[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What ANAD books are you reading?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3
File: 4604713-untitled-1.jpg (875 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
4604713-untitled-1.jpg
875 KB, 1280x720
Was behind on comics, just caught up to Secret Wars. My pull list is has no Marvel anymore. So what are you guys reading?
>>
>>79664034
Vision and Squadron supreme, both are near cancellation levels so yeah
>>
>>79664059
Is Squadron Supreme a continuation of Squadron sinister or a new thing?
>>
Hercules - Fantastic
Squadron Supreme - Perfect
Amazing Spiderman - Good
Black Knight - Cancelled
Illuminati - It aight
Red Wolf - It's okay but the story is still setting up.
Doctor Strange - Story is entertaining.
Web Warriors - Loving this bit the emphasis on Gwen is a bit dull
>>
>>79664034
Only Vision. I tried out over a dozen titles but I'm only sticking with that.
>>
>>79664112
I hate that Red Wolf time travels in the first issue.

Fucking shit
>>
>>79664034
Vision.

I'll add Gwenpool when that comes out, though.

I do feel obliged to point out, I haven't read any DC in months, so Marvel is still winning.
>>
Vision is the best comic marvel has put out in years. I like Doctor Strange too but a lot of anons get butthurt about the art. Also Ultimates in great and Ms. Marvel is the same as before.
>>
>>79664147
I know right, i was expecting him to to adventures with other western marvel characters but time travel doesnt work for no mutants
>>
>>79664034
Things that I'm really enjoying:

Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur -- Because I love dinosaurs.
Ms. Marvel - Still good
All-New Wolverine - Best X-Book out
Contest of Champions - Better than the last fight book, that's for damn sure.
Totally Awesome Hulk - Fun stuff
Ultimates - It makes Carol interesting!
Vision - Simply excellent
A-Force - It has Nico Minoru, therefor I read it.
New Avengers - I'm looking forward to the American Kaiju.
>>
>>79664034
Vision, Totally Awesome Hulk, Ms. Marvel, Hercules, Hawkeye. I'm also reading Amazing Spider-Man and Daredevil, but they're kind of boring me so far so I may drop them.
>>
>>79664212
>i don't read DC
>therefore Marvel is winning

What?
>>
>>79664034
Ultimates, Weirdworld, and Vision, they all have pretty art, so that's good enough for me
>>
A lot of them, provided they'e in win O' threads or storytimed.
>>
>New Avengers
My favorite ANAD book; I love the brisk pacing and all of the characters really gel so far. I like how character development seems to be a big focus despite this not really being a big ~event~ comic.

>Vision
Great, but not my favorite King work. It's a little bit too on the nose with horror/feels like any other horror book from Vertigo in the 90s. That said, it's still one of the best comics being published right now.

>Totally Awesome Hulk
Totally awesome. Fun writing, gorgeous art. I fear what this book is going to look lie when Cho leaves though.

>Ultimates
Muh intellectual pseudo-science rambling. I love when writers do that shit and I love this book. I'm confused about where the current storyline is heading though.

>Spidey
I don't give a fuck about continuity and every issue so far has been a quick fun read.

>Karnak
One issue in because of delays, but still fantastic. I love Ellis.

>Uncanny Avengers
Surprisingly decent after a really horrible 1st issue. I enjoy it, and I really like Synapse's character design.
>>
I thought Death's Head was supposed to get a comic.

What happened to that?
>>
>>79664349
>I don't give a fuck about continuity and every issue so far has been a quick fun read.

Only if you REALLY don't understand jack shit about the Spider-man character and the character history could you enjoy that book.

It's probably one of the biggest OC shit I've seen.
>>
File: 559be9de6dd57.jpg (116 KB, 560x850) Image search: [Google]
559be9de6dd57.jpg
116 KB, 560x850
Ultimates is kinda like if the illuminati were not a bunch of white dudes, and didn't fuck up everything.
>>
>>79664399
Canned when Gillen left Marvel
>>
>>79664034
Scarlet Witch
Spider-Man
Ultimates
>>
>>79664034
I'm boycotting everything Marvel until Thor and Cap come back.
>>
>>79664515

Shit.
>>
Vision
Hercules
Squadron Supreme
>>
>Vision
/co/ won't shut up about this book, but it really does deserve most of the praise it's been getting.

>Uncanny Avengers
Best Avengers title out of a slew of fairly good ones, in no small part due to Duggan sticking to Remender's plots/ideas (hopefully biding time for Rick to come back).

>New Avengers
I actively dislike a few of the characters on the team, but it's all in all pretty zany fun. I'm hoping this new villain aspires to more than being Cthulhu Thanos

>Ultimates
Bit of a hate read, honestly. I like Ewing--emphasis on "like"--which is why I'm giving it a chance, but it looks like it's continuing the dilution of the cosmic side of the universe for the sake of making the superheroes look cool. A big no-no, but again, I believe he can turn it around.

And I'll probably check out an issue or two of Gwenpool; those back up stories were pretty fun.
>>
>>79664515
First Angels went from potentially having potential and having it flushed down the toilet and now this?

Gillen pls
>>
>>79664683
>hopefully biding time for Rick to come back

Is the book still unintetionally hilarious?
>>
>>79664599
>>>/v/
>>
>>79664034

>Good
Vision
Herc
Ms Marvel
Karnak
ANAD Wolverine
Karnak
Oldman Logan

>Decent
Uncanny Xmen
ANAD Avengers
Silver Surfer
Squadron Supreme
Howard
Dr Strange

>Meh
Captain Marvel
A-force
WeirdWorld
Scarlet Witch
Mighty Thor

>Bad
The rest of the Xmen titles
>>
>>79664711
The boneitis thing from the first issue isn't a problem now that Stegman wasn't being rushed, if that's what you mean.
>>
Well, at least theres reprints, I guess...
>>
>>79664734
>Decent
>Uncanny Xmen
It's drawn by Greg Land can be better than fucking terrible.
>>
>>79664743
No I mean everyone in Remender's run was a clueless self-righteous douche who liked to give grandiose speeches. It was hilarious.

I really hate the fact that he left his Cap run unfinished. It was his best work at Marvel, despite suffering from obvious Remenderisms.
>>
>>79664793
Shut the fuck up Boco.
>>
>>79664841

Yes sir...
>>
>>79664832
>clueless self-righteous douche who liked to give grandiose speeches
Nah, Remender was just expanding on the theme of hubris, how both sides of the "debate" were being foolish and only thinking of themselves. He was clearly commenting on how stupid AvX was.

And his best work by far is still Rage of Ultron.
>>
All New, All-Different Avengers
All-New Wolverine
The Amazing Spider-Man
Astonishing Ant-Man
Carnage
Contest of Champions
Deadpool (might drop)
Deadpool and the Mercs for Money
Howard the Duck (might drop)
Invincible Iron Man (might drop)
Ms. Marvel
Nova
Old Man Logan
Silk (might drop if the original artist doesn't come back... yeah, petty)
Spider-Gwen (might drop)
Spider-Man (might drop)
Spider-Man 2099
Spider-Man/Deadpool (might drop)
Spider-Woman
Spidey
Venom: Spaceknight (might drop)
Web Warriors
>>
>>79664912
Rage of Ultron was total shit
So was AXIS

I don't understand how anyone could have enjoyed them and I've been a marvelfag since 2007
>>
>>79665072
>Rage of Ultron was total shit
Your opinion is total shit my friendo
>>
>>79664034
Amazing Spider-Man - Good
ANAD Avengers - Good
Captain Marvel - Decent(only 2 issues so far, I think?)
Invincible Iron Man - dropped
New Avengers - Art so bad, I had to drop
Uncanny Avengers - Good enough for now
All-New Inhumans - Good
Uncanny Inhumans - Great
All-New X-Men - Bad
Extraordinary X-Men - Readable
Uncanny X-Men - Great
All-New Wolverine - Great
>>
>>79665072
AXIS was clearly hamstrung by editorial, but Remender still managed to squeeze enough substance and even fun into it to not feel like a complete mess like Infinity.

>Rage of Ultron was total shit
It thoroughly dissected dissected the Pym family tree, asked more questions on moral ambiguity than the entirety of Hickman's run, and managed to be a more focused example of his "tortured man" trope than any of his indies. And he did it all in 120 pages.
>>
Nothing.
I don't even care anymore, nothing catches my eye. The only thing I care about is Lemire's Moon Knight future run.
>>
>>79664092
Yes
>>
>>79665072
>I've been a marvelfag since 2007
1999 Marvelfag checking in. You missed out on one of the worst periods in Marvel history, Austen's Uncanny/X-Men run and his brief stuff with the Avengers.
That shit set my bar so low as a kid, I can enjoy almost anything... it fucked me up big time.
>>
>>79665231
You sound sad.
>>
Vision
Hercules
Black Knight What a fucking disappointment
Dr Strange
Ant Man
ANAD Avengers
Howard le Duck
Chulk
Sam Wilson Captain America
>>
>>79665339
Sad and pathetic.
I fucking hate my life at times.
>>
So far, I'm reading
>Daredevil
>Hercules
>Ms Marvel
>New Avengers
>Scarlet Witch
>Vision

I haven't decided yet on
>A-Force
>All New, All Different Avengers
>Captain Marvel
>Old Man Logan
>Spider-Man
>Totally Awesome Hulk
>Ultimates

And I tried these, but didn't care for them:
>Angela: Queen of Hel
>Black Knight
>Doctor Strange
>Illuminati
>Invincible Iron Man
>Spider-Man/Deadpool
>Uncanny Avengers
>Uncanny Inhumans
>>
>>79664804
shit, i meant can't
>>
Vision's the only one although I may give Hercules and Scarlet Witch a shot in trade
>>
>>79665616
Hercules will probably only get one or two trades at the most.
>>
Keeping Up Month to Month
Doctor Strange
Ms. Marvel
Vision

Enjoying first few issues but currently taking a break from
All New Hawkeye
Astonishing Ant-Man
Captain America: Sam Wilson
Captain Marvel
Daredevil
Silk

Dropped:
ANAD Avengers (after #2)
Black Knight (after #1)
Hellcat (didn't finish the first issue)
Howling Commandos (after #1)
Invincible Iron Man (after #5)
Rocket Raccoon and Groot (after #1)
Spidey (after #1)

Will check out:
Black Panther
Black Widow
Karnak #2
Moon Knight
Power Man and Iron Fist

I started reading a lot of more comics monthly than I usually due for the reboot, overall my feelings are mixed.
>>
ms.marvel - pretty good, the family parts > super hero parts
uncanny inhumans - great, Ahura is kinda cool
all new inhumans - good actually making me like the nuhumans, seems like Soule and Asmus are not on the same page
extraordinary x-men - not muh Magik
uncanny x-men - I wish it had better enemies
Karnak - fucking fantastic, this is the closest we have been to chapter two they can't possibly push it back r-right?
Vision - great love the tone, I hope Viv lives
moon girl and devil dinosaur - a bit slow starting but ok
A-force - I'm enjoying it
Ultimates - Not a big Blue marvel fan hopefully focus gets passed around because it has been one sided so far
Contest of champions - fun
>>
>>79664034
Nothing.
>>
>>79665751
I'm not expecting Vision or Scarlet Witch to get more than two either, so that's fine
>>
File: fuckingspiders!.jpg (664 KB, 1580x1927) Image search: [Google]
fuckingspiders!.jpg
664 KB, 1580x1927
>>79664034
lets see spidergirl, spiderwoman, regularspider, blackspider, and other blackspider. WTF is it with spiders and marvel.
>>
>>79667010
They will probably get more, by virtue of appearing in movies.
>>
>>79667155
>WTF is it with spiders and marvel
To be fair: they actually wanted to use Bats; but that was already taken.
>>
Vision is the only one out right now that I have absolute faith in. It's too bad it's just a stealth mini plot for Marvel to snatch Tom King away from DC though.
>>
>>79671740
Just you wait until they get it caught in the event or a crossover
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.