[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 249
Thread images: 48
File: Dark-Souls-Cover-2.jpg (717 KB, 765x1161) Image search: [Google]
Dark-Souls-Cover-2.jpg
717 KB, 765x1161
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01/19/dark-souls-comic-book-coming-in-april-2016

Dark Souls III / 19 Jan 2016
Dark Souls Comic Book Coming in April 2016
Experience Dark Souls without the punishing difficulty.

By Jesse Schedeen Dark Souls fans have more than just a new video game to look forward to this spring. We're pleased to exclusively reveal that Titan Comics has acquired the rights to this moody, brutally difficult Bandai Namco franchise and will be launching a Dark Souls comic book in April, just in time for Dark Souls 3.

The comic is simply titled "Dark Souls" and will offer new stories set within the universe rather than adapting the stories of the games. It'll be written by George Mann (Doctor Who: The 8th Doctor) and drawn by Alan Quah (Godzilla: Awakening).

we /co/ now
>>
That sounds fucking awful.
>>
File: 1443157925575.jpg (15 KB, 236x234) Image search: [Google]
1443157925575.jpg
15 KB, 236x234
>>
>>79152197

If these are a series of vignettes that just give us little glimpses of characters, setting and atmosphere like Darkest Dungeon is going with their comic pages then sure. If these are actual attempts to introduce a more coherent story with a beginning, middle and end then no thanks. That goes against the roleplaying spirit of the games.
>>
>>79152197

Is that my nigga Alva The Wayfarer? I'd read the shit out of a comic about that guy. Him not being the DLC focus like Artorias in DaS1 left me with blue balls. I want knightly adventures with him and his qt13 witch gal pal.
>>
>>79152245
>The comic is simply titled "Dark Souls" and will offer new stories set within the universe rather than adapting the stories of the games. It'll be written by George Mann (Doctor Who: The 8th Doctor) and drawn by Alan Quah (Godzilla: Awakening).
>>
>>79152306

That doesn't really say anything anything that has any bearing on the point. New stories could either be vignettes or fully fleshed out arcs.
>>
Just what we need, more /v/ermins coming here
>>
>>79152197

Hopefully we'll get some Artorias action. Other than that, eh... Berserk already exists.
>>
>Dark Souls fans have more than just a new video game to look forward to this spring
Not with that bland art we don't.

Titan give me more Druillet and things like Quest for the Time Bird and then fuck off.
>>
>>79152197
>Experience Dark Souls without the punishing difficulty.
>without the punishing difficulty.

Then it's not Dark Souls as far as I care, but I'll probably give it a look just out of curiosity though.
>>
Each arc should be about a new character build, or at least a new character, where the old character dies and the new character gets a little further before dying themselves.

So you follow a character just wondering when and how they will die.
>>
>>79152197
I already dislike this cover
>>
>>79152592
Each page will be laced with razors, and printed with a highly flammable and easily comustable ink. The lettering will be minuscule, and at times purposefully placed as to lead the reader to the wrong panel.
>>
Finally, a way to verify that the story is shit and overrated.
>>

Sign me up!
>>
>>79152638
I think it said this was a variant cover on the site. This is one of the other ones. I think its better but it really screams more D&D than dark souls.
>>
>>79152197
I've always wanted to hear introspection from a character going through the world of Dark Souls. Hope this turns out good.
>>
>>79153961
>tumblr
>he thinks DS is difficult
>>>/out/
>>
>>79152401

I'm betting that it's going to be about the names and people from various items, if that Alva on the cover is anything to go by. So probably a combination of both.
>>
>>79154057
Do... do you not know who that is in the picture?
>>
>>79154141
some people don't keep up with e-celebs, anon.
>>
>>79154218
The joke is that the picture is of a guy who is bad at video games. I have summarized half of /v/'s jokes for you.
>>
>>79154218
DSP is literally the embodiment of "git gud."

>couldn't work out how to use rations in MGS2 for about 30 minutes
>>
>>79154250
Actually he was a champion of SF2 a long time ago. So not ALL video games.
>>
>>79154285
The "This is How You DON'T Play" series is nothing short of an abyss of madness to watch.
>>
>>79154250
I already knew but I didn't feel like trying to explain board culture to /co/.

Or maybe anon took you seriously and thought you wanted to enjoy the games while skipping gameplay.
>>
File: alvamug.png (525 KB, 1040x1040) Image search: [Google]
alvamug.png
525 KB, 1040x1040
>>79154105

>Alva and Zullie adventures full of flirting and magic

Fun Souls confirmed.
>>
>>79154927
Now you're making me think of Dark Souls but with a buddy cop vibe to it.
>>
So it's just Berserk
>>
>>79152197

Then what's the point?
>>
File: 31960278.jpg (411 KB, 579x819) Image search: [Google]
31960278.jpg
411 KB, 579x819
Priscilla-focused issue when?
>>
>>79154285
>mgs3
>dies in the quicksand in the second area
>blames the game for not EXPLAINING QUICKSAND

He's still pretty much the target demographic of most modern games though.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (127 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
127 KB, 1920x1080
>>79155095
>>
>>79153984
Looks like the artist hasn't even looked at the games concept art let alone played it
>>
File: benhart.png (176 KB, 447x454) Image search: [Google]
benhart.png
176 KB, 447x454
>>79155126

>Kojima has seen DSP's failure compilation

Please tell me this is real.
>>
>>79155080
Atmosphere. Lore. Dark Souls is more than just its difficulty, you know.
>>
Honestly I would like little tales about characters like Lautrec, Black Iron Tarkus, Havel and the such. I've played stories like that in my mind all the time while playing.
Things that shouldn't really impact the lore much, just show some fun /baaaw/ shit about characters.
>>
>>79155168
https://youtu.be/mp3DG567TnY i cant find the tweet.
>>
>>79155186
Wat? Next you'll tell me you play vidya for fun, you sick freak.
>>
File: Straidmug.png (55 KB, 500x252) Image search: [Google]
Straidmug.png
55 KB, 500x252
>>79155186

>Mfw I never found this series particularly difficult

When did not treating the player like a handicapped child become a selling point?
>>
>>79155243
I'm tempted to say when the SJWs took over, but lets face it, difficulty went out of style before the turn of the millennium.
>>
>>79155243
when 90% of games started doing exactly that
>>
I want Solaire.
>>
>>79155243
People really need to learn the difference between punishing and difficult
>>
>>79155243
>buy all spells
>slay old gods
>reverse entropy
>"Feeble cursed one!"

Fucking Straid.
>>
I thought the whole thing about dark souls was that there wasn't a story except for random asides.

Have no idea what a comic will be like

bought dark souls 1 after watching a bloodborne play through and i'm not good enough at video games for it
>>
>>79155514
Using magic and summoning help makes it easier.
>>
>>79155514
The whole thing about Dark Souls was that the story was not shoved in your face and you'd only learn the little there is if you wanted to.
>>
Hopefully the protagonist is silent and only communicates through either those wood blocks that say "Hello" or through gestures.
>>
Oh yeah i need to read Berserk, I guess I can do it in between JoJos.

>>79155530

i went strong warrior and just focused on hitting bc it seemed simplest. i'm only at the fucking second boss and really just need to try and play more than like 45 minutes.
>>
>>79155576
But I'd like some narration to get into their psyche. It interests me to hear how somebody would cope with living in such a dreary world.

>>79155590
The game is mostly balanced for melee so enemies, even bosses, don't really have counters for magic. It can't carry you through everything, but it alleviates some of the difficulty if it's too much for you.
>>
>>79155202
Me too man. But only for Havel.
>>
>Dark Souls comic

Both the writer and letterer must love that job.
>>
I gotta ask

Are video game tie in comics profitable? Or do they at least gain fans for the franchise?

I've never read any but there are so many I see
>>
>>79152197
I really hope this results in a Bloodborne comic. It frankly had the more interesting lore than Dark Souls
>>
>>79154981
Only existent.

Only very few things get my edgeboner going, and I'm hoping this one does the trick.
>>
>>79153876
Kek

Git gud at reading scrubs
>>
Maneater Mildred one shot when?
>>
>>79153876
>the box from pre-order it´s infected with antrax
>>
File: Maldron the best NPC of all.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Maldron the best NPC of all.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>79152197
I just hope the main character isn't talking.
Also looking forward for the best npc.
>>
>>79155881
>Are video game tie in comics profitable?
Depends on the franchise. Sometimes they can last ridiculously long (Sonic for example is almost at 300 issues, and that's just the main comic. UDON Street Fighter is another example I think) and other times they don't (The Nintendo Valiant comics). It also depends on whether it's an ongoing or just something to tie into the latest game (Like MKX or the Arkham Knight comics)
>>
File: jester thomas2.jpg (221 KB, 1000x493) Image search: [Google]
jester thomas2.jpg
221 KB, 1000x493
>>79157734

That's not Jester Thomas.
>>
>>79152197
>alva with a silver knight shield
laso this might be a good idea if it served to fill the sinkholes in secondary characters backstories
>>
>>79155243
After 2005
dunno why tough
>>
File: DaS it mane.jpg (43 KB, 320x444) Image search: [Google]
DaS it mane.jpg
43 KB, 320x444
>>79152197
>Alva set
>Silver Knight sword and shield

i can't be the only one triggered by this
>>
File: Bsh1cf3fcAA-dAD.jpg (57 KB, 264x400) Image search: [Google]
Bsh1cf3fcAA-dAD.jpg
57 KB, 264x400
I'm sure it will be just as good as this.
>>
>>79155243
There are a few "cheap" spots in each of the games, but I'll definitely agree people really oversold the "OMG SO DIFFICULT" angle.
>>
File: fuck.jpg (23 KB, 311x102) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
23 KB, 311x102
>>79154981
Hopefully not
>>
>>79155590
90% of any melee fight is watching enemy movesets and finding openings.
>>
>>79155149
This, reduce the number of undead, increase the size of the dragon a bit, then apply some lovecraft to it. Have it towering over the pc, taking up most of the image, with a tiny pc in the bottom centre looking up at the dragon.

Also change the palette from orange/red to black/dark brown/dark green

It's as if the artist couldn't be fucked to research, so they just took some basic details and applied it to dnd.

The image shouldn't feel triumphant or positive. It should be somewhere between hopeless melancholy and abject terror.
>>
>>79159770
>The image shouldn't feel triumphant or positive. It should be somewhere between hopeless melancholy and abject terror.

Biggest point there. A good DS comic would be all about a chosen undead slowly hollowing while trying to fulfill some eventually futile quest.
>>
Get Tsutomu Nihei to do it and maybe it will work
>>
>>79159807
I'd be interested in one where the main character has no chance of succeeding.

Initially they're progressing adequately. They have a shit time but gradually move forward. Then they make a giant mistake, and everything starts to plummet exponentially downhill.

I'm not incredibly familiar with the lore, but there are multiple chosen undead right? The game protagonists complete their journey, but this chosen undead fucked up and failed beyond what was thought possible.
>>
>>79160048
There's like a prison where supposedly a chosen undead will appear so undead are dropped there and then if worthy enough (kill that fat demon) are taken to the mainland to see if they can be "that" chosen undead.
>>
>>79160088
How often does it happen? There's something hilarious about a new chosen one appearing every week.
>>
>>79154015
I hope it's an unnamed PC in a helmet and we only ever see them communicate through their body language like in the game
>>
File: 1412127011756.jpg (58 KB, 420x462) Image search: [Google]
1412127011756.jpg
58 KB, 420x462
>>79160225
That's why that dude in chainmail just shits on you the whole time when you get to firelink shrine. He's seen many undead come and go thinking they'll be able to survive, stay from hollowing, etc.
>>
>>79152197
Literally the hardest comic to read ever.
Not for casuals!
>>
it is also canon that dark souls has a multiverse and the summon system is incorporated to the lore
>>
>>79158644
>In the tutorial level a hollow rolls a giant steel ball at you from out of nowhere
>After the Taurus Demon a dragon you'll only see if you think to turn around after a certain point drops down and coats the bridge you're on in fire
>Reach the rooftops of Sen's Fortress and an unseen giant throws enormous flaming boulders at you, you're maybe given a hint that something bad will happen from scorch marks on the ground

The game doesn't hold your hand and punishes you for not learning the mechanics, but there are plenty of little "fuck you" traps and things you'll never see coming on a blind playthrough.
>>
>>79160266
I love it. Are there any consequences for killing that dying knight who gives you a key in the asylum? This is my first playthrough and I'm wondering if i fucked up.

What about the comic pc falling into a pit or some kind of trap, being unable to escape, and then the last few pages of the last book are a narrator talking over a timeskip/montage of the pc becoming more dramatically hollow over time. The end.
>>
>>79160387
If you don't kill him he is still there but hollowed later if you go back to the asylum. I don't think there is anything special if you don't kill him.

Sounds like a good ending for a DS comic.
>>
>>79160455
Will they go there though? Or will they dilute it to appeal to a wider audience. That dnd variant cover does not bode well.
>>
>>79155590
Magic has it's own learning curve too though, spells are effective but they're also slow as shit and lots of enemies can close the distance before you can shoot off a bolt/fireball.

If you're gonna play a pure warrior, find a weapon you like, then look on a wiki to find out what stats it scales with (strength or dexterity [or maybe even intelligence and faith if you get fancy]) and build your character around that. Like most swords are weighted more towards strength than dexterity, but spears are the other way around.

Never put points into Resistance. Intelligence and Faith won't do you any good unless you're using a magic/enchanted weapon or a divine weapon.
>>
I'm guessing it's going to be an anthology of different stories?

That's the only way I can see it working. Alva being on the cover gives me the idea that we might be seeing some of the stories in the item descriptions acted out.
>>
>>79155673

>first play through was as pure mage
>constantly fucked over for first half of the game
>later see people calling magic the easy way to play

Sure, after you hit Arnor Lando it becomes way easier and you blow through 90% of encounters, but early game especially the limited number of spells and inability to deal with groups of enemies is much more difficult than for, say, a warrior using an axe.
>>
>>79160507
I imagine it'll be bland "Knight guy attacks zombies and a dragon at the end."

Maybe with a intro narration that makes it seem like it's related to DS.
>>
File: TiX21ZH.jpg (97 KB, 700x693) Image search: [Google]
TiX21ZH.jpg
97 KB, 700x693
I want these guys' story.
>>
>>79160640
A wet fart in comparison then.
>>
Wasn't there already a one-issue Dark Souls II comic? I remember that being pretty cool.
>>
>>79160640

110% chance
>>
>>79160640
MAYBE a demon, if they glanced at the concept art of the game even once, but yeah.
>>
>>79160786
oh man how much do you bet it'll be the most christian looking demon from the series.

Maybe a Pan looking Capra.
>>
I want to know about the gods mentioned in DS that we never see, like Velka, or the husband of Gwynivere, or all father Lloyd.
Or the weird cooperation hate relationship between Velka and Gwyndolin, or who the mother of Priscila is.
>>
>>79160818
Capra, maybe Taurus for the Satan look, or the Asylum demon.
>>
>>79160507
No doubt it will be a soulless cash-in.
>>
>>79160855
CARLOS
>>
I'm pretty hype desu

Even if it's not amazing, it'll still be neat. I HIGHLY doubt it will be as shitty and poorly researched as you guys are saying it is, they wouldn't bother with using the property otherwise.
>>
How are the Fallout and Silent Hill comics?

They both looked bland to me but I'm fine with being wrong. Kinda worried this one will be the same since they might not be able to add/change lore and will just make it a generic adventure.
>>
>>79152197
>>79153984
this looks like someone only played darkest dungeon and said hey the elite knight is in here
>>
>>79161034
>Silent Hill comics
Don't bother
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJixF9UC02w
>>
File: 1445805485855.gif (957 KB, 500x418) Image search: [Google]
1445805485855.gif
957 KB, 500x418
>Let's make a comic on a series who's sole way of story telling is vague item descriptions and very small lines of dialogue
>>
>>79161278
>storytelling is the only form of entertainment experienced by a comic

Boy, you sure must hate comics if you only read them for the story.
>>
>>79161278
>M-muh obscure lore
>Muh sense of self worth from figuring out something really blatant
There is literally nothing wrong with trying to flesh out the world out Dark Souls.
>>
This isn't something that sounds good and I doubt it will be.
>>
>>79161374
What? I give two fucks about the lore. I enjoy the games for game play. I just realize how dumb it is to try and expand something with almost no story. It will almost certainly get people mad when they try.
>>
>>79160984
>they wouldn't bother with using the property otherwise.

This must be literally your first time consuming ANY media based on any pre existing media.

The number of horrible fucking tie in anything whether that's a comic or book or movie or game vastly outweighs the number of cross media content that's not shit.

Cash grabs exist.
>>
>>79161445
Let them get mad, I want them to make a fucking story.
>>
>>79160984
Do you read IDW or BOOM comics? IDW is nearly all licensed stuff and wew lad.
>>
>>79154943

Is it weird that I want this?
>>
File: 1410825954265.png (815 KB, 1398x1010) Image search: [Google]
1410825954265.png
815 KB, 1398x1010
King's Field comic when?
>>
>>79152601
It's not dying that kills you in Dark Souls.
>>
>>79157734
>Not Solaire

Fucking contrarian.
>>
>>79160368
>In the tutorial level a hollow rolls a giant steel ball at you from out of nowhere
you can look up the stairs and see the steelball
>After the Taurus Demon a dragon you'll only see if you think to turn around after a certain point drops down and coats the bridge you're on in fire
a bunch of charred corpses lying on a bridge
>Reach the rooftops of Sen's Fortress and an unseen giant throws enormous flaming boulders at you, you're maybe given a hint that something bad will happen from scorch marks on the ground
>you're maybe given a hint that something bad will happen from scorch marks on the ground

If you don't see it coming, your ignoring the clues and watching out for those sort of things is something that dark souls teaches you right from the start
>>
>>79160595
magic user can still use their melee weapons though, they can deal with groups like any other class too but also get spells
>>
File: Kalameet The Black Dragon.jpg (155 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Kalameet The Black Dragon.jpg
155 KB, 1280x720
>>79153984
>That fucking dragon design
really?
>>
File: Walking nito.gif (207 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Walking nito.gif
207 KB, 500x500
>>79152197
I can dig it. I like Dark Souls!

What's everyone's favourite Dark Souls youtuber/streamer/etc.?
>>
>>79162945
That British dude
>>
Well this board is alread shit might as well welcome all the DS kids that think it's the best game ever made or even a good "RPG".
>>
>>79162970
Vaati Vidya?
>>
>>79162945

Plague of Gripes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0yuDfcOhvA
>>
File: plague twitter.png (309 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
plague twitter.png
309 KB, 400x400
>>79162945
Plague of Gripes is by far the most enjoyable.

>>79163001
It's a fairly good rpg. While the comparatively low amount of character interactions hampers the role playing experience the flexibility with the character mechanics and the freedom offered to the player offer plenty of role playing possibilities.
>>
>>79162945
>>79163358
Plague goes the most in depth of it. Oney might be the funniest. Everyone else is kinda meeh.
>>
>>79163290
>>79163358
>Plague

Top tier taste

Got legit emotional at the end of his LP.
>>
>>79163435

I still need to finish watching his LP. I'm praying those subpar idiots of his will play DS1.
>>
File: 1453137552219.png (308 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
1453137552219.png
308 KB, 500x370
>>79162945
>>79163290
>>79163358
>>79163424
>>79163435
>I'm the only one whose favorite is legitimately ENB

He's just such a chill dude
>>
>>79163500
>tries to say "no"
>neor
>>
>>79163500
I personally never gave ENB a shot is he worth watching play 2? As much as I love best friends I have a hard time watching them play it, You know what I mean?
>>
>>79163569
Anybody is better than TBF
>>
>Tfw you enjoy tbf
>>
>>79163569
Drop your shield.

His 2 playthrough isn't as good as most of his other stuff. He was burnt out from working on the guide and he was also depressed and tired because his wife and baby were stuck in Japan for like, a year due to immigration red tape. He was definitely far more skilled and had more interesting things to say than Pat and Woolie, though, even if he never went back for the DLC.

But if you don't mind watching Dark 1 again, his currently running From The Dark series has been fantastic. It's his "ultimate" playthrough.
>>
>>79163656
You would probably enjoy anyone, as anybody is better than TBF.
>>
>>79163681
Guess I'll watch him then. Pretty sad very few people can play Dark Souls and be entertaining at the same time.
>>
>>79163569

I hadn't played any Souls games when they first did the LP. I went back after clearing 2, and it hurt to watch in a few places.
>>
File: oswald-of-carim.jpg (59 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
oswald-of-carim.jpg
59 KB, 600x338
Who is the best NPC and why is Oswald.
>>
>>79162945
I don't watch many youtube guys but I listen to a few Dark Souls podcasts.
>>
>>79162945
>youtuber/streamer/etc.?
>>
>>79163828
Needs this for his theme music with that pose.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MYAGyZlBY0
>>
File: 1452710371340.jpg (60 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1452710371340.jpg
60 KB, 1280x720
>>79163765
If you want information on FromSoft games that isn't Vaati's "TOP TEN REASONS TO PREPARE TO CRY" stuff, then ENB is sort of the guy to go to. He was the first person to do a playthrough of Dark Souls on youtube as he was living in Japan and played that version before it came out in the west.

He's basically Miyazaki approved, having had dinner with the guy a number of times, interviewed him, and helped write the official strategy guides to Dark 2 and Bloodborne.

Just be aware that he's not really a zany comedian, so your mileage may vary with what you consider to be entertaining. He's just a mellow good ol' boy raised in the deep south who really likes FromSoft.
>>
File: 134046780.jpg (76 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
134046780.jpg
76 KB, 640x480
>>79162945
>youtuber/streamer/etc.?
Is that a /v/ thing?
>>
>>79163828
Do you think he stands like that all the time, or only when someone is around?
>>
File: 1437167320619.jpg (27 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1437167320619.jpg
27 KB, 400x300
>>79152197

"Hey, how would you like to have this thing you like without all the fun things you liked about it?"
>>
>>79155576
Delete this
>>
>>79155576
Very good.
>>
>>79163933
All the time. If he could get tired he would be occasionally seen resting his legs.
>>
Come on guys, we all know why you're REALLY excited....it won't bring it back....
>>
>>79162945
I generally find people's playthroughs incredibly dull, but people that are good at the pvp can be hype as fuck
https://www.youtube.com/user/YamiTamashi/videos

Matthewmatosis' Dark Souls commentary was actually pretty good though
>>
File: tumblr_n9rtguazEX1sqvg4vo1_1280.jpg (220 KB, 690x728) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9rtguazEX1sqvg4vo1_1280.jpg
220 KB, 690x728
>>79163828
Fuck that guy, he just stays in one place and it's not even a convenient location to go visit, the only good thing about him is he teaches you a cool gesture.

I like Seigmeyer because he keeps turning up places and he's so polite and grateful. The first time I ever found him about to go fight all those things in Izalith I felt really bad that I didn't manage to save him.
>>
>>79164081
We all miss Gwynevere and her possibly enormous breasts.
>>
>>79164102
>his daughter went through all that insane shit just to find him
>she's not even undead

Sieglinde confirmed for most badass Dark Souls character?
>>
>>79164085
>Matthewmatosis
Oh yeah, forgot about that guy. His analysis is so godo
>>
>>79164177
Well, it's her dedication to her quest that kept her from becoming undead. She probably bonked out immediately after the quest ends.
>>
>>79164205
You mean hollow? People just end up becoming undead for whatever reason, and Siegmeyer said she's not undead.
>>
>>79163656
me too feel this
>>
>>79164177
I just realised with that that the reason for Sieglinde and Princess Dusk being the only ones caught inside golems is because they're humans.
>>
>>79162238
Yeah, dude you're responding too was blind as fuck.

The only legit FUCK YOU moment in the game is the first encounter with Seathe where you are guaranteed death. Future playthroughs you just equip the ring to avoid losing souls, but the first time is shitty and goes against all their design philosophies.
>>
>>79164081
but we might forget fells five for a minute
>>
>>79164399
Capra Demon is pretty shitty. And I wouldn't really call the Hellkite Drake fair; even if you understand the bridge will be dangerous before approaching it, you still won't know how to stay safe until it's already too late.
>>
>>79152245
>Dark Souls
>Roleplaying
The only roleplaying you have is choosing what to kill, which usually ends up being everything
>>
>>79152279
Alva with a silver knight shield it looks like
>>
>>79161701
Or armored core.
>>
>>79163290

I wanna fuck that Helkite Drake
>>
>>79152197
im sure the art will look good il pick up the first issue and go from there
>>
File: is it still funny.jpg (17 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
is it still funny.jpg
17 KB, 500x357
>>79160855
>>
Just another videogame tie-in comic like so many we've seen before. This one will likely explain nothing but add just enough to turn the DEEPEST LORE shitposting up to 11.
>>
>>79152197
Why the fuck is his sword just floating in the air?
>>
>>79168457
Havok engine.
>>
File: drunkard of sensible chuckles.jpg (34 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
drunkard of sensible chuckles.jpg
34 KB, 413x395
>>79168475
I laughed harder than I should have.
>>
>>79152197
I don't really like it when Videogames ar part of the Comics. It triggers my autism
>>
>>79155576
So in other words, you want a comic book to be exactly like the video game? No one's going to make a comic book around a character that straight up can't talk.
>>
>>79169903
Godzilla in Hell was pretty good
>>
>>79162945
I like Silver Mont
>>
>>79168832
I agree. It triggers my autism to see a broken game like Arkham Knight at the top of GOTY too.
>>
>>79168832
God forbid they try new things.
>>
>>79154342
>champion
He came in fourth at EVO one year and never again.
And even before and after that, he was still mediocre at SF2. He was more notorious for shit-talking during matches and running away when fights started.
>>
File: invader.jpg (211 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
invader.jpg
211 KB, 1280x720
Do you think best girl will be in it?

>>79169903
>>79155576
There might be a novelty issue that shows a player character trying to navigate an environment, but really the best possible concept for this book is a "Tales of Lordran" kind of thing where we get to see the land before it got all fucked up. I'm especially interested in seeing Havel.

Also, do you think that this ongoing will mean they're going to make more Souls games?
>>
>>79170719
No. Miyazaki stated outright that DaS3 is the last of the Souls series. But there will probably be a sequel to Bloodborne and they'll do other Souls-style games.

I've been thinking about what else they could adapt. Souls was based on some fantasy books, probably something similar to LOTR, and Bloodborne was based on Lovecraft. Sci-fi setting maybe? Grimm's fairy tales? Peter Pan? Sex and the City?
>>
>>79171117
He said a few months before that, that they'll make more
>>
>>79171329
Can't find anything about him saying they're gonna make more Dark Souls, but several articles from late November with him saying that DS3 will be the last in the series.
>>
>>79153984
That looks horrible.
>>
Tbh senpai I was hoping the team that does berserk would have done the comic.
>>
>>79172592
Miura can't even keep up with Berserk, how would you expect him to take time from his busy Idolmaster schedule to do a Dark Souls comic?
>>
>>79170719
>but really the best possible concept for this book is a "Tales of Lordran" kind of thing where we get to see the land before it got all fucked up. I'm especially interested in seeing Havel.

I actually really want this, but it would be reeeaaaallllly tricky to pull off, since it would run the risk of suffering from major prequelitis.
>>
>>79165730

Dark Souls has items that have no purpose other than to add role playing fodder. The entire story and cast is framed in such a way that the player can pretty much build their own story and character.
>>
File: monstruos 46.jpg (109 KB, 430x974) Image search: [Google]
monstruos 46.jpg
109 KB, 430x974
>>79152197
They should have got Enrique Alcatena to draw it
>>
Praise the sun!
>>
you all realize they could make entire arcs about every npc becoming (or not) "the choosen undead" or "the next monarch" right?
i mean, this thing could last forever.
>>
>>79172827
Put all DS characters on a boat for 7 years.
>>
If they ever make a Bloodborne comic, I hope they stress how messed up the final arc is in terms of what the protagonist has to do.
>>
>>79177948
I've actually considered writing a sort of novelization of Bloodborne for the sake of getting into the head of the Hunter as he experiences the horrors of the game's events, but if a comic comes out and does that for me, I'm totally okay with that.
>>
>>79178187
End it with the Sunrise ending and as the Hunter starts to leave Yharnam he begins to cough.

Because futility.
>>
>>79178193
But ending it with Childhood's Beginning would allow for an I Have no Mouth and I Must Scream-type closing narration.
>>
The comic will only have images and you will have to piece together the story by looking at the comic store receipts
>>
>>79177948
Not gonna lie. A comic would definitely show how fucked up Bloodborne's world is. Especially the later bits. I mean sure Dark souls is pretty messed up, but it's nothing to compares to the shit that's going on in Yharnam.
>>
>>79178327
Dark Souls is slow and sad. It's the apocalypse, but it's a long, drawn-out apocalypse where the world dies as flames fade. Bloodborne is creeping and menacing, where incomprehensibly powerful beings are lurking right behind you and you're completely unaware of their presence.
>>
File: Um What the fuck.jpg (32 KB, 550x609) Image search: [Google]
Um What the fuck.jpg
32 KB, 550x609
>>79178398
And lots of talk about dead babies and killing babies. Human experimentation, child experimentation and the mass murder of an entire village for the sake of SCIENCE. Mixed with the lovecraftian elements you mentioned.

>Seeing the Amygdalas for the first time after Rom
I would pay to see this in comic form
>>
>>79178327
The souls games are pretty much just dark fantasy. You'll get a unique monster design every now and then, but it's nothing too far off the beaten track.

Bloodborne isn't about the horror of monsters, but that of disease. Everything's sickened and festering. Grime is prevalent throughout the streets. All is ruin and pestilence. Like everyone's living in a big, gaping wound of a city. It's possibly the dirtiest game on the market.
>>
>>79178442
I would do it if I could draw, but alas I am limited to writefaggotry. Even then I've got other projects to work on at the moment and I'd like to improve my skills before tackling something like that.

One thing I want to get into is how the adrenaline-pumping, animalistic combat the Hunter partakes in makes his libido harder to control and makes him lust after the Doll and other female characters, which he feels ashamed of.
>>
>>79178456
Dark Souls is pretty much Berserk in all but name. Miyazaki is really bad about pretty much just taking everything from Berserk and putting it into his games.
>>
File: eye pig.jpg (117 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
eye pig.jpg
117 KB, 1920x1080
>>79178442
I hate needles. So the way you quickly get health back always skeeved me out during the quieter moments of the game. Just imagine the track marks on the Hunter near the end of the narrative.

Grossest and most horrific thing I saw in the game was this thing. They took something ordinary, made it gruesome (by making it unnaturally large), and then made it flat out grotesque with an exaggerated (usually mundane) feature.

I was not prepared for this. I thought it was just a generic big pig when I snuck up on one for the first time. That there were several of them in the same area made it even worse.
>>
>>79170394
Fourth in an obscure, busted port he insisted everyone play, no less.
>>
File: Gehrman wheelchair.jpg (27 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
Gehrman wheelchair.jpg
27 KB, 1200x675
>>79178473
Dark souls is pretty much berserk in the whole fighting against your faith jig, just without the edge.

Which is why I prefer BB's lore over DaS' simply because it's so unique tasting.

Though if there's a chance for a BB comic. I would prefer it was about Gehrman and his story. His entire story needs to be told
>>
>>79178473
Nah, man. It's much more well-paced and focused than Berserk. Despite, y'know, having time travel factor in to some of the stories. And the protagonist isn't spending all his time trying to murder his traitorous ex-boyfriend.
>>
>>79178501
Have you playedthrough the DLC? I find the fishmen there far worse simply because I fucking hate the sea
>>
>>79178520
>I fucking hate the sea
Are you Lovecraft? Because that guy really hated fishing villages. Fishing villages and black people.
>>
>>79152197
>comic book
>not a manga drawn by Yang Kyung-il(Shin Angyo Onshi) and written by Masashi Kishimoto

what a blunder
>>
>>79178507
>Micolash did everything in his power to gain the favor of Kos/m
>you find out in the Old Hunters DLC that she died a long, long time ago.
>he and the citizens of the Fishing Hamlet were praying to something that wasn't there anymore

That was a nice twist on the whole dark religion beat. That there might've been a greater power out there, but it either left or outright died, and we're all unwittingly living in its carcass. All alone. Orphaned. At least with an evil deity, you've got an enemy. In the scenario above, you'd have nothing.
>>
>>79178553
a Mike Mignola drawn comic would be great too
>>
>>79178556
Too bad the Orphan had such a boring design.
>>
>>79178556
Each great one is a separate entity with their own goals. Granted, they all want children. They also are very willing to come when called. They missed a chance for making covenants linked to different great ones for online/pvp play.
>>
>>79178550
I just hate sea, sure some of it looks beautiful but most of it looks uninviting and unnerving. I mean Barnacles give me the impression of some kind of blob monster growth

>>79178570
Yeah Orphan was kind of disappointing on the design side. Until he grows wings and starts raping you over and over again.
>>
>>79154927
>villainous woman and heroic man fall in love and get together
This is my fetish, and it happens twice in DS2
>>
>>79163500
most people don't know ENB
he was before souls became super popular

he basically was the first lets play/guide since he got an early release edition from japan which had a release date earlier than the west
>>
>>79178626
>the Ivory King was such a big dick G he sexed a fragment of Manus into submission
>>
File: SnailWomanNoShell.jpg (5 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
SnailWomanNoShell.jpg
5 KB, 400x225
>>79178550
>>79178520
Why would anyone like the sea? It's the toilet of the world. Go too far from the shore and you could drown. It's filled with some of the most poisonous creatures in the animal kingdom. Whirpools, tidal waves, underwater eruptions. And you can't drink any of it. Not to mention all the nautical predators that can maneuver in it better than you. That's not even going into how the deeper you go, the weirder the wildlife gets and how the pressure will simply crush you.

That said, I probably would fuck a snail woman after making sure doing so wouldn't kill me. Consent optional.
>>
>>79178626
>>79178642
I don't think Alsanna was villainous though. She just wanted to be protected and loved. Something the Ivory king gave her.
>>
File: gehrman.jpg (269 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
gehrman.jpg
269 KB, 1280x720
>>79178570
>thinking that the Bloodborne finale should give you a sense of cathartic fulfillment instead of fleeting, visceral adrenaline followed by inexplicable shame
>missing the point this hard

Because I felt like such a hero after I killed this guy.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (131 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
131 KB, 1920x1080
>>79178553
>not Tsutomu Nihei
his comics are all walking alone in a giant monster infested place with little dialogue
>>
>>79178657
>tfw no tall, burly Ivory King to be your big spoon at night
>>
>>79178670
My gripe with it is that, for an alien creature, he barely looked alien at all. Fighting something that looks sad and pathetic creates a great sense of melancholy, but I can't look at the Orphan without thinking, "that's just a dude."
>>
File: 1382557017343.jpg (111 KB, 1535x1535) Image search: [Google]
1382557017343.jpg
111 KB, 1535x1535
>>79152197
I wish ds2 sticked more with the manus theme instead of the giants theme
>>
>>79178570
You're committing a post-mortem abortion. There's nothing wrong with him looking like a fetus and using his umbilical chord as a weapon.
>>
>>79178689
A guy fucked Kos
>>
>>79178710
He doesn't look like a fetus though, he looks like a skinny old man.
>>
>>79178693
I wish ds2 tried to be it's own thing instead of being bad ds1 fanfiction
>>
>>79178693

I liked the Giant stuff, if only for how refreshing their designs were. Vendrick was the coolest, behind Ivory King.
>>
>>79178732
Yeah, I would have been way more interested in the war with the giants if they had actually developed the lore they started to write instead of hamfisting as much DaS1 fanservice in there as possible.
>>
File: Gehrman in a nutshell.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1184) Image search: [Google]
Gehrman in a nutshell.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1184
>>79178670
>Dude literally just wanted to help out against the beasts but was fucked over by everything in the world. If that wasn't enough his waifu was taken away
>Yet he will never ask you to free him and will forcibly remove you from the dream so that you won't suffer his fate
Gehrman was too good for that world.
>>
>>79178732
they shouldn't have called it dark souls 2 in the first place
be like demon's souls and bloodborne and create a new universe with a new name.
>>
>>79178790
Have to hold onto that copyright/license. Dark Souls 1 would have been Demon's Souls 2 if it wasn't for Sony having rights to that IP/name.
>>
File: 1441773411367.png (469 KB, 916x513) Image search: [Google]
1441773411367.png
469 KB, 916x513
>>79178670
Gehrman had his fair share of crimes to atone for. The very nicest thing you can say about him at the time of the game's events is that he'd already paid with honor...and interest.
>>
File: bloodborne back.jpg (129 KB, 873x428) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne back.jpg
129 KB, 873x428
>>79178776
>comes from a line of decadent, amoral artisans
>tries to actually help the common folk of Yharnam
>tries to find a cure for the plague once it gets really bad
>utterly fails at both ventures
>glimpses the horrid truth behind the whole epidemic
>her despair brings her into the Hunter's Nightmare
>listlessly resigns herself to the Clocktower. Alone and hollow
>>
File: Valtr.jpg (55 KB, 504x773) Image search: [Google]
Valtr.jpg
55 KB, 504x773
Valtr a best.
>>
File: Micolash just do it.png (423 KB, 720x1050) Image search: [Google]
Micolash just do it.png
423 KB, 720x1050
>>79178826
No dreams. Only nightmares
>>
>>79155243

Dark Souls is a hard game. It's not an impossible game or anything, and people exaggerate it a lot, but generally speaking is on the harder end of the curve most videogames live in. I mean, Super Meat Boy is generally considered a difficult game, too, and having played both I would say Dark Souls can be noticeably harder than SMB in points.

Dark Souls is just not a PUNISHING game, which is the good way to do difficulty. Dying in Dark Souls is just not a big deal - you lose some souls that you'll generally get back on the way to where you were anyway, and nothing else. Dying is simply how you learn things. So you gon' die a lot, but it doesn't get frustrating. I remember how much I died to Artorias until I actually understood his tells and patterns, but man was it fun.
>>
>>79178913
I hated the starting parts of Bloodborne because your couldn't level up until you either fought (and probably died against) your first boss or found a Madman's Knowledge.
>>
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 566x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 566x700
>>79152197
The dark souls 2 comic must be so mediocre since I have never seen it posted in /vg/ or /v/.
>>
>>79179142
It's about 15 page, you can find it online easily.

It's alright, nothing really standing out.
>>
File: STL000778.jpg (72 KB, 600x910) Image search: [Google]
STL000778.jpg
72 KB, 600x910
>>79152197
This comic will come put on April 6, according to a text file that was recently uploaded to PREVIEWSworld ahead of the Titan April 2016 solicitations.

Pic related is the regular game art cover to #1.
>>
>>79178504
Not so much a port that HE insisted everybody play, but a port that EVO insisted everybody play; people had assumed that the traditional arcade unit would be used as before, but this was the year they switched to console ports, I believe.
>>
>>79169939
Why talk when you can SKREEEEONK.
>>
>>79178913
That's one of the aspects I liked more about Demon's Souls and Dark Soul 2, that dying meant you went hollow and lost half your health bar, or your max health gradually went down as you kept dying and became more hollowed. In Dark Souls it just meant that you couldn't summon anyone, not that big of a deal. Hell, I spent most of the game hollowed just so I wouldn't have to deal with invasions.
>>
>>79162945
I was in an onlyafro vid. So him
>>
File: alva:shanalotte.jpg (2 MB, 2828x3912) Image search: [Google]
alva:shanalotte.jpg
2 MB, 2828x3912
>>79178657

I think he was talking about Nashandra. And Zullie reformed. Alva gave her a taste of his holy lance and she fell in love with justice.
>>
>>79178732

I honestly liked DaS2's theme way more than DaS1's. Dragons actually had a purpose in the setting and fit into the main theme of want. In DaS1 they were just kinda there for shits and gigs.
>>
They should give it another year of development at least, i'm very worried about DaS 3
>>
>>79181233
What about it worries you?
>>
>>79181490
rushed unfinished game like das 1
Thread replies: 249
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.