[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With James Wan directing and Jason Momoa starring, we can assume
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 16
File: jameswan.jpg (171 KB, 1291x850) Image search: [Google]
jameswan.jpg
171 KB, 1291x850
With James Wan directing and Jason Momoa starring, we can assume this movie will be both badass and scary as fuck.

Does this mean all the leftover casuals who still make fun of Aquaman will finally be silenced?
>>
>>79163773

I don't know, but man I hope this movie winds up as great as it sounds right now.
>>
>>79163773
SCARY OCEAN CRITTERS
>>
I'm sure the director of Saw 3D will do a great job
>>
>>79163773
I just hope they actually cast a good Mera. Aside from that, this movie has so much potential.
>>
>>79163924
I mean all you faggots suck the You me and Dupree director's dicks
>>
>>79163773
He quoted Lovecraft while talking about Aquaman, so it is something.
>>
>>79163936
Amber Heard is rumored and she is fine as fuck
>>
It's cool that Namor is getting a movie.
>>
>>79163957
Has... Has Aquaman ever really been about fighting cosmic horrors that sleep below the deepest seas before?

The stories I've seen of him tend to be more along the lines of Atlantean royal politics and infighting or being bullied by Black Manta
>>
>>79163773
No it doesn't. Once the public associates a comic book character to a certain incarnation the public opinion won't change. Aquaman will forever be the lamest Super-Friend to non comic book readers.
>>
>>79164028
>He hasn't read The Trench
>>
File: 1451355035934.gif (1 MB, 360x198) Image search: [Google]
1451355035934.gif
1 MB, 360x198
>>79163773
>Deep sea shit

I'm going to cry and pee
>>
>>79164028

Wasn't the first New 52 Aquaman story about those Trench creatures eating people and Aquaman/Mera go into the sea to find the scary ass nest?
>>
File: zur_en_arrh_by_glantern133.jpg (397 KB, 623x800) Image search: [Google]
zur_en_arrh_by_glantern133.jpg
397 KB, 623x800
>>79164075
So... one story in a 75 year history?

You might as well say that Batman is all about getting high as fuck and beating up people with a baseball bat
>>
File: giphy.gif (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
3 MB, 800x450
I still don't know why they released the Aquaman pic with all those shitty colors
>>
>>79164053

Well, casuals wouldn't make fun of Ant-Man anymore right? I'm pretty sure they thought he was lame until the recent movie.
>>
>>79164202
the Brave and the Bold story where he and Etrigan fight Cthulu
>>
>>79164202
There's more, like the Brave and the Bold issue where him and Etrigan have to stop a Cthulu-like mother fucker every year or Earth is fucked.
>>
The design of his pants is pretty cool
After seeing WW in action I think his costume is the best one up there with Superman's costume
>>
>>79164075
I wish you faggots would stop jerking off over that arc. It's one of the most pedestrian displays of "deepsea horror".
>>
>>79164234
no one knew who ant man was until that movie
>>
>>79164202

Well, you can't really have royal politics until Aquaman is involved in Atlantis correct? I'm assuming the first movie would be more about a person having powers and barely learning about what all this atlantis shit is that he will eventually become responsible for.
>>
>>79164261
crotch
>>
File: 1452456742335.jpg (19 KB, 225x209) Image search: [Google]
1452456742335.jpg
19 KB, 225x209
>>79163773
>>79163878
>>79163936
>starring awful actor from Game of Thrones and Conan
>director of crappy horror flicks and Furious 7
>"It will be good! :)"
No
>>
This is legitimately the only DC movie I give any shits about. Wan tweeting Cthulu and Kaiju shit has me hype.
>>
What happened to that "realistic" MK movie he was going to make?
>>
File: aquamanV8_19pg2.gif (220 KB, 410x630) Image search: [Google]
aquamanV8_19pg2.gif
220 KB, 410x630
>>79164202

shut up senpai
>>
>>79164165
Yeah it was. It was developed further about 20 issues later which I won't spoil. But suffice it to say there is a lot more depth (lel) to them.
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 640x441) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 640x441
>>79163924
He did the first Saw, Insidious and Conjuring. So he launched three horror franchises. Then he did Furious 7, which broke a billion and proved he can do action as well as horror. He'll be fine.

>>79163957
He tweeted pic the day he was announced as director. A horror based capeflick would be a great direction to take Aquaman. We haven't had one since Hellboy.
>>
>>79164452
Johns also said in the hype segment last night regarding Aquaman: "What else is down there, Aquaman knows".

Certainly points towards a Mera/Arthur team searching the depths and fighting monsters. I could see it being an adaption of the trench, with the discover of Atlantean ships and symbols adding plenty of depth.
>>
>>79164452
All of those films are bad, anon.
>>
>>79164346
BBBB
B B
B B
BBBB
B B
B B
BBBB
>>
>>79163773
Even if the movie is good, moviefags will only like the movie and still claim that comics Aquaman is lame
>>
>>79164346
Can a person be more ignorant/dumb?
>>
>>79163773
>Does this mean all the leftover casuals who still make fun of Aquaman will finally be silenced?

People will always make fun of Aquaman anon.

and thats ok it;s funny.
>>
>>79164528
Well, if they pick up any aquaman comic in response to the movie it will be new 52 issue one which goes a long way towards dispelling Aquaman myths.
>>
>>79164506
Yet they still made a ton of cash, spawned sequels and brought him more respect and money in a week than you will have in a lifetime.
>>
But i thought you all wanted happy-go-lucky stuff from DC? Like the funny books.

What's will all the "Then & Now" pictures that allways got posted?
And the constant complaining about "grimdark" and "edgy"?
>>
>>79164572
We can only hope they pick up Johns or Parker instead of Bunn
>>
>>79164028
There was a story where Aquaman teamed up with Etrigan to take care of some deep sea horrors
>>
>>79164675
Mera also shot him out of a water cannon so he could superman punch the shit out of a mythological beast.
>>
>>79164608
>they made money so they're good
hurr hurr hurr. And who the hell respects the goddamn Saw films?
>>
>>79164545
Can you be any more of a fanboy dick rider?

You can say it will possibly be okay, but calling the director and casting choices "perfect" is retardation
>>
As long as Superfriends exists, people will make fun of Aquaman.
>>
>>79166004
First one was pretty great
>>
File: aquaman and mantabot maybe.png (430 KB, 766x410) Image search: [Google]
aquaman and mantabot maybe.png
430 KB, 766x410
Black Manta robot?
>>
>>79169287
Lex Drone
>>
>>79166050

literally pleb taste.
>>
>>79169287
DID YOU SAY BLACK MANTA ROBOT
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1BfpeHmmQU
>12:10
>>
>>79166004
They were entertaining at the very least. Saying they were bad is a straight up lie though. It's like when that Vash faggot started saying David Ayer was a shitty director, then saying something like "I'm actually a big David Ayer fan, but I don't think he should be directing these kinds of movies". If James Wan, David Ayer and Zack Snyder have never made a good movie because they were all entertaining popcorn flicks, then the Russos haven't ever made a good movie either.
>>
>>79169512
What the hell, I'm dying. The start of this video and I already know this man is way too based.
>>
>>79163924
oh you mean the guy who directed the first Saw moive, the good one? The one that spawned 7 cunting sequels? & the first Conjuring film? Didn't that get some sequels too? Oh he also directed Furious 7, the 3rd highest grossing movie of 2015?

Yeah, I'm sure he can handle it.

>B-But just because they made money doesn't mean they're good!

Yeah go jerk off to bought RT scores.
>>
>>79169512
what did the guy say to him?
>>
>>79163773
Nah cause casuals aren't gonna watch it. If it's good it'll become a cult kind of movie. If it's shit it'll just be another flop. Either way casuals aren't gonna be into it.
>>
>>79171881
Casuals saw Ant-Man. This will do fine.
>>
>>79163924
Just as much as a great job as that one director of a shitty Romcom did for The Winter Soldier
>>
>>79169598
>Saying they were bad is a straight up lie though
The first one is decent at best and has the worst acting of the entire series. The rest are all garbage that think the audiences cares about the shitty plot and justification for Jigsaw's immoral actions instead of just showing people die. And after a while even that gets boring when you get used to it and stop cringing.

>It's like when that Vash faggot started saying David Ayer was a shitty director, then saying something like "I'm actually a big David Ayer fan, but I don't think he should be directing these kinds of movies"
I don't know who Vash is but I find most of Ayer's output to be lackluster outside of Training Day's script.

>If James Wan, David Ayer and Zack Snyder have never made a good movie because they were all entertaining popcorn flicks, then the Russos haven't ever made a good movie either.
Bringing in more company war shit, are you. Good thing I don't care about the MCU. So you can stop trying to bait me into that.

>>79171233
>Yeah go jerk off to bought RT scores.
I'm basing the quality of his work on my own opinions. But please, keep jacking off to how much money this guy's movies has made while DC negotiates having Michael Bay direct a future film of theirs.
>>
>>79166004
First one (the one that Wan directed) was pretty good. It basically brought interest back in the horror genre again and started a wave of good, lower budget but high preforming horror flicks like Hostel, Paranormal Activity, Conjuring, Sinister, etc.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 1024x768
>>79163910
The trench become a bunch of real life deep sea creatures.
>>
>>79171998
>I'm basing the quality of his work on my own opinions.

Your opinions are shit then as well as uninformed because Wan didn't direct Saw 3D.

>But please, keep jacking off to how much money this guy's movies has made while DC negotiates having Michael Bay direct a future film of theirs.

Sounds fun to me, keep hoping whomever your favorite meme director you have a hard-on for will decide to direct a funny book movie.
>>
>>79171998
>DC negotiates having Michael Bay direct a future film of theirs.
Jesus, you're just a fountain of completely cliched opinions. For all the shit Bay gets for the Transformers sequels and his very unique visual style, it's pretty undeniable that he can make some really fun movies and is still a massive draw. Bad Boys and the Rock were good and a fun watch. The first Transformers was an entertaining watch and spawned a franchise with billion dollar films. Pain and Gain was similarly entertaining. Motherfucker isn't deep, but he's good with popcorn movies. The genre capeshit completely a part of.
>>
>>79163773
Bad casting choice, poor Aquaman
>>
With Wan's past I think we'll get a more Pozner/Sword of Atlantis/Waterbearer mystic Arthur and Atlantis, despite the 90s design, I'm preemptively pretty hype.
>>
>>79163773
Nope. DC always tried to preemptively create something by pairing bug directors with big stars. And it's always backfired. They should do the marvel route and do smaller directors and lesser known stars.
>>
>>79173753
Reminder that you're saying this about the company who cast Ray Fisher as a major role
>>
>>79173753
>Jason Momoa
>big star

>Ray Fisher
>big star

>Ezra Miller
>big star

>Gal Gadot
>skinny star

Fucking Jesse Eisenberg is a bigger star than them.
>>
>>79163773
As long as it's FF7 action and deep sea scary then fuck yeah
>>
>>79174888
Trips of truth. I just want to see some sharks rip shit apart shit and a badass fight with Orm and I will be happy. Go full JLAS on his character. He is the Sea King.
>>
>>79174185

The first four Batmans are probably the only times they've done it.

Cavil and Snyder weren't really hot shit, and Nolan made his name with his Batman trilogy and Bale wasn't really that huge.
>>
>>79163773
Momoa seems intimidating until you realize he's got derp eyes.
Seriously look at one of his casual photos they point in different directions
>>
>>79175053
One eye on the trench and the other on the surface.
>>
>>79172413
>Your opinions are shit then as well as uninformed because Wan didn't direct Saw 3D.
I wasn't that anon. I was talking about the first Saw and Dead Silence and Insidious and all that crap

>Sounds fun to me
Of course it does, you have no standards.

>>79172452
>it's pretty undeniable that he can make some really fun movies and is still a massive draw
His films would be more "fun" if the scripts weren't so god awful. It makes anything besides the action (when it's readable) unbearable to sit through.

>The first Transformers was an entertaining watch
It's literally no different from the other three films. Same plot beats and garbage action scenes.

>and spawned a franchise with billion dollar films
More talk about money as if it matters more than the quality of a movie...

>Pain and Gain was similarly entertaining
No it wasn't.
>Motherfucker isn't deep, but he's good with popcorn movies
No he's not.
>>
>>79175099
>No it wasn't
>No he's not

God it's like being on /v/. Name all the directors that fit your myopic criteria of good film that would even be remotely interested in directing cape movies.
>>
>>79163773
>does this mean all the casuals who still make fun of Aquaman will finally be silenced?
Awww, your hope and optimism are so cute! Here's what all your Facebook friends are gonna post:
>lol, I'm not even gonna WATCH Aquaman, like, if I wanted to watch someone talk to fish, I'd watch Little Mermaid...
>Um, okay, but Marvel is already better than DC AND they have Manor or whatever, sooo
>Wow, I'm not gonna watch this trash. They gave Aquaman a bunch of powers JUST to make him look cool and compete with the Avengers!

I just hope they keep the sharks retarded like they are in the comics
>>
File: 1402730656848.jpg (66 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1402730656848.jpg
66 KB, 640x480
>>79176344
Good thing most people outside of facebook or some comment section on sites like ScreenRant/CBA aren't faggot try hards failing at internet witticism all in the pursuit of a "like" from their "friends" because of their severe case of HPD.
>>
>>79163773
T R E N C H
R
E
N
C
H
And Arthur/Mera already being couple. Lets skip over awkward beginnings of romance for once, shall we.
>>
File: AquonanResize.png (2 MB, 950x1394) Image search: [Google]
AquonanResize.png
2 MB, 950x1394
I, for one, welcome our new aquatic overlord. I'm looking forward to Aquaman and Wonder Woman more than BvS at this point.
>>
File: 1431861967020.gif (3 MB, 285x214) Image search: [Google]
1431861967020.gif
3 MB, 285x214
It'd be neat if there's cosmic horror looking sea creatures that Atlanteans keep as tame pets.
>>
File: Topo_-_New_52.jpg (1 MB, 1984x1840) Image search: [Google]
Topo_-_New_52.jpg
1 MB, 1984x1840
>>79176937
Well, Aquaman has Topo.
>>
File: 3283540-img_7154.png (565 KB, 639x374) Image search: [Google]
3283540-img_7154.png
565 KB, 639x374
>>79176937
Johns kinda tried that by turning Aquaman's pet octopus into this thing.
>>
>>79163773
Why people making fun of Aquaman is even a thing?

Granted, my only exposure to Aquaman was Justice League cartoon before I learned about Aquaman hate, but I thought he was bitching in it. He could control all underwater creatures, he had super strength and a nice beard. Today he manages to have good comic book ongoing. Just what is there to make fun of?
>>
>>79177082
Supperfriends and a scene in family guy or something..
And then that it just kept getting perpetuated
>>
>>79177082
Superfriends.
>>
>>79172249
Aw it's kinda-

oh
>>
>>79175053
Go to Momoa's face and tell him he has derp eyes. Honestly, he'll probably just laugh at you before slapping you into submission with 1 finger.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.