[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Black Adam’s daughter makes a deal with the Egyptian god Set.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 4
File: blackadam.jpg (36 KB, 363x435) Image search: [Google]
blackadam.jpg
36 KB, 363x435
Black Adam’s daughter makes a deal with the Egyptian god Set. so his powers from Egyptian deities – rather than Captain Marvel’s Greek influenced. Why does this make Adam so evil and Cap so good?
>>
Cause ancient Egypt is foreign but ancient greece is the cradle of western civilization.
>>
it's not the powers, Black Adam's just a dick
>>
>>79157816
Adam being evil has nothing to do with his power. He's only considered "evil" because he didn't want to put up with the wizard's bullshit.
>>
>>79157816
because his DEMON daughter made the deal
>>
>>79157816
The real question is "is there a more fun word than Zehuti?"
>>
>>79157861
And he tends to genocide more than Billy.
>>
>>79157816
It was the first set of counterparts they could think of, probably. They're mostly unrelated, except Set is generally portrayed as evil.
>>
>>79157816
Black Adam is just an asshole.
>>
>>79157928
He has the mentality of a warrior... from Ancient egypt, different morals for different times.

It's retarded to think the good guys of the past would share the same morals as us. Guys like george washington would be considered war criminals, and stalin was a good guy compared with Alexander the great.
>>
>>79158202
do they ever address that in any shazam title or anything? could be interesting.
>>
>>79157928
Dude just wants to keep his people safe. Not his fault that Khandhaq is destined to be eternally shat upon.
>>
File: better dead than red.jpg (111 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
better dead than red.jpg
111 KB, 600x700
>>79158202
>stalin was a good guy compared with Alexander the great.
>Communism ever being the good guys
WOW, IT SURE IS RED IN THIS THREAD.
>>
>>79158202
>>79158354
Don't get me wrong, I love fuck out of Adam. It's just that he always responds to force with force, never thinking it out.
Also, I kill for ongoing with Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Fate and Adam.
>>
>>79158399
Nice Bourgeois propaganda
>>
File: fuck you dirty commie scum.jpg (291 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
fuck you dirty commie scum.jpg
291 KB, 1000x800
>>79158560
>>
>>79158399
Alexander got drunk and burned Persepolis. What did Stalin do?
>>
>>79158595

Holodomor, purging of military leadership which led to inefficient military for the initial years of WW2
>>
>>79158639
>Believing in Western lies.

Without Stalin you'd be speaking German right now.
>>
>>79157816
Why does Anubis grant speed?
>>
>>79158680
anubis is dog? dog pretty fast no?
>>
Ok, listen here kids when George Washington fought the Indians to free the slaves after the British banished them he would be considered a villain today because the Illuminati is tricking the masses to support Isis and get gay married. So in this upcoming election don't vote for the wrong guy.
>>
>>79157816
Because Adam is a blood thirsty dude from ancient times

People were rather shitty back then.
>>
>>79158671
>believing in communist revisionism
Redit plz go.
http://www.historynet.com/did-russia-really-go-it-alone-how-lend-lease-helped-the-soviets-defeat-the-germans.htm
>>
>>79158827
I'm not American, but I kinda of want Trump to win, just to see if he is really going to build The Wall and make Mexico pay for it.
>>
File: 8848243.jpg (109 KB, 569x428) Image search: [Google]
8848243.jpg
109 KB, 569x428
>>79157816
Maybe it's because billy has powers of gods AND mortals and thus thinks of himself as "the worlds mightiest mortal" where as Adam does not?
>>
>>79158639
Nobody cares about Slavs.
>>
>>79158942
Everybody knows there will be no wall. The congress won't even approve of it. But I'm going to vote for him just for keks.
>>
>>79158680
>>79158808
He's a Death God, and the New God of Death is a speedster, so something something hypercrisis
>>
>>79158671
Without Stalin, Germany would've been a radioactive crater.
>>
>>79157844
The two civilizations actually heavily influenced each other in their heydays.
>>
>>79157844
I don't know much about Egyptian gods, but Greek gods were a bunch of dicks.
>>
>>79159135
>Everybody knows there will be no wall. The congress won't even approve of it.
Why must you crush my dreams like that, anon?
>>
>>79157816
looks like a list of tumblrina pronouns
>>
>>79159794
Fuck you, anon, now I can't unsee it.
>>
IS THERE A BLACK ADAM RECOMMENDATION SHEET? damnit caps lock
>>
>>79157816
>Black Adam’s daughter
wtf are you talking about? Adam has no childs
>>
>>79160671
Blaze?
http://shazam.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Adam
>>
>>79159135
But the wall is just a make work project for all the unemployed and could become a tourist icon.

Although I fail to understand what a wall can do that a fence can't, assuming that the fence and wall will recieve similar levels of guarding supervision.
>>
>>79158202
It's just as you says, I even remember a friend telling me of some comicbooks where Black Adam even has some friendly chats with Wonder Woman due to them having similar moral codes (I.E. Warrior Codes)
>>
>>79160739
http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Blaze_the_Cat
>>
>>79160671
New52.
>>
>>79160739
>http://shazam.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Adam
wow talk about obscure characters
>>
Imagine a bloodthirsty brown-skinned musclegirl Shazam with:

Sekhmet
Hauhet
Anat
Zenenet I guess but actually I'm not sure that Egyptian hieroglyphics correspond to this letter
Ammut (Astarte also an option)
Meretseger (Ma'at, Mafdet and Mut all good alternatives)

That would be my fetish.
>>
>>79159164
Schhhhh don't tell the Europeans, they will begin to cry.
>>
I have said it once and I'll say it again.

SHAZAM CORPS.

Suddenly, a bunch of new Shazams appear, one for each pantheon, in a tournament to become king of the gods. Each pantheon has its champion and something something it'll be awesome trust me.
>>
>>79161263

>something something it'll be awesome trust me.

Give this man an ongoing!
>>
>>79157927
Is tutti-frutti usually hyphenated? If so, I'd say that one's more fun to say.
>>
>>79161189
Why? Our culture uplifted those heathen savages. Now they properly prefer tits over ass like every civilized country.
>>
Egypt is in Africa . That's why he's called black Adam. Obviously he's a criminal
>>
>>79159149
Slow clap
>>
>>79161189
Are you retarded? It's only an American who would raise hackles about this. Shit how fucking long was Egypt ruled by a Greek dynasty for? Fucking Herodotus wrote about the parallels in the Greek and Egyptian deities. Egyptian and Indian sculpture are both influenced by and influence Greek sculpture in the appropriate period.
>>
>>79158680
He conducts and guides the souls of the dead though the afterlife. Hermes was also a psychopomp, so sometimes he and Anubis were equated instead of Hermes and Thoth. Hermes is speed, therefore by analogy Anubis is also speed.
>>
>>79161745
Only a non-American would pass up a circle-jerk opportunity in order to list facts and shit.

go back to /int/
>>
>>79161745
Hell, Hesiod explicitly links the Egyptian and Greek pantheon together in the Theogony as almost everyone flees to Egypt during a battlle. Apollo becomes a hawk and that's Hours, Aphrodite becomes a cow and that's Hathor, etc.
>>
When's Norse shazam?
>>
>>79157816
>>79157816
he wasn't evil because of his pantheon, he was evil because he was a king who would use his power to any extent to help his people
then he got the ability to shoot fuckin lazers and bench press bitches in his way

its why he's portrayed as an "antihero" in comics alot, specifically that run where him osiris and isis fight the 4 horsemen
>>
>>79162085
while it was theoretically always possible, one of the good things nu52 did, was show the other wizards who worked with wizard shazam, all of them of different races but with the same power as him
its 100% viable, even moreso now, that there at lest WAS a norse shazam
>>
>>79162149
I hope it leads to a more interesting Ibac. Ibac is a great fun villain in the old days, but I always felt he had more potential than he ever used. Then again, I really just want more Captain Marvel villains besides Sivana, Black Adam and Mr. Mind.
>>
>>79161984
>only a non-American would KNOW things!
>>
>>79162085
what is thor, alex
>>
>>79162085
No gods starting with A.
>>
>>79157816
Egyptians persecuted Jews.
Jews wrote comics.
Figure it out.
>>
>>79158202
If you live in a society you either adapt to that societies rules or you piss off. Saying that we shouldn't hold someone from the past to our modern standards is like saying immigrants shouldn't have to adapt to western ideals when they move to America or England. It's stupid. If Black Adam doesn't like modern morals then he can just piss off to space and find an alien planet where he's more comfortable.
>>
>>79163047
Allfadir, Alvar, Alulein, Aeiile..
>>
>>79163397
literally whos
>>
>>79163213
Everybody persecuted Jews. Persecuting Jews used to be a favourite past time.
>>
>>79163304
but immigrants don't have to adapt western ideals we actually go out of the way to make it so they don't even have to learn english or change any part of their culture
>>
>>79162085
Skadi
Heimdal
Andhrímnir
Zisa
Aegir
Magni

Not sure what I just created.
>>
>>79163304
They aren't even related. Nobody here is defeding Black Adam's villainy.

Even though, it should be the other way around since Black Adam is more powerful than the mortals.
>>
DC is run by a bunch of Jewish people who still have a bone against the Pharaoh because of the supposed slavery they freed themselves from magically.
>>
>>79162585
Exactamundo.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.