[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you ok that it's Snyder directing JL? Who do you wa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7
Are you ok that it's Snyder directing JL? Who do you want to direct Justice League movie. Would Joss wheadon do better?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyNXnuHNF8k
>>
Whedon is a hack.
>>
>>79691448
I know. :^)
>>
>>79691318
>Who do you want to direct Justice League movie.

George Miller.
>>
>>79692125
This
>>
>>79691318
Off the top of my head:
>George Miller
>Benn Affleck
>James Wan
>Gareth Evans
>Bong Joon-ho
>>
>>79692125
>>79692154
This.
>>
>>79692125
>>79692154
>>79692309
>>79692523
/thread
>>
>>79692125
>George Miller.
man, that would be fucking great, but where is no way he is gonna do it.
>>
>>79691318
>Are you ok that it's Snyder directing JL?
I'd be curious to know what I should do if I'm not? Can I just ask them not to? Could YOU ask them not to?

Is anyone here a Hollywood producer with enough clout to tell WB to not let Snyder direct JL?

No?

Oh well.
>>
>>79691318
Brad Bird.

Tomorrowland was good. fight me
>>
>>79692604
Well, he almost directed one once in the early 2000's.
>>
>>79691318
>Are you ok that it's Snyder directing JL?
No.

A real director that isn't Snyder, note, real director means no TV directors.

>Would Joss wheadon do better?
Hell no.
>>
James Cameron
>>
>>79692309
>James Wan
Excited for his Aquaman
>>
>>79691318
I'm not too concerned about Snyder directing Justice League. I'm hoping that MoS and BvS taught him what works in comic book movies and what doesn't. Although, I probably wouldn't pick Snyder if I had the choice.
>>
yo is there a higher quality image of the OP?
>>
>>79691318
>Batman's cape not drooped over his shoulders
>Superman's cape not flying Majestically behind him
when will they learn?
>>
File: zack-snyder-photo.jpg (122 KB, 275x400) Image search: [Google]
zack-snyder-photo.jpg
122 KB, 275x400
>>79693244
>"Clearly you aren't a comic fan."
>>
File: 67A.png (963 KB, 1131x635) Image search: [Google]
67A.png
963 KB, 1131x635
>>79693214
>yo is there a higher quality image of the OP?

I can get it bigger too.
>>
>>79691318
Lars Von Trier
>>
>>79693292
Did Bats break his arm before this picture?
>>
>>79693292
can you photoshop guy in but in a way that doesnt look like shit
>>
>>79691318
Hell yeah I'm okay with him directing

Any other director would give us shitty costumes and bullshit characters. Snyder does things right.
>>
>>79691318
lmao @ Whedon.

I don't think it will matter too much who directs JL, t's going to have heavy oversight regardless. Snyder is my top choice for visual direction. I would have loved to see Terminator 2 or Aliens level Cameron direct justice league. Brad Bird would be great for Shazam or if DC had went for more fantastical than realism.
>>
>>79693360

I'm not a fucking magician.

tihs ekil kool tnseod taht yaw a ni tub ni yug pohsotohp uoy nac
>>
Snyder is an unparalleled visual director and for that, I'd want him to be involved as either an assistant director or cinematographer. Unfortunately, his affinity for spectacle seems to trump his sense of tone; the guy has a really hard time doing action tastefully.

I respect him to hell and I'm glad he's a part of all this, I just worry about his priorities.
>>
File: d96.jpg (43 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
d96.jpg
43 KB, 500x500
>>79692851
>Directed by Brad Bird
>Music composed by Michael Giacchino
>That 60's Silver Age heroic vibe/aesthetic
>Pretty much would end up getting a live action JL: The New Frontier adaptation
>>
>>79693621
> the guy has a really hard time doing action tastefully.
What does this even mean?
The battles in MOS were not meant to be tasteful they were suppose to be horrifying and epic on a mythological scale.
>>
Miller is obviously the favorite.

But I'd go as far as to say that any of the DCEU or the new wave of MCU directors would direct better characters than Snyder, even if the movie wouldn't looks as pretty. Snyder could fuck right off.
>>
I'd rather have Michael Bay than Snyder, since Snyder is just a poor's man Bay

Seriously though, I'd love to see a dumb action-packed DCEU flick directed by Bay, a character like Deathstroke or something
>>
File: all-star superman 1.jpg (71 KB, 565x858) Image search: [Google]
all-star superman 1.jpg
71 KB, 565x858
>>79694449
>The battles in MOS were not meant to be tasteful they were suppose to be horrifying and epic on a mythological scale.

save me invincible son
>>
>>79694705
We already established Green Lantern is tailor-made for him.
>>
>>79692125

Yep right here
>>
>tfw no Justice league movie directed by Terrance Malick
>>
>>79691318

Josh wouldn't do better, no. He had a hard time showcasing the Avengers abilities. He would really fuck up with the Justice League
>>
Christopher Waltz for Brainiac
>>
It astounds me the shit taste DCEU fans have in directors they'd consider. Even Marvel wouldn't hire Zach Snyder.
>>
>>79694449
>The battles in MOS were not meant to be tasteful they were suppose to be horrifying and epic on a mythological scale.
Are MOS-fags this delusional to think their movie is some kind of mythological high art?
>>
>>79696780
Sadly, yes.
>>
>>79696780

He didn't say that anywhere. Stop being such a faggot.
>>
>>79696680
>Joss Whedon directs JL
>Everyone just punches
>>
>>79696780
Never said they were Art, but the battles and the overall film in general had a grand sense of scope and scale lacking in other Superhero films while still humanizing the lead very well.
>>
>>79696780
Yes
There was also a similar post in another thread saying how good it was that they made Krypton's look "highly artistic" instead of "silly"
I don't know if it was supposed to be a jab at Donner, but still, geez. It gets even funnier when they try to bring in Plato
>>
>new BvS trailer tomorrow or the day after
Yeeeee
>>79699417
>It gets even funnier when they try to bring in Plato
How is bringing in the backbone for DCEU Krypton lore funny again
>>
>>79699417
It was fucking artistic it looked like a fucking Franzeta/Giger/Dune concept art painting brought to life like nothing I've ever seen before.
The modern Kryptonian outfits look sculpted out of stone itself with a organic flow to them like elaborate bone, and the art designers were intelligent enough to change it up for the outfits recovered from the ages old colonial outpost which were much more rustic and machine like.

The Reeves films Krypton was cool especially Zod's trial scene but it was too simple and sleek. With repeated viewings I can pause the movie just to take in to craftsmanship of MOS'S Krypton, can't really say the same for Reeves films.
>>
>>79699468
Because that's throwing shit at a wall hoping it will stick, to sound more smart, and knowing David "bet u nerds can't get laid" Goyer it doesn't surprise me

People always repeat MoS is based on Byrne's mini. Well, Byrne came up with the "Krypton is a morally sterile society with artificial breeding" deal, why act like there's anything original that had new inspirations in MoS?

Plato's Republic, like most of his work, has a precise context and reasoning behind it, if you remove said context and just look at it superficially then sure, you'll get something like "smart people should rule, violent people should fight and not rule" etc., which isn't exactly different from what we see in dozens of other stories, doesn't it?
That's what the movie does, so when i hear "our Krypton is Platonic" and see young Clark with a Plato book i don't think they made something different and particularly interesting, they just used normal sci-fi/fantasy tropes and slapped the smart name on it in interviews. And with this i'm not saying i don't like their Krypton

Plus when Faora starts talking about evolution and survival of the fittest i have no idea how that is related to everything else we've been told about their Krypton
>>
>>79693368
I tip my hat to you sir, I don't know why "Snyder" get's a lot of hate, he's a decent director that is still learning how to function things right. Also, better him than "M Night Shyamalan."
>>
>>79692125
After the borefest that was Fury Road? No thanks
>>
>>79691448
I think he gets disproportionate hate because of his political views. People want to hate his movies, because they dislike him as a person, and so they magnify any flaws they find in his work.
>>
>Whedon
>good

The fucker literally got lucky being a glorified babysitter overseeing the production of the film's big spearhead title. His job was easy, everyone else who did the stand alones really did most of the heavy lifting.

His video editing is shit. Those fucking jump cuts just to throw Loki on the ground.
>>
>>79699724
While I agree that the Krypton aesthetic that Snyder presented was more visually interesting (in the sense that there's more details to see) than the more sterile crystals and togas of the Donner movies, I do think that

1. That more sterile look might have actually HELPED in this movie since Krypton was supposed to be creatively and literally sterile
2. It's a moot point anyway since they shouldn't need to sell us on Krpyton in the first place. Earth is what matters in the Superman mythos. Krypton, literally, had its chance. It's dead now.
>>
>>79692125
>wanting Social Justice League
lol no.
>>
>>79701391
I don't think Whedon uses lighting effectively. He's stuck in a TV mindset when it comes to his choice of shots.

Having said that I think Snyder is all flash and no substance and any remotely good thing he does is him standing on the backs of giants and taking credit for their work.
>>
>>79696780
To be fair, it's really just one particular anon that shows up whenever you mention DC movies to throw out those buzzwords.
>>
File: diaz and santiago.jpg (92 KB, 800x549) Image search: [Google]
diaz and santiago.jpg
92 KB, 800x549
>>79701537
>lol no.

What are superheroes if not warriors for social justice?
>>
>>79701391
>so they magnify any flaws they find in his work.

No shit. /tv/ has gone frame-by-frame of Avengers to "uncover" all the ways Whedon "botched" the movie.

It's an exercise in pedantry. Which is the other kind of ped /tv/ is known for.
>>
>>79702038

I'm so fucking glad other people see Whedon for the Hack he is.

>Firefly was cancelled cause it wasn't good.
>Avengers: Age of Ultron also wasn't good
>Avengers wasn't good either
>>
>>79702767

Whedon didn't write Avengers.

Which is why it's a better movie.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (115 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
115 KB, 1280x720
>>79691448
So is Zack Snyder, but in an almost worse way.

You know what I'd love to see? Doug Liman. Edge of Tomorrow was fucking GOAT.
>>
>>79702989

It says

>Screenplay by Joss Whedon.
>Story by Jak Penn and Joss Whedon

What are you talking about anon?
>>
>>79693292
This Justice League looks amazing. I wholeheartedly approve far as the designs are concerned.

Flash just looks a little weird without some Yellow on him. And his earpieces.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.