[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any X-Men villains left that would hype up a future movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 6
File: X-men-villains.jpg (2 MB, 1600x1280) Image search: [Google]
X-men-villains.jpg
2 MB, 1600x1280
Are there any X-Men villains left that would hype up a future movie?
>>
>>79681654
Yeah, how 'bout any of them? Half the movies have Magneto and/or racist humans as the villain.
>X1- Magneto
>X2- Racist humans
>X3- Magneto
>FC- Sebastian Shaw
>DoFP- Racist Humans
>Apocalypse- Apocalypse

Give me Arcade, Mojo, the Brood, the Shi'ar, hell give me fucking Cassandra Nova. The X-men have a huge rogues gallery and the movies barely scratch them beyond being cannon fodder for Magneto.
>>
>>79681654
Mr. Sinister, basically. I don't think they want to touch that clusterfuck of X-mythology though.

X-Men stories work in cycles, the same themes are usually repeated every ten years under different villains. Genosha would be interesting. Also Hope + Messiah Complex through Schism (ignoring the related Avengers materials; Wolverine is the star of the franchise and setting up Cyclops as a Magneto analogue would help prevent the Magneto fatigue the movies could possibly suffer from)
>>
>>79681724
This is exactly what I'm talking about here >>79681729

Those b-lister villains are cool in the comics, but they rarely lead themselves to epics necessary for film plots.

Focusing on the Shi'ar (even bringing up Deadly Genesis) could be interesting though. I'm sure they want to avoid another 60s flashback given the chronology they've set up, and too many films set in the past already, but it could give them a space saga to rival Marvel's GotG franchise.
>>
>>79681755
You absolutely know the next one will be the Phoenix saga. It just depends on if they want to stretch it out into a trilogy or try to do it in one.

Arcade would make normies laugh and not take him seriously before the movie even releases.

Mojoworld is too out there for general audiences to get.

So it's either Shi'ar or Sinister.
>>
>>79681911
>Arcade
He'd fit in some horrowshow, I think.
>>
>>79681654
I want Mojo for the memes.
>>
Anyone but Cassandra Nova please.
>>
Not X-Men, but Galactus and Dr. Doom.
Fox does have the rights...
Isn't it weird that the Fox logo in the beginning of an X-Men movie disappears but leaves the X visible just awhile longer, but they never did that with the F in Fox for the FF movies?
>>
>>79682162
Fox can't use FF characters in the X-men movies without Marvel's express permission, and there's no reason for Marvel to give them permission.
>>
>>79682180
Is there a source on that? Seems crazy.
My understanding is just that Fox owns the movie rights and that's the end of it, they could put Predator in an X-Men movie and it wouldn't matter
>>
>>79682162
>Dr. Doom and Magneto straight chillin
>Magneto with his respect for his adversary
>Doom's absolute loathing of his
>>
>>79681654
I'd be hype as fuck for Mojo. But that ain't happening.
>>
File: Krakoa.jpg (199 KB, 448x500) Image search: [Google]
Krakoa.jpg
199 KB, 448x500
>have Prof X going around assembling a new team
>tells new team that the old group needs saving

They should just keep things simple instead of all the racial discrimination and muties vs the government situations.
>>
>>79681924
Oh, I think he could be done well. But that's because you and I know him beyond the 90s TV show. The internet would spend a year or however long it's filming just pointing out how he's an 80s arcade operator and make jokes about his outfit and Pixels jokes and shit, it would be awful.
>>
>>79681654
>All this wasted potential

I hate the X-movies.
>>
>>79681729
>Implying the movies have ever attempted to translate the "X-mythology."

These movies have never actually tried to adapt the relationships and histories that give the characters their depth and meaning. If they did Sinister, they'd do a facsimile of his Silvestri look and make him an evil geneticist dude and that would be it.
>>
>>79681724
They sort of wasted Shaw too.
>>
>>79682200
It really isn't the end of it, Marvel has some veto power on a lot of things.
>>
>>79682276
They COMPLETELY wasted Shaw. They turned him from the leader of the Hellfire Club into a low-budget Mr. Sinister.
>>
>>79682300
For example, despite Fox having the live-action X-men rights, they needed Marvel's permission to make any X-men shows, which is why they had to come to a deal for Legion and Hellfire with them since Marvel wasn't going to just let them make it without getting something in return.

The result of that deal is that Marvel is co-producing both shows.
>>
Adversary, but they'd need Forge for that. So they can pull off a Fall of the Mutants. If they can find a new Mystique, I'd be cool with a Freedom Force.
>>
>>79682200
These rights contracts are 200+ page documents that need entire teams of lawyers to parse out. There's no "that's the end of it." They're labyrinthine legal monstrosities that have no simple answers.
>>
If Bryan Singer ever lets go of his new stranglehold on these movies, then they need to do a New X-Men on it. Move back to a contemporary setting, recast the leads (please get someone who gives a shit for Storm), keep the cast small (Prof. X, Cyke, Jean, Storm, Beast, Logan) and do a new villain. Emphasize the scifi but keep it light. Focus on giving each of the characters an arc and getting their relationships right.

It isn't rocket science, but here we are getting another Power Ranger movie that wants you to think it's a Chris Nolan "film."
>>
I'm really hoping that Deadpool makes all the money and proves to Fox that costumes and strangeness are in vogue right now.

If that happens, there's a lot of fun stuff you could do with X-Men once you back up off of the "everyone has to be a mutant, everything has to be allegorical racism" thing. X-Men has almost as many alien empires as Star Trek.

Though, with a Dr Strange movie coming out, I wonder if they'd be able to use Juggernaut's real origin.
>>
>>79681654
>caring about the X-men movies
>caring about these badly adapted cape films period
>>
>>79682300
>>79682348
Wonder how much power Marvel has, then. Could hire a team of lawyers to scrutinize Fox and be petty as hell.
"Wolverine can't say that line, an Avenger says that line in a non-X-Men comic. Reshoot the scene or lawsuit."

I do wonder what Marvel got out of the Legion deal. I'm dreaming they get to use the FF rights but doubt it, probably would've heard about it by now.
>>
>>79682262
With Apocalypse's role in the new movie, it'd be the perfect set-up. We could get Cable or Hope, and really fuck around with the mythology (since they can't play it straight, of course).

That could easily lead to Schism which would be the best thing to watch on film. At least then I don't have to groan that certain characters are portrayed wrong, since that was just a summer blockbuster clusterfuck to begin with.

It's a pity the New Mutants never had a real enemy, because those are the characters I want to see on the big screen the most.
>>
>>79682428
Honest to God if there's one thing I'd love to see in the X-Men FRANCHISE its a reestablishment as the X-Men as people who care about all freaks, not just people with the X-Gene.
>>
>>79683162
Cable is, at the least, meant to star in an X-Force movie soon. Ryan Reynolds is to come back as Deadpool for that as well.
>>
>>79682661
Would be a bit rich after they put a "Why don't you put the whole world in a suit of armor, Iron Man" line in AoU.
Besides for all the (justified) noise over Marvel and Fox's disagreements, they've always played ball when it comes to that stuff.
>>
>>79683162
>With Apocalypse's role in the new movie, it'd be the perfect set-up. We could get Cable or Hope, and really fuck around with the mythology (since they can't play it straight, of course).
>>79683214
>Cable is, at the least, meant to star in an X-Force movie soon
They said they specifically don't want to bring Cable's origin in the mix (either in X-Force or X-Men movies) because it contradicts AoA events and augments timetravel clusterfucks even more, so don't hold your breath.
You'll get Cable in Deadpool 2, and that's probably for the best.
>>
>>79681729
This. Mr Sinister would be GOAT
>>
>>79681654
If I was you, I would worry more about the Avengers.
>>
>>79683288
>They said they specifically don't want to bring Cable's origin in the mix (either in X-Force or X-Men movies) because it contradicts AoA events and augments timetravel clusterfucks even more, so don't hold your breath.
So, "listen Scott, in fifteen years you will marry mom and she's clone of Jean, hi Jean, then you sent me to future and here I am" won't happen? Fuck this gay Earth.
>>
>>79683316
Why do the Avengers need to worry?
>>
>>79681654
Honestly, using Mojo and Arcade for taking the piss out of modern media would be great but we will never see it happen.
>>
>>79682240
I hate cape movies in general
>>
>>79683443
because so far, they had only one villain that was exclusive to Avengers. Loki is also a thor villain, Thanos is mostly a cosmic villain. Ultron sucked.

Who's next? Grim reaper? Count Nefaria? Masters of Evil?
>>
>>79683504
You underestimate how many villains the MCU can use.
And yes, the Masters of Evil could be perfect, and could work throughout several movies even.
>>
>>79681654

Bryan Singer
>>
>>79683504
>Implying a Masters of evil movie wouldn't be based as fuck.
Just imagine the 1v1 duel between Baron Zemo and Cap where both their ideals and weapons clash.
>>
if they cared about x-kids Emma Frost and the Hellions could be cool
>>
>>79681724
>>79681755
Would Fox be willing to use the Shi'ar? Or the Brood? For a while they refused to even let fantastical elements like time travel or Giant robots.
They're obsessed with grounding things. More importantly, they're obsessed with the humans vs mutants angle. If you do a story about the Shi'ar, you can't make a story about mutant conflicts as an alegory for real-world prejudice, it would just be superheroes in space fighting aliens.
>>
>>79683548
Name me some cool villains for Avengers

>>79683570
Masters of Evil is one of the most retarded name for the group, with brotherhood of evil and brotherhood of evil mutants being close
>>
they got Dark Phoenix to do again
>>
>>79683615
>Name me some cool villains for Avengers
They never really had any that were exclusive to them (Ultron always sucked), I'm not sure why you only start to worry now. These movies really aren't built on the strength of their villains.
>>
>>79683650
How many times can you watch a marvel movie for quips, ignore meh plot, and mistreated villain, before you start to yawn?
>>
>>79683615
>Zemo
>Enchantress
>Executioner
>MODOK
>Madame Hydra
>Klaw
>The Leader
>The Celestials
>Dormammu
>Mephisto
>Wonder Man (obviously redeemed by the end)
>Grim Reaper
>Count Nefaria
>Madame Masque
>The Hood
>The Kree Empire
>Squadron Supreme
>>
File: 611013.jpg (141 KB, 600x929) Image search: [Google]
611013.jpg
141 KB, 600x929
I would be shocked if X7 isn't an adaption of X-Tinction Agenda instead of Dark Phoenix, it's got everything Fox could as for.

The Apartheid theme meshes well with the new cast's 80's theme, A lot of X-Men vs X-Men action can use Cable's original origin as a freedom fighter from the future and bring back Wolverine from wherever he is after DOFP.

and Cameron Hodge's Phalanx mode and Genosian army is unique enough to be memorable in a movie
>>
>>79683610
>For a while they refused to even let fantastical elements like time travel or Giant robots.
>They're obsessed with grounding things
Tom Rothman has left Fox, he's shitting up Sony instead now, in the grand Avi Arad tradition.

>they're obsessed with the humans vs mutants angle
To be fair that's the main thing that separates the X-Men from any other superheor group.

I think the main issue with the Shi'ar is their goofy design, it would get changed a whole lot for the movies to the point they'd be unrecognizable.
>>
>>79683705
Zemo is more of a Cap villain. Enchantress is more of a Thor's villain. Executioner is literally who.
MODOK could work, albeit he is too funny.
Madame Hydra already appeared in Wolverine.
Isn't Klaw reserved for BP movie?

The Leader is Hulk's enemy.

Celestials are not villains, and if even, they are more for Thor.

Dormammu is Dr Strange

Mephisto is Silver Surfer, but could work. However, a devil is too no-no for DisMarvel.

Wonder Man being a villain would be ultra lame.

Nefaria and Grim Reaper suck.

Madame Masque... give me a break

The Hood - now you're trolling.

Kree could be good.

Squadron Supreme are shitty JLA rip-offs
>>
File: black panther suplexing a lion.png (1 MB, 690x676) Image search: [Google]
black panther suplexing a lion.png
1 MB, 690x676
>>79683615

Kree/Chitari War
Zodiac
Collectors/Eternals/Those tier guys
Master Pandemonium
Kang
also there are always OCs

but like the other guy said Avengers is more about the heroes interacting and bouncing off each other. Avengers just didn't have as good artists designing their villains (Kirby and Ditko for example, I mean shit how many Kirby creations did I name)
>>
>>79683681
How many times can you derive entertainment from trying to force your opinions on others by sheer memeing?

>mistreated villains
Oh please, Tell me all about that wasted potential on Whiplash and Malekith.
>>
>>79683756
Kang belongs to Fox. The rest could work, even if they're not a big draws.

>>79683758
As many times as necessary.
>>
>>79683756
>Kang
Sorry anon, Fox has the rights to every incarnation of Kang thanks to Rama-Tut
>>
>>79683705
Only like 5 of those are actually enough to be the boss of a film.
>>
>>79683753
>Wonder Man being a villain would be ultra lame.
It could work, just like Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch started out as villains because of their hatred of Stark but switched sides by the end
>>
>>79683814
Yeah, this would be much much better. I only don't want him to be the major villain.
>>
>>79683753
>Mephisto is Silver Surfer
He first showed up in Surfer, but it's clear Fox doesn't have the rights to him since he was the bad guy in Ghost Rider. And now the rights to Ghost Rider are back at Marvel.
>>
File: hawkeye oh no.png (181 KB, 159x383) Image search: [Google]
hawkeye oh no.png
181 KB, 159x383
Wonder Man starting evil and turning is a great idea. If Zemo makes it out of Civil War maybe? Wonder Man vs BuckyCap

>>79683781
>>79683788

>Every incarnation

aww dammit
>>
>>79683851
Like I said, Mephisto would be cool, but I think that Marvel would probably avoid a satanic villain. But who knows?
>>
>>79683781
>As many times as necessary.
But it doesn't work anon. At all.
>>
>>79683873
But I'm not doing it hoping that it would work eventually. I am doing it, because it's an elephant in the room. There is no use to be in denial.
>>
File: Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_1_170.jpg (59 KB, 395x600) Image search: [Google]
Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_1_170.jpg
59 KB, 395x600
I forgot this was an X-thread

Storm v Morlocks
>>
>>79683705
I would add
>Ares
>Hades
>Zodiac Cartel
>Master Pandemonium
>Surtur
>Scientist Supreme of a more classic AIM
>The Real Mandarin
>The Beyonder
>Warlord Kro and the Deviants
>Attuma
>Shuma-Gorath
>Chthon
>High Evolutionary
>The Winter Guard (more rivals than enemies)
>>
>>79681724
i think arcade is with marvel, wasnt he included with the Ghost Rider rights?
>>
>>79683610
They're even less likely to use the supernatural elements like Limbo. So Belasco and Magyk will probably never show up.
>>
>>79683926
So she can be a deadbeat leader that does nothing as her people suffer again?
No thanks.
>>
>>79683978
B-but her strong independent mohawk!
>>
>>79683890
>someone who has a different opinion from me on a blockbuster action-comedy is in denial
Man that's some impressive autism.
I can't tell if you have a misplaced admiration for the source material that you'd think they'd make for deep and thrilling action movies, or if you simply don't watch that many movies outside of cape adaptations.
>>
>>79683964
Why the fuck would Arcade be included with Ghost Rider? Have they ever even fought?
If Arcade isn't at Fox or Marvel, he would be at Sony since he technically debuted in a Spider-Man book (Marvel Team-Up)
>>
>>79683865
>Kang apparently belongs to Fox
>aww dammit

I know. It fucking sucks that a preeminent Avengers villain is at Fox due to a fucking technicality. But James Gunn said it himself when speculation was that we'd get Kang in GotG2.
>>
>>79683946
>>Attuma
Wouldn't he be included in the whole Namor rights mess over at Universal?
>>
>>79683993
>Man that's some impressive autism.
Thank you. Being autistic on 4chan is a badge of honor.
>>
>>79683926
that is a terrible story, anon.

go think about what you did
>>
>>79684013
The Avengers Assemble cartoon is allowed to use Attuma even though Namor hasn't been allowed to show up in any licensed media since 2006. Make of that what you will.
>>
>>79684032
>Namor dead
>second ANAD wave has Attuma solo book
>>
>>79684022
One thing that makes me sad, is the readership obviously regressed to the level of retard.
Case in point, you are a fine example of average comic book reader 2016 A.D. in a natural habitat (internet)
>>
>>79684056
>second ANAD wave

No, they'll just be jumping straight into another relaunch this time. Bubble's popping, my man.
>>
>>79681654
Sauron would be cool. They'd just have to make him a member of the Brotherhood and omit any mention of the Savage Land
>>
>>79684084
This. The roof is on fire.
>>
>>79684084
>This post brought to you by the year 2014.
>>
>>79682661
Being petty as hell in legal disputes can very easily backfire. Judges don't really having to spend hours listening to arguments over why a lawsuit over a single line of dialogue not containing a trademarked phrase should be allowed to proceed. No lawyer is going to risk getting labeled a vexatious litigant and Disney isn't going to risk the bad publicity if people find out they're using lawyers to intentionally hold up and alter production.
>>
If you're hating on that Claremont stuff I don't know what kind of comics you want. Those're all the greatest
>>
>>79681654
Proteus/Kevin MacTaggert. Given how the Fox movies are making Moria more important, it would make sense.
>>
>>79684267
FC did. She was pretty (entirely?) absent in DOFP.
>>
>>79684368
Moira is in Apocalypse
>>
>>79684368
She appears in Apocalypse
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.