[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is actually looking good. https://www.youtube.com/watc
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10
File: jungle-book-live-action-poster.jpg (136 KB, 700x1037) Image search: [Google]
jungle-book-live-action-poster.jpg
136 KB, 700x1037
This is actually looking good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4qgAaxB_pc
>>
It bothers me how much potential this movie has.
>>
I want to fuck Kaarlet Johansen
>>
>>79664552
Maybe I'm imagining things, maybe it's just that this is the first time we've seen it with the voice acting, but does it look to anyone else like they've "cartooned up" the designs since the first trailer?

Also, a lot of the voice acting seems REALLY off. Kingsley and Elba sound alright but Walken, Murray, etc seem really out of place.
>>
>>79664552
If it doesn't have a female Bagheera, don't care.
>>
File: hide the pain sad.png (759 KB, 855x632) Image search: [Google]
hide the pain sad.png
759 KB, 855x632
>Kaarlet Johansen will never ssswallow you whole.
>>
File: 1328523703126.jpg (68 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1328523703126.jpg
68 KB, 800x450
I wanna be...like you!
talk...like you!
>>
>>79666195
I wonder if it will be legit hypnosis.
>>
>>79666053
There's something about the sound editing that's a bit off. Elba's voice doesn't sound like its coming out of Shere Khan's mouth.
>>
>>79666069
My man
>>
This looks so great.

>>79666053
Murray was fine, especially with that last line about hibernation
>>
ScarJo sticks out like a sore thumb.
>>
>>79664552

>same music that was used in the Fant4stic movie

kek, I suppose there's some kind of message in that
>>
>>79666634

jesus fucking christ, I don't even watch christopher walken movies and immediately heard his voice and style in my head

top kek
>>
>>79664552
>And introducing
RIP this kid's career.
>>
>>79667074
The audio clips aren't played over the actual footage they're from. It's common in trailers.
>>
>>79664552
When are we finally getting a trailer for the other Jungle Book movie?
>>
>>79664552
The animals look off.
>>
>>79664552
Looks cute.
The last trailer was kinda grimdark. This one makes it feel more like the old Disney animated movie.
>>
>>79668775
this
>>
Looks extremely decent. It's weird hearing human voices come out of realistic CGI animals. I wonder if younger kids face that problem, or if it's just because I've registered only cartoon animals with voices growing up?
>>
>>79664552
Aren't there two different Jungle Book movies coming out this year

So who's the real Shere Khan, /co/? Bumblydick Cuminhersnatch or Ubiquitous Black Man?
>>
>>79669141
I had to look that up. That's hilarious, why the hell is Warner Brothers calling their movie "Jungle Book: Origins"? How much of a failed 2012 childhood memory reboot can you be?
>>
All I want is the live-action Mulan movie.
>>
>>79669753
I want one with Mulan played by JLaw. Asian women are always the saltiest SJWs online, the butthurt would be cataclysmic.
>>
>>79670114
>Asian women
>not white men
Dude, we JUST had SW:TFA and all that butthurt that came from whitey bitching and complaining about two of the main characters being a black dude and a white woman. People are still mad.
>>
>>79670483
>Not remembering this shitshow

They don't even care if there's no logic to it, or if they miss the point of it being a joke. They ravenously pile onto activism without the slightest understanding of what's going on
>>
>>79670551
>One Asian woman
>That people forgot about after a couple of months

I could understand if you mentioned some Asian "men" like Ian Miles Cheong and Arthur Chu but Asian women are too busy getting blown the fuck out in gender discrimination lawsuits to care about hashtag activisim
>>
>>79670651
This. That is nothing compared to the white nerd rage over TFA.
>>
>>79670755
Were they raging over Boyega or raging over the reaction to Boyega
>>
>>79664552
It already looked good.
>>
>>79671526
Over Boyega.
>>
>Christopher Walken as Christopher Walken as an Orangutan

I love it.
>>
>>79672363
Then they weren't SJWs.
>>
I'm surprised they got an Indian kid to play Mowgli.
>>
>>79664552
Why is big snake a gril now?
>>
>>79675270
Something to do with appeal or something.
I'd personally have hypnosis snek voiced by Karl Pilkington.
>>
File: the-jungle-book.jpg (2 MB, 1242x1614) Image search: [Google]
the-jungle-book.jpg
2 MB, 1242x1614
Actually reading both Kipling books has totally ruined the Disney version for me. Now I just think it's kind of stupid.

>Kaa as a goofy semi-antagonist
>Shere Khan as a feared master hunter
>King Louie existing at all
>>
>>79675436
watch the Russian animated jungle book movie called "Mowgli" it follows the book more closely and has some nice animation
>>
>>79675360
He gets paid in munchies
>>
>>79664552
I am excited for this movie. But at the same time I am thinking that if I was a little kid, and the same age I was when I first saw Disney's cartoon. I would have probably been scared.
It's nothing to me now, but from a kid's perspective I imagine that this rendition is pretty damn scary. The whole jungle really is dreary, and the beasts are legitimately intimidating and frightening.

I am kind of surprised. I wonder if there will be parents who will spontaneously go see it with their youngins, without really knowing what they're getting into.
>>
Are vultures in it? I hope the vultures are in it.

>>79675844
Yeah, it really seems like the sort of movie that would scare me as a kid.
>>
>>79675502
I may have to track that down. Are there any subtitled versions?

I'm also excited for the Warner Bros version because that seems like it will stick closer to the books. They've actually bothered to cast someone for Tabaqui, who isn't even in the Disney version.
>>
>>79669634
Because Disney would sue.

Origins is such an overused and shitty subtitle, they should've called it "Rudyard Kipling's Jungle Book" if it's going to be more accurate to the source material.
>>
>>79675976
youtube has both the full English dub and sub. The sub is better in my opinion.
sub https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAkyKttnKaM
dub https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6vQlGlucWQ
>>
File: JB_Payoff_1-Sht_v6_sm-1.jpg (414 KB, 864x1280) Image search: [Google]
JB_Payoff_1-Sht_v6_sm-1.jpg
414 KB, 864x1280
New poster.
>>
>>79676045
huh, maybe Kaa will be Mowgli's friend like in the book
>>
>>79666053
That's the first thing I noticed but honestly the voice acting being miscast is something that I think about for every animated animal movie
>>
>>79675984
There's still time, I hope they realize their mistake and do.
>>
>>79676075
Book Kaa is fucking awesome.

>whole jungle frightened of him
>oldest living thing in the jungle
>kind of a Lovecraftian monster, but friendly
>only animal to never really be frightened of Mowgli
>one of only three animals to sing farewell to Mowgli when "man returns to man"
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa7Aob_f0pQ
>>
>>79670114
Are you sure you mean "Asian women" and not "third-generation Asian-American teenagers"?
>>
File: beer.jpg (55 KB, 634x372) Image search: [Google]
beer.jpg
55 KB, 634x372
>>79676117
Interestingly, Alejandro González Iñárritu was supposedly in line to direct that version of the Jungle Book but left due to scheduling conflicts for the Revenant.

I wonder what that version would've been like.
>>
Why is Kaa a girl?
>>
>>79676338
>because hi/ss/
Really through, no idea. In fact, both Jungle Book movies have Kaa has a female for some reason.
>>
I feel like I'm on an alien planet. People are actually excited for this? Even when the trailer is pure cringe all the way through?
>>
>>79676382
I got a feeling thats gonna make a few boys confused and giddy.
>>
>>79676430
The original Disney Kaa was bad enough with giving people fetishes/awakening fetishes in people.
>>
I don't see it working for me. You have to do a lot to overcome the blandness of unrelenting, unstylistic grittiness. I don't think Disney has the balls or the writers to make it good in the conventional sense and I don't see them striking the same kind of lightning they did with Johnny Depp as Sparrow in this one.

It all looks so boring. Another faux epic.
>>
I'm just hoping the Disney/Warner simultaneous releases are enough to nip this shitty live-action remake thing in the bud.

If Disney wants me to see their movies, then they should just yank the stick out from up their ass and let more IPs into the public domain.

And at least animate movies, for Chrissakes.
>>
File: distress.gif (873 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
distress.gif
873 KB, 400x225
>YFW no Vultures
>>
>>79676338
Probably because it's an easier sell making the pedophile allegor y a woman.
>>
File: Fletchlidner.png (46 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Fletchlidner.png
46 KB, 250x250
Why is there a Fletchlinder around 1:20
>>
File: Pulp-Fiction-Gold-Watch.jpg (69 KB, 1600x675) Image search: [Google]
Pulp-Fiction-Gold-Watch.jpg
69 KB, 1600x675
Mowgli let me tell you about this watch
>>
>>79670755
>>79670483
>angry black guy

Boy that was just pol and tv trolling on twitter, even online journos eventually caught up on that.
If you want butthurt over being BLACKED.COM you could have mentioned Elba in Thor.
>>
>>79676338
>>79676382
They had to have "female presence" or some bullshit.
I'm more pissed that is ScarJo of all people. I mean really, you bet on "star power" for VAs in the Jungle Book? Fucking hell.
>>
>>79664552
Honestly, I was kind of expecting Kingsley to voice the tiger.
>>
>>79679342
It was all over the internet, dude.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.