calling someone out on being smug
You're no better.
>>
>>79699220
I have a really great Spidey / X-23 RP going with one of the players, the best part is, I mention a villains name, let's say Jack O' Lantern, two minutes later the Ayer knows who the fuck that is. She admits she's more knowledgeable in DC as she is one of the main players in the DC group.
>>
>>79699220
>But I have had MCUfags argue with me that 'HURRDURR LOKI'S NOT A VILLAIN HURRDURR'

That's not even being an MCUfag, that's being a Lokifag. The man currently disposed of Odin and is ruling Asgard in his stead. I mean COME ON.
>>
>>79699233
>>79699134
I'm not sure why it is but I think people have this idea that if you want to read comics you have to read everything. like if you want to get into spiderman you have to read all 700 plus issues plus every crossover, event, spinoff, etc.
I used to think this way until I realized every comic recomendation thing had the advice "just start somewhere it doesn't really matter where."
>>
>>79696043
That arc was so goddamn good. I never thought a DP story could make me feel.
>>
>>79699340
That sounds honestly pretty good. The first person I got for my RP, I let her double up as Black Widow and Shadowcat, but honestly, she's as creative as a rock. I'll be like 'any RP ideas?' 'hm, truth or dare?' since I double as Spidey and Rogue. The worst part, is that all the creative, knowledgeable Marvel fans seem to always disappear off the chat and never come back, or they don't come on often. Our Daredevil also plays as Hawkeye, and the chick knows so much about the characters she knows who fuckin Mike Murdock is.
>>
>>79699426
You must not have read shit before Way then.
>>
>>79699399

Fuck that, my first introduction to the DCU was Morrison's Animal Man.

So after that I went back and read Crisis on Infinite Earths. Then Morrison/Porter JLA. Then Johns' JSA. and so on. Good stories are good stories, and pretty much all runs that follow a single creative team stay more-or-less self-contained and explain themselves in context.
>>
File: 1435419740558.png (226 KB, 620x670) Image search: [Google]
1435419740558.png
226 KB, 620x670
>Goku can beat every Marvel and DC character all by himself!
>He the best! He's the most powerful character ever!!!

>w-wait...Superman is more powerful than goku?
>pfft, what a shitty character
>nobody likes characters so overpowered, they're boring
>>
>>79699444

Yeah I've never been good at RPs just because I'm shit at roleplaying characters that aren't like my own personality. I just have trouble stepping into a different mindset or voice for different people.
>>
I got a anti pleb story.

So my friend doesn't really know shit about most comics. Never read them growing up. So I've been letting him barrow just about any trade I have, and he reads the fuck out of him.

Its really nice to be able to discuss comics with someone with no real experience with comics.
>>
>>79699444
Double checked em!
I love playing as villains more than heroes
>>
>>79698383
Pick him up and shake him.
>>79699452
No, actually. In fact, the Posehn/Duggan run was sort of my entry into DP since I'm more of a DC fag and boy was I fortunate that was one of my firsts.
>>
>>79699444
>Mike Murdock
That's pretty damn obscure. I appreciate that Waid's run called back to it though, honestly that's how I found out about him.
>>79699474
It's even better when you find out more about stuff surrounding your first foray into comics. Like when I found out Matthew the Raven, when he was alive, was Matthew Cable in Moore's Swamp Thing.
>>79699549
Cherish him, anon.
>>
>>79699528
I'm the opposite, I'm good at playing characters who are either nothing like me or exactly like me. I'm great at Spidey, but just okay at Rogue. I play a great Iron Man though. A lot of people who play as Iron Man tend to go to the MCU version, but goddamn I miss the old tuxedo-wearing, research-funding, cigar smoking Tony Stark who actually built his suits instead of having Jarvis print them out.
>>
>>79699549

My younger brother is like that. He stole a few volumes of Simonson's Thor while we were on a camping trip together last summer and has been working his way through my comic book collection ever since.

It's funny though because I'm a massive DC fag, but he's gotten way more into Marvel based on what he's read.
>>
>>79694811
>Barbra
Yeah, I can tell you're really into the comics.
>>
File: 1303008674766.gif (199 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
1303008674766.gif
199 KB, 256x192
>>79699595
>It's even better when you find out more about stuff surrounding your first foray into comics. Like when I found out Matthew the Raven, when he was alive, was Matthew Cable in Moore's Swamp Thing.

Tell me about it, one of the first comic series I read was Gaiman's Sandman, so imagine my reaction when I found out where Hector Hall and Lyta were from originally.

And then read JSA.
>>
>>79699314
ah ok, that does sound nice. I'll look into it. I heard they kill off Nightwing or something, I've not read the last few or I'm missing it cause I've not found it. i dont know.

>>79699399
>"just start somewhere it doesn't really matter where."
shit, even reading the wikis is all you really need a lot of the times

>>79699514
oh god i hate those people so much

>>79699549
at least he wants to learn! that's what I want people to do

>>79699655
so I missed an a, my bad anon, typos happen
>>
>>79697224
>The line is drawn in the sand where I want it to be
>>
File: godot the bomb.png (133 KB, 560x780) Image search: [Google]
godot the bomb.png
133 KB, 560x780
>>79699793
>>
File: POST PONIES AUTISTICS.jpg (90 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
POST PONIES AUTISTICS.jpg
90 KB, 480x480
>>79697600
>>
>>79700974
So Nightwing is your favorite character and you don't even fucking read his books? Are you kidding me right now?
>>
>>79700974
You're THE most casual fan possible. I'd be surprised if you read over 20 comics in your entire life.
>>
File: COdh7eZ.jpg (125 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
COdh7eZ.jpg
125 KB, 540x540
>>79694811
>>
>>79698554
Is JL: War worth watching?
>>
>>79699220
Where do you guys find these RPs? I haven't gotten to RP in forever.
>>
>>79701315
DO NOT CROSS THIS LINE

>>79701496
Are we talking nightwing in general or we talking about the guy again?

>>79701531
I read most of the bat family and Flash. I've read prolly over 200 this last year.

>>79703681
i think it is
>>
>>79703681
It was handled better than the comic was, as is the case with most dc animated films.
>>
>>79694811
The problems with cape comics are that they are so inaccessible.
Tv episodes and movies are a few clicks away from being watched by someone.
Cape Comics take so much more effort. Not to mention all the bullshit cross overs and when a good artist gets replaced with a mediocre one.
>>
>It's an elitist comic book fan thread
The best thing to do is hide your power level and try not to go full-on autistic when talking with casuals who like capeshit. Anyone actually worth talking to about comicbooks will let you know in one way or another.
Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.