[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>GAINT PINK ASS SPACE LION WALKING THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE SHOW
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 20
>GAINT PINK ASS SPACE LION WALKING THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE SHOW
>WHO IS PINK DIAMOND ? WHO IS PINK DIAMOND??
>>
But anon, that's clearly a lion. Lions aren't diamonds.
>>
They were _lion_ to you when they said they didn't know.
>>
Let's dispel this fiction once and for all that Rose Quartz doesn't know what she's doing. She knows exactly what he's doing; she's undergoing a systematic effort to change this planet and make Homeworld more like the rest of the galaxy. Under a Yellow Diamond authority, we'll embrace what makes Homeworld the greatest planet in the universe.
>>
>>79679745
SU isn't real, boy.
>>
>>79679722
Anon really tries for some reason and I can appreciate that.
>>
>>79679764
Let's dispel this fiction once and for all that Barack Obama doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing; he's undergoing a systematic effort to change this country and make America more like the rest of the world. When I'm elected, we'll embrace what makes America the greatest country in the world.
>>
File: 1437020459890.jpg (70 KB, 616x633) Image search: [Google]
1437020459890.jpg
70 KB, 616x633
>>79679722
>>79679774
>>
File: su pizza hut.jpg (37 KB, 350x424) Image search: [Google]
su pizza hut.jpg
37 KB, 350x424
The whole series is just Rose fucking with everyone the whole time, calling it now. Yes, the entire life of Steven is just one giant prank. A ruse, even.
>>
File: 478.jpg (69 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
478.jpg
69 KB, 499x499
>>79679714
A common depiction is their representation as "king of the jungle" or "king of beasts"; hence, the lion has been a popular symbol of royalty and stateliness
>>
File: jesus dog.jpg (17 KB, 480x319) Image search: [Google]
jesus dog.jpg
17 KB, 480x319
>>79679858
>Lion can walk on water
>Jesus could walk on water
>Jesus is known as "The Lion of Judah"
>>
>>79679858
Then why a male lion? Is Rose secretly male? Is that why she looks like a big, fat crossdresser and why Pearl is so fucking gay for her?
>>
>>79679884
Is lion a boy? Has anybody checked?
>>
>>79680013
Wait it has a mane, I'm dumb.
>>
Hoo boy.
>>
>>79679844
He's either an experiment or Rose just wanted to reset her life since she knew shit was gonna hit the fan and she didn't feel like being around for the fallout. Maybe she knew about the Cluster and when she felt it was close for it to emerge she was like
"Yeah have fun handling this one. Imma chill on bellybutton island. Peace out bitches."
>>
>>79679701
I think the pink diamond is in the chest and will reform when opened.
>>
File: Amethyst_Purple_Puma.png (228 KB, 2028x2920) Image search: [Google]
Amethyst_Purple_Puma.png
228 KB, 2028x2920
>>79679884
>>79680013
DOES NOT MATTER

FOR FUCKS SAKE WE HAVE SEEN AMY BE A LITERAL MALE BIG CAT NAMED PUMA.
>>
>>79680026
>it's totally not just a design choice
okay...
>>
>>79680154
Nobody said anything about gender.

We were discussing sex.

Do cats even have gender identity?
>>
>>79680387
>Nobody said anything about gender.
from both posts
>Then why a male lion?
Is lion a boy?

fucking tumblrinas
>>
File: 1186585336899.jpg (16 KB, 235x226) Image search: [Google]
1186585336899.jpg
16 KB, 235x226
>>79680523
I repeat, nobody said anything about gender.
>>
>>79680552
you cant talk about gender without talking about sex

try too disprove me

protip you can't

plus they are space rocks how does this have any bearing on the thread
>>
>>79680571
>you cant talk about gender without talking about sex
Right, but you can talk about sex without talking about gender.

Checkm8 atheists.
>>
File: 111.jpg (38 KB, 630x337) Image search: [Google]
111.jpg
38 KB, 630x337
>>79680583
you can't.

example:I'd like to stick my penis into your vagina.

too fully understand this sentence you must understand the context of this sentence

1). The human penis is an external male intromittent organ that additionally serves as the urinal duct.

2.The vagina is a muscular and tubular part of the female genital tract.
>>
File: unsheathed.png (98 KB, 402x571) Image search: [Google]
unsheathed.png
98 KB, 402x571
>>79680628
>You can't
>proceeds to do it
Well you proved yourself wrong so I'm not sure how to respond at this point.
>>
File: 1348764844816.png (2 KB, 244x226) Image search: [Google]
1348764844816.png
2 KB, 244x226
>>79680646
did you miss the part were only males can have penis's and female's vagina's ?
>>
I read a theory that Lion is not Pink Diamond, but rather Pink Pearl. Sounds ridiculous, but it was actually quite interesting. The main support was that gem storage capacity seems to be an ability unique to Pearls based on their slave role in society. Who else can store things inside themselves? Lion.

It also gives us a hint of why Rose didn't tell Pearl about Lion. Perhaps a silly theory, but you can't say it's not an interesting one.
>>
>>79680660
none of that has to do with gender you tard.
>>
>>79680678
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3wcxHiorJ4
>>
>>79680736
boys/men, girls/women = gender
male, female = sex
stop being dumb.
>>
>>79680676
Better theory, Lion isn't a fucking gem. Every gem and gem monster we've seen so far had an external gemstone.
>>
>>79679701
>help Stephen rape Yellow and Blue diamonds with his friendship cock
>take him from behind when he least expects it
>according to keikaku*
>*TL note: "keikaku" means "plan"
Lion was the mastermind all along.
>>
>>79680766
so why does lion who is not a gem

eat corrupt crystal gem beast?

steven can feed him all the lion lickers he wants but he goes after them instinctively
>>
>>79680758
boys/men, girls/women can also equal sex depending on context.

But regardless, nobody was discussing a cat's gender identity.
>>
>>79680783
He's a high level autonomic construct. Probably Pink Diamond's.
>>
>>79680766
Slinker, Bird Monster from Giant Woman, Puffer Fish...
>>
>>79680766
THE FUCKING PAINTING WAS NOT EVEN A GEM JUST GROUNDED UP AND SHIT

wow atleast go over the source material before you bomb on the pop quiz sonny
>>
>>79680817
Pink Diamond is dead, anon. Why do you think Yellow Diamond is so pissed at Earth? Because she lost some soldiers?
>>
>>79680867
Yellow Diamond is pissed at Earth because the failed colonization and the rebellion resulted in a waste of resources, duh.
>>
File: 1418593051457.jpg (7 KB, 242x208) Image search: [Google]
1418593051457.jpg
7 KB, 242x208
>people don't know that sugar just stole from star wars and star gate and added a dash off invader zim along with many other things

its so obvious that lion is PD

its a fucking yoda

this character you equate with a pearl or a "storage box" can warp too the moon in a instant

not even amethyst the objective non fusion crystal gem can do.

but wait, theres MORE

NOT EVEN ADVANCE HOME WORLD CAN WARP.

JASPER USED A SHIP TO GET TOO EARTH
WAKE UP SHEEPEOPLE!
>>
>>79680867
What do you think "autonomic" means? Lion is capable of functioning and surviving independently from it's creator. Just like all of Rose's shit still works even though she's technically dead. And we don't even know if Pink Diamond was shattered.
>>
>>79679701
Gems aren't male.
>>
>>79680571
In this case you kinda can, since sex doens't exist for these gem motherfuckers on the show an they don't need sexual organs for procreation. It's like trying to decide what sex a fabricated pink tea cup has. It's female gendered but talking about its sex is riduculous. Of course, if you wanna be a stickler, we can discuss sex in the aspect that it's devoid of sex. But than we might as well talk about its race or absence of it. So for this specific discussion of space aliens, sex is not a factor when discussing gender (in every other context you are pretty right though).
>>79680552
Rarely have I seen this image used more appropriately.
>>
File: tumblr_o0n19vkHyh1rcs9gvo1_1280.jpg (610 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0n19vkHyh1rcs9gvo1_1280.jpg
610 KB, 1200x1200
So we can agree fusion is just a way for weak gems to become stronger, right?
>>
>>79681056
But what even is Lion
>>
>>79681165
Honestly I feel like "weak" can be removed and you'd be right. It's just that "stronger" can include strength of spirit instead of just raw power if you're doing it right.
>>
>>79680676
Isn't Pearl Pink Pearl?
>>
>>79681183
Maybe its' really a sophisticated plant construct shaped like a lion. Maybe it was once Greg's cat.

Even though I think Lion is more likely to be PInk Diamond than Rose, it still doesn't really add up to me, because I feel like it's more likely that Rose only created Lion shortly before she died than Lion's always been around for thousands of years and none of the other gems noticed and Rose never told them for some reason.
>>
>>79681213
The biggest mistake to come from the Peridemption bomb is people assuming that Pearls are only the personal attendants of Diamonds, instead of any fine class gem as Peridot pretty much clearly stated in the episode where she and Pearl had a gratuitous robot fight. If there are only four Pearls in existence, each one the majordomo of a Diamond, then them being so looked down on would make no sense.
>>
PERI
FUSION
WHEN?

and who will it be with?
>>
>>79679701
You the same nigga that made the powerpuff girls discussion thread aren't you...
>>
>>79681224
I agree with you to a point. I don't know if Rose made Lion, or he was some remnant of Something left over from the war.

Still stuck on what even is Lion
>>
>>79681247
This. Peridot said there are hundreds of Pearls. And that they're the errand girls of all sorts of aristocratic gems. Not just diamonds.
>>
>>79681649
>>79681224
My best guess is that Lion is... an alien that looks like a lion. It got really attached to Rose at some point during the intergalactic war, and swore to serve Rose. Maybe Rose stumbled into a "mouse stumbles on a lion with a nail in its paw" kind of situation, and for rescuing it, Lion gives Rose his eternal servitude.|

Whatever the reason that I'm sure we'll get later in a flashback episode, Lion swears his loyalty to Rose and, instead of go with her, just fucks to some corner of the galaxy. Until eventually it runs into Steven. The Lion can smell Rose on Steven and decides to protect Rose's offspring.
>>
>>79680950
Warping to the moon took a lot out of lion, he was visibly tired/worn out immediately after, Steven told him to rest for the return journey.

It was still an unusual power though, I grant you that.
>>
>>79680042
Great, more leaks.
>>
Talking about lion, why was Peridot allowed to go into his mane? We've seen the other gems were refused entrance before
>>
Everyone jokes about Greg's Cat but I think it ties in nicely with my theory that Rose was sent to earth by Pink Diamond to gather information and conduct experiments prior to full scale colonization. Based on the characterization of Rose in The Answer and We Need to Talk, which, granted, are two second hand accounts of her, she seems to exhibit curiosity & fascination with new/unusual phenomena, while still maintaining that sort of odd "Know-It-All" aversion to questioning her own assumptions.

We've seen gems in four states so far: whole, damaged, shards, and dust (Together Breakfast, the cursed drawing was confirmed to be composed of gem dust). Rose Quartz/Steven has been shown to have a thus-far unique ability to create life, sentient/semi-sentient life no-less, such as the watermelon Stevens. I've also posted my theory on here before that the corrupted gems are a result of gem experiments, or an experimental weapon that fuses gems and earth life, resulting in their monstrous-yet-biologically-inspired forms. I've also theorized that Steven is an example of a pure or successful form of those experiments - they failed in the past because they were trying to keep the original gem intact/conscious and merge it with the earth biomass/DNA as a secondary support - when Rose made Steven, she gave up her physical form/self which was the necessary step for the experiment to succeed.

I believe Lion could represent a middle-ground between the complete failures of the monstrous corrupted gems, and the successful result of Steven - maybe she tried creating him from a crushed gem, or specifically the crushed gem of Pink Diamond. Maybe the Pink Diamond gem had properties that allowed the experiment to be more successful than with more common gems. This would explain why he has no visible gem, but exhibits gem powers, and powers unknown to lesser gems.

Remember that when we first see Lion, his eyes are white like Lapis' - but then he sploots and his eyes go normal...
>>
>>79682124
Completing my thought, Lion = Greg's Cat + Pink Diamond, because clearly a cat is the only appropriate organism to fuse with a defeated emperor.
>>
I still think Lion is something Rose gave up to become a common gem. Something like her "royal essence" formed into an independent being hence why the lion symbolism and his previous design as a heraldic lion would make sense. So why doesn't anyone talk about Pink Diamond? Because as far as any other gem knows she just disappeared one day and not even the Crystal Gems know since they're not aware of Lion's existence.
>>
>>79679701
Do people really think Rebbeca is Not a hack?
Do you think she has the guts to make Rose evil?
This shit is going to end with a firendhsip beam or something. No tragedy or something , also Yellow diamond is going to be end as a good guy because Rebecca is a HACK.
>>
>>79682292
>also Yellow diamond is going to be end as a good guy
You've never seen a TV show in your life, have you
>>
>>79679701
http://lennat.tumblr.com/post/138290036932

ONLY PEARLS CAN STORE THINGS IN THEIR GEMS

DIAMONDS WERE THE ONLY GEMS SHOWN TO OWN PEARLS

PEARLS MATCH THE COLORATION OF THEIR DIAMONDS

PEARL IS WHITE

LION IS PINK, AND CAN STORE THINGS

LION IS A TRANSFORMED PINK PEARL

OPEN YOUR EYES
>>
>>79682608
so Lion is the only male gem?
>>
Rather than make a new thread:

Why doesn't Garnet believe in "Love At First Sight?" Isn't that pretty much what Ruby did? Ruby was crushing on Sapphire a little bit, asking her if she could stay on Earth a little longer, and by the end of the day they're pretty much madly in love.
>>
>>79681011
That's not a thing. Constructs are sustained by the Gem that made them, without it they poof. A poofed gem can still maintain a construct, but a broken one cannot
>>
>>79682608
I think other non-diamond high ranking gems owning Pearls can be reasonably inferred from the "hundreds of pearls" line. Hell, we can maybe even use that number to make ballpark guesses about the population of HW's leadership caste
>>
>>79681938
My theory is that Peridot genuinely cares for Steven, and Lion can pick up on that.
The big twist is that this implies the other crystal gems hold some deep subconscious resentment for Steven.
>>
>>79682292
you watch the show anyway though so...
>>
>>79680950
they used a ship to get to Earth because they broke the portal on Earth.
When peridot first showed up she used the teleporter, then Garnet broke it again
>>
File: 1454364431111.jpg (406 KB, 674x697) Image search: [Google]
1454364431111.jpg
406 KB, 674x697
>>79682666
Maybe because of sapphire's/garnet's future vision she realized she was gonna totally love this Ruby once they got to know each other and it wasn't really love at first sight, but... love at "second sight" badumchs
>>
Lion could well be the remaining half of Rose. Since Steven is half human, it stands to reason that Rose would only need to give half of herself.

Lion does resemble Rose's hair after all. Plus he has all of her stuff.
>>
>>79683599
Oh, I like this idea.
>>
>>79683599
>>79683897
Cool idea, but Saphire thought she was going to get poofed by Pearl/Rose and Garnet's narration said that Ruby's actions threw everything about Saph's future vision out of whack. She even implies that she won't be spending much time on Earth, that there would be no time to spend with Ruby. She didn't know. So shut your mouth salad.
>>
File: 1452249129278.png (118 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1452249129278.png
118 KB, 1000x1000
>>79683415
go to earth they said
>>
>>79679701
How do diamonds even know what lions is?
>>
File: images (24).jpg (31 KB, 423x347) Image search: [Google]
images (24).jpg
31 KB, 423x347
so, will we get updates on new episodes on romans' day
>>
especially going back to the moon
>>
>>79683415
That theory of yours doesn't even sound that crazy. While CG love Steven and do anything to protect him, deep inside they might always hold a bit of a grudge for him replacing Rose. Peridot has never known Rose and therefore only attached to Steven. Lion might be able to read their feelings involving Steven.
>>
>>79682608
>ONLY PEARLS CAN STORE THINGS IN THEIR GEMS
Since when? Garnet has summoned goggles from her gems before
>>
>>79681938
Firstly, that was just done just so they could fit all the characters on lion.
Secondly, maybe Steven went half into lion, and sort of held the hole open for peridot to squeeze into? Maybe other gems can't open lion's mane but Steven can pull them into it?
>>
>>79682666
Ruby and Sapphire wasn't exactly love at first sight. They fucking fused
>>
>>79682608
>ONLY PEARLS CAN STORE THINGS IN THEIR GEMS
Unverified.
>DIAMONDS WERE THE ONLY GEMS SHOWN TO OWN PEARLS
Wrong.
PEARLS MATCH THE COLORATION OF THEIR DIAMONDS
Their HAIR matches the colouration of their owner. They all have white skin. Pearl has pink hair.
>>
>>79684872
Also Peridot pulled a bomb out of her gem in her first appearance.
>>
>>79682666
I think it's safe to assume that some time compacting was going on in 'The Answer.'
>>
File: tumblr_nxl7u4odef1uc8ffzo1_540.png (122 KB, 519x503) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxl7u4odef1uc8ffzo1_540.png
122 KB, 519x503
>>79684055
The theory is that Sapphire's Future Vision was inferior to Garnet's Future Vision, because she could only see one path, the most likely path.

Ruby screwed everything up because she was unpredictable and rash. Once Ruby and Sapphire fuse, Ruby's unpredictable nature sort of "opened up" the Sapphire Future Vision into Garnet's, where she can see many paths, many outcomes.
>>
>>79685117
she* in my first sentence being Sapphire.
>>
>>79683826
I seems unlikely that Steven's birth could have also created a pink lion without Greg or the gems noticing.
Also, the tape was put there for Steven, so he could find it. How could Rose have put it there for him to find if lion was created when she "died."

Oh, and >it stands to reason that Rose would only need to give half of herself.
It really doesn't stand to reason. At all. Thinking that because he's a "half-gem" that means only half a gem was needed to create him is over-literal, ridiculous, nonsensical, unlogic.
>>
IT'S PINK, THEREFORE IT MUST BE PINK DIAMOND!
Christ, so much of the speculation for this show is just stupid. Not only do people jump to utterly ridiculous conclusions, they then act as if it's self-evident, proven fact.
>>
>>79685117
That makes a lot of sense. I always wondered why Sapphire's future vision seemed "stronger" than Garnet's, because she always seemed so certain.

But I more just wanted to let you know that your image was a funny response to my post.
>>
>>79681346
Steven or Garnet
>>
>>79685316
image searching steven universe salad nets far more results than i had anticipated, fwiw
>>
>>79684889
Why didn't Garnet just poof Peridot and Amy? Since they have no problems with reforming quickly. Then Steven can hold them in a bubble while Garnet holds him, and Pearl holds onto Garnet.
>>
>>79684979
>They all have white skin
Survey says wrong
>>
>>79685473
I dunno, it seems like getting poofed still fuckin hurts, even if Garnet did poof Amy in "What Are Gems" just for an example
>>
>>79685508
They do though. Yellow Diamond's pearl only seems to have yellow skin when we're looking at her through the yellow-tinted communicator. When we aren't, she clearly has white skin. Blue Diamond's pearl appeared in a segment where all the characters were rendered monochrome, their hair either changed to match their skin or their skin changed to match their hair. Since real life pearls are white, and other two of the three pearls we have seen definitely have white skin it's blatantly obvious that Blue Diamond's pearl actually has white skin and blue hair.
>>
>>79685473
I guess the animator's didn't want to go to the trouble of showing them poofing and reforming, and explaining why they were doing it. Plus it's just a nicer looking visual to have them all riding lion. Plus they probably don't want to over-use poofing, since that would drain it even more of drama.
>>
>>79685813
>>79685625
Amy and Garnet are also excellent shapeshifters. They could have made them selves smaller and wrapped around Pearl, Peri, and Steven.
>>
>>79679701
We haven't seen Lion's gem.
>>
File: sJjJcg0[1].png (162 KB, 520x292) Image search: [Google]
sJjJcg0[1].png
162 KB, 520x292
>>79686102
but we have Anon.
>>
>>79682645
Amy turns into a male wrestler

Doesn't make sense for Lion to be a shapeshifted gem. Amy says they can't stay shapeshifted for extended periods of time.
>>
>>79686233
My current working theory is that Lion is a corrupted gem that Rose tried to cure. Though it was only partially successful. Leaving Lion as a useful guardian for Steven and the Crystal Gems.
>>
>>79686275
I think the same, i see lion like a corrupted gem too
>>
>>79686229
Bismuth isn't a gem
>>
>>79686351
Neither is Pearl or Jasper.
>>
>>79686406
Uh, yeah they are.
>>
>>79686233
Exactly.
Unless Rose has done some serious Frankensteining, Lion is not actually a Gem.
He seems to actually be more of a utility companion.
He seems autonomous and useful, but not overly intelligent, like a seeing-eye dog.
Also he would be the only Gem to not display a stone openly.
I would suggest him to be a construct Rose produced by infusing an actual Lion with Gem tech and/or healing magic.
We know she used plants in combat, so why not work on animals, too?

>>79686275
>>79686322
There are no indications of this past lack of information to the contrary.
But think about it: If Rose could turn corrupted Gems into at least useful pets, why would she have a cellar full of bubbled Gems and not a zoo?
>>
>>79680013
They call him a he all the time
>>
>>79686450
maybe she only tried with lion, because was more important than the others
>>
>>79686406
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gemstone
>>
>>79686450
>If Rose could turn corrupted Gems into at least useful pets, why would she have a cellar full of bubbled Gems and not a zoo?
If the process was irreversible and not a total success, so she wanted to find a way to bring the others back properly.
Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.