[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.gadgetmash.com/disneylan d-is-closing-some-wild-w
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4
File: stinky-pete-the-prospector.jpg (13 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
stinky-pete-the-prospector.jpg
13 KB, 400x300
http://www.gadgetmash.com/disneyland-is-closing-some-wild-west-attractions-to-make-way-for-starwars/

They called it.
>>
Wild west was never interesting. Ever. That's why the only good westerns are parodies and deconstructions.
>>
>>79134554
>He never spent weekends watching Westerns with his grandpa
I feel so bad for you
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (63 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
63 KB, 1280x720
>>79134501
>Wild west was never interesting
>>
>>79134554
Can't speak for Disneyland but Worlds FrontierLand has Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain the two best rides in the park.
>>
>>79134554
I'd rather watch a good western than Flare Wars any day.
>>
>>79134715
Just hope that it's actual rides. World is getting Avatar land with the whole park gimmick being 3D, meaning most likely they'll copy Universal's style of putting you in a chair that moves back and forth for a bit while you look at a TV.
>>
File: tumblr_o17e2rJkWl1s2wio8o1_1280.jpg (118 KB, 610x518) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o17e2rJkWl1s2wio8o1_1280.jpg
118 KB, 610x518
>>79134501
Only true losses are the barbeque and petting zoo at Big Thunder Ranch and a slight shortening of Rivers of America that's not even as extensive as most people were panicking about on Twitter.

>>79134806
Animal Kingdom's Avatarland is a boat ride with animatronics and a Soarin' clone to put you on the back of a Banshee, not a full on 3D Universal Studios ride.
>>
It's only temporarily
>>
>>79134964
>Avatarland is a boat ride with animatronics
That's neat
>and a Soarin' clone
Oh god no. Me and my cousin have PTSD from that ride. When it came out we were one of the first people to ride it. The line was a whole two hours and you could imagine our faces when it's revealed it was just sitting up in the air thirty feet high while looking at a television that had stock footage of American landscapes.
>>
>>79135072
>An IMAX theater=Television.

I didn't know Godzilla posted on 4chan.
>>
>>79134964
the barbeque is a huge fucking loss. It was the one place you could get an "all you can eat" meal at Disneyland and the portions were fuck-huge to begin with.

And it wasn't one of those cheap, pre-packaged meals they usually cook up.

>>79134501
we've known this for some time.

>>79134646
>>79134684
To be somewhat fair, Star Wars is, among many things a space WESTERN.

Though now I'm thinking:
>That feel when no episode of Buzz Lightyear where he visits a frontier colony planet and encounters Space!Woody.
>>
>>79134501
>disneyland
>magic kingdoms parking lot is bigger than that whole park
like anyone cares about that park.
>>
File: 1431235710278.png (489 KB, 656x425) Image search: [Google]
1431235710278.png
489 KB, 656x425
>>79134554
>>
>>79135147
You know what the fuck I mean anon, I never stood in line for 2 hours for an IMAX film let alone for 10 minutes of Google Earth.
>>
>>79135147
he's usually a weekend poster, and even then mostly on Sundays. Military mentality plus Japanese work ethic makes working for the JDSF harsh on one's personally life, especially with China and North Korea's militarization.
>>
You think that's bad? An Aladdin stage play is being replaced by a Frozen one.
>>
>>79135267
To be fair, the Aladdin show has been around for-fucking-ever. On the flipside: frozen? Goddammit.

I was hoping beauty and the beast. I guess that's been done to death though.

Maybe Lion King? Just something a bit more classical.
>>
>>79135187
Disneyland crams like twice as much to do as the Magic Kingdom within that small space and has Indiana Jones though.
>>
>>79135267
They should've went with Tangled. Oh well
>>
Man, it must suck that Disneyland has no space to expand any more.
>>
>>79135267
>>79135335
As long as it lets the Muppets have their theater back, I'm fine with it.
>>
Wait they had a petting zoo? I've never noticed it and I've been there 3 times.
>>
>>79135362
Word is Fantasyland's getting some expansion that'll kill the theater and Toontown in the future. Would be nice if they could fill in the old Motorboat Cruise in favor of new stuff as well. Maybe take out the Fantasyland half of Autopia too, I don't think that has the "Built on the roof of the Sub ride" problem the Tomorrowland half does.
>>
>>79135389
>Disneyland doesn't have Muppet Theater
Really? Man you guys must have it rough. But then again, you guys will never experience true loss until you've got and lost ExtraTERRORestrial.
>>
>>79135472
Frozen Sing-Along moved into the Muppet Theater a few years ago as part of the "We've got Frozen Out the Ass" promotional period. But really, Disneyland's stopped caring about their 3D attractions anyways. They mostly use those theaters for shilling new movies with previews now. Tough to Be a Bug's been home to Ant-Man, Good Dinosaur and Zootopia and the EO theater in Tomorrowland is just running a Star Wars clip show.
>>
>>79135362
I'm sure they can GET the space, it's just not seen as practical.

I mean it's Disneyland, they basically OWN Anaheim.

And there are some pretty crappy liquor stores in the area I wouldn't weep over vanishing.

And an overpriced Denny's.

And a McDonald's.

>>79135187
Huh... Well shit. Disney World gets about three million more visitors than Disneyland.

Curiously, Tokyo Disney actually gets two million more than Disneyland making it the second placer.
>>
>>79135567
I fucking miss captain EO so much...
>>
People cry about Frontier Land, but Tomorrow Land seems even more aimless now. Probably prime material for a big Marvel makeover.
>>
>>79135151
>That feel when no episode of Buzz Lightyear where he visits a frontier colony planet and encounters Space!Woody.
Dammit all

They could've brought Tom Hanks back too, since he would probably be a guest star
>>
>>79135847
Word is Marvel's gonna be a DCA expansion. Behind Tower of Terror.
>>
>Older, less popular attractions replaced with newer, more popular ones to make people visit again and make more money.

Well no fucking shit. Do you even now how theme parks are managed?
>>
>>79136150
It's almost as if they're commercial ventures and don't exist to cater to random faggots on 4chan
>>
>>79134964
>Not moving Star Tours
Thats going to feel really out of place. Especially since, I assume, they'll be moving the Jedi Training.
>>
so? when does Marvel's lease with Univeral end so they can finally make some Marvel stuff on U.S. ground?
>>
>>79134964
>Animal Kingdom's Avatarland is a boat ride with animatronics
You mean animatronics of Pandora's animals? Are there any pictures yet?
>>
>>79135187
DisneyLand seems to inspire a lot more zeal from its fans than WDW ever did. I'm presuming that's because it's closer to an actual metropolitan city and so infinitely more people visit there and can return more regularly (and also that it's probably overcrowded as fuck).
>>
>>79138331
Disneyland's also the original and the only one Walt was alive for.
>>
>>79135570
Even Florida is preferable to Commiefornia.
I'm surprised they took so long to put a Legoland there.
>>
>>79134554
Get bent greenhorn
>>
>>79134964
I honestly didn't think Disneyland had that much land to work with.
>>
>>79142175
Aside from the Big Thunder Ranch removal and River alterations, they're also going to take out a bunch of backstage facilities and relocate them to some new land they bought adjacent to one of the parking lots.
>>
>>79134554
Fuck you, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly is legendary.
>>
>>79135443
I remember visiting that zoo a few times as a kid. Their old claim to fame was 'Mickey Moo', a holstein cow with a mickey mouse print. They also used to showcase the turkey that got pardoned by the President on Thanksgiving.
>>
>>79135443
I've never noticed it and I've been there literally fucking 40 times in my life so far
>>
Hey, I saw this same post on reddit
>>
>>79135187
>>79135355

They also actually do really good upkeep on the attractions at Disneyland versus the Magic Kingdom because they know they have to keep the locals coming.
>>
>>79144880
Hell, a few years ago, visiting WDW execs actually chastised Disneyland management for giving a shit about detail and upkeep over the bottom line.
>>
>>79134964
Are both Star Wars rides 3D simulators?
>>
>>79145200
The Falcon ride is a simulator, the Escape ride is a full on dark ride. Apparently is to be the American debut of the Mystic Manor/Pooh's Hunny Hunt/Ratatouille trackless ride system.
>>
>>79145331
This gets my interest
>>
>>79135267
>giving a single shit about the stage plays
>>
>>79144087
The Outlaw Josey Wales is better.
>>
Why can't the Star Wars stuff just be built on California Adventure? What's even in California Adventure?
>>
>>79136409
Never or 10 years after the superhero film bubble finally bursts, whichever comes first
>>
>>79145873
The last expansion plot in DCA is being saved for Marvel.

Really, Star Wars should have been saved for a new third park.
>>
>>79136409
They can do Marvel stuff in California, just not Florida.
>>
>Club Villain getting cancelled for Star Wars dinner party
Fucking bullshit.
>>
>>79146070
They don't really have enough room to do another park. Unless they bulldoze Downtown Disney and the hotels. Or they do it off site somewhere.
>>
>>79135151
>This BBQ description

I am dripping envy and frustration both at once
>>
>>79146205
The land that became the Toy Story lot was originally bought for a third gate. Of course that'd require another parking garage to compensate.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.