[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>French animation keeps growing >Industry starts to boom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 14
>French animation keeps growing
>Industry starts to boom
>Ten years later all these kids have grown up with French cartoons
>Ouiaboos
>Kids start acting like France is the greatest place on earth
>Everyone start having ouiaboo usernames like MonsieurJacques, MademoiselleBlancheChatte
>Keep going on about how French cuisine is better, how hot the women are, and how unique the place is because of fucking cartoons
Hope you're happy, frogs
>>
But french sounds shitty though
>>
>>79120905
>French animation keeps growing
It's stagnant right now.
>>
>>79120917
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animated_feature_films_of_2015
There was a decent amount last year, more than the year before that
>>
>>79120905
Neat, maybe then France can be relevant outside of terrorist attacks and riots.
>>
>>79120913
But they're not afraid to show titties.
>>
The French will never surpass the Japanese in terms on animation.
>>
>>79121736
>>>/a/
>>>/out/
>>
>>79120905
>Ouiaboos

Got me good, Anon.
>>
>>79121736
They're already pretty close...
>>
>>79120905

>Ouiaboos

My lips twitch with the hint of amusement.
>>
>>79121736
It's doubtful anyone will.

>>79121779
What would be an example of that?
>>
>>79121743
>>79121779
But it's true. Japan at its height is impossible to surpass.
>>
File: 1423178865213.png (934 KB, 940x705) Image search: [Google]
1423178865213.png
934 KB, 940x705
But that's true Anon, we're the BEST.
inb4 " chauvinisme"
>>
>>79121725
Doesn't matter. They all just censor it for American TV anyway.
>>
>>79121846
You're right. We don't have nearly as much socially inept and maladjusted people to sustain an animation industry of their calibre
>>
Incal and Metabarons alone are better than any Nip product ever, so I'd be okay with this.
>>
>>79121846
>muh pretentious art animation
>>
>>79121912
Which is why they'll always be the best.
It also helps that the government helps fund new animators in Japan.
>>
>>79121912

We're working on it, though.
>>
>>79121924
French government also currently funding animation in France
>>
>>79121919
How is it pretentious?
>>
>>79121933
And yet the quality of it is still inferior.
>>
>>79121952
>The paper lantern survives
>The buildings don't
I don't understand this.
>>
>>79121952
Well Frenchies don't have hellish workhours
>>
File: 798[1].png (306 KB, 593x540) Image search: [Google]
798[1].png
306 KB, 593x540
>>79121631
Being hated by sandniggers is the price of freedom of expression. That said.

>Implying terrorist attacks won't rise proportionate to the growth of France's animation industry
I can't wait for "Les aventures de petit Mohammad", an action-comedy with lewd elements set in 7th century Arabia.
>>
>>79121974
Origami is a sacred art where paper is folder over a gorillion times, until it's diamond solid
>>
>>79121975
Which is why they won't surpass glorious Nippon.
>>
>>79121975
They're not that autistic. Miyazaki drove himself relentlessly until he was past 70 years old and decided he just couldn't handle those 16 hour workdays anymore.
>>
>>79122012

Get out weaboo, this is a French animation thread. Not a Japanese one.
>>
>>79122012
But can they surpass in lewd?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5fFm5RE4OA
>>
>>79122046
they've been doing that for over 30 years
>>
>>79122012
sauce?

I usually can't take anime too seriously but that doesn't seem like a requirement to enjoy whatever this is.
>>
>>79121924
Anime Mirai is a pretty interesting project. They give money to studios for a short film, and then new animators are sent to the studios to do the animation under the guidance of veterans. They also take classes at the same time.

>>79122046
Bath scenes are a dime a dozen in anime.
>>
File: 1434540901954.jpg (305 KB, 1420x1208) Image search: [Google]
1434540901954.jpg
305 KB, 1420x1208
>>79120905
>ouiaboos

Heh.
>>
>>79121982
>I can't wait for "Les aventures de petit Mohammad", an action-comedy with lewd elements set in 7th century Arabia.

I watch the shit out of that
>>
>>79122052
>>79122070
The question is not if someone has been doing it but if someone can surpass them
>>
>>79121846
>>79121924
>>79121952
>>79122012
I'm as much of a weeaboo as the next guy and think French animation is pretty overrated (there's Wakfu and.... what else? A few hastily shat out shows that were voiced in English purely to appeal to American audiences?) but you're mostly posting stuff from the 80s. Modern day anime isn't exactly in a good spot. It's mostly moeshit and haremshit to appeal to the hardcore otaku base, who are pretty much the only ones buying the merchandise the anime industry needs to sustain itself.

The manga market is another story altogether.
>>
>>79122097
>The manga market is another story altogether.
What's going on in the current manga industry?
>>
File: 1450666964004.jpg (19 KB, 320x181) Image search: [Google]
1450666964004.jpg
19 KB, 320x181
>Ouiaboos
>>
>>79122097
Anything by KyoAni has good animation.
>>
>>79122080
If that scene is supposed to be your example, it's surpassed on a routine basis.

>>79122097
>It's mostly moeshit and haremshit to appeal to the hardcore otaku base, who are pretty much the only ones buying the merchandise the anime industry needs to sustain itself.
No. This is a completely made up meme. You are just repeating misinformation you heard somewhere.
>>
>>79122097
>It's mostly moeshit and haremshit to appeal to the hardcore otaku base, who are pretty much the only ones buying the merchandise the anime industry needs to sustain itself

The anime industry is fucked due to demographics; there's no shonen anymore because Japan is a nation of old people. No kids=no market for shonen, so all they can do is appeal to unemployed 30 year olds.
>>
File: Booby limbo.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Booby limbo.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>79122108
>What's going on in the current manga industry?
Not much more than usual, it's just that it's a lot more varied than the anime industry due to much lower entry standards and much lower profit requirements. Unlike anime, manga can afford to be niche.

>>79122121
Just because it's well animated doesn't mean it's well written.
>>
>>79121982
Nah, they make a big, fat propaganda piece on Atatürk, pissing all over Muslim fundamentalism and the current Turkish government.
No need to even get meanspirited. You just have to endorse Kemalism as a big step in the right direction to imply the failures of Erdogan and people who think similarly.
Just propagating the historic and existing reform movements within Islam will piss off a ton of people while avoiding any criticism from the left.
This would avoid heating up general discourse while helping their own interest.
>>
>anime vs french stuff
Why does it matter, they're both animated by koreans anyway
>>
>>79122144
True, but kinda irrelevant, since France has already far surpassed Japan when it comes to comics.
>>
>>79122056
ninja ryuukenden
>>
>>79122183
Manga is better though.
>>
>>79122203
Name a single manga that's as good as Incal or Metabarons.
>>
File: 1452634621474s.jpg (4 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1452634621474s.jpg
4 KB, 125x125
>>79120905
>Ouiaboos
>>
>>79122133
Shounen hasn't gone anywhere. How do you people come up with this stuff. Like seriously... how?

And what makes you think the unemployed are a good target demographic for anything?

>>79122144
Late night anime is in itself a niche.

>>79122176
Anime isn't animated by Koreans. Only some of the work is outsourced to Korea (or other Asian countries).
>>
>>79122216

Don't forget Arzach's influence
>>
File: 1450967857082.jpg (2 MB, 5925x4080) Image search: [Google]
1450967857082.jpg
2 MB, 5925x4080
>>79122097
at least one show's going right
>>
>>79122263
>not mentioning Osomatsu-san
>>
Honestly most Japanese don't think that their low birthrate is a problem. I've been there, talked to people, and they've told me "Our nation is too crowded. We have too many people. After the older generation dies off, the population will shrink and we'll be able to have kids again."
>>
>>79122216
You don't seem to understand just how much manga has been and is published in Japan.
>>
>>79122236
>And what makes you think the unemployed are a good target demographic for anything?
Unemployed doesn't mean poor. There is tons of money to milk out of them. Be it from a disability check or their mom's pocket book.
>>
>>79122284
It's that obsessive work ethic that caused these problems, Japanese Millenials have rebelled against their parents' "Work until you collapse" mindset and prefer to live an easy, laid-back NEET life.

Really, Japan needs to chill out, work fewer hours, take more vacations, drop the $100,000 weddings, and the 1890s Germany-style school system. Nobody's advocating being lazy, but then you don't want to go the other extreme and become soulless robots who exist only as machines there to produce.
>>
>>79122311
You are just projecting negative Western stereotypes onto otaku because you hate them (for whatever reason). And of course you didn't to forget to allude to the popular pandering myth by saying that the otaku are being "milked."
>>
>>79122284
Japan has a population density of 873 people per square mile, one of the highest in the world. China with a billion people has nowhere near that population density.
>>
Japan may be in for a decline in total population but their country will not be taken over by outsiders like America and most of Europe will. At the end of the day Japan will have a less populated nation that can be revitalized by a national birth decree. In our country we will not be here in a hundred years but the Hispanics and Muslims will. Just try and immigrate to Japan legally or illegally and see how far you get. They know how to save their country for future generations unlike America and Europe.
>>
>>79122284
Taiwan as well. Horribly overpopulated for its size, birthrate of about 1.0 children per woman.
>>
>>79122183
It's different, really. Both are large markets with varied projects.
Comparing their best, you don't really see clear winners.
I mean, can you fault them for producing a ton of shit when it sells?
I could name you a good recent manga for just about any genre.
Look at Green Blood, a great Western.
Otoyomegatari, a beautiful romantic period piece.
Yotsuba&, an uplifting SOL.
Billy Bat, an intense mystery thriller that draws on the history of comics.
Manhole, a short crime story.
Nana & Kaoru, a critically acclaimed (seriously, I found out about it via the feuilleton) romantic comedy about SM play.
Toriko, the battle shounen that declared its undying love for food.

Just because your shops are full of shit doesn't mean there's no great stuff in there. I won't go decrying the state of the book market because most books published are mediocre at best.
>>
>>79122352
You are such a defensive little bitch.
I have been unemployed for nearly 8 years. I buy tons of otaku shit. I make bad decisions with my income all the time. I speak from experience.
>>
>>79122364

China's population is spread well enough around their coast, massive coast too. Japan is what? Some 370k sq.km? China 9.8mil sq.km?
>>
>>79122404
>You are such a defensive little bitch.
Translation: "You are not believing my made up bullshit! You can't do that!"

>I have been unemployed for nearly 8 years. I buy tons of otaku shit. I make bad decisions with my income all the time. I speak from experience.
Whatever is going in your life does not determine what is going on with Japanese otaku, and you are also lying about being an otaku to make your claims seem more credible.
>>
>>79122434
I made a general statement about unemployed people. It is true. They are a viable market. They have an income.
And you can believe what you want. I'm just sorry your feelings are hurt so easily over facts.
>>
>>79122466
You didn't present any facts. You projected negative Western stereotypes onto otaku, repeated the pandering myth (otaku are "milked") and then tried to backpedal by claiming you're an otaku. Fuck off.

And I just noticed you're also who made that claim about shounen manga/anime no longer existing. That alone shows you have not even the slighest idea what you're talking about and there's no way in hell you could be an otaku.
>>
>>79122331
Looking at the current German industrial meta, the Japanese should look to senpai once more.
Working less than 40 hours with guaranteed and mandatory (mostly so you can't be strongarmed into working more) holidays, no mandatory company events all the time, parental leave etc. Could help Japan get their youth employed and the older generation healthy.
Also it will avoid their problem of men with no social life who can't handle retirement.
>>
>>79122537
My fact is that not all unemployed people are poor. I don't know how this can be argued at all. They are people that are pandered to because it makes money.
> to backpedal by claiming you're an otaku
I really don't care what some pussy boy on an image board believes.
>And I just noticed you're also who made that claim about shounen manga/anime no longer existing. That alone shows you have not even the slighest idea what you're talking about and there's no way in hell you could be an otaku.
I'm not the same person you cumguzzler.
>Fuck off.
Suck my dick.
>>
Why is /co/ so tsundere for /a/?
>>
>>79122581
>They are people that are pandered to because it makes money.
Further proof you're not an otaku.

>I'm not the same person you cumguzzler.
These two statements:
>The anime industry is fucked due to demographics; there's no shonen anymore because Japan is a nation of old people. No kids=no market for shonen.
>So all they can do is appeal to unemployed 30 year olds.
Were made in the same post. So you made one but not the other? Sure thing.

Why are you still here, still trying to salvage this trainwreck?
>>
>>79122566
>Also it will avoid their problem of men with no social life who can't handle retirement

Ok maybe not Japan, but my dad knew a retired bus driver who couldn't find anything to do except watch TV and tell stories about driving buses.

He eventually hung himself.
>>
File: 1294428626646.jpg (186 KB, 1369x1069) Image search: [Google]
1294428626646.jpg
186 KB, 1369x1069
>>79120905
>ouiaboo
Actually it is spell Ouiabou and the plural is Ouiaboux
>>
>>79122625
I'm the same person.

You're just in denial of a basic human fact that
a) even unemployed people have money
b) people are pandered to for their money
c) anime has a long, long history of pandering.
>>
>>79122673
Anime was always about exhibiting animators and their talent.
>>
>>79122641
Bus driving always seemed like such a boring, mind-numbing job. I can't imagine why anyone would want to do it.
>>
>>79122673
>c) anime has a long, long history of pandering.
And not a single person has ever proven even one case of pandering, or even attempted to prove it. Not. Even. One. You've got a pretty fucking long way to go to prove that it exists on some large scale.
>>
>>79122683
I mean't to say I'm -not- the same person but. whatever. fuck it.

Some anime is about art. Some is about selling you video games and trading cards. Some are for lonely unemployed people who don't get to touch girls, jap or western.
>>
>>79122715
Isn't that every medium to some extent?
>>
>>79122711
>>79122771

you know. my mistake in that is singling out anime.
Everything fucking panders to someone. Its pretty much the definition of targeting a demographic.
>>
>>79122771
Yeah, weird, it's almost as if anime isn't this one unified thing
>>
>>79122795
But everyone treats it as a way to pander to NEETs.
>>
>>79122715
Art is not mutually exclusive with commerce, and just because a company wants to promote their video game or whatever doesn't mean that the director, writer and studio hired for the job are just going through the motions and producing crap they don't care about.

>Some are for lonely unemployed people who don't get to touch girls, jap or western.
An otaku would be aware that there's also a huge market for equivalent works aimed at a female audience.

And this unemployment shit is, again, just you projecting.

>>79122788
Everything panders to someone yet not even ONE case of pandering in anime has ever been proven. Wow you're sure convincing me with those hot opinions.
>>
>>79122832
Anime is exempt from targeting demographics?
The fact that there are Shonen (targeted towards kids), Shojo (targeted towards female teenagers), Josei (targeted towards female adults) don't show you that the dreaded "P" word doesn't happen in anime?
>>
>>79122300
And yet, you haven't named one. Besides, quality does not at all equal quantity.
>>
>>79122403
see >>79122874
>>
>>79122866
Again: not even a single case of pandering has ever been proven.

>>79122874
If you think this "war" between French comics and manga comes down to two works then you have some pretty serious misconceptions about the scale and diversity of manga.
>>
>>79122832
what unemployment "shit"?
You don't have to be unemployed to enjoy anime. You don't even have to be a loser.

My only angle with the unemployment thing is that unemployed people have money to vote with too. And it is evident that they have voted. Moe anime is very popular with NEET shut ins, in japan and in the west. Just incase you don't know the definition of "NEET" is "Not in Education, Employment, or Training". Many of them are capable of and do buy merchandising for shows targeted towards them.
I don't see how this can be argued. really.
>>
>>79122899
Of course it doesn't. I'm just not gonna make a whole list. And it's not a war. As >>79122403
says, there's plenty of great manga, and I respect that, but I still believe France has surpassed Japan when it comes to the comic medium, just as, while France has good cartoons, Japan has surpassed it when it comes to animation.
>>
>>79122903
>what unemployment "shit"?
If you think pretending to be stupid is going to salvage this, you're sadly mistaken.

>Moe anime is very popular with NEET shut ins
You mean NEET shut-ins who create--usually in cooperation with other people and often on a professional or semi-professional basis--moe manga, moe anime, moe games and moe figures, and attend conventions and other events with hundreds or thousands of other people? Or do those people not fit your stereotype of otaku?
>>
>>79122937
The French have not surpassed them in both forms.
>>
>>79122967

>You mean NEET shut-ins who create . . .

I said they're NEET shut-ins, not morons incapable of doing basic human tasks like cooperation and leaving the house. I am a shut-in but even I have to leave eventually to get food or to be around like minded people for a while.

There is obviously some baggage here. I feel like you are the one that is ashamed of being a NEET. I'm completely fine with it.

Denying the fact that anime panders is like denying the sky is blue. It is everywhere. Look at the type of anime that is being made. Look at the merchandising. Notice how many shows fit into specific categories.

I'm unemployed. I have money. I spend a lot of it on anime garbage I really shouldn't. From shows that were designed to get that response from me. There are many others like me in japan and the west. I'm being pandered to and I am completely fine with it.

Are you?
>>
File: pretentious.webm (1 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
pretentious.webm
1 MB, 720x480
>this is considered ""art"" in Japan
>>
>>79123249
>There is obviously some baggage here. I feel like you are the one that is ashamed of being a NEET. I'm completely fine with it.
What's obvious here is that you're just peddling anti-otaku stereotypes because you have some weird problem with them. You are not an otaku, you are just pretending to be one to make your claims seem more legitimate.

Also I am not a NEET.

>Denying the fact that anime panders is like denying the sky is blue. It is everywhere.
Once again: not even a single proven case exists.

>Notice how many shows fit into specific categories.
Blues music fits in the blues category. Doesn't mean it's "pandering" to anyone.

>>79123261
Maybe it is, maybe it isn't (I don't know what anime this is or how this clip is supposed to prove anything one way or another). Anime is not just one thing or another, it's many things.
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.