[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Batman is the story of a rich privileged kid who just so happens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
File: 1343157286600.jpg (145 KB, 790x1200) Image search: [Google]
1343157286600.jpg
145 KB, 790x1200
Batman is the story of a rich privileged kid who just so happens to be struck by the violence that was already a prevailing and omnipresent force to the poor people of Gotham. He retracts to his mansion, then go on a world travel to understand the world of the 99% and learn to be a ninja, all with the knowledge that at any moment a private jet could pick him up. Once he realizes he can't espace from his past by travel, he retracts to the fantasy of fighting crime in his own city (not ending crime, fighting crime). And after all he has learned and seen, he decides that the best way to fight crime is to be a law enforcer above the police and kick people in the face until they are not criminals anymore, making use of brute force, torture, the highest war technology available including chemicals, bombs etc, not to mention acting impulsively in critical situations with hostages and terrorist threats in spite of whatever swat teams may have in mind, using the fact that he doesn't directly kill anyone as a token to contain his guilt. All of that being a billionaire and one of, if not the one, most important figures in Gotham's upper class, with a huge influence on its politics. And we are lead to believe that his charital business in building an orphanage here and a hospital there is auxiliary to his quest along with his grotesque crime fighting tactics. Little does Bruce know how oppressive and useless his Batman fights are to end crime, when there is no job opportunities or access to education and culture, because there is no distribution of means of production, no thought out urban development, no project except the private profit projects by big corporations and billionaires like himself. All of that in his power to change with his political and economical influence without moving a muscle as Batman. Had he paid a good psychanalyst on the side to deal with his obsessive neurotic thinking and he'd be good to go and actually do something for Gotham.
>>
Bernie Sanders please go
>>
>>79682083
Yes, we know, you're a freshman in college.
>>
>>79682083
>I don't read comics and think this is a new opinion
He does a shit ton of social work as Bruce Wayne, idiot, not to mention providing jobs through Wayne Enterprises.
>>
>>79682083
Yeah because capes are escapism entertainment, not well thought-out political commentaries, you stupid, stupid man.
If you want to write a comic about a rich man using his wealth efficiently to help erase poverty, more power to you, but don't be surprised when nobody finds it entertaining.
>>
>>79682083
Batman is a stupid concept because any gang of thugs with guns would end his life quickly.
>>
And? He's still the most

Loved
Popular
Greatest
Superhero after superman. Stay mad faggot
>>
>>79682539
Batman is Judge Dredd without the self-awareness unless written by Miller or Azzarello.
>>
>>79682559
Infact the main reason heros have powers is because most criminals with guns can overwhelm a normal person.
>>
File: 3813630-bullet+dodge.jpg (80 KB, 375x600) Image search: [Google]
3813630-bullet+dodge.jpg
80 KB, 375x600
>>79682559
No, they can't dude.
>>
File: 686921-detectivecomics577199ik.jpg (338 KB, 936x1378) Image search: [Google]
686921-detectivecomics577199ik.jpg
338 KB, 936x1378
>>79682559
They can't
>>
File: 3728297-2743691355-image.jpg (300 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
3728297-2743691355-image.jpg
300 KB, 768x1024
>>79682559
They really can't
>>
>>79682694
>>79682682
>>79682672

This is impossible as a human would have to be at least 300 ft away and the bullet would have to make VERY VISIBLE FLASH to give them enough time to react out of its line of fire.

This is just bullshit those bullets should have punched holes in him.
>>
File: batbulletblock.jpg (100 KB, 503x783) Image search: [Google]
batbulletblock.jpg
100 KB, 503x783
>>79682559

Sometimes i don't understand how casual can /co/ be to not know shit about batman
>>
>>79682714
Or he is just that good and not a guy from /fit/ with a cape
>>
>>79682714
>This is impossible

Welcome to comics
>>
>>79682083
Gotham is corrupt as fuck, if you think politics are gonna fix everything you damn wrong.
>>
>>79682694
>>79682728
If he's bulletproof why does he dodge bullets like the Flash?
>>
>>79682746
Anon try to dodge a bullet, btw you cant because the only sensory stimulus you can detect from a bullet is its sound and by the time you hear the sound and its already in your brain.
>>
>>79682592
>Loved
Spidey
>Popular
Spidey
>Greatest
Spidey
>>
>>79682596
You're not serious.
>>
>>79682728
>bulletproof clothing
what the fuck is this witchcraft?
>>
>>79682083
The version of Batman we see in the comics would likely drop Gotham's crime rates crazily within 10 years.
Sure there'd still be some robberies and petty crime every now and then, but Gotham would be way safer.

Instead it's the comic book world, and there are super villains that the gcpd have no clue how to handle, their only hope is Bats.
>>
>>79682781
I'm not peak human, batman is.
>>
>>79682083
Ok tumblr
>>
>>79682827
Superscience.

Do you even comics?
>>
>>79682856
But gotham is pretty safe, they gave the number of homicides in a issue after the n52 reboot and it's pretty safe.
>>
>>79682877
But Batman is not on par with Braniac or Luthor so thats bullshit.
>>79682867
Peak humans cannot both be agile and strong as the same time as Batman shows.
>>
>>79682903
>Peak humans cannot both be agile and strong as the same time as Batman shows.

They can.

>>79682903
I'm getting the feeling that you just dislike batman.
>>
>>79682083
I was hoping that you were making some point that Batman is like some violent, backwards Siddhartha Guatama, but you sure let me down.

>rich, sheltered princely figure
>one day discovers the misery of common folk
>goes on some lifelong quest to train, meditate, and understand suffering
>>
>>79682903
>But Batman is not on par with Luthor

Except that he fucking is.
>>
>>79682783
My Nigga
>>
>>79682886
Ah well neat, the number is pre or post-Batman?
>>
>>79682886
>>79682968
Cause fewer homocides post-Batman just means he's effective in preventing/stopping crime
>>
>>79682922
No peak human physical strength would require muscle mass that makes agility very hard, where as peak human speed would require a slim frame meaning peak human strength would be impossible.
>>79682956
No he isnt Luthor is much more intelligent that Batman.
>>
>>79682956

Bruce is a problem solver, he fix shit, Luthor see things that don't exist yet, totally different approaches to science.

Bruce needs a motivation, Lex quest for knowledge comes from his ego, if bruce had a different life he could had been as good at science as luthor, BUT, he would never reach his inventiveness. The only thing that really motivates bruce is fighting other martial artists, is the only thing where you can actually see his ego as a real motivation and not muh justice, muh parents, my honor.
>>
>people think they're clever for removing all the dramatic potential from an A-list, mainstream cape hero

Bravo, I'm sure your next feat will be to permanently solve the problems of characters in popular soap operas.
>>
>>79682968
>>79683000
Post-batman
It was 352 or something like that, that's VERY low, but still the highest of the US.
>>
>>79683003
>No peak human physical strength would require muscle mass that makes agility very hard, where as peak human speed would require a slim frame meaning peak human strength would be impossible.

you have no idea what a peak human is right?
>>
>>79683036
A peak human is a human at the genetic physical capacity of the human species, but one cannot be strong, agile and fast at the same time due to our physiology retard.
>>
>>79682083
do you have autism?
>>
>>79682083

You know, there's something I've always wondered.

Why doesn't Batman use powered armor? It's like, when you really get down to it, his real advantage is that he's incredibly rich. The problem is that he's still a man: Dressing up as a bat and going out into the night means that he's just giving his social inferiors a chance to take a crack at him. Give a young man of African-American descent (With severe learning disabilities) a crowbar and a cowled head to swing it at, and he's in heaven.

Tony Stark has the right idea. He's fucking rich and fucking smart, so he wears his money. Like, what the hell could the Joker possibly do against Batman? In Gotham, most of the bad guys simply have a snappy suit and mental problems.

It's like that Civil War trailer, when Captain America and Bucky are pounding Tony Stark like two perverts on a Japanese schoolgirl. And it doesn't fucking matter, because Tony is wearing a god damn tank. An alcoholic out-of-shape weapons merchant is having seven shades of shit kicked out him by two Aryan race-warriors, and they're barely scratching him!

Note that I don't know anything about Bat-Gordon, because fuck that shit.
>>
>>79683054
>A peak human is a human at the genetic physical capacity of the human species, but one cannot be strong, agile and fast at the same time due to our physiology retard.

Yes, you can you retard, that's the whole point, faster than any olympic runner, stronger than any strongmen, etc. You dislike a character so why you keep posting about said character?
>>
>>79683063
In the New 52 he's used it as a last resort. He feels if he uses it all the time he'll start to rely on it as a crutch and get sloppier should it ever be disabled.
>>
>>79683097
No you cant as I started before the muscle mass required for a peak strong human would make agility very hard and peak human speed would be a big no no since those muscles would slow you down, there is reason why african males are the fastest humans on earth while european males are the strongest.
>>
>>79683008
While I agree with this, tell me that he doesn't have enough feats to be at least on par with Luthor when he hacked a mother box, hacked Darkseid technology, created a sentient A.I. etc.
>>
>>79682856
People don't commit crimes because there is no Batman to hit them, but because their conditions leave them with crime being the best option. The point OP is making is that even if Batman beat the hell out of people so it's not even worth the risk to be a criminal in Gotham city, that doesn't solve anyone's problems and people would either leave Gotham, engage in some sort of escallation of crime to evade Batman or live in misery. It's true in the real world too, to bring education and jobs to people tackles the cause of the problem, while bringing more cops and more heavy artillery is just the worst strategy to fight crime. Actually, not even a bad strategy in the sense of being incompetent tactics, but part of the problem itself and object of corruption to politicians who want to sustain that system. Police force pressures the people to stay in its place, while education and a horizontal expansion of work opportunities give them independence from those at the top who finance the politicians who sell the idea that more police equals more safety. Batman beating criminals does not fight crime in any effective way, it may supress crime from occuring, but it does not act on the cause and thus it would only make things worse.

Then again, supervillains and comic book logic calls for Bats, I agree.
>>
>>79682938
I thought about that analogy before too. But for him to be like Batman imagine that after Siddharta travelled outside he'd conclude he ought to beat old people and euthanize sick people and tell beggars to shut up so to end the problem of suffering.
>>
>>79682538
Nolan Batman is a huge asshole though.
>>
>>79682559
Guns are the worst weapons in comic books. Anyone wearing a Cape can Dodge them.
except babs
>>
>>79682510
>all those run-on sentences
>poor punctuation
>no paragraphing
America is doomed.
>>
>>79684990
You know we're talking about Gotham right? Where most supervillains are respected doctors with actual degrees. Just look ate Freeze, Poison Harlleen, Crane, Kirk. I could go in but I guess you got my point. Also even those who aren't born in Gotham are really powerful and smart people like Ra's.
>>
>>79686374
And that gotham is not just a shithole like hub city, gotham is a mouth of hell, it has actual demons buried under it, it had witch hunters, ritualistic murders and cults, it was designed to make people go crazy, most settlers had some kind of mental problem, etc. The city is just terrible.
>>
>>79686374
Yeah, that's why I said that last line. Batman is not realistic in any way about crime, he doesn't fight real crime, he fights those villains.
>>
>>79682781
It's not that difficult when you're the most dangerous man on the planet and your enemies are idiotic criminals who can't shoot straight.

Seriously, go ask a cop how well gang bangers can shoot. He'll probably just laugh.
>>
>>79682827
>He doesn't know of Wayne Tech
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.